Latest topics
Moving to DFW - need adviceYesterday at 09:10 pmAtThePitch
JCL Weekly Marquee MatchupsYesterday at 07:32 pmNtxDad101
Question about coaching at U10Yesterday at 03:48 pmsoccerhuh18
TOURNAMENT: VETERAN HEROES CUP - Nov 9-11, 2018Yesterday at 12:02 pmU90C
Kick It 3v3 Soccer-3v3 Fever-Jan 5, 2019Yesterday at 02:28 amKick It 3v3 Soccer
Here were go again - Games Cancellation20/10/18, 10:16 pmCerv1973
Looking for 2010 team to play20/10/18, 02:39 pmSolar11G Wheatley
D'Feeters 10G Colon/Abouzar looking to add players! 19/10/18, 10:21 pmpingo99
TOURNAMENT: College Showcase & Combine Nov 16-1819/10/18, 06:47 pmatlas_sports
is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys?19/10/18, 06:13 pmDeltaTauChi
Blue Sky Winter Indoor Soccer Leagues19/10/18, 05:42 pmbssc
DALLAS TEXANS FALL FESTIVAL 201819/10/18, 03:52 pmRiquelme Rises
How to find a team for winter?!19/10/18, 02:52 pmgoscore!
10 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)19/10/18, 01:11 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)19/10/18, 01:09 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)19/10/18, 01:07 pmU90C
FC Frisco Storm 03G looking for defender19/10/18, 11:39 amgiraffesrcute
FC Frisco Storm 03G looking for defender19/10/18, 11:38 amgiraffesrcute
FC Frisco Storm 03G looking for defender19/10/18, 11:34 amgiraffesrcute
Adding 1-2 Players19/10/18, 09:37 amTexas Spurs 08G Blue
08 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)18/10/18, 06:02 pmU90C
12 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)18/10/18, 06:01 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)18/10/18, 05:58 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)18/10/18, 05:57 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)18/10/18, 05:52 pmU90C
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12703 registered users
The newest registered user is Sting Alliance

Our users have posted a total of 182837 messages in 24294 subjects

Week 1 in D1

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by factsmatter on 28/08/18, 05:19 pm

07 boys soccer wrote:Yeah- Stars and Stripes could easily be in top 10 or 5 of D1.  Also heard from guy on their team they beat Rush easily in a scrimmage a couple of weeks ago.  So they must be pretty good when coupled with only losing 3-1 to top Solar team in 30 mins of soccer, he did mention Solar hit the post three more times but it was a good match.  Did he say how they did against Solar West?  Just curious as I have haven’t heard much out of them and wonder what they look like.

Stars and Stripes are a good team... but I think it's a stretch to say Top 10 or 5 in D1. They did beat the 2nd group of Solar U12 (East) 5-2. However, both of Solar's U12 DA's top groups handled them very easily. East won 3-1, and West won 4-1. Let's also keep in mind that these were round robin scrimmages, with no officiating. It's not hard to imagine that several calls were not enforced. Again, Stars and Stripes are a good team, and they would do well in classic, but I don't believe they are top 10 D1 at all based on what I saw. They're work against the 2nd group just goes to show the gap between the top/bottom groups, which is likely true at every club at the moment.

factsmatter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 52
Join date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by factsmatter on 28/08/18, 05:33 pm

So, about Classic D1..... here are my thoughts:

If Rebels has their same group of kids from the spring, it's there league to lose this year (much like it was for FCD Academy last season).

If McKinney's group holds form, they should be the favorites to upset Rebels. (We will find out this week, I guess)

Allegiance has the potential, but I still can't see anything that suggest improvement in terms of scoring ability (which was their lone weakness last season, as they are a great possession/defensive team). Most of us originally assumed they were the favorites based on many factors (Ex. the idea that Pedro lost no kids to DA or tranfers, or FCD/Texans/Solar weakened by DA,  or that Rebels are weakened by DA, etc.). Seems that Solar McKinney is still strong, Rebels looks great, and Texans Connell could be a dark horse. FCD Premier, not so much based on their loss this week, but still too early to tell. Allegiance could still win it, I'm just not ready to crown them as a favorite yet.

Then there is Rush. I still believe they will be in the mix for the title. They might has some chemistry to work on, but nothing too large to overcome within the first few games.

FC Legends beating FCD Premier could prove interesting. We will have to wait and see them play a "top" contender... as most here would agree that FCD Premier was depleted due to DA.  Just too early to tell with this group.

factsmatter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 52
Points : 325
Join date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by Dwight on 28/08/18, 07:11 pm

factsmatter wrote:
07 boys soccer wrote:Yeah- Stars and Stripes could easily be in top 10 or 5 of D1.  Also heard from guy on their team they beat Rush easily in a scrimmage a couple of weeks ago.  So they must be pretty good when coupled with only losing 3-1 to top Solar team in 30 mins of soccer, he did mention Solar hit the post three more times but it was a good match.  Did he say how they did against Solar West?  Just curious as I have haven’t heard much out of them and wonder what they look like.

Stars and Stripes are a good team... but I think it's a stretch to say Top 10 or 5 in D1. They did beat the 2nd group of Solar U12 (East) 5-2. However, both of Solar's U12 DA's top groups handled them very easily. East won 3-1, and West won 4-1. Let's also keep in mind that these were round robin scrimmages, with no officiating. It's not hard to imagine that several calls were not enforced. Again, Stars and Stripes are a good team, and they would do well in classic, but I don't believe they are top 10 D1 at all based on what I saw. They're work against the 2nd group just goes to show the gap between the top/bottom groups, which is likely true at every club at the moment.

Stars and Stripes parents said they weren’t told what team they were facing, whether it was Solar East, West 1 or 2. From the info I was given, the first team they played consisted of most of Owens old boys and the won 5-2, second team they played consisted of majority of McKinney’s team and they lost 3-1. The last team, parents weren’t sure where those kids came from but they lost 2-1. I don’t know which of those score lines means Solar handled them very easily. Especially when you take into consideration, this is the “top” talent Solar has to offer, against a non-DA team.

If you factor that in with the scrimmage they had against Rush, which was pretty lopsided (I never heard a score though, but I did hear it got ugly) I would have to agree that they are at least a top 10 D1 team.
avatar
Dwight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 18
Points : 186
Join date : 2018-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by Dwight on 28/08/18, 07:22 pm

I think McKinney will have a solid team, but don’t see them topping Allegiance.

Rebels surprised the world with that beat down. They must of tapped into that Oak Cliff talent pool.
avatar
Dwight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 18
Points : 186
Join date : 2018-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by 07 boys soccer on 28/08/18, 07:39 pm

Seems fair 6-2 vs solar east loss and 4-2 vs solar west loss and 10-4 win vs rest of LP Owen- assuming a full 60 min game based on 30 min round robin results. The Stars and Stripes guy I know said they were 6-0 I believe against Rush which seems to indicate the losses Rush had to DA will take some time to work on chemistry. He did say whichever team was the 3-1 possessed well and hit the post a few times. I guess we will find out this weekend with opening DA weekend.

And I asked my guy why they are wasting their time in Plano- seems they didn’t realize their quality.

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 16
Points : 143
Join date : 2018-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by TayJ6 on 29/08/18, 06:30 am

Granted, we played S&S a long time ago, but I do think they could be D1 quality...but what does that really mean anymore?
I remember them having a couple very talented players individually. They moved the ball well, but were overwhelmed with our teams size and strength on the ball.
In general, the had very good touch, but couldn’t quite put it all together. I haven’t seen them in a while, though. Scrolling brought their YSR, shows some of the typical 07 age group inconsistency. Good results against good teams, then blown out by mediocrity. I think they would be most effective against possession style teams, and least effective against more direct playing teams.

Top 10 in D1? The only way to know that is to get in the league and play. If they qualify for Classic next summer, we may have our answer sometime in the Winter of 2021-2022.

Until then, just take them seriously when you come across them in tournaments.

TayJ6
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 11
Points : 159
Join date : 2018-05-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by factsmatter on 29/08/18, 07:46 am

TayJ6 wrote:Granted, we played S&S a long time ago, but I do think they could be D1 quality...but what does that really mean anymore?
I remember them having a couple very talented players individually. They moved the ball well, but were overwhelmed with our teams size and strength on the ball.
In general, the had very good touch, but couldn’t quite put it all together. I haven’t seen them in a while, though. Scrolling brought their YSR, shows some of the typical 07 age group inconsistency. Good results against good teams, then blown out by mediocrity. I think they would be most effective against possession style teams, and least effective against more direct playing teams.

Top 10 in D1? The only way to know that is to get in the league and play. If they qualify for Classic next summer, we may have our answer sometime in the Winter of 2021-2022.

Until then, just take them seriously when you come across them in tournaments.

I couldn't agree more with you TayJ6. For the record, I'm personal friends with their coach as our sons played/trained together awhile back. He told me that the only reason they didn't play the Classic QT last season was due to having so many 08 players. This season, they chose not to for several other reasons, included the inconsistency and numbers (they had a few player come on late). I'm sure they will play the QT next season. Otherwise, your advice is spot on. They're a great team that will play tough and shock any team that takes them for granted.

factsmatter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 52
Points : 325
Join date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by GoldenBoy on 29/08/18, 08:51 am

"Stars and Stripes are a good team... but I think it's a stretch to say Top 10 or 5 in D1. They did beat the 2nd group of Solar U12 (East) 5-2. However, both of Solar's U12 DA's top groups handled them very easily. East won 3-1, and West won 4-1. Let's also keep in mind that these were round robin scrimmages, with no officiating. It's not hard to imagine that several calls were not enforced. Again, Stars and Stripes are a good team, and they would do well in classic, but I don't believe they are top 10 D1 at all based on what I saw. They're work against the 2nd group just goes to show the gap between the top/bottom groups, which is likely true at every club at the moment."

Facts, agree with you that SAS are a good team. However, half a dozen of the D2 teams would finish top 10 or 15 with the current D1 landscape. Rebels, Rush, Allegiance, McKinney, and Legends are all solid top 5 but the rest is still undetermined. I'm not knocking them at all, but it is curious why they chose to play the tournaments/leagues that they are in. Yes, they have played some top talent, but many of their games are blowouts against lesser teams, right?


Last edited by GoldenBoy on 29/08/18, 08:57 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Typing with mittens on....)

GoldenBoy
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 6
Points : 172
Join date : 2018-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by factsmatter on 29/08/18, 09:20 am

GoldenBoy wrote:
Facts, agree with you that SAS are a good team. However, half a dozen of the D2 teams would finish top 10 or 15 with the current D1 landscape. Rebels, Rush, Allegiance, McKinney, and Legends are all solid top 5 but the rest is still undetermined. I'm not knocking them at all, but it is curious why they chose to play the tournaments/leagues that they are in. Yes, they have played some top talent, but many of their games are blowouts against lesser teams, right?

I completely agree. Let's keep in mind that they are a team that was composed prior to the Age Pure split. Half of they're roster is still made up of 08 players. This is why their coach says they didn't play classic last season. They are playing Plano Premier right now. Let's just see how they perform at the local tournaments versus some top competition before we crown them is my point...

factsmatter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 52
Points : 325
Join date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by CATX on 04/09/18, 10:07 am

Saw FC Dallas Premiere play this weekend in the Plano tourney and not sure how that team lost to Legends. They had a good run through the tournament and have some solid players.

CATX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 851
Join date : 2016-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by dreadpirateroberts on 17/09/18, 10:25 am

Thoughts on first couple games? Who’s most impressive/ biggest surprise? Worst
Performers?

dreadpirateroberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 159
Points : 2157
Join date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by CATX on 17/09/18, 01:31 pm

I think Legends are establishing they are a team to watch out for! Looks to me that Legends, Rush, FC Dallas Premiere, Allegiance, Rebels and Solar Mckinney will have some good battles for the top 3 spots.

CATX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 851
Join date : 2016-07-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by TexanDad37 on 17/09/18, 04:57 pm

As someone who pays to pay attention to one team...

League so far...
Rush 1 - Texans 0
Tigres 2 - Texans 1

Labor Day Tournament

FCD Premier 1 - Texans 0
Celtic 1 - Texans 0
Solar Volkan 2 - Texans 1

How many one point losses can one team accrue in a month?


TexanDad37
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 99
Join date : 2018-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by mstov on 17/09/18, 07:31 pm

TexanDad37 wrote:As someone who pays to pay attention to one team...

League so far...
Rush 1 - Texans 0
Tigres 2 - Texans 1

Labor Day Tournament

FCD Premier 1 - Texans 0
Celtic 1 - Texans 0
Solar Volkan 2 - Texans 1

How many one point losses can one team accrue in a month?

As a dad from one of the aforementioned opposing, they'll be fine. Great defense.

mstov
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 1
Points : 138
Join date : 2018-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by BoKnows on 18/09/18, 10:08 am

Game of the week?  Allegiance vs. Legends

BoKnows
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 103
Join date : 2018-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by DoubleDown on 18/09/18, 10:36 am

Definitely ultimate clash of styles. Although allegiance is a board favorite, I think Legends wins on athleticism.

DoubleDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 35
Points : 179
Join date : 2018-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by SoccerToneloc on 18/09/18, 12:49 pm

Agree DoubleDown. Slight edge to Legends. The other game of the weekend Sunday. Rebels vs Solar McKinney. Out of these 2 sets of games will likely be the winner of the league.

SoccerToneloc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 20
Points : 149
Join date : 2018-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by Dwight on 18/09/18, 03:05 pm

I think Allegiance beats them. 3-1. Allegiance has a pretty athletic team, a lot of people don't realize that because they play so much possession.
avatar
Dwight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 18
Points : 186
Join date : 2018-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by BoKnows on 18/09/18, 03:55 pm

Dwight wrote:I think Allegiance beats them. 3-1.  Allegiance has a pretty athletic team, a lot of people don't realize that because they play so much possession.

I agree. If Allegiance keeps mistakes to a minimum, they win. If not, Legends is gonna be pretty hard to catch on a break-away.

BoKnows
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 103
Join date : 2018-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by dragonstryker on 18/09/18, 04:11 pm

Legends will pack it in and try to defend and counter. If they get caught chasing the ball even a little bit, Allegiance wears them down and wins easily. If Legends is patient on defense, doesn’t allow easy shots, and counters aggressively when given the opportunity, they’ll have a solid chance.

I’d put my money in Allegiance running Legends all over the field and putting 3 goals in on them in the last 10-15 minutes.

dragonstryker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 24
Points : 2301
Join date : 2012-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by 07 boys soccer on 18/09/18, 05:59 pm

I disagree, when we play Allegiance and win we do it by putting high pressure early, getting some goals on mistakes as they pass out of the back early.

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 16
Points : 143
Join date : 2018-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by BoKnows on 19/09/18, 10:34 am

07 boys soccer wrote:I disagree, when we play Allegiance and win we do it by putting high pressure early, getting some goals on mistakes as they pass out of the back early.  

Either way, it looks like more stupid rain in the forecast so all the games maybe delayed this weekend.

BoKnows
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 103
Join date : 2018-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by TexanDad37 on 21/09/18, 09:03 pm

Well the rain has come...

TexanDad37
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 99
Join date : 2018-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by Zizou on 21/09/18, 09:28 pm

Sleep in! Shit is cancelled!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2333
Points : 4235
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 1 in D1

Post by TexanDad37 on 22/09/18, 09:09 am

I am jealous of those sleeping in. We’re scrimmaging at Inwood.

TexanDad37
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 99
Join date : 2018-07-23

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum