Latest topics
Looking for futsal keeper for spring leagueToday at 10:26 amSoccer'02
Dallas Texans 09G MochelToday at 10:16 amTexansMochel
RENEGADES 2010G OPEN TRAININGSToday at 10:14 amRenegades Soccer Club
RENEGADES 2009G OPEN TRAINING SESSIONSToday at 09:35 amRenegades Soccer Club
Renegades 11G Blanton - Open PracticesToday at 09:26 amtareyncarol
Renegades 10G - Blanton Open Practices Today at 09:26 amtareyncarol
Renegades 09G' Blanton - Open Practices Today at 09:25 amtareyncarol
Interesting day at LHGCL....Today at 08:59 amNoSpinZone
U14 Frontier DivisionToday at 08:59 amYoQuieroSoccer
D1 and playing in collegeToday at 08:30 am5050Ball
03 Classic League D1Today at 07:59 amJavaguy
Help with navigating the soccer landscapeYesterday at 11:21 pmsbarton12
Relegated to D2 and D3Yesterday at 10:59 pmyouthsoccertroll
Looking for players Yesterday at 09:14 pmjgarcia303030
Dallas International Girls Cup-STAY HOME-FAKE TOURNEYYesterday at 08:55 pmAngelinaGoalee
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSYesterday at 08:30 pmFATHER2ASUN
KarmaYesterday at 05:03 pmDeltaTauChi
Liverpool 2011G need players Yesterday at 11:06 amSoccerMom78!
Chelsea East 04B available for scrimmages Yesterday at 08:42 amGameday 04 New
Lake Highlands schedulesYesterday at 08:34 amBENDMEOVER
When did this happen? LFC now DFeeters Black23/03/19, 05:15 pmlewi9
Tareyn Blanton chooses Renegades Soccer Club to call home!23/03/19, 01:26 pmsbarton12
Tareyn Blanton chooses Renegades SC to call home 23/03/19, 01:21 pmsbarton12
Open Practices in March for Solar Angelone/Colvin 23/03/19, 07:34 amSoccer_#1Fan
Lightning Cup 22/03/19, 03:07 pmWTX07Dad
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12968 registered users
The newest registered user is ntxsoccerknocker

Our users have posted a total of 186160 messages in 24934 subjects

Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Go down

Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by Soccertalk on 02/09/18, 06:14 pm

New to this club and team so had some questions...

Does your "Team Manager" run training sessions with the coach or coach games more than the coach? I thought team managers just "manage" not run the team.

Hopefully I didn't didn't spend this much money on someone that has NO Coaching experience or knowledge on what an actual coach should do.

Soccertalk
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 211
Join date : 2018-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by MurderWasTheCase on 02/09/18, 08:25 pm

Nothing wrong with more than one person helping out Suspect

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 506
Join date : 2018-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by Soccertalk on 02/09/18, 09:15 pm

I agree if someone needs to help out, but if the coach is present, then the actual coach needs to do what he is getting paid for.

Soccertalk
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 211
Join date : 2018-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by MurderWasTheCase on 02/09/18, 09:51 pm

Soccertalk wrote:I agree if someone needs to help out, but if the coach is present, then the actual coach needs to do what he is getting paid for.

Maybe he just had a long day, assuming multiple teams in PLD tournament. But in general yes, coach is the lead and manager should not be coaching or subbing in for games.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 506
Join date : 2018-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by Soccertalk on 03/09/18, 10:34 am

MurderWasTheCase wrote:
Soccertalk wrote:I agree if someone needs to help out, but if the coach is present, then the actual coach needs to do what he is getting paid for.

Maybe he just had a long day, assuming multiple teams in PLD tournament.  But in general yes, coach is the lead and manager should not be coaching or subbing in for games.  


Yes.. If coach is present then he should do his job, and manager on the parents side!

Soccertalk
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 211
Join date : 2018-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by KeepersBeCrazy on 03/09/18, 10:51 am

Weird situation. I view the manager as more of an administrative assistant. Duties as assigned, but really on an as needed basis. Should not be doing coaching unless absolutely necessary.

KeepersBeCrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 20
Points : 248
Join date : 2018-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by MurderWasTheCase on 03/09/18, 11:45 am

Soccertalk wrote:
MurderWasTheCase wrote:
Soccertalk wrote:I agree if someone needs to help out, but if the coach is present, then the actual coach needs to do what he is getting paid for.

Maybe he just had a long day, assuming multiple teams in PLD tournament.  But in general yes, coach is the lead and manager should not be coaching or subbing in for games.  


Yes.. If coach is present then he should do his job, and manager on the parents side!

Post the coach name so we know who to avoid next season cheers

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 506
Join date : 2018-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by DoubleDown on 03/09/18, 04:09 pm

Oir boys are old enough to warm themselves up, but our manager’s husband will make sure they are organized if the coach can’t make it until closer to game time( very rare) He is our assistant manager on the roster. If it’s a league game, coach is pretty much always there unless his older team is in a big showcase. If so, then another coach would be scheduled to cover in advance.

We would never play a game without our coach or another club coach present unless it was a major emergency.

No parent from our team would ever run a training session.

DoubleDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 41
Points : 339
Join date : 2018-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by Soccertalk on 03/09/18, 05:59 pm

DoubleDown wrote:Oir boys are old enough to warm themselves up, but our manager’s husband will make sure they are organized if the coach can’t make it until closer to game time( very rare) He is our assistant manager on the roster. If it’s a league game, coach is pretty much always there unless his older team is in a big showcase. If so, then another coach would be scheduled to cover in advance.

We would never play a game without our coach or another club coach present unless it was a major emergency.

No parent from our team would ever run a training session.

Thanks DoubleDown for the clarification, I thought maybe something had changed this is very odd coming from a Solar Team. Thought the Coach I hired had more sense, and not let a manager do his job.

"Drop the Mic"

Soccertalk
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 211
Join date : 2018-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by Soccermom0508 on 04/09/18, 11:11 am

Seems odd that the coach would just let the manager run practices for him. Is this a regular occurrence? If so, I would absolutely talk to the coach about it (maybe in a group of parents, I'm sure others are annoyed too). I'd have an issue with paying $3,000 and having a random dad coach my kid. I did notice one Solar 05 dad who was coaching more than the coach was during the Labor Day Tournament and thought it was weird and thought there's a manager who doesn't know his place!

Soccermom0508
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 209
Join date : 2018-09-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by rocketpop on 04/09/18, 12:38 pm

As a manager I get the boys organized and make sure they know its time to start warming up before games. It helps out the coach when he as multiple teams. I also sit on the team side during the games to assist the coach with anything he may need. Such as virtual ID cards, roster check in, get a trainer, relay a message to a parent, make sure tent is setup, 2nd pair of eyes, etc.

However I have never been ask to run a full practice or coach a game.


rocketpop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Points : 325
Join date : 2018-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by BENDMEOVER on 11/09/18, 09:58 am

The sole purpose of a manager is no different than the servants passing out the offering plate on Sundays except its required versus a decision to tithe your 10 percent. Looks like soccer is at risk once again maybe the pews will be filled this Sunday.

__________________________________________________
https://youtu.be/tr4O3dJcWm0
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 309
Points : 650
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by txsoccerloco on 11/09/18, 12:37 pm

SoccerSuckers wrote:The sole purpose of a manager is no different than the servants passing out the offering plate on Sundays except its required versus a decision to tithe your 10 percent. Looks like soccer is at risk once again maybe the pews will be filled this Sunday.

Thanks for the input Sho-nuff, Medicine Man, Robert, et al.....

Your posts are as useful as always.

txsoccerloco
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 20
Points : 359
Join date : 2018-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by BENDMEOVER on 11/09/18, 12:48 pm

I have a special sermon just for you loco this Sunday

__________________________________________________
https://youtu.be/tr4O3dJcWm0
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 309
Points : 650
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by txsoccerloco on 11/09/18, 02:39 pm

SoccerSuckers wrote:I have a special sermon just for you loco this Sunday

Thanks Robert, look forward to it.

txsoccerloco
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 20
Points : 359
Join date : 2018-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by BENDMEOVER on 11/09/18, 03:30 pm

Theres always room for one more loco. Hes knocking at the door will you let him in.

__________________________________________________
https://youtu.be/tr4O3dJcWm0
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 309
Points : 650
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by Soccertalk on 12/09/18, 09:38 am

Soccermom0508 wrote:Seems odd that the coach would just let the manager run practices for him. Is this a regular occurrence? If so, I would absolutely talk to the coach about it (maybe in a group of parents, I'm sure others are annoyed too). I'd have an issue with paying $3,000 and having a random dad coach my kid. I did notice one Solar 05 dad who was coaching more than the coach was during the Labor Day Tournament and thought it was weird and thought there's a manager who doesn't know his place!

Guess he is making sure his kid get's 98% playing time by being involved LOL!

Shouldn't the playing time be earned?

Soccertalk
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 211
Join date : 2018-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by gsterbenz on 18/09/18, 05:01 pm

My take on this:

Was 6 year manager until this year. Happy to be free to watch my son play until he graduates but do miss some of the involvement. Coaching and training? , NOPE that was up to the coach, assistant or other club coach. Did I help occasionally in 6 years. Yes but probably on one hand the amount of times. Mainly during a game due to a red card or coach was not present at start or end of game. Parents complaining about playing time or other "soccer" related issue that was directed to the coach.

gsterbenz
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 1
Points : 189
Join date : 2018-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Team Manager Duties Changed?

Post by jdavid07 on 23/11/18, 10:29 am

our manager is great. overworked and underpaid

jdavid07
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 125
Join date : 2018-11-23

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum