Latest topics
Early Christmas for PowerKick?Today at 10:40 pmNoSpinZone
Dallas Rush 10G Elite Today at 07:23 pmApodaca64
05 Girl Looking to Guest Play - Have Coach's BlessingToday at 02:59 pmSoccerDad75070
Christmas special on keeper glovesToday at 10:31 amunitedgoalkeepingusa
Christmas special on keeper glovesToday at 10:30 amunitedgoalkeepingusa
Solar 09G - Austin (Open Practices)Today at 08:51 amGloryDays
Game of the WeekToday at 06:23 amBENDMEOVER
U12 DA cost?Today at 05:52 amBENDMEOVER
2011 7v7 FriendliesYesterday at 11:04 pmSolar11G Wheatley
New Solar 10G TeamYesterday at 10:41 pmFMSolar
Brand New Cleats- Nike kangaroo leatherYesterday at 09:45 pmkateybug000
Rachel Holden Back from Sweden and Wanting 10's!Yesterday at 08:32 pmNTX Celtic FC
HPSA Scots - 07 Girls Spots Available Yesterday at 08:07 pmForReal
03 Classic League D1Yesterday at 07:59 pmdavito
NTX Santos Open TrainingYesterday at 06:36 pmNTX_Santos
06 Boys Sports Available - Futsal & Spring SeasonYesterday at 05:14 pmCoach Juan
06 Boys Sports Available Yesterday at 05:06 pmCoach Juan
9v9 AND 7v7 OPTION FOR U10 AGE GROUP - TEXAS WINTER CLASSICYesterday at 03:52 pmmusaisaya
2016 GERMANY EXPENSE PAID TRIP ITINERARY - REGISTER NOWYesterday at 03:49 pmmusaisaya
Looking to add 2 PlayersYesterday at 12:25 pmFeet06
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSYesterday at 11:17 am1a2b3c
NTX Santos - 2010BYesterday at 11:01 amNTX_Santos
FC Dallas West - Looking for 12s and 13s for Spring Yesterday at 10:52 amacademysoccerkeller
Solar 11 Weigelt Looking for Players Yesterday at 10:13 amSolar11/12girls
Friendly 12/15 or 12/16Yesterday at 09:50 amskills
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12769 registered users
The newest registered user is Vanwist

Our users have posted a total of 184101 messages in 24523 subjects

Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Go down

Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Post by rs3 on 18/09/18, 04:23 pm

Depending on what happens with my work it's possible for my family to be moving to Texas (DFW more Grand Prarie located). If this happens will be looking for a club with. Most likely a club with DA and or ECNL. Currently plays in Cal south. Can anybody give me some info on positives, negatives, locations and prices of these clubs? I've done some research and know some of the club's names but looking for more info.

rs3
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 132
Join date : 2018-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Post by Zizou on 18/09/18, 06:42 pm

I would have your Cal South Girls DOC call these clubs To help you with your search process.

He will probably even know who to speak with.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2360
Points : 4323
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Post by MurderWasTheCase on 18/09/18, 08:25 pm

You will notice the level of play doesn't compare to Cal South so be prepare to be disappointed.

Hope you're a Republican Very Happy


MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 155
Points : 388
Join date : 2018-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Post by BENDMEOVER on 18/09/18, 08:27 pm

Zizou did your kid already quit college she should have hit the books now she sitting at home flipping burgers at MCDs. When you going to teach your kids what's important.

__________________________________________________
Watch "Scrooge - Thank You Very Much" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/Dkq7WZTzkLQ
avatar
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 242
Points : 477
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 18/09/18, 10:48 pm

MurderWasTheCase wrote:You will notice the level of play doesn't compare to Cal South so be prepare to be disappointed.  





#MAGA
avatar
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 75
Points : 1177
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Post by BENDMEOVER on 19/09/18, 06:08 am

Zizou you got to lay off those cheeseburgers all those extra made at MCDs will put the pounds on you.

by Zizou on 27/7/2018, 1:50 pm

Man, I’m on my way out. My DD and I have done our time. We are onto the next level. Good Luck! Plus negotiating with UIL or even the individual school boards is like talking to a brick wall. Plus my taxes are already the highest in the area. Hopefully they are using this money to increase technology use for student education rather than increaseing numbers playing soccer.


__________________________________________________
Watch "Scrooge - Thank You Very Much" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/Dkq7WZTzkLQ
avatar
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 242
Points : 477
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Post by Big Ern on 19/09/18, 08:42 am

Checkpoint Charlie wrote:
MurderWasTheCase wrote:You will notice the level of play doesn't compare to Cal South so be prepare to be disappointed.  





#MAGA

Effing hilarium ... Thanks Chuck!

Laughing

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 983
Points : 2583
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Post by Big Ern on 19/09/18, 08:54 am

rs3 wrote:Depending on what happens with my work it's possible for my family to be moving to Texas (DFW more Grand Prarie located). If this happens will be looking for a club with. Most likely a club with DA and or ECNL. Currently plays in Cal south. Can anybody give me some info on positives, negatives, locations and prices of these clubs? I've done some research and know some of the club's names but looking for more info.

Welcome rs3!

I agree with Zou's advice.
 
There are positives/negatives at each ECNL/DA club in NTX and dues between the 5 are negligible.  If you have more specific questions regarding a specific club/coaches/culture, you'd be more apt to get more constructive feedback.

SoCal to NTX is already a massive culture shock ... while it's fine to work there, living in Grand Prarie might make the move even more shocking for you and yours.

In general, the majority of training at the most competitive clubs you're inquiring about takes place on the north side of the Metroplex.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 983
Points : 2583
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Post by BENDMEOVER on 19/09/18, 12:48 pm

The only advice Zizzzz has these days is what's on the menu at MCDs.

__________________________________________________
Watch "Scrooge - Thank You Very Much" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/Dkq7WZTzkLQ
avatar
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 242
Points : 477
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Post by DeltaTauChi on 19/09/18, 01:06 pm

Big Ern wrote:
rs3 wrote:Depending on what happens with my work it's possible for my family to be moving to Texas (DFW more Grand Prarie located). If this happens will be looking for a club with. Most likely a club with DA and or ECNL. Currently plays in Cal south. Can anybody give me some info on positives, negatives, locations and prices of these clubs? I've done some research and know some of the club's names but looking for more info.

Welcome rs3!

I agree with Zou's advice.
 
There are positives/negatives at each ECNL/DA club in NTX and dues between the 5 are negligible.  If you have more specific questions regarding a specific club/coaches/culture, you'd be more apt to get more constructive feedback.

SoCal to NTX is already a massive culture shock ... while it's fine to work there, living in Grand Prarie might make the move even more shocking for you and yours.

In general, the majority of training at the most competitive clubs you're inquiring about takes place on the north side of the Metroplex.

Can't believe I'm saying this  affraid  , but BigE and Ziz are giving good advice about having your DOC contact the DOC's here.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, the current lay of the land in NTX is as follows:

GDA - FC Dallas, Solar, Texans
ECNL - FC Dallas, Solar, Sting, D'Feeters/Kicks (DKSC)

FC Dallas and Solar currently have their #1 teams in each age group in GDA, #2 Teams in each age group in ECNL.

From a geographic standpoint, if you are going to be in the Grand Prairie area, FC Dallas (Frisco) would be pretty painful (unless SoCal traffic has already numbed you to 1+ hour commute to soccer practices  Wink ).  Sting (Richardson) will be a bit of a beatdown as well.  Texans (Farmers Branch), DKSC (Farmers Branch), and Solar (North Dallas) would provide you with the closest options, and depending on the exact team at DKSC or Solar, you could have some or all of your practices closer to Grand Prairie at MoneyGram Park for DKSC or Arlington for Solar.

All of the clubs have pros & cons, and a lot of it comes down to your specific family situation, and is your DD/family a good mesh with a specific coach/team.  Good luck with your search!  At least you're moving to an area where you have several options to chose from.

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
avatar
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 305
Points : 657
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Post by BENDMEOVER on 19/09/18, 02:54 pm

I need a double quarter pounder w extra cheese bigger fries and extra large coke please.

__________________________________________________
Watch "Scrooge - Thank You Very Much" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/Dkq7WZTzkLQ
avatar
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 242
Points : 477
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Post by rs3 on 19/09/18, 02:55 pm

Thank you for the Advice. If it becomes more of a reality then I'll ask my DOC to reach out to Texas. I don't know Texas well enough but it seems as though Mansfield is where we would be looking. Not sure if that changes much of the distance from these places. However, we do commute 50 mins each way to practice currently and I'd obviously look for any carpooling opportunities if we do need to make sure she's in the best fit.

To be honest I still don't know if I want here to play ECNL or DA (if she's even good enough at HS to make that choice), because I would like her to have an opportunity to enjoy HS sports but who knows what the soccer landscape will look like in 2 years (always changing).

rs3
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 132
Join date : 2018-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Post by DeltaTauChi on 19/09/18, 03:38 pm

rs3 wrote:Thank you for the Advice. If it becomes more of a reality then I'll ask my DOC to reach out to Texas. I don't know Texas well enough but it seems as though Mansfield is where we would be looking. Not sure if that changes much of the distance from these places. However, we do commute 50 mins each way to practice currently and I'd obviously look for any carpooling opportunities if we do need to make sure she's in the best fit.

To be honest I still don't know if I want here to play ECNL or DA (if she's even good enough at HS to make that choice), because I would like her to have an opportunity to enjoy HS sports but who knows what the soccer landscape will look like in 2 years (always changing).

There are also plenty of other non-ECNL/non-DA competitive club options in the Mansfield/Arlington area, as well as satellite divisions of the ECNL/DA clubs mentioned earlier. It's just that the actual ECNL/DA teams will usually practice out of the club's main locations that were listed earlier. A common misconception is that you need to be part of an ECNL/DA club at the younger years, to make the ECNL/DA squads in the older years. Total BS. If your kid can play, she'll get a spot.

GDA doesn't outright prevent kids from playing in HS here, but they don't make it very easy, so most kids in GDA aren't playing HS here. On the other hand ECNL and HS have figured out how to play nice with one another here. ECNL league play pretty much takes a break from January-April for HS season with the exception of a couple of showcase weekends that the HS's generally schedule around. Many ECNL players also play HS in NTX.

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
avatar
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 305
Points : 657
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Post by rs3 on 19/09/18, 05:15 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
rs3 wrote:Thank you for the Advice. If it becomes more of a reality then I'll ask my DOC to reach out to Texas. I don't know Texas well enough but it seems as though Mansfield is where we would be looking. Not sure if that changes much of the distance from these places. However, we do commute 50 mins each way to practice currently and I'd obviously look for any carpooling opportunities if we do need to make sure she's in the best fit.

To be honest I still don't know if I want here to play ECNL or DA (if she's even good enough at HS to make that choice), because I would like her to have an opportunity to enjoy HS sports but who knows what the soccer landscape will look like in 2 years (always changing).

There are also plenty of other non-ECNL/non-DA competitive club options in the Mansfield/Arlington area, as well as satellite divisions of the ECNL/DA clubs mentioned earlier.  It's just that the actual ECNL/DA teams will usually practice out of the club's main locations that were listed earlier.  A common misconception is that you need to be part of an ECNL/DA club at the younger years, to make the ECNL/DA squads in the older years.  Total BS.  If your kid can play, she'll get a spot.

GDA doesn't outright prevent kids from playing in HS here, but they don't make it very easy, so most kids in GDA aren't playing HS here.  On the other hand ECNL and HS have figured out how to play nice with one another here.  ECNL league play pretty much takes a break from January-April for HS season with the exception of a couple of showcase weekends that the HS's generally schedule around.  Many ECNL players also play HS in NTX.

Thanks, that's all good to know. I know girls in Cali can't play, and many can't play other sports such as Volleyball or track because of the demanding schedule. I would like my daughter who loves to run, to have the opportunity to run or play other sports in HS if she wants too.

Regardless, thank you for all the info. My daughter doesn't need to be GDA or ECNL but so far her ability has gotten her to those levels and if she wants to continue to play at that level I'll suck it up and help her.

rs3
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 132
Join date : 2018-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible DA girl moving to Texas

Post by 06Southgirl on 21/09/18, 01:05 pm

rs3 wrote:Thank you for the Advice. If it becomes more of a reality then I'll ask my DOC to reach out to Texas. I don't know Texas well enough but it seems as though Mansfield is where we would be looking. Not sure if that changes much of the distance from these places. However, we do commute 50 mins each way to practice currently and I'd obviously look for any carpooling opportunities if we do need to make sure she's in the best fit.

To be honest I still don't know if I want here to play ECNL or DA (if she's even good enough at HS to make that choice), because I would like her to have an opportunity to enjoy HS sports but who knows what the soccer landscape will look like in 2 years (always changing).

I sent you a PM.
avatar
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 437
Points : 2177
Join date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum