Latest topics
Looking for Solar Academy KitYesterday at 09:19 pmDoubleDown
Game of the WeekYesterday at 07:03 pmBENDMEOVER
NPL '01G - Looking for PlayersYesterday at 06:50 pmNTX Celtic FC
'09G Players Needed: Lantana, Flower Mound, Corinth & DentonYesterday at 06:40 pmNTX Celtic FC
'08G Players Needed: Lantana, Flower Mound, Corinth & DentonYesterday at 06:38 pmNTX Celtic FC
05 Girl Looking to Guest Play - Have Coach's BlessingYesterday at 04:16 pmNoSpinZone
NTX Santos - 2010BYesterday at 03:46 pmEhlodog
NTX Santos Open TrainingYesterday at 03:46 pmEhlodog
Solar East 11G Looking Yesterday at 03:09 pmSolar11G Wheatley
03 Classic League D1Yesterday at 11:24 amJavaguy
is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys?Yesterday at 09:51 amBENDMEOVER
Renegades Soccer Club 10GYesterday at 08:34 amRenegades Soccer Club
New Solar 10G TeamYesterday at 08:30 amFMSolar
Top Sting 2010 Team leaves??? wha???Yesterday at 07:23 amTxSoCcErFaNrOcKOn
09 Girls Teams - Hill Country Classic (Jan. 25-27, 2019)13/12/18, 04:00 pmbigballer07
PIT - TRAINING ACADEMY13/12/18, 03:56 pmPITSoccer
PIT - FRISCO WINTER CAMP13/12/18, 03:53 pmPITSoccer
NTX Celtic 11G Elite- looking for a few more players13/12/18, 02:08 pmCelticSoccer
2016 GERMANY EXPENSE PAID TRIP ITINERARY - REGISTER NOW13/12/18, 01:59 pmmusaisaya
9v9 AND 7v7 OPTION FOR U10 AGE GROUP - TEXAS WINTER CLASSIC13/12/18, 01:58 pmmusaisaya
08 boys friendly tournament Fathers Day weekend 06/15-6/1613/12/18, 01:57 pmtornadoes
08 friendly tournament fathers day weekend13/12/18, 01:56 pmtornadoes
PIT WINTER 2 - INDOOR LEAGUE13/12/18, 01:47 pmPITSoccer
Frisco Flyers FUTSAL LEAGUE is OPEN for REGISTRATION!!13/12/18, 01:37 pmfutsalfriscoflyers
U12 DA announcement13/12/18, 12:23 pmBENDMEOVER

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12774 registered users
The newest registered user is s_speas

Our users have posted a total of 184201 messages in 24558 subjects

Local Girls On US U-17 Women's World Cup Roster

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Local Girls On US U-17 Women's World Cup Roster

Post by Full Kit Wankers Beware on 23/10/18, 10:07 am

Props to the three local girls (1 Defender, 2 Forwards) who will be playing for the US U-17's in Uruguay in a few weeks.  Are we actually doing something better locally or is it just chance that the players are from the area?  Congrats ladies!!

Last edited by Full Kit Wankers Beware on 23/10/18, 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Full Kit Wankers Beware
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Girls On US U-17 Women's World Cup Roster

Post by Zizou on 23/10/18, 10:15 am

Not chance, those players are very good and have been developed through an increasingly up and coming women’s program on the national level for the past 5 years.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Kit Wankers Beware on 23/10/18, 10:20 am

Zizou wrote:Not chance, those players are very good and have been developed through an increasingly up and coming women’s program on the national level for the past 5 years.

Your statement seems to support the chance argument?  Have we done anything better or different locally to get them there?
Full Kit Wankers Beware
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 23/10/18, 10:51 am

I can tell you these young ladies are not on this team by chance.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Kit Wankers Beware on 23/10/18, 11:23 am

Zizou wrote:I can tell you these young ladies are not on this team by chance.

Definitely not questioning the ladies.

The question is not if they are on the team by chance but if they are from north Texas by chance.  Did north Texas soccer do something differently to help get them to where they are?  Maybe they are just that talented and would be there no matter where in the US they lived during their youth soccer development.

The short simpler version of the question...Is the development of players in North Texas improving?
Full Kit Wankers Beware
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 23/10/18, 02:04 pm

Yes, their are pockets of coaching groups that have made major advancements. Those coaching groups along with a consolidation of talent are making a difference. The talent has always been here in NTX. My opinion your seing the talent consolidate into these coaching groups that is making a difference. I would adventure into who they are but that would just be my opinion and would definitely create a pisssing match.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER on 23/10/18, 02:46 pm

Zizou I think the real question is given our share of the soccer market dont you think we should have a larger share of the players on these teams? I dont think its necessarily development but are we capturing the talent properly and positioning them to succeed.

BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Kit Wankers Beware on 23/10/18, 03:37 pm

SoccerSuckers wrote:Zizou I think the real question is given our share of the soccer market dont you think we should have a larger share of the players on these teams? I dont think its necessarily development but are we capturing the talent properly and positioning them to succeed.

This is north Texas the first thing we worry about is capturing their money then we worry about talent...

Joking aside, I would say 3 of 21 is not too bad?  Certainly improving.
Full Kit Wankers Beware
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER on 23/10/18, 04:23 pm

When you peel the onion and get to that tasty core you start uncovering the real facts.

BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 23/10/18, 04:27 pm

Full Kit Wankers Beware wrote:
SoccerSuckers wrote:Zizou I think the real question is given our share of the soccer market dont you think we should have a larger share of the players on these teams? I dont think its necessarily development but are we capturing the talent properly and positioning them to succeed.

This is north Texas the first thing we worry about is capturing their money then we worry about talent...

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket on 23/10/18, 05:41 pm

And isn't one of the younger ones actually on the U18 team? So, there easily could have been 4 on the team.

earbucket
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD on 24/10/18, 07:00 am

That isn't too far from the truth. The difference now is these kids are being seen more by US Soccer thanks to payers (parents) putting them in front of US scouts. Brilliant, devious scheme if you ask me. (4:00 mark)

Last edited by 05DD on 24/10/18, 08:05 am; edited 1 time in total
05DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER on 24/10/18, 08:03 am

Oh ok I'm convinced now. Keep selling the ideo after awhile it becomes real.

BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TrustTheProcess on 24/10/18, 08:33 am

05DD wrote:

That isn't too far from the truth. The difference now is these kids are being seen more by US Soccer thanks to payers (parents) putting them in front of US scouts. Brilliant, devious scheme if you ask me. (4:00 mark)
Just asking...but how do you “put” them in front of US scouts? How much does that run a parent? Asking for a friend.

Maybe there’s something on Groupon....

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 on 24/10/18, 01:27 pm

[quote="earbucket"]And isn't one of the younger ones actually on the U18 team? So, there easily could have been 4 on the team.[/quote]

Not exactly. She wasn't called into the U17 camp to ultimately select the team.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 24/10/18, 02:56 pm

05DD wrote:

I was able to purchase a US scout for free skills. Lol,

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER on 24/10/18, 03:42 pm

I believe. I hear the bells.

BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by earbucket on 24/10/18, 04:14 pm

yellowcard5 wrote:
earbucket wrote:And isn't one of the younger ones actually on the U18 team? So, there easily could have been 4 on the team.

Not exactly.  She wasn't called into the U17 camp to ultimately select the team.

Ok, but she's listed on the U18 National Team roster and in my opinion would have made the U17 team if invited.

earbucket
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 24/10/18, 04:46 pm

Fools,

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 on 24/10/18, 07:20 pm

[quote="earbucket"][quote="yellowcard5"][quote="earbucket"]And isn't one of the younger ones actually on the U18 team? So, there easily could have been 4 on the team.[/quote]

Not exactly.  She wasn't called into the U17 camp to ultimately select the team.
[/quote]

Ok, but she's listed on the U18 National Team roster and in my opinion would have made the U17 team if invited. [/quote]

Think about what you just said. The girl in question is a great player but is behind at least 2 or 3 players at her position in this team.  This is a World Cup, the best age eligible players are selected.

Nothing to be ashamed about, by the way. She’s two years younger than most of the selected girls.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern on 24/10/18, 10:22 pm

TrustTheProcess wrote:
05DD wrote:

Just asking...but how do you “put” them in front of US scouts? How much does that run a parent? Asking for a friend.

About half as much as most of the others ; )

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh on 25/10/18, 12:14 am

Zizou wrote:Yes, their are pockets of coaching groups that have made major advancements. Those coaching groups along with a consolidation of talent are making a difference. The talent has always been here in NTX. My opinion your seing the talent consolidate into these coaching groups that is making a difference. I would adventure into who they are but that would just be my opinion and would definitely create a pisssing match.

Rather than state an opinion about who are the coaches making a difference, how about simple facts for who was training these girls from, say, U11 through U15 (the most formulaic years, imo)?
That wouldn't start a pissing match. Anybody know who has trained then the past 5 years or so? Those coaches deserve some recognition in helping along the way, I would think.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 25/10/18, 06:06 am

Agree,

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER on 25/10/18, 06:28 am

The lack of representation on all these top teams over the years really shows how bad it is.

BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD on 25/10/18, 06:55 am

Big Ern wrote:
TrustTheProcess wrote:
05DD wrote:

About half as much as most of the others ; )
But only if you're able to ride the bus. Otherwise, you're going to need the Groupon. Wink
05DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum