Latest topics
Looking for Solar Academy KitYesterday at 09:19 pmDoubleDown
Game of the WeekYesterday at 07:03 pmBENDMEOVER
NPL '01G - Looking for PlayersYesterday at 06:50 pmNTX Celtic FC
'09G Players Needed: Lantana, Flower Mound, Corinth & DentonYesterday at 06:40 pmNTX Celtic FC
'08G Players Needed: Lantana, Flower Mound, Corinth & DentonYesterday at 06:38 pmNTX Celtic FC
05 Girl Looking to Guest Play - Have Coach's BlessingYesterday at 04:16 pmNoSpinZone
NTX Santos - 2010BYesterday at 03:46 pmEhlodog
NTX Santos Open TrainingYesterday at 03:46 pmEhlodog
Solar East 11G Looking Yesterday at 03:09 pmSolar11G Wheatley
03 Classic League D1Yesterday at 11:24 amJavaguy
is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys?Yesterday at 09:51 amBENDMEOVER
Renegades Soccer Club 10GYesterday at 08:34 amRenegades Soccer Club
New Solar 10G TeamYesterday at 08:30 amFMSolar
Top Sting 2010 Team leaves??? wha???Yesterday at 07:23 amTxSoCcErFaNrOcKOn
09 Girls Teams - Hill Country Classic (Jan. 25-27, 2019)13/12/18, 04:00 pmbigballer07
PIT - TRAINING ACADEMY13/12/18, 03:56 pmPITSoccer
PIT - FRISCO WINTER CAMP13/12/18, 03:53 pmPITSoccer
NTX Celtic 11G Elite- looking for a few more players13/12/18, 02:08 pmCelticSoccer
2016 GERMANY EXPENSE PAID TRIP ITINERARY - REGISTER NOW13/12/18, 01:59 pmmusaisaya
9v9 AND 7v7 OPTION FOR U10 AGE GROUP - TEXAS WINTER CLASSIC13/12/18, 01:58 pmmusaisaya
08 boys friendly tournament Fathers Day weekend 06/15-6/1613/12/18, 01:57 pmtornadoes
08 friendly tournament fathers day weekend13/12/18, 01:56 pmtornadoes
PIT WINTER 2 - INDOOR LEAGUE13/12/18, 01:47 pmPITSoccer
Frisco Flyers FUTSAL LEAGUE is OPEN for REGISTRATION!!13/12/18, 01:37 pmfutsalfriscoflyers
U12 DA announcement13/12/18, 12:23 pmBENDMEOVER
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12774 registered users
The newest registered user is s_speas

Our users have posted a total of 184201 messages in 24558 subjects

Tournament upset alert

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Tournament upset alert

Post by Foxysoccermom on 28/11/18, 07:05 pm

Sounds like bige played a major role in getting this team to where it's at today. Foxy must say good work bige!

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 617
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament upset alert

Post by NoSpinZone on 28/11/18, 08:29 pm

Big Ern wrote:
I've known this Coach, Manager, and many o I'll reiterate (and canaryman can testify) what some of the smart people here have already mentioned ...

You're wise-ing up there Ego...

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 350
Points : 2207
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament upset alert

Post by Holly Hunter on 29/11/18, 06:47 am

Wait, wait, wait - are you seriously saying a player can get all the development they need with SRFC, stay clear of the drama and get to play other sports for the bargain basement price of somewhere around $1500? This unicorn does not exist in NTX soccer does it? I'm thinking some of the "other" clubs could take a page out of SRFC's book cause it sounds like they're on to something here.
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 192
Points : 1719
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament upset alert

Post by BENDMEOVER on 29/11/18, 07:05 am

Ho Ho Ho I like cookies and milk.

__________________________________________________
Watch "USA FOR AFRICA - We Are The World - Reduto Musical" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/Zi0RpNSELas
avatar
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 246
Points : 484
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament upset alert

Post by shoesnsocks on 29/11/18, 08:18 am

Great Group of Girls,Awesome Coach,Supporting Parents Equals success which is well deserved. They could challenge any D1 team. Would like to see
them in the international Cup. If they upset some of the Big ECNL or D1 teams there that would lead to an interesting conversation.

shoesnsocks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Points : 2328
Join date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament upset alert

Post by Big Ern on 29/11/18, 08:49 am

Holly Hunter wrote:Wait, wait, wait - are you seriously saying a player can get all the development they need with SRFC, stay clear of the drama and get to play other sports for the bargain basement price of somewhere around $1500?  This unicorn does not exist in NTX soccer does it?  I'm thinking some of the "other" clubs could take a page out of SRFC's book cause it sounds like they're on to something here.

Depends on the kid.

The Shamrocks aren't a club -- They're a single team that are coached by a dad that brought em through rec way back when.  No dues at all last I heard. They've been kicking for a long time ... U16 now and have been around since at least U9 (when I first ran into em).

Considering that all of this banter was spurred on by Foxer prognosticating that a team that hasn't lost a game all year, would beat a team that had won just 2 of it's first 6 matches this year, it's a touch funny isn't it?

Smile


Last edited by Big Ern on 29/11/18, 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar police)

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 983
Points : 2586
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament upset alert

Post by DeltaTauChi on 29/11/18, 09:41 am

Big Ern wrote:
Holly Hunter wrote:Wait, wait, wait - are you seriously saying a player can get all the development they need with SRFC, stay clear of the drama and get to play other sports for the bargain basement price of somewhere around $1500?  This unicorn does not exist in NTX soccer does it?  I'm thinking some of the "other" clubs could take a page out of SRFC's book cause it sounds like they're on to something here.

Depends on the kid.

The Shamrocks aren't a club -- They're a single team that are coached by a dad that brought em through rec way back when.  No dues at all last I heard. They've been kicking for a long time ... U16 now and have been around since at least U9 (when I first ran into em).

Considering that all of this banter was spurred on by Foxer prognosticating that a team that hasn't lost a game all year, would beat a team that had won just 2 of it's first 6 matches this year, is touch funny isn't it?

Smile

Big E is absolutely right here. It depends on the kid. If the kid's goal is to play a game they love at a competitive level, play for their HS varsity team, and possibly play beyond HS at a D2 or D3 level, then a team like SRFC can definitely get you there.

However, if the kid has higher aspirations of playing (and actually seeing the field) at a D1 college program, they will be much better served training with and playing against higher level talent week-in/week-out. I'm not saying it can't happen from a team like SRFC, I'm just saying that it's highly unlikely (and the numbers back this up).

One of the biggest challenges for "good" indy teams (not just in soccer, but in any "select" sport in NTX these days), is keeping the team together and keeping them competitive as the kids get to HS age. Can the coach/team serve the needs of the players with higher aspirations, while simultaneously serving the needs of the players/families who are with the team because of lower cost, more of a "family" environment, no big-club bureaucracy, etc. That's the challenge.

Looks like SRFC is one of the teams that's been able to successfully navigate the shark infested waters to this point. More power to them and wish them continued success.

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
avatar
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 305
Points : 660
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament upset alert

Post by CardinalRule on 29/11/18, 11:44 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Holly Hunter wrote:Wait, wait, wait - are you seriously saying a player can get all the development they need with SRFC, stay clear of the drama and get to play other sports for the bargain basement price of somewhere around $1500?  This unicorn does not exist in NTX soccer does it?  I'm thinking some of the "other" clubs could take a page out of SRFC's book cause it sounds like they're on to something here.

Depends on the kid.

The Shamrocks aren't a club -- They're a single team that are coached by a dad that brought em through rec way back when.  No dues at all last I heard. They've been kicking for a long time ... U16 now and have been around since at least U9 (when I first ran into em).

Considering that all of this banter was spurred on by Foxer prognosticating that a team that hasn't lost a game all year, would beat a team that had won just 2 of it's first 6 matches this year, is touch funny isn't it?

Smile

Big E is absolutely right here.  It depends on the kid.  If the kid's goal is to play a game they love at a competitive level, play for their HS varsity team, and possibly play beyond HS at a D2 or D3 level, then a team like SRFC can definitely get you there.  

However, if the kid has higher aspirations of playing (and actually seeing the field) at a D1 college program, they will be much better served training with and playing against higher level talent week-in/week-out.  I'm not saying it can't happen from a team like SRFC, I'm just saying that it's highly unlikely (and the numbers back this up).

One of the biggest challenges for "good" indy teams (not just in soccer, but in any "select" sport in NTX these days), is keeping the team together and keeping them competitive as the kids get to HS age.  Can the coach/team serve the needs of the players with higher aspirations, while simultaneously serving the needs of the players/families who are with the team because of lower cost, more of a "family" environment, no big-club bureaucracy, etc.  That's the challenge.

Looks like SRFC is one of the teams that's been able to successfully navigate the shark infested waters to this point.  More power to them and wish them continued success.

Blah, blah, blah, blah.....same drivel on every post. Stop the misinformation. What numbers "back this up" are you referring to? Are you saying that all top talent comes form big clubs? Please publish the national numbers so we can all "come into the light."

It's a foregone conclusion that bigs have more players at college level, and they should. In DFW, they historically have had more teams at the top of LH. They own all the ECNL and now DA slots, which was/is the vehicle for top talent to get recognized. But, when you remove ECNL/DA from the equation and look at two comparable teams, indy versus big, it's not so one sided. I suspect Liverpool Elite 03, last years Fever 01 D1 roster, etc. will compare very favorably against a comparable Big club rosters for next level players. Total big club players on college rosters doesn't tell the whole story.

My DD played SRFC many times since academy, and they have steadily improved, especially over the past 3 years. Great manager, coach, families and team. Congrats!



CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 339
Join date : 2018-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament upset alert

Post by NotNewHere on 29/11/18, 11:46 am

Big Ern wrote:
Holly Hunter wrote:Wait, wait, wait - are you seriously saying a player can get all the development they need with SRFC, stay clear of the drama and get to play other sports for the bargain basement price of somewhere around $1500?  This unicorn does not exist in NTX soccer does it?  I'm thinking some of the "other" clubs could take a page out of SRFC's book cause it sounds like they're on to something here.

Depends on the kid.

The Shamrocks aren't a club -- They're a single team that are coached by a dad that brought em through rec way back when.  No dues at all last I heard. They've been kicking for a long time ... U16 now and have been around since at least U9 (when I first ran into em).

Considering that all of this banter was spurred on by Foxer prognosticating that a team that hasn't lost a game all year, would beat a team that had won just 2 of it's first 6 matches this year, it's a touch funny isn't it?

Smile


or, it could be that the #3 team in D1 was out-played by the top DII team.

or, it could be that the "team" that handed LP Elite their only loss of the season, had it handed to them by a DII team.

or, it could be that a coach who has been talking smack about winning DI since May (when he picked up a bunch of Solar ECNL converts) was outplayed by a bunch of kids from an independent DII team.

all at a fraction of the cost.

Potato.  Potatoe.

NotNewHere
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 15
Points : 241
Join date : 2018-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament upset alert

Post by BENDMEOVER on 29/11/18, 12:24 pm

When I go to the grocery store and buy a box of generic brand wheaties and not the Bruce Jenner box of wheaties and save 50 percent of the costs. When I do the taste test theres not alot of difference?

__________________________________________________
Watch "USA FOR AFRICA - We Are The World - Reduto Musical" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/Zi0RpNSELas
avatar
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 246
Points : 484
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament upset alert

Post by Foxysoccermom on 29/11/18, 12:43 pm

Foxys clarevoyant prediction has been hijacked. Please just praise my brilliance, no need to banter amongst yourselves. Delta must've left Cardi at the alter. So much bitterness thrown that way. If you must hate...direct it toward bige that's much more productive.
avatar
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 617
Points : 1343
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament upset alert

Post by canaryman on 29/11/18, 02:43 pm

Funny some of y'all are saying things like "budget team" and "fractions of the cost" like this is the reason players play for SRFC.

canaryman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 121
Points : 2363
Join date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament upset alert

Post by DeltaTauChi on 29/11/18, 03:56 pm

CardinalRule wrote:

Blah, blah, blah, blah.....same drivel on every post.  Stop the misinformation.  What numbers "back this up" are you referring to?  Are you saying that all top talent comes form big clubs?  Please publish the national numbers so we can all "come into the light."  

It's a foregone conclusion that bigs have more players at college level, and they should.  In DFW, they historically have had more teams at the top of LH.  They own all the ECNL and now DA slots, which was/is the vehicle for top talent to get recognized.  But, when you remove ECNL/DA from the equation and look at two comparable teams, indy versus big, it's not so one sided.  I suspect Liverpool Elite 03, last years Fever 01 D1 roster, etc. will compare very favorably against a comparable Big club rosters for next level players.  Total big club players on college rosters doesn't tell the whole story.    

My DD played SRFC many times since academy, and they have steadily improved, especially over the past 3 years.  Great manager, coach, families and team.  Congrats!  



I really don't give a crap about other parts of the country. Has no bearing on my kids.

I've actually done the research for NTX, and I actually had a long, long, long, boring post up here for a few minutes that gave all of the data to back it up.  Decided that folks like Cardi aren't worth my effort.

If any of you think what I have posted is drivel and misinformation, so be it.  Do your own research, draw your own conclusions.  It's all out there just a few mouse clicks away.  

I never said a big club LHGCL team provided any specifc advantage over a small club or indy LHGCL team.  In my opinion, they don't.  At that level, it's all about what works best for your particular situation.

However, if you think LHGCL is a good path these days to your kid getting on an NCAA D1 roster, AND see any kind of meaningful minutes, I wish you luck.  It can happen, but the data I've seen says it's not likely. Big club, small club, indy, it doesn't matter.  Do your research.  Look up how many kids from LH have gone to D1 schools over the past couple of years.  Then go follow up and see how many of those kids have actually seen meaningful minutes at those schools.  Draw your own conclusions.

Then go to the big club websites and look at the signing lists from the DA, ECNL, and ECNL Composite teams.  Go follow up and see how many of those kids have actually seen meaningful minutes at D1 schools.  Draw your own conclusions.

Again, I'm only talking about the pathways from NTX Club to NCAA D1 here.  D2, D3, NAIA, JuCo are a completely different story.  No need to play for a big, and no need to play in a league above LHGCL if that's the route you want to go.  Don't believe me just because I said it on here.  Go do your own research.  You and your kid will be a lot better off for it.


__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
avatar
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 305
Points : 660
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament upset alert

Post by dadof3 on 29/11/18, 05:11 pm

DTC is correct overall. Some of that is attributable to the fact that a lot of LH players (even big club top D1 teams) aren’t that interested in playing soccer in college. I know a dozen 99s who graduated last year with offers who chose NOT to play.
avatar
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1033
Points : 3847
Join date : 2012-07-16
Location : McKinney

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament upset alert

Post by Foxysoccermom on 29/11/18, 05:53 pm

dadof3 wrote:DTC is correct overall. Some of that is attributable to the fact that a lot of LH players (even big club top D1 teams) aren’t that interested in playing soccer in college. I know a dozen 99s who graduated last year with offers who chose NOT to play.

They just played competitively for fun? You serious?
avatar
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 617
Points : 1343
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum