Latest topics
Thoughts?Today at 02:38 amluis andres
GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - LAST DAYS TO REGISTERYesterday at 03:10 pmmusaisaya
Solar East 11G Williamson - Looking to Add PlayersYesterday at 02:06 pmbjwaustin
Age Pure Still SucksYesterday at 11:05 amschmuck
Top 10 G2010 teams for North Texas12/12/19, 04:00 pmluis andres
Looking for U10/U11B teams in Dallas/WhiteRock Lake area12/12/19, 11:53 amFanof21527
Renegades Vaughn 2011 G11/12/19, 08:16 pmroger@renegades
07G RISE8/AGSC SC Looking t/add 2 players to roster ROCKWALL11/12/19, 06:32 amCccrushers
07G RISE8/AGSC SC Looking t/add 2 players to roster ROCKWALL11/12/19, 06:30 amCccrushers
PIT+ Elite Invitational Spring 2020 11/12/19, 06:19 amNicoleJames
PIT+ League Elite Spring 2020 Registration now OPEN11/12/19, 06:15 amNicoleJames
Winter II Futsal League10/12/19, 12:05 pmcityfutsal
REGISTRATIONDEADLINE APPROACHING - TEXAS WINTER CLASSIC10/12/19, 10:31 amGreenmachine
Free Renegades Soccer Parent's Night Out This Friday09/12/19, 02:26 pmsbarton12
Free Renegades Soccer Parent's Night Out This Friday09/12/19, 02:25 pmsbarton12
TOURNAMENT: U90C HILL COUNTRY CLASSIC - AUSTIN - Jan. 24-26,09/12/19, 01:08 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C SPRING KICKOFF - Jan 30-Feb 2, 202009/12/19, 01:04 pmU90C
DKSC 10s Colón09/12/19, 01:11 ampingo99
DKSC 12s Colón Looking to add!09/12/19, 01:06 ampingo99
Rec Players looking for Competitive team08/12/19, 10:41 pmmikecorich
Rec Players looking for Competitive team08/12/19, 10:40 pmmikecorich
FC Dallas 2011 Girls Coach Luna: Seeking Additional Players08/12/19, 08:08 pmFCD11G
1 2005 Team needed- City Classic (Play for Free)08/12/19, 04:25 pmTexasCup
1 2008 Team needed- City Classic (Play for Free)08/12/19, 04:21 pmTexasCup
1 2009 Team needed- City Classic (Play for Free)08/12/19, 04:16 pmTexasCup
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14035 registered users
The newest registered user is LucasMaliga

Our users have posted a total of 195214 messages in 27560 subjects

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by soccerphreak on 19/11/18, 11:05 am

I had to go and watch the Thrilla at Toyota this past Saturday.  I think the match lived up to all the hype.  These are definitely the two best teams in North Texas.

Random observations:

** Solar was more physical.
** Solar was without 3 of their best players. FCD was without 1.
** FCD plays a very loose defense.
** game should have been a 3-3 draw but FCD's goalie made some unbelievable stops and FCD missed 3 easy scoring oppty's that they could not finish.  Solar's goalie is also very very good.
** both teams play a modified boot ball.  kinda ugly.  both coaches need to take classes from possession-style wizards like Chris Pulpaneck and Juan Martinez.
** both coaches were fairly mellow and on their best behavior.  neither sideline was out of control either despite reputations to the contrary.
** you won't see any faster players than Solar #7 and #10 and FCD #3 and #12 at this age group.
** Solar #17 could prob play '02 and make impact.  College coaches gonna have her on speed dial.
** can't wait to see them play again in the Spring.
soccerphreak
soccerphreak
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 6
Points : 707
Join date : 2018-01-14

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by TrustTheProcess on 19/11/18, 12:44 pm

#17....GA products right there!!

__________________________________________________
“Trust the process. Your time is coming. Just do the work and the results will handle themselves.”
TrustTheProcess
TrustTheProcess
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 44
Points : 648
Join date : 2018-04-30

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by 05DD on 19/11/18, 01:34 pm

soccerphreak wrote:I had to go and watch the Thrilla at Toyota this past Saturday.  I think the match lived up to all the hype.  These are definitely the two best teams in North Texas.

Random observations:

** Solar was more physical. Agreed. Not sure why the center ref didn't see it that way. Lots of calls went against FC
** Solar was without 3 of their best players. FCD was without 1. Rumor is these 3 no longer play for Solar DA, so this is a moot point.
** FCD plays a very loose defense. Agree,Defense was unorganized at times. Same could be said of Solar
** game should have been a 3-3 draw but FCD's goalie made some unbelievable stops and FCD missed 3 easy scoring oppty's that they could not finish.  Solar's goalie is also very very good. As a former keeper, I would disagree that either keeper had that big of an impact. Sure, both affected some shots, and both played well, but I am always biased towards keepers. Ultimately it was both team's strikers inability to finish that kept this game from being a much higher scoring affair. But job well done to both ladies.
** both teams play a modified boot ball.  kinda ugly.  both coaches need to take classes from possession-style wizards like Chris Pulpaneck and Juan Martinez. Especially in the case of Solar. How much longer does this style of play remain effective? FCD at least attempted to connect passes on the ground. But, when 2 athletic teams such as these apply such high pressure, the tendency for kids is to just boot the ball away. So I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here.
** both coaches were fairly mellow and on their best behavior.  neither sideline was out of control either despite reputations to the contrary. Shocking. Kudos parents
** you won't see any faster players than Solar #7 and #10 and FCD #3 and #12 at this age group. Solar #7 has blazing speed. There are some kids in this age group with some serious wheels.
** Solar #17 could prob play '02 and make impact.  College coaches gonna have her on speed dial. Pump the brakes amigo. She is certainly physically imposing for an 05. I do agree that coaches will see her statue and be ready to sign her up
** can't wait to see them play again in the Spring.It was a fairly even match. Going in, I would have given the edge to FCD, and I would still say FCD comes out on top of this matchup more often than not. Simply based on style of play.


I guess it's all about perspective. Just my .02
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 96
Points : 2553
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 19/11/18, 02:00 pm

05DD wrote:
soccerphreak wrote:I had to go and watch the Thrilla at Toyota this past Saturday.  I think the match lived up to all the hype.  These are definitely the two best teams in North Texas.

Random observations:


** Solar was without 3 of their best players. FCD was without 1. Rumor is these 3 no longer play for Solar DA, so this is a moot point.



I guess it's all about perspective. Just my .02




#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 181
Points : 1661
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by 05DD on 14/10/19, 09:02 am

soccerphreak wrote:I had to go and watch the Thrilla at Toyota this past Saturday.  I think the match lived up to all the hype.  These are definitely the two best teams in North Texas.

Random observations:

** Solar was more physical.
** Solar was without 3 of their best players. FCD was without 1.
** FCD plays a very loose defense.
** game should have been a 3-3 draw but FCD's goalie made some unbelievable stops and FCD missed 3 easy scoring oppty's that they could not finish.  Solar's goalie is also very very good.
** both teams play a modified boot ball.  kinda ugly.  both coaches need to take classes from possession-style wizards like Chris Pulpaneck and Juan Martinez.
** both coaches were fairly mellow and on their best behavior.  neither sideline was out of control either despite reputations to the contrary.
** you won't see any faster players than Solar #7 and #10 and FCD #3 and #12 at this age group.
** Solar #17 could prob play '02 and make impact.  College coaches gonna have her on speed dial.
** can't wait to see them play again in the Spring.

Almost a year later, and wow how things have changed!! 5-0 complete domination by FCD.
Solar is a shell of their former selves. Not too long ago, they were the cream of the crop. Now, maybe not even top 5 in NTX. What happened? What, if anything, can AS do about it?
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 96
Points : 2553
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by WinTheChipzRdown on 14/10/19, 09:35 am

05DD wrote:
soccerphreak wrote:I had to go and watch the Thrilla at Toyota this past Saturday.  I think the match lived up to all the hype.  These are definitely the two best teams in North Texas.

Random observations:

** Solar was more physical.
** Solar was without 3 of their best players. FCD was without 1.
** FCD plays a very loose defense.
** game should have been a 3-3 draw but FCD's goalie made some unbelievable stops and FCD missed 3 easy scoring oppty's that they could not finish.  Solar's goalie is also very very good.
** both teams play a modified boot ball.  kinda ugly.  both coaches need to take classes from possession-style wizards like Chris Pulpaneck and Juan Martinez.
** both coaches were fairly mellow and on their best behavior.  neither sideline was out of control either despite reputations to the contrary.
** you won't see any faster players than Solar #7 and #10 and FCD #3 and #12 at this age group.
** Solar #17 could prob play '02 and make impact.  College coaches gonna have her on speed dial.
** can't wait to see them play again in the Spring.

Almost a year later, and wow how things have changed!! 5-0 complete domination by FCD.
Solar is a shell of their former selves. Not too long ago, they were the cream of the crop. Now, maybe not even top 5 in NTX. What happened? What, if anything, can AS do about it?

Yeah they went from sugar to - - - - in short period of time!! Not sure what happened but the “Texan” seems to be catching up with them.

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 62
Points : 409
Join date : 2019-01-16

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by PLAYERONE on 14/10/19, 12:06 pm

FCD 05 no doubt was the clear winner

PLAYERONE
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 27
Points : 300
Join date : 2019-03-20

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by 5050Ball on 14/10/19, 01:17 pm

05DD wrote:

Almost a year later, and wow how things have changed!! 5-0 complete domination by FCD.
Solar is a shell of their former selves. Not too long ago, they were the cream of the crop. Now, maybe not even top 5 in NTX. What happened? What, if anything, can AS do about it?

Nobody who knows the game ever thought they were the cream of the crop. Athletically dominant, yes. Steamrolled teams at u-little? Yes. Seen it a million times.

They're still athletic, but not technically sound all around and definitely lack sophistication in the attack. They're a product of their past training environment.

At this point FCD is clearly the better side. But I don't think anyone is really surprised by that.

5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 237
Points : 1897
Join date : 2015-06-19

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by WinTheChipzRdown on 14/10/19, 01:53 pm

5050Ball wrote:
05DD wrote:

Almost a year later, and wow how things have changed!! 5-0 complete domination by FCD.
Solar is a shell of their former selves. Not too long ago, they were the cream of the crop. Now, maybe not even top 5 in NTX. What happened? What, if anything, can AS do about it?

Nobody who knows the game ever thought they were the cream of the crop.  Athletically dominant, yes.  Steamrolled teams at u-little?  Yes.   Seen it a million times.

They're still athletic, but not technically sound all around and definitely lack sophistication in the attack.  They're a product of their past training environment.    

At this point FCD is clearly the better side.  But I don't think anyone is really surprised by that.


If you’re an optimistic Solar 05 parent, they’re still .500 in Frontier Division play.
Their DA cup hopes are trashed though.
There’s time to turn it around but will they? They don’t need to take that winter break of two months lightly. Hit it hard and they may improve in time to make playoffs as a wild card team.

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 62
Points : 409
Join date : 2019-01-16

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by 05DD on 14/10/19, 02:59 pm

5050Ball wrote:
05DD wrote:

Almost a year later, and wow how things have changed!! 5-0 complete domination by FCD.
Solar is a shell of their former selves. Not too long ago, they were the cream of the crop. Now, maybe not even top 5 in NTX. What happened? What, if anything, can AS do about it?

Nobody who knows the game ever thought they were the cream of the crop.  Athletically dominant, yes.  Steamrolled teams at u-little?  Yes.   Seen it a million times.

They're still athletic, but not technically sound all around and definitely lack sophistication in the attack.  They're a product of their past training environment.    

At this point FCD is clearly the better side.  But I don't think anyone is really surprised by that.

Actually, it was the lack of athleticism that was most surprising. Certainly did not look like the past years teams that dominated FCD and everyone else. Defections perhaps?
Team played with no energy and seemed outmatched physically more than technically. They lost every 50/50 ball, and we're outraced to every long ball played by either back line.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 96
Points : 2553
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by WinTheChipzRdown on 14/10/19, 03:12 pm

I heard that hard to please parents killed that team

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 62
Points : 409
Join date : 2019-01-16

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by Truthiness on 14/10/19, 05:07 pm

That Adames coaching style (and preferred type of player which now forms the backbone of the team) will win you a lot of games at U9-U12. Eventually, however, it gets surpassed by quality technical teams. It isn't just the Solar 05s who are no longer uber-dominant and showing some cracks and technical shortcomings. It's beginning to happen to the Solar 06s, too.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 44
Points : 282
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by 06Southgirl on 14/10/19, 07:37 pm

I can only speak for the 06s since I wasn’t at the 05 game but the 06s have never been the most athletic or physical group in their age group. They have always been very technical. They never had to depend on their athleticism. In most cases we were the smallest looking team.

06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 442
Points : 2555
Join date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 14/10/19, 07:49 pm

Truthiness wrote:That Adames coaching style (and preferred type of player which now forms the backbone of the team) will win you a lot of games at U9-U12.  Eventually, however, it gets surpassed by quality technical teams.  It isn't just the Solar 05s who are no longer uber-dominant and showing some cracks and technical shortcomings.  It's beginning to happen to the Solar 06s, too.



#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 181
Points : 1661
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by Straighttalk on 15/10/19, 09:00 am

This Solar 05 team is an example of coaches catering to parents . Clear example of North Texas soccer philosophy  of putting results at younger age as a priority over development. Hope they regroup next year. They could struggle this year as Frontier Division is loaded with technically sound teams.

WinTheChipzRdown wrote:I heard that hard to please parents killed that team

Straighttalk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 13
Points : 400
Join date : 2018-11-22

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by WinTheChipzRdown on 15/10/19, 09:30 am

06Southgirl wrote:I can only speak for the 06s since I wasn’t at the 05 game but the 06s have never been the most athletic or physical group in their age group.  They have always been very technical.  They never had to depend on their athleticism. In most cases we were the smallest looking team.  


Yeah 06’s are still sound. Not sure what that poster was talking about.

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 62
Points : 409
Join date : 2019-01-16

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by 05DD on 15/10/19, 09:49 am

Straighttalk wrote:This Solar 05 team is an example of coaches catering to parents . Clear example of North Texas soccer philosophy  of putting results at younger age as a priority over development. Hope they regroup next year. They could struggle this year as Frontier Division is loaded with technically sound teams.

WinTheChipzRdown wrote:I heard that hard to please parents killed that team
Unfortunately, that's usually the case in youth sports.
In your opinion, who are these technically sound teams? Outside of 2 maybe, I can't think of any.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 96
Points : 2553
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by timmyh on 15/10/19, 11:36 am

05DD wrote:
Straighttalk wrote:This Solar 05 team is an example of coaches catering to parents . Clear example of North Texas soccer philosophy  of putting results at younger age as a priority over development. Hope they regroup next year. They could struggle this year as Frontier Division is loaded with technically sound teams.

WinTheChipzRdown wrote:I heard that hard to please parents killed that team
Unfortunately, that's usually the case in youth sports.
In your opinion, who are these technically sound teams? Outside of 2 maybe, I can't think of any.

In the 05 age group there are multiple teams that play quality technical soccer. FC Dallas DA, DFeeters ECNL, Fever Penn, DFeeters Flynn, and Solar ECNL would all be examples.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 283
Points : 1913
Join date : 2015-07-22

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by 05DD on 15/10/19, 11:43 am

timmyh wrote:
05DD wrote:
Straighttalk wrote:This Solar 05 team is an example of coaches catering to parents . Clear example of North Texas soccer philosophy  of putting results at younger age as a priority over development. Hope they regroup next year. They could struggle this year as Frontier Division is loaded with technically sound teams.

WinTheChipzRdown wrote:I heard that hard to please parents killed that team
Unfortunately, that's usually the case in youth sports.
In your opinion, who are these technically sound teams? Outside of 2 maybe, I can't think of any.

In the 05 age group there are multiple teams that play quality technical soccer. FC Dallas DA, DFeeters ECNL, Fever Penn, DFeeters Flynn, and Solar ECNL would all be examples.
Agree with some, disagree on others. But only one of those teams is actually in the frontier conference as suggested by the previous poster
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 96
Points : 2553
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by 05DD on 26/11/19, 12:24 pm

Looks like Solar may have started that Winter break training early. Coming away with a 1-1 draw this time around. Anyone have commentary from the match?
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 96
Points : 2553
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by WinTheChipzRdown on 26/11/19, 01:16 pm

Just missed it but in other news the Dallas Texas just fired their 04/05 coach

WinTheChipzRdown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 62
Points : 409
Join date : 2019-01-16

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by soccerphreak on 27/11/19, 05:42 pm

05DD wrote:Looks like Solar may have started that Winter break training early. Coming away with a 1-1 draw this time around. Anyone have commentary from the match?

I have not seen the USDA Game Report, but Solar had the game won up until the final seconds of the match when FCD's defender launched one from 25 yards out that appeared to be cleared away before going over the goal line.  Ref probably would not have called it a goal had he not been on the FCD sideline.  Regardless, FCD's player saved the day and should make the Team of the Week.

My understanding is that both sides had essentially the same personnel as their prior match in October.  Not sure why the vastly different outcome.  The only differences seem to be FCD had a different goalie and Solar's goal came from a player that did not play in first match.  

I do think both teams are much more disciplined that last year.  Both Grubb and Bates seem to have these teams on the right track as opposed to where they both were last year with CR and SA.

Good luck to both squads -- the rematch in Feb shall be a good one!
soccerphreak
soccerphreak
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 6
Points : 707
Join date : 2018-01-14

Back to top Go down

FCD DA vs Solar DA '05 Empty Re: FCD DA vs Solar DA '05

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum