Latest topics
PROJECTED BRACKETS /Plano Labor Day Invitational TournamentToday at 10:21 pmGameday 04 New
Thoughts?Today at 08:34 pmWinTheChipzRdown
Video Recording GamesToday at 08:11 pmDeuce
Dallas Roma 2012 BoysToday at 02:07 pmDallas Roma Academy
Dallas Roma 2013/2014 BoysToday at 02:07 pmDallas Roma Academy
Dallas Roma 2012 GirlsToday at 02:06 pmDallas Roma Academy
Dallas Roma 2013/2014 GirlsToday at 01:22 pmDallas Roma Academy
FC Dallas Central 2011B - Open Training - Dallas/RichardsonToday at 12:51 pmFC Dallas Central Div
FC Dallas Central 2013B - Open Training - Dallas/RichardsonToday at 12:50 pmFC Dallas Central Div
FC Dallas Central 2012B - Open Training - Dallas/RichardsonToday at 12:49 pmFC Dallas Central Div
FC Dallas Central 2012G - Open Training - Dallas/Richardson Today at 12:42 pmFC Dallas Central Div
FC Dallas Central 2011G - Open Training - Dallas/RichardsonToday at 12:41 pmFC Dallas Central Div
FC Dallas Central 2010G - Open Training - Dallas/Richardson Today at 12:40 pmFC Dallas Central Div
Pre-DA DiscussionYesterday at 11:36 pmAlittlemessy10
What is the big deal with LHGCLYesterday at 04:04 pmAnonymousCoward
Texas Spirit 13 Tankersly - Flower Mound/LewisvilleYesterday at 12:41 pmTexas Spirit
Game Day 04 CLASSIC LEAGUE 2018-19Yesterday at 12:37 pmGameday 04 New
Texas Spirit 12 MonkYesterday at 12:32 pmTexas Spirit
03B Classic LeagueYesterday at 12:29 pmMuc03b
Texas Spirit 11 MonkYesterday at 12:29 pmTexas Spirit
TOURNAMENT: U90C THE ROCK - AUSTIN - Nov. 15-17, 2019Yesterday at 11:37 amU90C
TOURNAMENT: VETERAN HEROES CUP - Nov 15-17, 2019Yesterday at 11:36 amU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - Nov. 22-24Yesterday at 11:34 amU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - Dec. 6-8Yesterday at 11:32 amU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C ROUND ROCK OPEN - AUSTIN - Dec. 13-15Yesterday at 11:31 amU90C
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

UTD Field Conditions Pixel
Statistics
We have 13585 registered users
The newest registered user is Kedrick

Our users have posted a total of 193743 messages in 27180 subjects

UTD Field Conditions

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty UTD Field Conditions

Post by UTD Field Director* on 13/02/19, 01:21 pm

Fields are closed until further notice.

Please - no emails or calls.

We will let you know when it's time.

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 58
Points : 537
Join date : 2018-05-03

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by wazup on 13/02/19, 01:31 pm

Ridiculous. It's almost like the leagues and clubs are trying to piss everyone off. Is PFDL shut down too?

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 126
Points : 1013
Join date : 2017-03-24

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by IAmSoccerfan on 13/02/19, 04:26 pm

As often as they close the fields I'd think they would be in better shape than they are. It was like watching them play on a field in the back of my neighborhood.
IAmSoccerfan
IAmSoccerfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 44
Points : 2262
Join date : 2013-08-01

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by Brian Griffins BFF on 13/02/19, 08:59 pm

Don't want to step on anyones toes here-I could be talking out of my butt...aren't athletic fields supposed to be used for athletics?? Just a guess...didn't think they were just for observational use

Brian Griffins BFF
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 37
Points : 574
Join date : 2018-03-09

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by UTD Field Director* on 13/02/19, 09:18 pm

Just a reminder - we are requesting no emails or calls.

Also, complaining here isn't going to make the fields open sooner.

Thank you.

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 58
Points : 537
Join date : 2018-05-03

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by Brian Griffins BFF on 13/02/19, 09:49 pm

UTD Field Director wrote:Just a reminder - we are requesting no emails or calls.

Also, complaining here isn't going to make the fields open sooner.

Thank you.

Sorry if offense was taken...its just that I/we call it a head scratcher when the public fields are ALL open and well, you know...

Brian Griffins BFF
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 37
Points : 574
Join date : 2018-03-09

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by Guest on 13/02/19, 09:56 pm

Does anyone have a phone number or email address for the UTD fields?   I noticed their fields were closed, and I wanted to talk to someone about it.  I appreciate it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by Hat Trick Rick on 14/02/19, 08:41 am

IAmSoccerfan wrote:As often as they close the fields I'd think they would be in better shape than they are.  It was like watching them play on a field in the back of my neighborhood.  

Yep........pretty much.......

__________________________________________________
Abracadabra, homes!
Hat Trick Rick
Hat Trick Rick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 1276
Join date : 2016-03-16

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by UTD Field Director* on 14/02/19, 09:02 am

Brian Griffins BFF wrote:
UTD Field Director wrote:Just a reminder - we are requesting no emails or calls.

Also, complaining here isn't going to make the fields open sooner.

Thank you.

Sorry if offense was taken...its just that I/we call it a head scratcher when the public fields are ALL open and well, you know...


That is why public fields look more like cow pastures.

We are doing our best to maintain our beautifully manicured fields in spite of the challenges we face with North Texas weather, so that we can continue to provide a first-class playing environment.

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 58
Points : 537
Join date : 2018-05-03

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by KICKBALL on 14/02/19, 09:10 am

UTD Field Director wrote:
Brian Griffins BFF wrote:
UTD Field Director wrote:Just a reminder - we are requesting no emails or calls.

Also, complaining here isn't going to make the fields open sooner.

Thank you.

Sorry if offense was taken...its just that I/we call it a head scratcher when the public fields are ALL open and well, you know...


That is why public fields look more like cow pastures.

We are doing our best to maintain our beautifully manicured fields in spite of the challenges we face with North Texas weather, so that we can continue to provide a first-class playing environment.

UH OH!!!! And in 3... 2... 1...

KICKBALL
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 12
Points : 513
Join date : 2018-04-18

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by Axel Foley on 14/02/19, 09:23 am

Dry Tues Weds Thurs, Friday and Sun and Wind. 50/50 they open this weekend.

UTDFD: bravo on the parody. "beautifully manicured fields" was great addition.
Axel Foley
Axel Foley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 109
Points : 1120
Join date : 2016-11-21

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by UTD Field Director* on 14/02/19, 09:35 am

A few other items of note:

In order to improve our customer experience, we will bringing in new porta-potties.

In addition, construction will begin in the next few weeks to resurface our parking lots.  We are still looking at our options, as this will tie up most parking space until construction is complete early this summer.  We are looking at just moving games to Chin Chapel and possibly Fairview.  Plano was an option until we assessed their field conditions.  If nothing else, we will look at utilizing a shuttle service from the UTD pay parking garage about 1/2 mile from the fields.

As always, we value our customers and hope you appreciate the improvements.

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 58
Points : 537
Join date : 2018-05-03

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by Foxysoccermom on 14/02/19, 03:40 pm

Ohhh yeah...nuttin like getting busy in a brand new porta potty.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 708
Points : 1701
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by Craycray on 14/02/19, 05:10 pm

Cover fields when weather is coming. Look into some thing called drainage. This happens every year. Time to do something

Craycray
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 4
Points : 207
Join date : 2019-02-01

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by UTD Field Director* on 14/02/19, 06:09 pm

We know that the weather can be frustrating to new soccer parents, but we have to make sure that the fields are kept at the same high level so future players can enjoy them as well.

Looking forward to another great season!

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 58
Points : 537
Join date : 2018-05-03

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by BENDMEOVER on 14/02/19, 07:51 pm

My cousin was playing rugby on the fields and told me watch it on the news he was a big shot on TV. He said soccer was for girls nobody buying the BS. Director I guess soccer takes a back seat out there at your private pasture.

__________________________________________________
Everybody gets a trophy.

https://youtu.be/gCWj8Nz5DUg
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 483
Points : 998
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 15/02/19, 12:12 pm

UTD Field Director wrote:We know that the weather can be frustrating to new soccer parents, but we have to make sure that the fields are kept at the same high level so future players can enjoy them as well.

Looking forward to another great season!



#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 174
Points : 1542
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by UTD Field Director* on 15/02/19, 12:37 pm

Good news!

UTD Fields will be open tomorrow.  

HOWEVER - The large parking lot will be closed for a carnival.  Please park down by he dorms.  Feel free to enjoy the carnival and midway after your games tomorrow.


Just a friendly reminder - Please remember to be considerate of others who will be using the fields after you and police your own trash.  This includes the team side of the fields.  Coaches are responsible for their teams.  We have been seeing a lot of trash and environmentally-unfriendly plastic water bottles left behind at the end of the day.


Best of luck to everyone!


Also - the long-term forecast looks like rain on Tuesday and Thursday next week.  Please - no emails or phone calls when we close the fields.  We can control many things - but the weather is not one of them.  Your complaints don't help the situation.  It's Texas.  It's February.  It rains.

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 58
Points : 537
Join date : 2018-05-03

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by Hat Trick Rick on 15/02/19, 01:14 pm

The way the UTD Field Director delivers unpleasant news to a large group of people yet seemingly comes across as believing those people should feel grateful for getting that news almost makes it look like they might have once been employed by the IRS……..

#MUTDFieldsGA

__________________________________________________
Abracadabra, homes!
Hat Trick Rick
Hat Trick Rick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 1276
Join date : 2016-03-16

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by BENDMEOVER on 15/02/19, 01:25 pm

Now that we know that rugby took priority last weekend do we throw them under the bus or do we ask the clubs to find alternatives. Time to get to work to take care of the paying clientele.

__________________________________________________
Everybody gets a trophy.

https://youtu.be/gCWj8Nz5DUg
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 483
Points : 998
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by Tahoe08SoccerMom on 15/02/19, 05:42 pm

UTD Field Director wrote:A few other items of note:

In order to improve our customer experience, we will bringing in new porta-potties.

In addition, construction will begin in the next few weeks to resurface our parking lots.  We are still looking at our options, as this will tie up most parking space until construction is complete early this summer.  We are looking at just moving games to Chin Chapel and possibly Fairview.  Plano was an option until we assessed their field conditions.  If nothing else, we will look at utilizing a shuttle service from the UTD pay parking garage about 1/2 mile from the fields.

As always, we value our customers and hope you appreciate the improvements.

Instead of investing in new crappers that no one ever uses because we don’t play and a perking lot I’m sure all our Texas trucks can handle, maybe invest in installing turf. There’s a thought. There’s valuing your customers. The day new porta potties enhances my “customer experience” at a soccer field I’m out.

Tahoe08SoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 47
Points : 581
Join date : 2018-04-15

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by UTD Field Director* on 16/02/19, 09:55 am

The fields are open.

Unfortunately, the carnival was cancelled due to the weather.

The good news is that the parking lot is open and the porta-potties are clean and ready to go.  Some may disagree, but access to public bathrooms is essential to large events.

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 58
Points : 537
Join date : 2018-05-03

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by Brian Griffins BFF on 16/02/19, 10:28 am

UTD Field Director wrote:The fields are open.

Unfortunately, the carnival was cancelled due to the weather.

The good news is that the parking lot is open and the porta-potties are clean and ready to go.  Some may disagree, but access to public bathrooms is essential to large events.

What?!! This is unacceptable! I am so disappointed we don't get to see the cute and cuddly penguins and a grizzly bear riding a Bugatti motorcycle....You need to make this up to us. I say convert all of your fields to artificial turf so we can try and kill our kids from May-September...we can use the resurfaced parking lot for games while the fields are getting set up...

Brian Griffins BFF
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 37
Points : 574
Join date : 2018-03-09

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by UTD Field Director* on 16/02/19, 02:21 pm

Brian Griffins BFF wrote:
UTD Field Director wrote:The fields are open.

Unfortunately, the carnival was cancelled due to the weather.

The good news is that the parking lot is open and the porta-potties are clean and ready to go.  Some may disagree, but access to public bathrooms is essential to large events.

What?!!  This is unacceptable!  I am so disappointed we don't get to see the cute and cuddly penguins and a grizzly bear riding a Bugatti motorcycle....You need to make this up to us.  I say convert all of your fields to artificial turf so we can try and kill our kids from May-September...we can use the resurfaced parking lot for games while the fields are getting set up...


We always appreciate the humor of new parents.  It helps all of us get thru frustrating soccer, field closures, and "bad referees".  LOL

Between you confusing a circus with a carnival and Tahoe mom somehow thinking that taking a dump in the parking lot is a good idea (imagine cleaning that out of cleats), it's given us all a good chuckle.  Though I must admit the "perking lot" threw us there.  

We understand your frustrations.  Enjoy the soccer this weekend, as the long-term weather forecasts don't look to be in our favor.

As always, we are working hard to bring the best product possible to your teams.

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 58
Points : 537
Join date : 2018-05-03

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by BENDMEOVER on 16/02/19, 06:04 pm


__________________________________________________
Everybody gets a trophy.

https://youtu.be/gCWj8Nz5DUg
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 483
Points : 998
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

UTD Field Conditions Empty Re: UTD Field Conditions

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum