Latest topics
Sting Academy EastToday at 7:09 pmmm21475
Sting FeesToday at 7:07 pmRichAggie
D'Feeters Kicks 07 VielmaToday at 7:05 pm9withak
FCD06 Lake Highlands TeamToday at 6:55 pmFCD 06G Heald
Texas Shootout 2019Today at 6:21 pmRichAggie
Sting Hopkins 03/04 LHGCL D1/ NPL Today at 5:46 pmSKLZ
Sting Hopkins 03/04 LHGCL D1/ NPL Today at 5:41 pmSKLZ
ODP questionToday at 5:29 pmCheckpoint Charlie
08 Boys Teams - Premier Copa June 7-9, 2019Today at 5:05 pmU90C
Classic D1 BVB Dortmund 08B Open PracticesToday at 4:37 pmSoccerplz
ECNL/DAToday at 4:04 pmAlittleBitofSanity
LC United 06 Boys Open Practices (Corinth/Denton area)Today at 4:03 pmLC United
10 Girls Teams - Premier Copa June 7-9, 2019Today at 3:55 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - Premier Copa June 7-9, 2019Today at 3:45 pmU90C
NTX Celtic 06G (Flower Mound) Open TryoutsToday at 3:30 pmCelticBartlow
City Futsal Soccer Club - Open Practice - 2003 BoysToday at 3:18 pmCityFutsalSoccerClub
Questions about Super Y League Today at 3:05 pmNoSpinZone
FC Dallas '06 West-LHGCL DI/Frontier ConferenceToday at 2:57 pmHoneybadger
FC Dallas '09 Girls West (JDL)/Top 10 teamToday at 2:49 pmHoneybadger
As the soccer ball rolls..so do the days of our lives. Today at 2:39 pmMaximilianOneMX
ISO Solar Practice Tee size Youth SmallToday at 2:25 pmVanwist
ODP is deadToday at 2:25 pmSoccermom2888
Solar practice shirts youth small and largeToday at 2:18 pmVanwist
TOURNAMENT: PREMIER COPA June 7-9, 2019Today at 1:41 pmU90C
Mia Hamm, Kristine Lilly, Tisha Venturini: June 12th ClinicsToday at 1:40 pmU90C
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 13249 registered users
The newest registered user is Sccrgirl5

Our users have posted a total of 188873 messages in 25734 subjects

Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain?

Post by FC1 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:27 pm

I have seen them play. I agree they are good. But, even when you are presented with factual evidence, there is still an excuse as to why they lost / didn't advance? Should TD's take into account the game length, HS players injured, weather, PK's, how long the grass is, when making a determination as to what bracket to put them in? All they have is requests from coaches and evidence from W/ L records, which as mentioned above is not good. (1-2-2) Could they beat some ECNL teams, sure. Could they beat the top ECNL teams, probably not. The solution is simple if you ask me, transfer the team to an ECNL club, make it out of bracket play when ECNL teams are playing, etc. I think it is comical that you guys think its some big conspiracy to keep them from playing one another.

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 93
Join date : 2016-09-12

Back to top Go down

Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain?

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:31 pm

Lefty wrote:Have never seen this Sparta team play but can think of two reasons ECNL/DA teams may not want to play them.  You probably won't like the answer, but this is a business and all businesses make cost/benefit decisions everyday:

. Nothing to be gained by playing and beating them, and potential major egg on the face if you play them and lose
. Style of play?  Again I've never seen them play.  If they play a rougher physical style vs a more skilled tactical style teams may not want to risk injury for a low value win

Tournament director/schedulers usually do what will get the most teams to participate in their tournament.



#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 118
Points : 1387
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain?

Post by MaskedWriter on Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:26 pm

FC1 wrote:I have seen them play. I agree they are good. But, even when you are presented with factual evidence, there is still an excuse as to why they lost / didn't advance? Should TD's take into account the game length, HS players injured, weather, PK's, how long the grass is, when making a determination as to what bracket to put them in? All they have is requests from coaches and evidence from W/ L records, which as mentioned above is not good. (1-2-2) Could they beat some ECNL teams, sure. Could they beat the top ECNL teams, probably not. The solution is simple if you ask me, transfer the team to an ECNL club, make it out of bracket play when ECNL teams are playing, etc.  

Never gave an excuse ... simply responding to sccrprntsrcrazy's question about last year's tournament while also helping to illustrate my earlier statement that each game versus ECNL has been in doubt until the end.  Agreed that 1-2-2 isn't where we want to be.  Hope to have the opportunity to address that in the near future.

MW

MaskedWriter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 108
Points : 2884
Join date : 2011-11-08

Back to top Go down

Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain?

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy on Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:55 am

DDteach15 wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
DDteach15 wrote:Time after time in tournaments hosted by ECNL golden ticket teams Sparta FC Elite has been overlooked, passed over, or purposely placed in lower level brackets. In almost every tournament Sparta has entered they have been placed in divisions lower than the ECNL teams OR never get scheduled against ECNL teams IF they are placed in their bracket. Why is that? You would think the best would want to play the best but instead ECNL hosting teams continue to pull teams that Sparta FC has continued to beat up on in the higher bracket. If they were to play Sparta and lose or tie (which is the norm) then they lose status. If they are the ELITE... Then why not accept the challenge? Too much to lose?

Are you saying, double D, that the ECNL hosts tourneys other than the Showcase events?  If so, please enlighten us.  

That ^, and a few otra preguntas para tu ...

What is Sparta FC Elite and why should they be involved in ECNL events?

What is a "golden ticket" team?

What makes Sparta FC Elite the best (i.e. have they beaten any ECNL teams of late)?


Just curious Wink

Hey there big ERN, sorry for the confusion. No beef with the talent of DA, JDL, or ECNL, many of which who have recruited and offered spots to girls on our roster. I am honestly just  at a loss how teams that Sparta has beaten or tied or rarely lose against , get placed in to compete against the higher ranked ECNL teams. I see you like proof so example one will be the FCD Showcase... Why doe they place South Texas Rise who Sparta is 1win and 2 ties against record wise, but dominated on the field are somehow place in the higher RED 1 bracket and Sparta in the RED 2 bracket against team that we have beaten time and time again? There is definitely nothing special about Rise to place them over Sparta. Then they place FCD Premier in a higher bracket who Sparta has beaten again and again outside of one game and who couldn't even advance out of their bracket in SRPL Championship tournament in the RED 1 bracket. Why not place the team who has won more and is more competitive in the higher bracket? Riddle me this? It absolutely makes no sense.... I know as being a part of a team who wants to play the best, I would not avoid playing them. We want to play the best but are rarely given the opportunity to.
To give you more proof when rarely given the opportunity we recently beat Challenge ECNL 02, barely lost 1-0 to D'feeters ECNL, Tied Challenge ECNL 02 and beat D’Feeters ECNL 03. We have beat many of the ECRL teams as well as the FDL teams who only switched names from when they were Lake Highland D1 teams. Now I am not saying that our record kills ECNL teams but we stand toe to toe with them when given the chance and I do not think ECNL Clubs like it so they purposely play lower placed teams than Sparta to keep their wins. Why not play the better team? I know we would rather do that than play the teams the have a lower record? I hope I cleared it up for you... There are many other tournaments to reference where this has happened if you do your research.

In what tournament did Sparta beat Challenge ECNL 02? I dont believe that, ive looked on Sparta Page and see no game other than DFeeters game.

Edit: Here's the link to the Texas Shootout last year and you played no ECNL team in that either..

Day Date Time Opponent Score Field Side
Saturday 06/02/2018 8:00AM CHALLENGE SC CHALLENGE 02 EAST 0:4
        06/02/2018 6:30PM CHALLENGE 02 CLEAR LAKE         4:0
Sunday 06/03/2018 1:00PM CLASSICS ELITE SA CE 02G BLUE 0:7

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 2423
Join date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain?

Post by DDteach15 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:19 am

sccrprntsrcrazy wrote:Why didn't Sparta make it out of bracket @ last year DIGC tournament? .They had there opportunity against ECNL and International Teams and didn't even make it out of bracket. Its just laughable to think ECNL are worried about playing NON ECNL teams, when there is usually 4 or 5 ECNL teams in the DIGC every year.
You must eat, breathe, die, ECNL based on your comment. Laughable is your comment, so...... I am guessing you don't remember when they scheduled last years DGIC and all the rained out weather that cut the halves to 20 minutes? Just to refresh your memory that game was scheduled on Friday in the middle of HS playoffs. So were do you think most teams players were doing that game? I spell it out for you... they were playing their playoff game, the same problem most of the teams ran into that day including the Solar ECNL team we played. They scored on a penalty kick in the box and goals were worth 2 so that is were they got the 2-0. I could give you detail after detail but I am sure it would not matter, you are just looking for excuses sccrprntscrazy. We had about 2 starters and a whole bunch of 03's on the filed that night and literally had players running up just before kickoff to field 11. Solar 02 had the same thing going on. Some people get what we are trying to say, there is no point trying to explain to you. It's not that we are blowing away ECNL but it is a good battle that provides a good game to watch. We respect the talent and more that happy how we hold up against them when given the rare opportunity. I do find it funny how time and time again TD's schedule a team that provides less competition against the ECNL teams. We get it, we know what is going on and many other people see it as well. It is what it is.



DDteach15
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 64
Points : 2050
Join date : 2014-02-13

Back to top Go down

Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain?

Post by DDteach15 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:45 am

sccrprntsrcrazy wrote:
DDteach15 wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
DDteach15 wrote:Time after time in tournaments hosted by ECNL golden ticket teams Sparta FC Elite has been overlooked, passed over, or purposely placed in lower level brackets. In almost every tournament Sparta has entered they have been placed in divisions lower than the ECNL teams OR never get scheduled against ECNL teams IF they are placed in their bracket. Why is that? You would think the best would want to play the best but instead ECNL hosting teams continue to pull teams that Sparta FC has continued to beat up on in the higher bracket. If they were to play Sparta and lose or tie (which is the norm) then they lose status. If they are the ELITE... Then why not accept the challenge? Too much to lose?

Are you saying, double D, that the ECNL hosts tourneys other than the Showcase events?  If so, please enlighten us.  

That ^, and a few otra preguntas para tu ...

What is Sparta FC Elite and why should they be involved in ECNL events?

What is a "golden ticket" team?

What makes Sparta FC Elite the best (i.e. have they beaten any ECNL teams of late)?


Just curious Wink

Hey there big ERN, sorry for the confusion. No beef with the talent of DA, JDL, or ECNL, many of which who have recruited and offered spots to girls on our roster. I am honestly just  at a loss how teams that Sparta has beaten or tied or rarely lose against , get placed in to compete against the higher ranked ECNL teams. I see you like proof so example one will be the FCD Showcase... Why doe they place South Texas Rise who Sparta is 1win and 2 ties against record wise, but dominated on the field are somehow place in the higher RED 1 bracket and Sparta in the RED 2 bracket against team that we have beaten time and time again? There is definitely nothing special about Rise to place them over Sparta. Then they place FCD Premier in a higher bracket who Sparta has beaten again and again outside of one game and who couldn't even advance out of their bracket in SRPL Championship tournament in the RED 1 bracket. Why not place the team who has won more and is more competitive in the higher bracket? Riddle me this? It absolutely makes no sense.... I know as being a part of a team who wants to play the best, I would not avoid playing them. We want to play the best but are rarely given the opportunity to.
To give you more proof when rarely given the opportunity we recently beat Challenge ECNL 02, barely lost 1-0 to D'feeters ECNL, Tied Challenge ECNL 02 and beat D’Feeters ECNL 03. We have beat many of the ECRL teams as well as the FDL teams who only switched names from when they were Lake Highland D1 teams. Now I am not saying that our record kills ECNL teams but we stand toe to toe with them when given the chance and I do not think ECNL Clubs like it so they purposely play lower placed teams than Sparta to keep their wins. Why not play the better team? I know we would rather do that than play the teams the have a lower record? I hope I cleared it up for you... There are many other tournaments to reference where this has happened if you do your research.

In what tournament did Sparta beat Challenge ECNL 02? I dont believe that, ive looked on Sparta Page and see no game other than DFeeters game.

Edit: Here's the link to the Texas Shootout last year and you played no ECNL team in that either..

Day Date Time Opponent Score Field Side
Saturday 06/02/2018 8:00AM CHALLENGE SC CHALLENGE 02 EAST 0:4
            06/02/2018 6:30PM CHALLENGE 02 CLEAR LAKE              4:0
Sunday 06/03/2018 1:00PM CLASSICS ELITE SA CE 02G BLUE       0:7

Sparta beat the team listed at Challenge ECNL 02 in the D'feeters Showcase in 2018 and tied them in 2017 0-0 while they were first place in ECNL standings in November 2017. We did not play any ECNL in the Texas shootout.... Let us compare apples to apples sccrprntsrcrazy, what team does you DD play for? Then we can compare a little more.....

DDteach15
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 64
Points : 2050
Join date : 2014-02-13

Back to top Go down

Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain?

Post by BENDMEOVER on Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:59 am

ECNL would be a recreational league for the most part if they didnt poach good teams. Sparta obviously is one they would like to poach just like others. They dont develop they juat sale a concept when we know the home grown talent in this area is one of the strongest.outside of few states and teams.  Its alot of travel expense unnecessary. Until people figure that out this board brings no value. Theres been so many teams that have fallen into the abyss.

__________________________________________________
Pop goes the Weasel

https://youtu.be/1tBO8X2mh9Y
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 383
Points : 795
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain?

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy on Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:51 am

DDteach15 wrote:
sccrprntsrcrazy wrote:
DDteach15 wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
DDteach15 wrote:Time after time in tournaments hosted by ECNL golden ticket teams Sparta FC Elite has been overlooked, passed over, or purposely placed in lower level brackets. In almost every tournament Sparta has entered they have been placed in divisions lower than the ECNL teams OR never get scheduled against ECNL teams IF they are placed in their bracket. Why is that? You would think the best would want to play the best but instead ECNL hosting teams continue to pull teams that Sparta FC has continued to beat up on in the higher bracket. If they were to play Sparta and lose or tie (which is the norm) then they lose status. If they are the ELITE... Then why not accept the challenge? Too much to lose?

Are you saying, double D, that the ECNL hosts tourneys other than the Showcase events?  If so, please enlighten us.  

That ^, and a few otra preguntas para tu ...

What is Sparta FC Elite and why should they be involved in ECNL events?

What is a "golden ticket" team?

What makes Sparta FC Elite the best (i.e. have they beaten any ECNL teams of late)?


Just curious Wink

Hey there big ERN, sorry for the confusion. No beef with the talent of DA, JDL, or ECNL, many of which who have recruited and offered spots to girls on our roster. I am honestly just  at a loss how teams that Sparta has beaten or tied or rarely lose against , get placed in to compete against the higher ranked ECNL teams. I see you like proof so example one will be the FCD Showcase... Why doe they place South Texas Rise who Sparta is 1win and 2 ties against record wise, but dominated on the field are somehow place in the higher RED 1 bracket and Sparta in the RED 2 bracket against team that we have beaten time and time again? There is definitely nothing special about Rise to place them over Sparta. Then they place FCD Premier in a higher bracket who Sparta has beaten again and again outside of one game and who couldn't even advance out of their bracket in SRPL Championship tournament in the RED 1 bracket. Why not place the team who has won more and is more competitive in the higher bracket? Riddle me this? It absolutely makes no sense.... I know as being a part of a team who wants to play the best, I would not avoid playing them. We want to play the best but are rarely given the opportunity to.
To give you more proof when rarely given the opportunity we recently beat Challenge ECNL 02, barely lost 1-0 to D'feeters ECNL, Tied Challenge ECNL 02 and beat D’Feeters ECNL 03. We have beat many of the ECRL teams as well as the FDL teams who only switched names from when they were Lake Highland D1 teams. Now I am not saying that our record kills ECNL teams but we stand toe to toe with them when given the chance and I do not think ECNL Clubs like it so they purposely play lower placed teams than Sparta to keep their wins. Why not play the better team? I know we would rather do that than play the teams the have a lower record? I hope I cleared it up for you... There are many other tournaments to reference where this has happened if you do your research.

In what tournament did Sparta beat Challenge ECNL 02? I dont believe that, ive looked on Sparta Page and see no game other than DFeeters game.

Edit: Here's the link to the Texas Shootout last year and you played no ECNL team in that either..

Day Date Time Opponent Score Field Side
Saturday 06/02/2018 8:00AM CHALLENGE SC CHALLENGE 02 EAST 0:4
            06/02/2018 6:30PM CHALLENGE 02 CLEAR LAKE              4:0
Sunday 06/03/2018 1:00PM CLASSICS ELITE SA CE 02G BLUE       0:7

Sparta beat the team listed at Challenge ECNL 02 in the D'feeters Showcase in 2018 and tied them in 2017 0-0 while they were first place in ECNL standings in November 2017. We did not play any ECNL in the Texas shootout.... Let us compare apples to apples sccrprntsrcrazy, what team does you DD play for? Then we can compare a little more.....

Relax my friend im not trying to insult your Kid, just surprised that they where able to play with Challenge Ecnl team thats all. Im not into bragging about my DD team.

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 2423
Join date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain?

Post by BENDMEOVER on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:48 pm

Everything to lose and nothing to gain.

__________________________________________________
Pop goes the Weasel

https://youtu.be/1tBO8X2mh9Y
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 383
Points : 795
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum