North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

The REAL difference between DA and ECNL - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

The REAL difference between DA and ECNL

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The REAL difference between DA and ECNL - Page 2 Empty Re: The REAL difference between DA and ECNL

Post by KicknBalls 01/05/19, 02:41 pm

Knuckleball wrote:
918soccer wrote:Don’t know about GDA but many coaches don’t register for ECNL national events. 03 TSC Averaged more than 50 coaches per game in Florida but only 150ish coaches registered for the entire event.

This comparison has been discussed on the Southern California forum and the posters who attended both claim they are about the same.

On the Oklahoma board you claimed there were 700 college coaches in Florida.

918 seems to think he knows more than everyone on that OK board.

KicknBalls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

The REAL difference between DA and ECNL - Page 2 Empty Re: The REAL difference between DA and ECNL

Post by Soccerates01 01/05/19, 09:44 pm

Let’s do a case study in NTX.   Fcd and solar are only clubs that play in DA and ECNL. Both clubs  put their top players in DA with a few exceptions.
Now you tell me where the college coaches will recruit from.
Stupid topic
You are welcome
PLAYERONE wrote:Countless and tireless debates have transpired about the superiority of DA vs. the  ECNL path.   I believe there is one tangible tell all stat that has identified the state of the union NOW as well as where it is all headed.   I realize everyone has different goals in the beautiful game but if one desires to play college ball please make note of the following.  Earlier this month (April 2019) ECNL hosted a showcase for the girls side in Phoenix, conversely DA hosted a showcase in Denver just a few weeks later.    The number of colleges/recruiters represented are as follows.  Please go to respective websites to verify and validate to view the full list.  

ECNL:  147 Colleges

DA:  403 Colleges Shocked

I am sure the ECNL coaches will say something like the college recruiters like the gummy bears in CO. Razz

Soccerates01
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAYERONE 02/05/19, 01:37 am

Soccerates01 wrote:Let’s do a case study in NTX.   Fcd and solar are only clubs that play in DA and ECNL. Both clubs  put their top players in DA with a few exceptions.
Stupid topic
You are welcome
PLAYERONE wrote:Countless and tireless debates have transpired about the superiority of DA vs. the  ECNL path.   I believe there is one tangible tell all stat that has identified the state of the union NOW as well as where it is all headed.   I realize everyone has different goals in the beautiful game but if one desires to play college ball please make note of the following.  Earlier this month (April 2019) ECNL hosted a showcase for the girls side in Phoenix, conversely DA hosted a showcase in Denver just a few weeks later.    The number of colleges/recruiters represented are as follows.  Please go to respective websites to verify and validate to view the full list.  

ECNL:  147 Colleges

DA:  403 Colleges Shocked

I am sure the ECNL coaches will say something like the college recruiters like the gummy bears in CO. Razz

I think SR1 just named that tune, congratulations.

PLAYERONE
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 04/05/19, 10:52 am

The only difference is who's on the roster for the big game.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 05/05/19, 03:32 am

Soccerates01 wrote:Let’s do a case study in NTX.   Fcd and solar are only clubs that play in DA and ECNL. Both clubs  put their top players in DA with a few exceptions.

There are good teams in Frontier Conference and there are bad teams and not all teams are recruited equally just because they are in the same league. This is the same with ECNL, but the number of good teams in both leagues is shifting as clubs like Hawks, PDA, Slammers, Crossfire Premier, FC Stars, Eclipse, Concord Fire, NYCFC, Virginia Development Academy, Indiana Fire, Orlando City, Eastside FC and Eagles switch to ECNL.

To answer your question, I don't know if colleges will recruit more players from GDA or ECNL in NTX, but the rest of the country is clearly trending towards ECNL.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 05/05/19, 09:11 am

918soccer wrote:

There are good teams in Frontier Conference and there are bad teams and not all teams are recruited equally just because they are in the same league. This is the same with ECNL, but the number of good teams in both leagues is shifting as clubs like Hawks, PDA, Slammers, Crossfire Premier, FC Stars, Eclipse, Concord Fire, NYCFC, Virginia Development Academy, Indiana Fire, Orlando City, Eastside FC and Eagles switch to ECNL.

To answer your question, I don't know if colleges will recruit more players from GDA or ECNL in NTX, but the rest of the country is clearly trending towards ECNL.

While I agree NineEighteen that it's quite obvious the stronger teams that generally have better athletes, and clubs with a history of producing great talent will be recruited more heavily than those that don't --
Throwing out a bunch of club names that most around here have next to zero knowledge of (and quite a few are among "those that don't"), then claiming that "the rest of the country is clearly trending towards ECNL ...

C'mon now Son Laughing

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 05/05/19, 11:03 am

918soccer wrote:

Losing 5 of those mentioned actually makes DA stronger.

5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 06/05/19, 01:07 am

Big Ern wrote:
918soccer wrote:

While I agree NineEighteen that it's quite obvious the stronger teams that generally have better athletes, and clubs with a history of producing great talent will be recruited more heavily than those that don't --
Throwing out a bunch of club names that most around here have next to zero knowledge of (and quite a few are among "those that don't"), then claiming that "the rest of the country is clearly trending towards ECNL ...

C'mon now Son Laughing

5 of these clubs won their GDA conferences last year - Eclipse, NYCFC, PDA, Crossfire Premier and Slammers - out of 7 total conferences. So 5 of 7 Conference winners moved to ECNL. Throw in Hawks and Concord Fire who took second in their respective conferences and I submit that those 7 clubs alone are enough to suggest a clear trend towards ECNL with regard to quality in 5 of the 7 regions.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KicknBalls 06/05/19, 11:11 am

Big Ern wrote:
918soccer wrote:

C'mon now Son Laughing

918 is a TSC Hurricane Homer and bashes all leagues except ECNL.....TSC Hired Keyboard Troll

KicknBalls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 06/05/19, 11:52 am

918soccer wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
918soccer wrote:

C'mon now Son Laughing

5 of these clubs won their GDA conferences last year - Eclipse, NYCFC, PDA, Crossfire Premier and Slammers - out of 7 total conferences. So 5 of 7 Conference winners moved to ECNL. Throw in Hawks and Concord Fire who took second in their respective conferences and I submit that those 7 clubs alone are enough to suggest a clear trend towards ECNL with regard to quality in 5 of the 7 regions.

I certainly can't argue that the depth of either league is greater than the other but, myyy goodness Sir, you're basing your argument on winning a division ... and in just one of the age groups?!  As I mentioned before ... C'mon now Son -- Surely you considered looking at the playoff tables to form judgement as to who the stronger performing clubs were/are ... Didn't ya?

Looking back at the average finish for the U15 and U16/17 table from last year, you'd see the following:

Your top 7 that have now or are likely headed to ECNL 'All In" ...
PDA 4.5
Concorde 8
Eclipse 13
NYCFC 13
Slammers (did not have a second team with a playoff seeding)
Crossfire (same story)
Hawks (and again, same)

The top 7 from last year that are likely continuing in GDA ...
FC Dallas 2.5
San Jose 4
Tophat 5.5
Penn Fusion 7
FC Virginia 9
Legends 11
La Roca 17.5

Sooo ... If we're basing where things are 'trending' based last year's finish (which, in my opinion, is silly), it is purty clear isn't it NineEighteen?  pirat

And btw ... To clarify your uncertainty from a few days ago ... "Don’t know about GDA but many coaches don’t register for ECNL national events."  This goes for GDA as well --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/05/19, 01:33 pm

Who really cares?   You guys have been beating this dead horse for over a year now.  Is it that important?   Are the guys around the water cooler that impressed with whether or not your daughter plays in DA or ECNL?   If a definitive study comes out that states one league is better than the other, will you remove your daughter from the lower ranked league to put her in the higher ranked league?

To a certain extent, you are missing one of the main points of the article.   Do these organizations really have the best interest of the kids at heart or do they have their own interest at heart?  The same can be asked of the clubs and coaches.    Isn’t that really what we should be discussing?

On a final and different note, Big Ern, you posted a comment two months ago about many kids should not be paying for soccer because they are not good enough (“In my opinion, more than half of the 'competitive' soccer players out there paying club dues shouldn't be....”).   What other option do they have?   Should they just play rec?   Give up sports?  Not every child is as gifted as those blessed to play DA.   Just because a kid does not play in DA or ECNL it does not make them any less human.  Also, if you think those leagues are the only or best way to success (whatever that means), you really need to do some further examination.   To a certain extent, those leagues are part of the problem, not part of the solution.  (Big Ern, I do not know you.  You might be the nicest guy in the world - seriously, but there might be a reason people consider you arrogant.   As my mom once told me, if several people are telling you the same thing, they might be right.)

I should have kept my New Year’s resolution to stay off this board.  It has the potential for a lot of good, but the negatives far outweigh the positives (in my opinion).   Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 06/05/19, 02:01 pm

Guest wrote:Who really cares?   You guys have been beating this dead horse for over a year now.  Is it that important?   Are the guys around the water cooler that impressed with whether or not your daughter plays in DA or ECNL?   If a definitive study comes out that states one league is better than the other, will you remove your daughter from the lower ranked league to put her in the higher ranked league?

To a certain extent, you are missing one of the main points of the article.   Do these organizations really have the best interest of the kids at heart or do they have their own interest at heart?  The same can be asked of the clubs and coaches.    Isn’t that really what we should be discussing?

On a final and different note, Big Ern, you posted a comment two months ago about many kids should not be paying for soccer because they are not good enough (“In my opinion, more than half of the 'competitive' soccer players out there paying club dues shouldn't be....”).   What other option do they have?   Should they just play rec?   Give up sports?  Not every child is as gifted as those blessed to play DA.   Just because a kid does not play in DA or ECNL it does not make them any less human.  Also, if you think those leagues are the only or best way to success (whatever that means), you really need to do some further examination.   To a certain extent, those leagues are part of the problem, not part of the solution.  (Big Ern, I do not know you.  You might be the nicest guy in the world - seriously, but there might be a reason people consider you arrogant.   As my mom once told me, if several people are telling you the same thing, they might be right.)

I should have kept my New Year’s resolution to stay off this board.  It has the potential for a lot of good, but the negatives far outweigh the positives (in my opinion).   Good luck.

Exactly.

The CLUBS align, and change alignment based primarily on what they think is in the BEST INTEREST OF THE CLUB.  Be that control, revenue/cost, recruiting, competition, etc.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 06/05/19, 02:33 pm

Guest wrote:Who really cares?   You guys have been beating this dead horse for over a year now.  Is it that important?   Are the guys around the water cooler that impressed with whether or not your daughter plays in DA or ECNL?   If a definitive study comes out that states one league is better than the other, will you remove your daughter from the lower ranked league to put her in the higher ranked league?

Good post Guest and thanks for the well wishes  Very Happy

Who really cares?  I'm not sure exactly but guessing quite a few folks.  I can tell you that I'm not one of them.  This lil' bit today wasn't about which is better ... It was just quite obvious that NineEighteen was in need of some enlightenment given that he was so sure in his contention.  

Is it that important?  Not in my opinion.  I'd say that most of the elite kids make the decision as to which platform is best for them based on which they believe are the best vehicle to take advantage of to reach their goals.

Are the guys around the water cooler that impressed with whether or not your daughter plays in DA or ECNL?  Not sure on this one as I'm not often around water coolers, but I'd guess that yeah, some may be.

If a definitive study comes out that states one league is better than the other, will you remove your daughter from the lower ranked league to put her in the higher ranked league?  I can't speak for all, but in my case, no.  Again though ... If she is talented enough to have the choice, I doubt there are many parents placing the kid in one or the other.

Do these organizations really have the best interest of the kids at heart or do they have their own interest at heart?  Sure ... I believe both sides both believe that their focus is primarily on what's best for kids at the level they believe they are catering to.

The same can be asked of the clubs and coaches.  Isn’t that really what we should be discussing?  Since, the clubs and their coaches are more business minded operationally, I believe they make decisions more selfishly relative to the GDA and/or ECNL.  And of course ... If you look back a bit, I'd guess that is discussed more than the GDA vs ECNL topic ... especially more recently.

What other option do they have?   Should they just play rec?  Absofrigginlutely!  Why continue to feed the beast?

Give up sports?  No way!!!

Not every child is as gifted as those blessed to play DA.   Just because a kid does not play in DA or ECNL it does not make them any less human.  This statement is as ridiculous as it is plainly obvious.  

Also, if you think those leagues are the only or best way to success (whatever that means), you really need to do some further examination.  Don't think this, nor have I ever said it.  And trust me Sir ... I've done quite a bit of 'examining' Wink

You might be the nicest guy in the world - seriously, but there might be a reason people consider you arrogant.  While I do actually have a friend or two, I have flatly admitted that I can be construed as arrogant ... and?

It has the potential for a lot of good, but the negatives far outweigh the positives (in my opinion).  So a couple questions for you to close ... What tangible negatives does It have that can you come up with?  And ...

you are missing one of the main points of the article.  If this is directed to me, what point is it exactly that you think I'm missing?

Like I said ... fun post -- Thanks!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 06/05/19, 02:39 pm

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr 06/05/19, 03:07 pm

Is there a difference in the two relative to high school play or even, heaven forbid, playing another sport as well?

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/05/19, 03:49 pm

smugrr wrote:Is there a difference in the two relative to high school play or even, heaven forbid, playing another sport as well?

Yes.

ECNL has no restrictions - they leave it to the club/players to work it out.  In particular, in NTX, ECNL and the HS's have figured out how to peacefully co-exist for the most part.

DA currently has restrictions.  Last I knew, DA prohibited simultaneous participation in DA and another soccer league (i.e. HS or other club soccer league) or any other outside sports.  You can drop DA or take a leave of absence from DA to play HS, but I don't think the DA clubs are generally supportive of this.  Also, there are rumors floating around that DA may modify their restrictions in the future, as these restrictions seem to be one of the major reasons why several clubs have dropped DA to go "All In" on ECNL in the past 2 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 06/05/19, 03:57 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
smugrr wrote:Is there a difference in the two relative to high school play or even, heaven forbid, playing another sport as well?

Yes.

ECNL has no restrictions - they leave it to the club/players to work it out.  In particular, in NTX, ECNL and the HS's have figured out how to peacefully co-exist for the most part.

DA currently has restrictions.  Last I knew, DA prohibited simultaneous participation in DA and another soccer league (i.e. HS or other club soccer league) or any other outside sports.  You can drop DA or take a leave of absence from DA to play HS, but I don't think the DA clubs are generally supportive of this.  Also, there are rumors floating around that DA may modify their restrictions in the future, as these restrictions seem to be one of the major reasons why several clubs have dropped DA to go "All In" on ECNL in the past 2 years.

Gosh I hope so DTX!  

And I can't speak to the Boy's DA, but the way the rules are written, the girl's can participate in sports outside of soccer while participating in the DA program (although most club's coaches likely wouldn't allow for any interference with GDA activities if she wants to retain her roster spot).  Also, there are no 'in season' leave of absences if you do play soccer elsewhere.  If a participant chooses to do this, she cannot return to a GDA roster until July 1, or after the final match of her former team's year, whichever is later.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr 06/05/19, 04:05 pm

How does Futsal fit into this picture. Are Futsal teams separate and apart and governed by other groups?

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/05/19, 04:17 pm

smugrr wrote:How does Futsal fit into this picture. Are Futsal teams separate and apart and governed by other groups?

ECNL won't prohibit it and will leave it up to the coach/player.  Based on my experience, most ECNL Coaches probably wouldn't have a problem with it as long as it doesn't interfere with ECNL practices or games in any way.

DA - I can't and won't attempt to answer for.

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 06/05/19, 04:47 pm

Does DA or ECNL have any requirements on which porta potty you use or if you are required to wait till you get home.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/05/19, 05:19 pm

BENDMEOVER wrote:Does DA or ECNL have any requirements on which porta potty you use or if you are required to wait till you get home.

ECNL - has no restrictions on porta potty useage.

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 07/05/19, 07:30 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
BENDMEOVER wrote:Does DA or ECNL have any requirements on which porta potty you use or if you are required to wait till you get home.

ECNL - has no restrictions on porta potty useage.

I believe that for DA, players are limited to one full-time porta potty usage per day, and no more than 2 every 3 days.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 15/05/19, 07:00 pm

Has the porta potty signs been put up yet DA only or ECNL only. I got to take care of business.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 15/05/19, 09:37 pm

Well. I logged in for this? Now I remember why I left.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 15/05/19, 10:16 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:Well. I logged in for this? Now I remember why I left.

I feel ya KC ... But outside of the usual suspects mucking things up late in this ^ guy, it's a decent read -

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 16/05/19, 05:21 am

I got to know where to go.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next