Latest topics
When did the soccer world get smaller for you?Today at 11:35 amMansfieldmom
08G PreDAToday at 12:27 amtimmyh
New BVB 2011G Silver team in Carrollton adding playersYesterday at 10:50 pmreeck
Thoughts?Yesterday at 09:57 pma beautiful mind
Does any one know how are the pre DA team are doing?Yesterday at 03:51 pmadicto2141
TX Spirit 10 Khoury Yesterday at 12:32 pm06TXSpiritRedNorth
08 FC Dallas North Silver, Classic D219/01/20, 09:19 pmvmarchesoni
05B Looking to guest play 19/01/20, 06:54 pmResidentOne
Coppell FC 09B Looking for Goalkeeper & 1 Field Player18/01/20, 05:20 pmCoppellFC
Coppell FC 08B Williams Looking for 1-2 Players18/01/20, 04:56 pmCoppellFC
And it begins!18/01/20, 01:52 amBobsburger
12 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)17/01/20, 04:28 pmU90C
05 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)17/01/20, 04:27 pmU90C
07 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)17/01/20, 04:21 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)17/01/20, 04:20 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)17/01/20, 04:19 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)17/01/20, 04:18 pmU90C
06 Girls Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)17/01/20, 04:16 pmU90C
BVB 2010 Premier 17/01/20, 10:12 amClarkWGris
06 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)17/01/20, 09:44 amU90C
11 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Jan 30-Feb 2, 2020)17/01/20, 09:43 amU90C
Winter Cup The Colony 24-26th Jan16/01/20, 05:53 pmTriumph FC
Winter Cup The Colony 24th-26th Jan16/01/20, 05:50 pmTriumph FC
Winter Cup The Colony 24th-26th Jan16/01/20, 05:48 pmTriumph FC
Winter Cup The Colony 24th-26th Jan16/01/20, 05:47 pmTriumph FC
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14067 registered users
The newest registered user is soccer mom b

Our users have posted a total of 195625 messages in 27699 subjects

What is the big deal with LHGCL

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by BENDMEOVER on 16/08/19, 10:32 am

Looks like everyone that paid made it into the league did they hand everyone gold sheared trophies?

BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 505
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by Truthiness on 16/08/19, 01:46 pm

AnonymousCoward wrote:
rudekid1973 wrote:You are off on the Sting 07 ECNL.  They have a full roster and the 08s are not on it.
I believe she/he/it said "half of their 08s are rumored to be angling to play on their 07 ECNL team" -- not that they made the team.

TBH, there are more than a few of their 08s that are capable of /making/ that team -- but that ship has passed ... unless the old bait-and-switcheroo is used and some of the 07s are told they will only ever play with Kat in LH.

That is indeed what I meant.  As good as Sting teams usually are, the 07s are an exception and well behind all the other top teams in Texas.  If the losses start to pile up, I can see some changes being made.  And those ambitious 08s will be knocking on the door.

Tatu's saving grace may be that the Texas Conference 07 age group looks to be unusually weak. All of the top Texas (and Oklahoma) teams in this age group (except D'Feeters) are in the DA conference.  D'Feeters 07, who are as good as any of the DA teams, are possibly going to have a +100 goal differential in the ECNL conference.  So while the Sting 07s are much weaker than the typical Sting team and would be unlikely to win a single game in the Frontier DA conference, because of how the talent seems to have shaken out for the U13s in this region, they could do fairly well in the ECNL conference.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 46
Points : 322
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by smugrr on 16/08/19, 01:51 pm

Are Sting and D'Feeters not "members" of DA? Or was this a team or club decision? Gary R.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 196
Points : 1336
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by Truthiness on 16/08/19, 01:58 pm

smugrr wrote:Are Sting and D'Feeters not "members" of DA? Or was this a team or club decision? Gary R.

Both.  D'Feeters' application for the DA was turned down by US Soccer.  Sting was accepted, but instead leveraged the DA offer to get ECNL to give them a 2nd team (Sting Austin) in exchange for turning down the DA invite.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 46
Points : 322
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by smugrr on 16/08/19, 02:03 pm

And Solar in both?

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 196
Points : 1336
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by rudekid1973 on 16/08/19, 02:06 pm

Well I guess we will see how they do. I believe you will be surprised at the talent level of the sting 07 ECNL team. I think you are selling them short and probably without actually seeing them play.

Sent from Topic'it App

rudekid1973
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 31
Points : 2079
Join date : 2014-06-22

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by Truthiness on 16/08/19, 03:09 pm

smugrr wrote:And Solar in both?

Several top clubs around the country were allowed to do both (and almost every club requested to do both and were declined).
In order to keep the standards as high as possible, ECNL put out minimum requirements that teams must meet in order for a club to be allowed to put their 2nd teams into ECNL.  Some teams (FC Dallas) did not ultimately meet those standards.  Some teams (Solar) were able to meet the standards and, so far, have managed to keep both.


Last edited by Truthiness on 16/08/19, 03:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 46
Points : 322
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by Truthiness on 16/08/19, 03:14 pm

rudekid1973 wrote:Well I guess we will see how they do.  I believe you will be surprised at the talent level of the sting 07 ECNL team.  I think you are selling them short and probably without actually seeing them play.  

Sent from Topic'it App

Fair enough. I haven't seen them play yet this fall. The comments were based on the level of players that were in the Sting system last season (none of the Sting 07 teams were considered to be among the top 10 teams in Texas for their age group), and the understanding that they didn't pick up any new impact players from other clubs over the summer. I hope they develop and gel together and have a great season. If the continuous success of most all the older teams are any indication, they'll prove me wrong. I hope they do and wish them success.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 46
Points : 322
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by cenTex on 16/08/19, 03:25 pm

rudekid1973 wrote:Well I guess we will see how they do.  I believe you will be surprised at the talent level of the sting 07 ECNL team.  I think you are selling them short and probably without actually seeing them play.  

Sent from Topic'it App

Sting 07 ECNL would get blasted by every single one of the 07 DA teams. Solar and FCD are among the top teams in the country. Lonestar, Texans, Dash, and OK Energy are all also among the top 50 teams in the country. The only 07 team in ECNL that isn't likely to lose by 2+ goals to any of the 07 DA teams is D'Feeters.

In fact, Sting's 08 team is better than their 07 ECNL team.

cenTex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 51
Points : 948
Join date : 2017-08-15

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by rudekid1973 on 16/08/19, 03:30 pm

You have this opinion because you have seen them play? Nope. You haven’t. And no the 08s are not better. Seen them both first hand. Also the 07s are playing the OK Energy DA team this weekend as a scrimmage so I will let you know how that goes. Funny how you have an uninformed opinion when Tatu himself has no idea what he has either. You must be a soccer god.

Sent from Topic'it App

rudekid1973
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 31
Points : 2079
Join date : 2014-06-22

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by Truthiness on 16/08/19, 04:45 pm

rudekid1973 wrote:You have this opinion because you have seen them play?  Nope.  You haven’t.  And no the 08s are not better.  Seen them both first hand.  Also the 07s are playing the OK Energy DA team this weekend as a scrimmage so I will let you know how that goes.  Funny how you have an uninformed opinion when Tatu himself has no idea what he has either.  You must be a soccer god.  

Sent from Topic'it App

I hope they do well for two reasons.
One, I always root for the local team, especially the underdog. And two, Tatu doesn't take kindly to losing and my heart goes out to any 12 year old who isn't fully prepared for his verbal abuse.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 46
Points : 322
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by BENDMEOVER on 16/08/19, 05:14 pm

Everybody can feel good about themselves these days.

__________________________________________________
That’s just history. It’s tradition. They don’t like us, we don’t like them. They throw horns up, we throw them down,” former Oklahoma safety Roy Williams said. “I guess you can take it as disrespect, but who gives a rat’s ass? This is football. If you’re hurt because we’re throwing the horns down, stop allowing us to beat your ass.”
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 505
Points : 1173
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by rudekid1973 on 18/08/19, 04:47 pm

Truthiness wrote:
rudekid1973 wrote:You have this opinion because you have seen them play?  Nope.  You haven’t.  And no the 08s are not better.  Seen them both first hand.  Also the 07s are playing the OK Energy DA team this weekend as a scrimmage so I will let you know how that goes.  Funny how you have an uninformed opinion when Tatu himself has no idea what he has either.  You must be a soccer god.  

Sent from Topic'it App

I hope they do well for two reasons.  
One, I always root for the local team, especially the underdog.  And two, Tatu doesn't take kindly to losing and my heart goes out to any 12 year old who isn't fully prepared for his verbal abuse.


They lost 3-1 to OK Energy FC DA (https://youthsoccerrankings.us/team.html?teamId=1869842). Not near the beating most predicted against a solid team that beat the Texan DA team in the Copa. See you on the Pitch!!

rudekid1973
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 31
Points : 2079
Join date : 2014-06-22

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by cenTex on 18/08/19, 05:39 pm

rudekid1973 wrote:
Truthiness wrote:
rudekid1973 wrote:You have this opinion because you have seen them play?  Nope.  You haven’t.  And no the 08s are not better.  Seen them both first hand.  Also the 07s are playing the OK Energy DA team this weekend as a scrimmage so I will let you know how that goes.  Funny how you have an uninformed opinion when Tatu himself has no idea what he has either.  You must be a soccer god.  

Sent from Topic'it App

I hope they do well for two reasons.  
One, I always root for the local team, especially the underdog.  And two, Tatu doesn't take kindly to losing and my heart goes out to any 12 year old who isn't fully prepared for his verbal abuse.


They lost 3-1 to OK Energy FC DA  (https://youthsoccerrankings.us/team.html?teamId=1869842).  Not near the beating most predicted against a solid team that beat the Texan DA team in the Copa.  See you on the Pitch!!

Pretty much as expected (in Supercopa they all their best 07s...today some of Energy's top 07s instead played up with the 06s).
Except for DFeeters, all of the 07 ECNL teams are at best a couple of goals worse than all the 07 DA teams. I hesitate to call it a trend or harbinger of the future, but it is odd how things shook out for this age group with DA attracting almost all of the top talent in Texas.

cenTex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 51
Points : 948
Join date : 2017-08-15

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by rudekid1973 on 18/08/19, 05:47 pm

Pretty much expected....funny. On this very thread you said they would get blasted. And I knew someone would get on here and poo poo the fact that they didn’t get blasted. And right on time here you are...

DA vs ECNL debate is alive and well and we have found our DA promoter.....

Sent from Topic'it App

rudekid1973
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 31
Points : 2079
Join date : 2014-06-22

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by BENDMEOVER on 18/08/19, 06:35 pm

When it rains it pours. The big new for poor LH.

__________________________________________________
That’s just history. It’s tradition. They don’t like us, we don’t like them. They throw horns up, we throw them down,” former Oklahoma safety Roy Williams said. “I guess you can take it as disrespect, but who gives a rat’s ass? This is football. If you’re hurt because we’re throwing the horns down, stop allowing us to beat your ass.”
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 505
Points : 1173
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by cenTex on 18/08/19, 07:32 pm

cenTex wrote:
rudekid1973 wrote:
Truthiness wrote:
rudekid1973 wrote:You have this opinion because you have seen them play?  Nope.  You haven’t.  And no the 08s are not better.  Seen them both first hand.  Also the 07s are playing the OK Energy DA team this weekend as a scrimmage so I will let you know how that goes.  Funny how you have an uninformed opinion when Tatu himself has no idea what he has either.  You must be a soccer god.  

Sent from Topic'it App

I hope they do well for two reasons.  
One, I always root for the local team, especially the underdog.  And two, Tatu doesn't take kindly to losing and my heart goes out to any 12 year old who isn't fully prepared for his verbal abuse.


They lost 3-1 to OK Energy FC DA  (https://youthsoccerrankings.us/team.html?teamId=1869842).  Not near the beating most predicted against a solid team that beat the Texan DA team in the Copa.  See you on the Pitch!!

Pretty much as expected (in Supercopa they all their best 07s...today some of Energy's top 07s instead played up with the 06s).  
Except for DFeeters, all of the 07 ECNL teams are at best a couple of goals worse than all the 07 DA teams. I hesitate to call it a trend or harbinger of the future, but it is odd how things shook out for this age group with DA attracting almost all of the top talent in Texas.

I said they would lose by 2+, and they did. And OK Energy didn't have their top 07s at the game.
I guess you can be excited they kept it within laughing distance of the worst 07DA team, but my original post is 100% spot on, and today was further evidence of it.

cenTex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 51
Points : 948
Join date : 2017-08-15

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by rudekid1973 on 18/08/19, 08:35 pm

Meh. Go preach your DA gospel elsewhere.

And since when being “blasted” as you put it means losing by 2 goals.

I think that is a little off there buddy.

Good luck!!

Done.

Sent from Topic'it App

rudekid1973
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 31
Points : 2079
Join date : 2014-06-22

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by cenTex on 18/08/19, 11:44 pm

rudekid1973 wrote:

DA vs ECNL debate is alive and well and we have found our DA promoter.....


Debate? That has long since been settled in Texas.  The 07 age group just oddly happens to be even more lopsided than most all the older age groups. There's only one of the nine 07 ECNL teams that would be remotely competitive in the DA Frontier conference.

And no, I am not a DA fan girl. I would prefer that they let the 99% of kids who aren't YNT caliber all play high school soccer.

cenTex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 51
Points : 948
Join date : 2017-08-15

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by Truthiness on 19/08/19, 12:20 am

The only reason the 07 DA conference is so good is because Dash, Texans, and OK Energy aren't putting out their usual substandard teams. FCD and Solar have their typical pretty great teams. Lonestar has their typical pretty good team. But the three DA bottom feeders have some pretty good squads for the age group,which isn't typical.
I wouldn't read to much into it. They are 12 years old, right? Things will change a lot over the next couple of years. Maybe a lot of those girls will decide they want to play in high school.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 46
Points : 322
Join date : 2019-04-30

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by rudekid1973 on 19/08/19, 06:15 am

cenTex wrote:

DA vs ECNL debate is alive and well and we have found our DA promoter.....



Debate? That has long since been settled in Texas.  The 07 age group just oddly happens to be even more lopsided than most all the older age groups. There's only one of the nine 07 ECNL teams that would be remotely competitive in the DA Frontier conference.

And no, I am not a DA fan girl. I would prefer that they let the 99% of kids who aren't YNT caliber all play high school soccer.


I love baseless statements like this one. Love them.



Sent from Topic'it App

rudekid1973
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 31
Points : 2079
Join date : 2014-06-22

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by cenTex on 19/08/19, 09:47 am

rudekid1973 wrote:
cenTex wrote:

DA vs ECNL debate is alive and well and we have found our DA promoter.....



Debate? That has long since been settled in Texas.  The 07 age group just oddly happens to be even more lopsided than most all the older age groups. There's only one of the nine 07 ECNL teams that would be remotely competitive in the DA Frontier conference.

And no, I am not a DA fan girl. I would prefer that they let the 99% of kids who aren't YNT caliber all play high school soccer.


I love baseless statements like this one. Love them.  



Sent from Topic'it App

Glad you enjoy it.  You can try and refute it if you want.  You'll be wrong, but I enjoy a good debate.  Smile
 
While I think most of the 07 Texas Conference ECNL teams are all playing for 2nd behind Feet, it wouldn't surprise me if Sting is a playoff contender.  I genuinely hope things go well and good luck with the season.

cenTex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 51
Points : 948
Join date : 2017-08-15

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by smugrr on 19/08/19, 01:22 pm

Do the full DA rules apply at U13? IE, more practice and no outside sports?

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 196
Points : 1336
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by smugrr on 19/08/19, 01:25 pm

No schedules out on their website even though first games this weekend.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 196
Points : 1336
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by 07soccerdad on 19/08/19, 01:50 pm

smugrr wrote:Do the full DA rules apply at U13? IE, more practice and no outside sports?

Yes, there are more practices at u13 (3-4 times per week). Yes, kids can still play outside sports at this age - as long as there are no conflicts (I have not heard otherwise)

07soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 44
Points : 1530
Join date : 2015-12-30

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa on 20/08/19, 08:26 am

From my perspective, Sting '07 has been in an unusual position. First, Sting got a late start on the '07s for some reason. Tatu seemed to turn that around, but Tatu and Glotzbach were splitting the top Sting talent -- and Heinz (what happened to Heinz, by the way) actually had a pretty good team as well but didn't play LH in u11.

My point is not that any of those teams could compete in DA, but that if they combine and consolidate the Sting talent, with a little time to play together, they might get there. I assume Tatu's team is not the same team that played last season. Can 3 top 20 teams combine to make one top 10 team? We'll see.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 68
Points : 989
Join date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

What is the big deal with LHGCL - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the big deal with LHGCL

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum