North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

FCD DisArray? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

FCD DisArray?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

FCD DisArray? Empty FCD DisArray?

Post by SoccerVeteran 22/05/19, 03:19 am

As we all know, May can be a month of transition in this crazy soccer world. This year in particular is a critical year for development for my dd and we want to make wise decisions.

We would appreciate any fact-based information on the DA situation over at FC Dallas. And, specifically as it relates to Coach Chris Ring.

We have heard that Coach Ring has been formally reprimanded (maybe sanctioned?) by the governing body of the DA. I have heard the same about one of his parents and that his sidelines and team chemistry are described as 'toxic'. Can anyone please tell me if this is fact or fiction?

SoccerVeteran
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

FCD DisArray? Empty Re: FCD DisArray?

Post by NTXSoccaDad 22/05/19, 07:33 am

Can you please post your question on the facebook page so everyone knows who's asking?  

Here is a link so you can post quickly https://www.facebook.com/groups/371873969919087/

NTXSoccaDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 22/05/19, 07:40 am

Why does it matter who's asking?  

I think what's more important is - is it true?

I'll throw in - was FC Dallas provided notice that they were kicked out of ECNL?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Schalke_and_Awe 22/05/19, 07:56 am

SickofStupidity wrote:Why does it matter who's asking?  

I'll throw in - was FC Dallas provided notice that they were kicked out of ECNL?

Phrases like “We have heard“ and “I have heard” are useless without context. This is rumor spreading and gossip unless OP wants to provide how they heard. I know that is par for the course around here, but still...

The answer to your second question is yes. A better question is has the club notified the parents?

Last edited by Schalke_and_Awe on 22/05/19, 07:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added information)

Schalke_and_Awe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Sez 22/05/19, 08:00 am

Chris is a fine lad. I see nothing wrong with the way he conducts himself. Believe me when I tell you his sideline is anything but toxic. The originator of this thread should be reprimanded for asking stupid questions.

Chris, I've sent you me resume and cover letter.

Simon Sez
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 22/05/19, 08:08 am

Schalke_and_Awe wrote:

Phrases like “We have heard“ and “I have heard” are useless without context. This is rumor spreading and gossip unless OP wants to provide how they heard. I know that is par for the course around here, but still...

The answer to your second question is yes. A better question is has the club notified the parents?

That's fair, and yet I don't expect FC Dallas or anyone associated to come forward with that information voluntarily, do you?

"Transparent" and "club soccer" are not words you generally see in the same sentence.

Odds that original poster simply made it all up?

Has the club notified parents?  I know some who are unaware, but they could just be living under a rock.  The FC Dallas web site still has contact / registration information for ECNL.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffins BFF 22/05/19, 08:56 am

[quote="Schalke_and_Awe"]

This is ridiculous...its only rumor if its not true, nor is it spreading rumors when asking if the information is true. The OP requested fact-based information, implying they are suspicious of rumor as well. If you choose to blindly follow a coach/club that's on you. Its a valid question to ask, especially this time of year.

Brian Griffins BFF
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoNoNo 22/05/19, 09:07 am

SoccerVeteran wrote:As we all know, May can be a month of transition in this crazy soccer world.  This year in particular is a critical year for development for my dd and we want to make wise decisions.

We would appreciate any fact-based information on the DA situation over at FC Dallas.  And, specifically as it relates to Coach Chris Ring.

We have heard that Coach Ring has been formally reprimanded (maybe sanctioned?) by the governing body of the DA.  I have heard the same about one of his parents and that his sidelines and team chemistry are described as 'toxic'.  Can anyone please tell me if this is fact or fiction?

Yes he has had multiple complaints to the federation & been written up
Yes the manager, parents & environment are toxic

Last edited by NoNoNo on 22/05/19, 09:13 am; edited 2 times in total

NoNoNo
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Schalke_and_Awe 22/05/19, 09:10 am

It’s literally gossip if you aren’t providing at least a few facts as to where the “rumor” came from. Are you new to the internet? OP may have just heard it from another parent....who heard it from another parent....If OP stated the original source was an FC Dallas administrator then that would provide the context I mentioned.

Schalke_and_Awe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 22/05/19, 09:34 am

What does it all mean?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rudekid1973 22/05/19, 09:53 am

FC Dallas had until the end of the month to be all in with ECNL or get out. That came from coaches in the club not rumor.

rudekid1973
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/05/19, 09:55 am

My DD is a starter on this team. Nothing could be farther from the truth. CR is a great coach. Sure, he can get a little heated at times, but compared to the whackadoodle over at Sting, he’s a teddy bear. Love, love, love this coach. Sideline is fine, especially the parents of the starters. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/05/19, 10:00 am

My DD played for this team last year and barely got off the bench. Everything the OP listed is spot on. CR is a grade A, class 1, A$$ and shouldn't be allowed within 500 yards of a soccer field, elementary school, or animal shelter. The parents are a bunch of overindulged, self-important, screamers who have no clue about the laws of the game, how to act on a sideline, parent their children, or properly mix cocktails. Run away, and run away F-A-S-T!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 22/05/19, 10:03 am

[quote="NTXSoccaDad"]Can you please post your question on the facebook page so everyone knows who's asking?  

Here is a link (or not) so you can post quickly

Why would anyone in their right mind post anything to Facebook?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 22/05/19, 10:28 am

What does it all mean?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by YoQuieroSoccer 22/05/19, 10:44 am

So if i understand this correctly, FC Dallas has to choose between ECNL or DA but no one wants to say where it was written or heard?
YoQuieroSoccer
YoQuieroSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 22/05/19, 10:47 am

YoQuieroSoccer wrote:So if i understand this correctly, FC Dallas has to choose between ECNL or DA but no one wants to say where it was written or heard?

That, or they didn't meet the requirements placed on them by ECNL and the decision is no longer theirs.

Potatoe . . . Potato

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerVeteran 22/05/19, 10:51 am

OK, I admit some of the posts are funny, but honestly we are just trying to understand why US Soccer would sanction or reprimand the guy.  I'm not looking to put my dd in a culture of crazies or the like.

Anyone know what behavior he was written up for?  Anyone know if the 'toxic' parent or parents will still be on that team?

One more thing I see is that his 06's used A LOT of PT players over the course of the season in reading their Game Reports.  Does he shuttle a lot of new kids in and out?  

I also see on his 05s that he started with 21 players and last game he was down to 14.  So, if my math is correct, he has lost 1/3rd of his original roster?  That is a bit concerning.

Again, just looking for facts to make an informed decision.  PM me if more appropriate.

Thank you and good luck to everyone in their '19-'20 decisions.

SoccerVeteran
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 22/05/19, 11:00 am

SoccerVeteran wrote:OK, I admit some of the posts are funny, but honestly we are just trying to understand why US Soccer would sanction or reprimand the guy.  I'm not looking to put my dd in a culture of crazies or the like.

Anyone know what behavior he was written up for?  Anyone know if the 'toxic' parent or parents will still be on that team?

One more thing I see is that his 06's used A LOT of PT players over the course of the season in reading their Game Reports.  Does he shuttle a lot of new kids in and out?  

I also see on his 05s that he started with 21 players and last game he was down to 14.  So, if my math is correct, he has lost 1/3rd of his original roster?  That is a bit concerning.

Again, just looking for facts to make an informed decision.  PM me if more appropriate.

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 22/05/19, 11:08 am

SoccerVeteran wrote:OK, I admit some of the posts are funny, but honestly we are just trying to understand why US Soccer would sanction or reprimand the guy.  I'm not looking to put my dd in a culture of crazies or the like.

All facts. Right in front of you. Yes all the “toxic” parents are still there. The manager is the biggest one to watch out for

goscore!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySoccerParent 22/05/19, 11:12 am

ECNL 2019-2020 club map missing a few DA clubs, FC Dallas officially out of ECNL it appears. https://toq6dn5q7q7tsrs5-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2019-20-Girls-ECNL-Club-Map-May-21-2019.001.jpeg

CrazySoccerParent
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/05/19, 11:17 am

In all honesty, it sounds to me like you already know what your decision is, or should be, and are just looking for someone to talk you out of it. Not a good place to be my friend. Go with your gut. Don’t listen to any of us.

Call up the coach and ask him very direct questions. If you are afraid of how he will take that, and whether there will be repercussions for your kid, well, then you already know your answer, don’t you.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 22/05/19, 11:21 am

I hear FCD is looking at Simon Annis to fill the second FDL team spot. Can anyone provide me some information on this coach.

The Floor Is Lava
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

FCD DisArray? Empty Probably right

Post by SoccerVeteran 22/05/19, 11:27 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:

In all honesty, it sounds to me like you already know what your decision is, or should be, and are just looking for someone to talk you out of it.  Not a good place to be my friend.  Go with your gut.  Don’t listen to any of us.

Call up the coach and ask him very direct questions.  If you are afraid of how he will take that, and whether there will be repercussions for your kid, well, then you already know your answer, don’t you.

DTC, you are probably right.  I guess I was hoping it wasn't the case.  My gut tells me something is rotten is Denmark.

SoccerVeteran
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 22/05/19, 11:28 am

Sounds like you already know your answer based on your observations & questions.

More likely to get opinions than facts and any 'Facts' provided may or may not be true.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum