Latest topics
Thoughts?Today at 10:14 pm7WhiskeyPapa
GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - LAST DAYS TO REGISTERToday at 03:10 pmmusaisaya
Solar East 11G Williamson - Looking to Add PlayersToday at 02:06 pmbjwaustin
Age Pure Still SucksToday at 11:05 amschmuck
Top 10 G2010 teams for North TexasYesterday at 04:00 pmluis andres
Looking for U10/U11B teams in Dallas/WhiteRock Lake areaYesterday at 11:53 amFanof21527
Renegades Vaughn 2011 G11/12/19, 08:16 pmroger@renegades
07G RISE8/AGSC SC Looking t/add 2 players to roster ROCKWALL11/12/19, 06:32 amCccrushers
07G RISE8/AGSC SC Looking t/add 2 players to roster ROCKWALL11/12/19, 06:30 amCccrushers
PIT+ Elite Invitational Spring 2020 11/12/19, 06:19 amNicoleJames
PIT+ League Elite Spring 2020 Registration now OPEN11/12/19, 06:15 amNicoleJames
Winter II Futsal League10/12/19, 12:05 pmcityfutsal
REGISTRATIONDEADLINE APPROACHING - TEXAS WINTER CLASSIC10/12/19, 10:31 amGreenmachine
Free Renegades Soccer Parent's Night Out This Friday09/12/19, 02:26 pmsbarton12
Free Renegades Soccer Parent's Night Out This Friday09/12/19, 02:25 pmsbarton12
TOURNAMENT: U90C HILL COUNTRY CLASSIC - AUSTIN - Jan. 24-26,09/12/19, 01:08 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C SPRING KICKOFF - Jan 30-Feb 2, 202009/12/19, 01:04 pmU90C
DKSC 10s Colón09/12/19, 01:11 ampingo99
DKSC 12s Colón Looking to add!09/12/19, 01:06 ampingo99
Rec Players looking for Competitive team08/12/19, 10:41 pmmikecorich
Rec Players looking for Competitive team08/12/19, 10:40 pmmikecorich
FC Dallas 2011 Girls Coach Luna: Seeking Additional Players08/12/19, 08:08 pmFCD11G
1 2005 Team needed- City Classic (Play for Free)08/12/19, 04:25 pmTexasCup
1 2008 Team needed- City Classic (Play for Free)08/12/19, 04:21 pmTexasCup
1 2009 Team needed- City Classic (Play for Free)08/12/19, 04:16 pmTexasCup
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Competitive Soccer has lost it's way - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14034 registered users
The newest registered user is cash7320

Our users have posted a total of 195207 messages in 27560 subjects

Competitive Soccer has lost it's way

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Competitive Soccer has lost it's way - Page 2 Empty Re: Competitive Soccer has lost it's way

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 07/06/19, 11:00 pm



#MAGA

Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 181
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

Competitive Soccer has lost it's way - Page 2 Empty Re: Competitive Soccer has lost it's way

Post by BENDMEOVER on 21/06/19, 12:51 pm


__________________________________________________
That’s just history. It’s tradition. They don’t like us, we don’t like them. They throw horns up, we throw them down,” former Oklahoma safety Roy Williams said. “I guess you can take it as disrespect, but who gives a rat’s ass? This is football. If you’re hurt because we’re throwing the horns down, stop allowing us to beat your ass.”
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 504
Points : 1134
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Competitive Soccer has lost it's way - Page 2 Empty Re: Competitive Soccer has lost it's way

Post by Foxysoccermom on 21/06/19, 02:55 pm

CardinalRule wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:My work is done here.  I am officially passing the torch on to Truthiness.  He/She clearly gets it.

The solution is:

1) Solar drops out of ECNL, Texans drops out of DA and goes back to ECNL

2) FCD/Solar/Texans/Sting/D'Feeters stop their territorial pissing contest, and put together their own league under US Club where they place their #2 & #3 teams from each age group.  Play each team 2x for an 18 game season.  League winner gets access into US Club NPL playoffs.  Teams stay sharp by playing relative good competition in league matches, without having to travel out of the Metroplex, and are then free to participate in whatever college showcases they desire and can get into.

Let the individual clubs figure out how to use these teams as potential feeders into either their DA or ECNL teams.

Everyone else can go play LHGCL and feed into USYSA FCL, and play whatever showcases they choose.

Of course:
a) Solar will never voluntarily give up ECNL
b) Texans will never voluntarily agree to leave DA and go back to ECNL
c)  All of the other non-DA/non-ECNL clubs in NTX will be pissed that they are excluded from the DA/ECNL club's league (but I don't really know what that would matter because it's really no different than the current situation with the #2/#3 teams from those clubs already playing in DPL/ECRL/NPL's).

So it's really probably just a moot point, because the individual clubs are going to act according to what they see will best stabilize/expand their footprints, not by what would best serve the overall market, and I don't see parents banding together in any meaningful way that will Dribble change via their pocketbooks.

I'm with you douche, we need to immediately disband the free market system and choice of consumers.  They make all of our lives worse.  

Come on now, free markets are sometimes messy, but they MOST often work themselves out over time and find equilibrium.  This is going to take a few years to sort out.  Women's club sports are still finding their way.  I like all the new options...It actually feels like we have a choice instead of the "old days" Rec, Classic League or ECNL.  



Cardi thinks capitalism is pimpin all the ho’s on the block because he killed the other pimps. No competition fair n square.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 714
Points : 1819
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Competitive Soccer has lost it's way - Page 2 Empty Re: Competitive Soccer has lost it's way

Post by Foxysoccermom on 21/06/19, 02:58 pm

Lefty wrote:
Truthiness wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Truthiness wrote:
eagle11 wrote:The DPL league was probably the closest your going to get until they added the 2 CO clubs. If there wasn't the struggle between DA/ECNL you could have added teams from Sting and D'Feeters, possibly Albion, Challenge, and RISE and had a really strong "Texas" league. There still would be some travel involved but would be a strong "2nd Tier" behind DA/ECNL.  It takes the leadership of each of these clubs to come together to determine what is best for the kids and families and for families to decide what path is best for them.



But why even have these teams travel to Houston or Austin to play their 2nd and 3rd teams?  There are better teams here in Dallas.

A "Texas League" is the problem, not the solution.

Outside of about 4 teams per age group, a "Dallas League" supplemented with showcase tournaments for travel is superior in every single way to any other option. Expenses. Competition. Time. Opportunity Costs. College Asperations. Etc.


Agreed - but nowhere near enough parents to stand up and say "we play local or we walk" (and mean it) to drive any meaningful change.

That option doesn't really exist right now for kids with dreams of playing with other higher level players with similar dreams of playing in college.  Your typical Lake Highlands team in 2020 can't provide that. Parents and kids sign up for whatever format will best fulfill whatever their goals may be.  Nowadays that likely means joining  a team in a Travel League.

I submit it is up to the leadership in DFW soccer to step back and seek to provide a more provide a sensible format. Parents and kids can't do what you suggest. It would require a critical mass of teams and clubs to "walk."

Who do you think this is?

The clubs are all independent businesses looking to maximize their revenue, influence & control?

The model you reference existed years ago, and was LHGCL D1, D2, D3 with Premier League for the top few teams.

Problem with that system was that it was a totally transparent, pure meritocracy, based on results, and made it very clear to everyone who the top teams were each year.  

With the current system that problem has been alleviated and there are now many 'top teams' in many leagues which keeps a larger number of paying customers (parents) happier and provides for good water cooler talk about places the team traveled and the leagues they won.


Lefty wins the coveted “foxy agrees” award.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 714
Points : 1819
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Competitive Soccer has lost it's way - Page 2 Empty Re: Competitive Soccer has lost it's way

Post by Foxysoccermom on 21/06/19, 03:02 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
CardinalRule wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:My work is done here.  I am officially passing the torch on to Truthiness.  He/She clearly gets it.

The solution is:

1) Solar drops out of ECNL, Texans drops out of DA and goes back to ECNL

2) FCD/Solar/Texans/Sting/D'Feeters stop their territorial pissing contest, and put together their own league under US Club where they place their #2 & #3 teams from each age group.  Play each team 2x for an 18 game season.  League winner gets access into US Club NPL playoffs.  Teams stay sharp by playing relative good competition in league matches, without having to travel out of the Metroplex, and are then free to participate in whatever college showcases they desire and can get into.

Let the individual clubs figure out how to use these teams as potential feeders into either their DA or ECNL teams.

Everyone else can go play LHGCL and feed into USYSA FCL, and play whatever showcases they choose.

Of course:
a) Solar will never voluntarily give up ECNL
b) Texans will never voluntarily agree to leave DA and go back to ECNL
c)  All of the other non-DA/non-ECNL clubs in NTX will be pissed that they are excluded from the DA/ECNL club's league (but I don't really know what that would matter because it's really no different than the current situation with the #2/#3 teams from those clubs already playing in DPL/ECRL/NPL's).

So it's really probably just a moot point, because the individual clubs are going to act according to what they see will best stabilize/expand their footprints, not by what would best serve the overall market, and I don't see parents banding together in any meaningful way that will Dribble change via their pocketbooks.

I'm with you douche, we need to immediately disband the free market system and choice of consumers.  They make all of our lives worse.  

Come on now, free markets are sometimes messy, but they MOST often work themselves out over time and find equilibrium.  This is going to take a few years to sort out.  Women's club sports are still finding their way.  I like all the new options...It actually feels like we have a choice instead of the "old days" Rec, Classic League or ECNL.  


Oh, for sure today’s system is a Republican Capitalist dream.  Total deregulation free market.

Unlike the old days when the Democrats of NTSSA and LHGCL controlled everything with all kinds of roster and league restrictions and regulations to at least appear to try to put the poor clubs on a level pitch with the rich clubs.  

Consider my plan the Kasich/Biden plan.  A compromise negotiated by a couple of moderates that no one will be completely happy with, but would actually best serve the overall populace.


What about those illegals reffing the games. That’s the real problem! They stole those jobs from 15 year old Collin county kids.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 714
Points : 1819
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Competitive Soccer has lost it's way - Page 2 Empty Re: Competitive Soccer has lost it's way

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 21/06/19, 03:26 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
CardinalRule wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:My work is done here.  I am officially passing the torch on to Truthiness.  He/She clearly gets it.

The solution is:

1) Solar drops out of ECNL, Texans drops out of DA and goes back to ECNL

2) FCD/Solar/Texans/Sting/D'Feeters stop their territorial pissing contest, and put together their own league under US Club where they place their #2 & #3 teams from each age group.  Play each team 2x for an 18 game season.  League winner gets access into US Club NPL playoffs.  Teams stay sharp by playing relative good competition in league matches, without having to travel out of the Metroplex, and are then free to participate in whatever college showcases they desire and can get into.

Let the individual clubs figure out how to use these teams as potential feeders into either their DA or ECNL teams.

Everyone else can go play LHGCL and feed into USYSA FCL, and play whatever showcases they choose.

Of course:
a) Solar will never voluntarily give up ECNL
b) Texans will never voluntarily agree to leave DA and go back to ECNL
c)  All of the other non-DA/non-ECNL clubs in NTX will be pissed that they are excluded from the DA/ECNL club's league (but I don't really know what that would matter because it's really no different than the current situation with the #2/#3 teams from those clubs already playing in DPL/ECRL/NPL's).

So it's really probably just a moot point, because the individual clubs are going to act according to what they see will best stabilize/expand their footprints, not by what would best serve the overall market, and I don't see parents banding together in any meaningful way that will Dribble change via their pocketbooks.

I'm with you douche, we need to immediately disband the free market system and choice of consumers.  They make all of our lives worse.  

Come on now, free markets are sometimes messy, but they MOST often work themselves out over time and find equilibrium.  This is going to take a few years to sort out.  Women's club sports are still finding their way.  I like all the new options...It actually feels like we have a choice instead of the "old days" Rec, Classic League or ECNL.  


Oh, for sure today’s system is a Republican Capitalist dream.  Total deregulation free market.

Unlike the old days when the Democrats of NTSSA and LHGCL controlled everything with all kinds of roster and league restrictions and regulations to at least appear to try to put the poor clubs on a level pitch with the rich clubs.  

Consider my plan the Kasich/Biden plan.  A compromise negotiated by a couple of moderates that no one will be completely happy with, but would actually best serve the overall populace.


What about those illegals reffing the games. That’s the real problem!  They stole those jobs from 15 year old Collin county kids.



#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 181
Points : 1661
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

Competitive Soccer has lost it's way - Page 2 Empty Re: Competitive Soccer has lost it's way

Post by Lefty on 21/06/19, 03:41 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
Lefty wrote:
Truthiness wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Truthiness wrote:
eagle11 wrote:The DPL league was probably the closest your going to get until they added the 2 CO clubs. If there wasn't the struggle between DA/ECNL you could have added teams from Sting and D'Feeters, possibly Albion, Challenge, and RISE and had a really strong "Texas" league. There still would be some travel involved but would be a strong "2nd Tier" behind DA/ECNL.  It takes the leadership of each of these clubs to come together to determine what is best for the kids and families and for families to decide what path is best for them.



But why even have these teams travel to Houston or Austin to play their 2nd and 3rd teams?  There are better teams here in Dallas.

A "Texas League" is the problem, not the solution.

Outside of about 4 teams per age group, a "Dallas League" supplemented with showcase tournaments for travel is superior in every single way to any other option. Expenses. Competition. Time. Opportunity Costs. College Asperations. Etc.


Agreed - but nowhere near enough parents to stand up and say "we play local or we walk" (and mean it) to drive any meaningful change.

That option doesn't really exist right now for kids with dreams of playing with other higher level players with similar dreams of playing in college.  Your typical Lake Highlands team in 2020 can't provide that. Parents and kids sign up for whatever format will best fulfill whatever their goals may be.  Nowadays that likely means joining  a team in a Travel League.

I submit it is up to the leadership in DFW soccer to step back and seek to provide a more provide a sensible format. Parents and kids can't do what you suggest. It would require a critical mass of teams and clubs to "walk."

Who do you think this is?

The clubs are all independent businesses looking to maximize their revenue, influence & control?

The model you reference existed years ago, and was LHGCL D1, D2, D3 with Premier League for the top few teams.

Problem with that system was that it was a totally transparent, pure meritocracy, based on results, and made it very clear to everyone who the top teams were each year.  

With the current system that problem has been alleviated and there are now many 'top teams' in many leagues which keeps a larger number of paying customers (parents) happier and provides for good water cooler talk about places the team traveled and the leagues they won.


Lefty wins the coveted “foxy agrees” award.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Excuse me while I step away to take a shower and get deloused.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1113
Points : 5003
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Competitive Soccer has lost it's way - Page 2 Empty Re: Competitive Soccer has lost it's way

Post by Foxysoccermom on 21/06/19, 04:03 pm

Lefty wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:
Lefty wrote:
Truthiness wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Truthiness wrote:



But why even have these teams travel to Houston or Austin to play their 2nd and 3rd teams?  There are better teams here in Dallas.

A "Texas League" is the problem, not the solution.

Outside of about 4 teams per age group, a "Dallas League" supplemented with showcase tournaments for travel is superior in every single way to any other option. Expenses. Competition. Time. Opportunity Costs. College Asperations. Etc.


Agreed - but nowhere near enough parents to stand up and say "we play local or we walk" (and mean it) to drive any meaningful change.

That option doesn't really exist right now for kids with dreams of playing with other higher level players with similar dreams of playing in college.  Your typical Lake Highlands team in 2020 can't provide that. Parents and kids sign up for whatever format will best fulfill whatever their goals may be.  Nowadays that likely means joining  a team in a Travel League.

I submit it is up to the leadership in DFW soccer to step back and seek to provide a more provide a sensible format. Parents and kids can't do what you suggest. It would require a critical mass of teams and clubs to "walk."

Who do you think this is?

The clubs are all independent businesses looking to maximize their revenue, influence & control?

The model you reference existed years ago, and was LHGCL D1, D2, D3 with Premier League for the top few teams.

Problem with that system was that it was a totally transparent, pure meritocracy, based on results, and made it very clear to everyone who the top teams were each year.  

With the current system that problem has been alleviated and there are now many 'top teams' in many leagues which keeps a larger number of paying customers (parents) happier and provides for good water cooler talk about places the team traveled and the leagues they won.


Lefty wins the coveted “foxy agrees” award.

Thanks.  Much appreciated.  

Excuse me while I step away to take a shower and get deloused.


Nothin like gettin sprayed with a little foxy love.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 714
Points : 1819
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Competitive Soccer has lost it's way - Page 2 Empty Re: Competitive Soccer has lost it's way

Post by BENDMEOVER on 21/06/19, 06:41 pm

Those refs dont know much English so at least they arent kneeling when the anthem is played.

__________________________________________________
That’s just history. It’s tradition. They don’t like us, we don’t like them. They throw horns up, we throw them down,” former Oklahoma safety Roy Williams said. “I guess you can take it as disrespect, but who gives a rat’s ass? This is football. If you’re hurt because we’re throwing the horns down, stop allowing us to beat your ass.”
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 504
Points : 1134
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Competitive Soccer has lost it's way - Page 2 Empty Re: Competitive Soccer has lost it's way

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum