04 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Today at 08:43 amU90C
12 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Today at 08:41 amU90C
10 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Today at 08:40 amU90C
Goal keeper needed Today at 08:08 ambigred
Goal Keeper neededToday at 08:06 ambigred
DKSC - 1 Spot for Guest PlayersToday at 12:00 amProDallas
New Team - Dallas Texans 10G Mochel!Yesterday at 05:45 pmTexansMochel
New Team - Dallas Texans MochelYesterday at 05:45 pmTexansMochel
07 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Yesterday at 04:29 pmU90C
11 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Yesterday at 04:27 pmU90C
Dallas Kicks - 2 Spots for Guest PlayersYesterday at 12:25 pmhailiesdad
Need to find a team...Yesterday at 12:24 pmhailiesdad
What is the big deal with LHGCL16/08/19, 05:14 pmBENDMEOVER

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

03B Classic League - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 13585 registered users
The newest registered user is Kedrick

Our users have posted a total of 193606 messages in 27152 subjects

03B Classic League

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

03B Classic League - Page 2 Empty Re: 03B Classic League

Post by Soccer27 on 09/08/19, 09:06 am

I believe you are correct in the top 3. Just unsure of the order. With the new additions to the teams. I would would put FC premier following closely or tied by Solar Deleon. Then FCD Premier in 3rd. By mid season I am sure FCD will begin to move some of their bench DA players to help FCD premier in all of their leagues that they are playing in.

4–8 you can inner mix any of those teams and you can probably be right.

9-10 I believe everyone will pick those two teams at the bottom.

sprint wrote:Prior to the first game what is the prediction for the end of year finishing order:

1. Solar Deleon
2. FCD Premiere
3. FC Premiere
4. FCD Che
5. Falls Town
6. FCD Borg
7. Solar Donnelly
8. FCD waters
9. Dallas Texans
10. Athletico

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 09/08/19, 06:29 pm

Soccer27 wrote:I believe you are correct in the top 3. Just unsure of the order. With the new additions to the teams. I would would put FC premier following closely or tied by Solar Deleon. Then FCD Premier in 3rd. By mid season I am sure FCD will begin to move some of their bench DA players to help FCD premier in all of their leagues that they are playing in.

4–8 you can inner mix any of those teams and you can probably be right.

9-10 I believe everyone will pick those two teams at the bottom.

sprint wrote:Prior to the first game what is the prediction for the end of year finishing order:

1. Solar Deleon
2. FCD Premiere
3. FC Premiere
4. FCD Che
5. Falls Town
6. FCD Borg
7. Solar Donnelly
8. FCD waters
9. Dallas Texans
10. Athletico

Re: FCD, I’ve known people in their DA for years.  There are always exceptions, but FCD names Full Time Players and Part Time players like all other DAs, and the PTs are typically rostered with Premier (but Che had one last year) and play week in week out with Premier.  There is no concerted effort to bring extra players down at later points in the year to benefit Premier.  Exceptions? Last year there was a CB not getting minutes in DA and asked to move to PT to get games with Premier - was player driven not club driven.  So could exceptions happen again? Sure. But I’ve never heard of a concerted effort to help out Premier - that doesn’t sound like it’s even on the radar, much less a priority.  If anything, some of those PTs get pulled up to FT (this happened with a winger last year).

Not trying to ‘defend poor FCD’ or anything like that, just sharing what I know.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muc03b on 10/08/19, 04:42 am

My “It’s too early in the season AND too early in the morning to be doing this and getting ready for a 7am game” pre-season top 10.

FC Premier
Deleon
FCD Premier
Che
Waters
Falls Town
Donnelly
Borg
Atletico
Texans

Muc03b
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 10/08/19, 08:37 pm

If I had to pick the thing I wouldn’t have predicted in a million years, it would have been a 4-4 game. Wow.

So not only was my upset special in play today, but I didn’t go far enough.  Congrats Falls Town on a big win in your first D1 game!

Remember when I said in an earlier post that I was concerned about Athletico’s GA last year?  A good D1 offense hangs 6 on them today.  And the Texans appear to be in the trouble we all predicted.

It’s only Week 1 so lots can change, but we’re off and rolling on an exciting season.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 10/08/19, 08:58 pm

Yes , I think no one would had guessed a 4-4 tie between Solar West/FC Premier. Solar west had them at 1-1 at half. I am sure FC Premier will regroup and come out strong next. Their new stud player is the real deal and a difference maker. Solar West might actually be better than a lot of people have given them credit by putting 4 on the strong defense of FC Premier.

FCD premier showed they have not missed a step from competing it’s Nationals by putting 6 goals in. The others are going to have to start putting in Goals. It might just come down to Goal differential.

Anyone have info on FCD waters/borgello game? Did loosing players hurt FCD waters or did borgello improve that much?

What about FCD Che/Falls town. Did fcd che power striker leave to DA making fcd Che just an average team now ?

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 10/08/19, 10:58 pm

Waters parent felt like game was pretty even but a couple of breakdowns made the difference in the scoreline. Borgarello parent felt his team looked pretty good, happy with the rebuilt roster.

Per an FCD Premier source, they picked up a couple of starters from Che, and that plus the DA departure may take some time to replace.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 11/08/19, 05:17 pm

Well week 1 now in the books.

In D1, Falls Town over Che was i think was only a slight surprise, as both will battle for the #4 and #5 spots.  The real surprise was FC Premier.  If they want to be #3, then they need to get better results, otherwise they end up #5 at best, and both Falls Town and Che finish ahead of them.  Deleon and FCD Premier as predicted appear to be the clear #1 and #2 in the division.  

In D2, Real GP and Sporting appear to be the ones coming out with guns blazing, both with 3-0 wins over opponents. It will be interesting to see how Titans, Spurs and Roma do against them, as all 3 logged in wins as well.  

In D3, Dallas Kicks and FCD Central White look strong, as well as FCD ETX.

Ok, who has got predictions for week 2?

winkipop77
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Muc03b on 11/08/19, 09:26 pm

Not surprised by the 6 goals scored by FCDP but slightly surprised by the 2 Atletico goals. Che/Falls Town could have gone either way any given day I think. Borg/Waters, based on previous post, was probably a good match for both to start the season and see what they have to work with. FC Premier/Solar West match was very physical. It was tied 1-1 at half. Then FC Premier came out blazing to a 3-1 lead. With between 30-35 minutes left in the match, FC Premier player received a red card. Solar capitalized on a 10 man FC Premier lineup and FCP couldn’t keep the lead. Lucky to have escaped with 1 point. But give credit to Solar West. Scrappy and didn’t quit. Parents and players alike felt like it was a win. They carried that momentum to the Premier Cup and won the tournament. Will they keep that momentum when they lose their big striker to DA? This will be a fun year for sure.

Muc03b
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 12/08/19, 10:58 am

winkipop77 wrote:Well week 1 now in the books.

In D1, Falls Town over Che was i think was only a slight surprise, as both will battle for the #4 and #5 spots.  The real surprise was FC Premier.  If they want to be #3, then they need to get better results, otherwise they end up #5 at best, and both Falls Town and Che finish ahead of them.  Deleon and FCD Premier as predicted appear to be the clear #1 and #2 in the division.  

In D2, Real GP and Sporting appear to be the ones coming out with guns blazing, both with 3-0 wins over opponents. It will be interesting to see how Titans, Spurs and Roma do against them, as all 3 logged in wins as well.  

In D3, Dallas Kicks and FCD Central White look strong, as well as FCD ETX.

Ok, who has got predictions for week 2?

Ask and ye shall receive - here is the Longview Probably-Wrong View for MatchDay 2:

SUNDAY AUG 18
Falls Town (Smith)   2-1   Solar Donnelly

The draw with FCP and the Solar Premier Cup win has wind in the Donnelly sails, and I almost picked a draw here as well. I'm interested in this one - can Donnelly keep a nice run going? Does Falls Town slip up after a big win on MatchDay 1? Someone is going to legitimize their week 1 result -- I'll say the boys from Wichita Falls win a very close match and further show their top-half-of-the-table intentions.

TUESDAY AUG 20
FCD Borgarello   1-0   Dallas Texans (Stavrou)

Another interesting game for both teams.  Borgarello can jump out to 6 points from 6 by taking care of business here, but will they be able to break down the Texans the way DeLeon did?  And if the Texans don't at least play well here, do they start sweating where any points are going to come from this year? I'll say the Borg boys handle the Texans' pressure and find the winner off of a set piece scramble.

FCD Central (Waters)   2-3   Athletico FW (Gonzalez)
Yet another interesting one.  Waters came up short against Borgarello in Week 1, but was that settling in or an indication of league hierarchy?  And Athletico was welcomed to D1 with a half-dozen from FCDP (heard it could have been more), but did find the onion bag twice themselves.  I'm going out on a limb and picking an upset - Athletico catches Waters while they are still settling in, and get their first D1 win off a late winner in a back and forth match.

WEDNESDAY AUG 21
FCD West (Che)   1-2   Solar DeLeon

The MatchDay 2 Frontier League games send these teams right to the deep end of the pool, so no rest for the Che boys -- they have tough matchups in Weeks 1 and 2, and unfortunately dig themselves a hole in the table.  A strengthened DeLeon keeps rolling, and dominates the game more than the scoreline shows - a spirited effort from the Che back line keeps it close to the end.

FC Premier E'too (Opoku)   2-3   FCD Premier (Oancea)  
Slightly better but similar story as Che for FCP -- missed opportunity in Week 1 followed up by a heavyweight slugfest in Week 2.  FCP finds the back of the net, but FCDP is not quite ready to relinquish their top spot from last year.  Very physical, very competitive match. (Also, I see the Week 1 red card was on #9, who will miss this match - I'm blanking on who that is and how impactful that will be to the FCP attack.)

There you go - one person's roll of the dice. I don't call it the Longview Probably-Wrong View for nothing...

No injuries, good weather, and competent/engaged referees for all!

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 12/08/19, 01:15 pm

Longview...Athletico over Waters is a gutsy call considering that Waters D3 team recently defeated Atletico in the DT Summer Classic. Are you just feeling lucky...or think that Waters D1 will not fare as well as the D3 version?

Everything else looks predictable (which of course means its not, right?)

winkipop77
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 12/08/19, 01:51 pm

winkipop77 wrote:Longview...Athletico over Waters is a gutsy call considering that Waters D3 team recently defeated Atletico in the DT Summer Classic.  Are you just feeling lucky...or think that Waters D1 will not fare as well as the D3 version?

Everything else looks predictable (which of course means its not, right?)

Picking chalk in every game wouldn’t be any fun - who remembers Solar Sawyer drawing with FCDP early last year, and look where each ended up.

Anything to get the boards active, one way or another!

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum