Renegades Soccer Club 2012G Yesterday at 02:09 pmRenegades Soccer Club
Dallas Texans 2013G MochelYesterday at 08:49 amTexansMochel
11B Team Duncanville 10/11/19, 03:52 pmJoe_Soccer*
04 Goalie Looking for new permanent home10/11/19, 01:27 pmFrem73
DKSC 04 keeper10/11/19, 12:46 pmryeoman3@gmail.com
New BVB 2011G Silver team in Carrollton adding players09/11/19, 09:54 pmreeck
08B Team 09/11/19, 12:44 pmJoe_Soccer*
NTX Celtic FC '08 Holden - Adding Players 09/11/19, 10:50 amNTX Celtic FC
Allegiance FC 2007 Black - Looking for a Goal Keeper08/11/19, 11:45 amTikiTaka10
Allegiance FC 2007 Black - Looking for a Goal Keeper08/11/19, 11:45 amTikiTaka10
12 Girls Teams - U90C LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 22-24)08/11/19, 09:28 amU90C
09 Girls Teams - U90C LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 22-24)08/11/19, 09:24 amU90C
11 Girls Teams - U90C LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 22-24)08/11/19, 09:22 amU90C
06 Girls Teams - U90C LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 22-24)08/11/19, 09:18 amU90C
08 Boys Teams - U90C LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 22-24)08/11/19, 09:16 amU90C
09 Boys Teams - U90C LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 22-24)08/11/19, 09:15 amU90C
10 Boys Teams - U90C LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 22-24)08/11/19, 09:12 amU90C
11 Boys Teams - U90C LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 22-24)08/11/19, 09:11 amU90C
Sparta FC 12G Emig07/11/19, 08:33 pmEmig3
Rec Players looking for Competitive team07/11/19, 02:31 pmmikecorich

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

03B Classic League - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 13582 registered users
The newest registered user is Kedrick

Our users have posted a total of 194819 messages in 27408 subjects

03B Classic League

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

03B Classic League - Page 3 Empty Re: 03B Classic League

Post by Soccer27 on 26/08/19, 03:45 pm

I was shocked this weekend also with the goal differential in the Deleon game. Their offense is always a hit or miss. They scored big the first game, couldn’t score against Che and scored bit on Falls Town. They always have had trouble scoring when they need to.

FC premier with another tie. That was a shocker to me also. I had placed them in the top 2 teams. They have a good team with a lot of players who can score.

Solar Donnely putting up 6. It showed that they have a lot of scorers as not one goal was by the same player. Once Solar Donnely tighten up their defense you can expect more wins to come their way.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee on 26/08/19, 03:47 pm

winkipop77 wrote:Not sure why any top teams would play in the PLD this weekend.  Whats really to gain at this age except bragging rights that you played and potentially beat a field of that did not consist of the top teams in NTX?  I only see 2 D1 teams on the accepted teams list, and I think 4 D2 teams.  Is this correct?  Still will be interesting to see if DeLeon wins it (as they should) and represents NTX well.  Borg would be a long shot, either Real GP or Titan Meredith having equal chance. Thoughts?

This looks to be a VERY competitive tournament for this age group.

Are you familiar with the USYS Southern Regional Championship teams and the Frontier League teams?  This tournament looks like a mini USYS regional tournament.  Considering most of the areas outside of TX don't have DA, these could be considered their top teams.

Southern Regional Championship teams:
Mandeville Lakers
Baton Rouge SC Black
OK Energy Central (Frontier League)
Solar DeLeon (Frontier League)

Frontier League teams:
OK Energy East
Paso Del Norte

I'm sure there are other teams that will bring their "A" game to the tournament.  Houston Dynamo YSC met DeLeon in the Ken Smith final this year and only lost 1-0.  Solar entered their u17 ECNL team which is Solar's 04 DA boys this year.  Should be a good tournament for this age.

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 26/08/19, 04:43 pm

Again, only limited amount of top teams from NTX. and no FCD Premier, FC Premier or bulk of other top D1/D2 teams. Might be relatively competitive for the teams that do compete, but what do those teams really gain? Will their juniors be recruited by top college coaches from around the country? I never thought of PLD as a showcase opportunity considering most college coaches are "in season" with their own teams. Qualification for a top 10 Tournament or future College Showcase? I guess a good showing could help the team's resume, but no automatic qualification, and always the chance of a rain-out. Although PLD might be a big tournament in Texas, it does not even rank top 50 nationally, with even Dallas Cup qualifiers ranking higher. At U17 I think many coaches have figured out that since their teams can only do so many tournaments/showcases per year due to time and money constraints, PLD is one they've elected to "pass" on.

Hopefully the teams from CL that are in it will represent NTX well.

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/eventresults.aspx?gender=Boys

winkipop77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee on 26/08/19, 05:23 pm

I can understand your point now. I thought you were focusing on the level of competition as to why they would or wouldn't participate in this tournament. Yes definitely not a showcase tournament. If anything, it could be used as a tune up tournament for some after they've seen their first couple of games and nothing more than enjoying a little soccer over Labor day.

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 26/08/19, 07:17 pm

winkipop77 wrote:Competitive only because I sense the talent in D1 is "watered down", and perhaps more evenly distributed.  Is this possible?  It appears there may only be 2 teams, instead of 3 or 4 that are a cut above everybody else in CL (top D2 and D3 teams included) as I originally thought.  

I too was surprised to see such a spread in the DeLeon/Falls Town match.  FC Premier appears to not be as strong this year, at least not on paper, is this true? Also, it appears Athletico, as predicted, is going to have a rough time, as perhaps is the only remaining DT team left in U17 D1.  What are the chances of a "Texans Free" U18 D1 next year?

Not sure why any top teams would play in the PLD this weekend.  Whats really to gain at this age except bragging rights that you played and potentially beat a field of that did not consist of the top teams in NTX?  I only see 2 D1 teams on the accepted teams list, and I think 4 D2 teams.  Is this correct?  Still will be interesting to see if DeLeon wins it (as they should) and represents NTX well.  Borg would be a long shot, either Real GP or Titan Meredith having equal chance. Thoughts?

I wouldn’t say watered down, I’d say deep pool that has been playing each other forever and size/speed/athleticism has evened out, so hard to expect consistent runaway performances anymore. To misquote Rasheed Wallace, by the end of the season “Table Don’t Lie” but we’ll see teams go through peaks and valleys on the way.

Re: PLD, DeLeon and Solar ECNL would seem to be the local favorites (with all respect leaving Borgarello off since they won last year but don’t see another title run this year, and leaving Texans out of favorites discussion altogether).  Hopefully we see local teams perform well and send the out of towners back to the hinterlands, regaling the North TX talent in song and story.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee on 26/08/19, 08:56 pm

Looks like Paso Del Norte did not get any love from the PLD committee as they were sent to Silver A. Also, the OK Energy Central team is NOT the National League team, it's the Central Green team.

OK Energy East is known to bring additional players not on their core team to tournaments so I expect them to make it out of their group along with Deleon, Mandeville, Solar ECNL, Baton Rouge, and Dynamo YSC. Not sure who the other 2 might be to make up the quarterfinal match ups but those would be my picks.

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 02/09/19, 06:44 pm

Congrats to Solar DeLeon for the victory in the PLD over their ECNL clubmates. Local teams took 5 of 8 QF spots, with all 3 D1 teams advancing.

On to the MatchDay 4 Longview Probably-Wrong View:

FC Premier E'too (Opoku)   3-0   Dallas Texans (Stavrou)
Decent showing in the PLD from the Texans, but two things coming together against them this week -- #1, a frustrated and angry FCP ready to get going, and #2, an opponent whose style negates the Texans' physical play. FCP gets their first win of the season with style.

FCD Premier (Oancea)   2-1   FCD Borgarello
I think this will be further validation that Borgarello may be better this year than anyone thought. FCDP gets the breakthrough but this one hangs in the balance until the final whistle.

FCD West (Che)   3-2   Solar Donnelly
Yes, another crooked-number line score for Donnelly.  Che welcomes the ability to get some goals, but gives them up as well in a tight one.

Solar DeLeon   4-1   Athletico FW (Gonzalez)
DeLeon keeps rolling after their tournament success, while Athletico continue to pull too many balls out of the onion bag.  

FCD Central (Waters)   1-1   Falls Town (Smith)
My upset pick of the week -- Falls Town will be fine, but they have a hiccup here in a game they should win.  Waters gets the game plan right and picks up a point.

There you go - one person's roll of the dice. I don't call it the Longview Probably-Wrong View for nothing...

No injuries, good weather, and competent/engaged referees for all!

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 02/09/19, 11:03 pm

Re: PLD, some questions for anyone that watched any of the games. First, what , if anything was learned? De Leon won as expected, so can we conclude that since they do not appear to be head and shoulders above other top D1 teams so far this year, that any number of teams may have fared equally as well had they chosen to participate? Can we expect NTX teams to be stronger or weaker this year versus past years when compared to other teams across the nation? Was more expected from the ECNL team? How did the Titans look? Did they fare better than expected, (a draw with De Leon in the preliminary) or was the competition not that strong? What was the level of play in general for all U17 teams in the Gold who advanced? How would these same teams fare in the Dallas Cup?against national and international competition?

winkipop77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 03/09/19, 12:21 pm

A lot of questions and unknown. What if... it was expected that Deleon would win the tournament. If they didn’t then it would had thrown more questions. What is true they continue to be offensively inconsistent. They go in waves and continue to struggle (for years) scoring when needed. Their offense doesn’t match up to other teams. Their defense is far and beyond the best in D1 the past two years. It was a surprise that they struggled scoring against a D3 team then tied a D2 team. They only team that has been consistent in both offense and defense is FCD Premier. Other than that I think any D1 team can loose any day to any other team.

winkipop77 wrote:Re: PLD, some questions for anyone that watched any of the games. First, what , if anything was learned? De Leon won as expected, so can we conclude that since they do not appear to be head and shoulders above other top D1 teams so far this year, that any number of teams may have fared equally as well had they chosen to participate? Can we expect NTX teams to be stronger or weaker this year versus past years when compared to other teams across the nation? Was more expected from the ECNL team? How did the Titans look? Did they fare better than expected, (a draw with De Leon in the preliminary) or was the competition not that strong? What was the level of play in general for all U17 teams in the Gold who advanced? How would these same teams fare in the Dallas Cup?against national and international competition?

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint on 05/09/19, 01:44 pm

[

don't think anything can be taken away from the start of the season (including PLD) other than any team in D1 could beat any other team in D1 at any time, including the top teams.  The PLD was a war of attrition and playing 6 games in 3 days in over 100 degree heat is tough for anyone.  Winning is as much about mental fortitude as soccer ability.  

I expect it to shake out as the season goes on but don't sleep on Solar Donnelly.  They are my dark horse to finish up near the top.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 09/09/19, 12:36 pm

No real surprises this past week as FCP and DeLeon took care of business as expected.  I understand that the Che/Donnelly score was a late-game pile-on after Donnelly went to 10 men.  I heard Borgarello gave FCDP a tough game, with FCDP pulling away in the last 20 minutes or so.  And Falls Town avoided the Longview upset prediction, slotting a handful past FCD Central.

On to the MatchDay 5 Longview Probably-Wrong View:

FCD Central (Waters)   1-3   FC Premier E'too (Opoku)
No rest for the FCD Central weary -- another tough one that probably doesn't go their way.  FCP will be looking to start a win streak, and they'll get it despite a tough match.

FCD Borgarello   0-2   Solar DeLeon
The Borg boys couldn't slow down the FCDP attack, but DeLeon's attack has run a little hot and cold -- which one shows up this week?  Borgarello keeps the score down but DeLeon gets the win.

Falls Town (Smith)   1-3   FCD Premier (Oancea)
This one stays close for a while but the superior FCDP depth wears down the gentlemen from Wichita Falls.  

Solar Donnelly   3-3    Dallas Texans (Stavrou)
Donnelly gets back to their scoring ways but this is my upset pick for the week -- the FCD West blowout hangover/red card suspension coupled with a Texans team that smells the possibility of a point results in a sister kisser.  

FCD West (Che)   3-2   Athletico FW (Gonzalez)
The 2pm start contributes to a back and forth match with several momentum swings, but the Che boys do just enough to take the 3 points.

There you go - one person's roll of the dice. I don't call it the Longview Probably-Wrong View for nothing...

Last edited by Longview on 09/09/19, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing a typo - my OCD couldn’t handle it)

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 15/09/19, 06:45 pm

A couple of notable results this week -- DeLeon held by Borgarello and a big win for Waters over FCP.  Also, Donnelly continued their crooked-number box score affinity (but avoided that third goal I predicted), and FCDP staked their claim to a clear #1 in the league at this point.

On to the MatchDay 6 Longview Probably-Wrong View:

Sunday 9/22
Athletico FW (Gonzalez)   2-4   Falls Town (Smith)

Falls Town licking their wounds after running into FCDP, but this shapes up as a nice rebound game for them. High scoring, but a clear win to get them back on track.

Monday 9/23
Solar Donnelly   2-3   FCD Borgarello

Here comes the irresistible f0rce and the immovable object - Donnelly seems to play a lot of high scoring games, whereas Borgarello often does the opposite. Which way does it play out?  Donnelly style, but Borgarello gets the win.

Wednesday 9/25
Dallas Texans (Stavrou)   1-2   FCD Central (Waters)

Waters scored 3 in a losing effort against Falls Town, then scored 3 in a big win over FCP.  They don't get 3 here, but they get another very welcome win to get back into mid-table consideration.

FCD Premier (Oancea)   1-1   FCD West (Che)
An upset pick here, as the intra-club rivalry and an inevitable bad finishing night results in FCDP dropping points for the first time this year.

Solar DeLeon   2-1   FC Premier E'too (Opoku)
Never thought I'd be saying this in week 6, but this is a critical game for FCP to keep in touch with the top 4. Tough one to call - is FCP ready to make up for this week's loss, or are they starting to doubt a little?  And DeLeon runs the risk of being as much as 8 points back of 1st in a year when they felt they were legit title contenders.  Very tough call, and I'm just barely leaning toward the Solar boys, but could definitely see a draw or 1-goal win either way.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 26/09/19, 03:18 pm

Another week, another substandard job of predicting results by ol' Longview.  On the field, the biggest headline to me is the ongoing struggles for FC Premier.  No shame in losing to DeLeon, but on the whole, I can't imagine anyone saw them sitting in 8th after 1/3 of the season.  

On to the MatchDay 7 Longview Probably-Wrong View:

Solar DeLeon   2-0   FCD Central (Waters)
FCD Central has been up and down all year, so could surprise here, but I'll go the safe route.  Good competitive game, but the Solar boys show just a bit more quality on the day and get the 3 points.

FC Premier E'too (Opoku)   4-1   Athletico FW (Gonzalez)
Regardless of what has been happening, I believe this has to turn up for FCP at some point, and this week is that point.  The boys in green find their groove and build some momentum for the challenges coming in the next few weeks.

FCD Premier (Oancea)   5-1   Solar Donnelly
FCD West did a good job holding the FCDP juggernaut to a single goal this week.  I don't see Donnelly having as much success based on track record so far this year - FCDP keeps rolling, and gets closer to locking down the Dallas Cup slot.

FCD Borgarello   1-0   Falls Town (Smith)
Going to pick a slight upset here - Borgarello continues to show they are very tough to break down and can get results with the best of them (albeit in the form of a lot of draws so far).  They find a way to frustrate the boys from Wichita Falls and grab a goal in the middle of the second half on a counter, securing the victory.

FCD West (Che)   3-1   Dallas Texans (Stavrou)
The Che boys almost got a result against FCDP, and instead of getting down they continue their strong play by taking care of the Texans.  

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 27/09/19, 02:50 pm

8th for FC Premier is a surprise....but is it possible this is just what happens with U17's? Judging solely from that last couple of years, it appears that U17 typically has one team that is dominate. Any idea why this is? Is it due to a gravitation of talent all to one team? Or is it because other teams that may have been strong as U15 and U16 lose talented players that would enable them to be more competitive with the top team? This appears to particularly obvious in D1. In D2 and D3 not as much. Right now for example you have one leader in both D2 ad D3, but also two strong contenders right on their heels. Not so with D1. FCD Premier is clearly dominate with no real challengers as far as I can tell. Do you think this will continue, and why?

winkipop77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee on 27/09/19, 04:09 pm

For D1 I think the allure of playing Frontier League and possible National League for these boys is real.  If they are not in DA then that is where they are going to get the most exposure to College coaches.  Not a requirement, but the most exposure.  Plus talent that was once in DA and are now making decisions not to play DA will gravitate to these teams that can give them Regional and National exposure if that is their goal.

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 27/09/19, 06:17 pm

I’m not sure there is as much daylight at the top as one might think.  I don’t see FCDP getting 54 points, and I expect DeLeon and Che to stay close.  FCP has dug themselves a hole and are out of the championship discussion but could still make some Top 4 noise, as can several others.

Also, I haven’t heard about any key injuries, but that can have a bearing as well.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 27/09/19, 10:28 pm

Re: Frontier League, isn't that relatively new? And aren't they essentially the same teams with the same players? In other words, Isn't the D1 FCD Premier team comprised of the same players for participation in both leagues? If so, and it dominates in one, won't it also dominate in the other?

And regarding "daylight", Im just looking at results of past u17 teams. Solar 01 Strickler as U17, and Solar 02 Castro as U17. According to historical game results, both of these teams dominated, FCD Premier 03 I think will do the same, but of course I may be wrong. Our team lost several very talented players this last signing season. Id guess the situation for other teams was the same, like maybe FC premier for example. This is maybe not because they went to other teams, but because they quit playing soccer all together. Is this possible? There is simply too many other things to get involved with at age 16 on, and soccer might not be as important. And as far as college goes...the colleges that these players might go to in Texas to get a top level education - UT, A&M, Baylor, etc (The big schools) don't have mens soccer teams anyway. Therefore being on a top U16 team was perhaps the climax of their youth soccer careers. U17 is not as important, unless you are DA and even willing to give up HS soccer. Why else would Dallas Cup for example not take as many local U17 teams as they do U16? I think its because those slots are easily filled by very talented international teams, and there are not enough local U17 teams that can adequately compete at that level. U16, yes. But U17, no. Only DA level really stands a chance at fairing well. Am I missing something?

Despite of all this, U17 is fun. The players that remain have all been competing against each other for a long time. And when they now get the chance to compete against these same players in a high school setting, that makes it even more fun. But I do think there is less daylight between any CL teams (D1, D2, and D3) except for the very top of D1. All of the players are very talented and have all been playing a very long time. On any given day, team X could beat team Y. But almost never team Z. At least judging from the last few years.

winkipop77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 02/10/19, 03:00 pm

Not a bad week on the prediction front, even if the only limb I went out on (Borg over Falls Town) broke under my feet.  Looking forward to this week, we have a real derby feel - two intra-FCD matches, a Solar grudge match, the Green Jersey showdown, and the Move Up The Table Bowl.

On to the MatchDay 8 Longview Probably-Wrong View:

Solar Donnelly   2-3   Solar DeLeon
I see the Donnelly boys being motivated and giving DeLeon all they can handle, but DeLeon taking control in the second half and holding on for a hard-fought victory.

FCD Central (Waters)   3-4   FCD Premier (Oancea)
Central makes it very interesting, but alas, comes up short despite a valiant effort. A goal fest that goes FCDP's way, locking down the Dallas Cup slot.

FCD Youth (Borgarello)   1-2   FCD West (Che)
This is one of the games I'm keeping an eye on this week. Did Borgarello come back to earth last week against Falls Town, or do they reinsert themselves into the Top 4 discussion with a big win? It's a club rivalry and both teams have been a little up and down, so anything could happen. I'll go the safe route, but don't feel strongly about this choice at all.  

Falls Town (Smith)   2-1   FC Premier E'too (Opoku)
Another one I'm keeping an eye on.  A must win for FCP - a loss would put them as much as 8 points back of 4th, not 1st.  On the other hand, a huge statement game for Falls Town -- will they strengthen their grip on dethroning FCP from the Frontier League spots?  Get your popcorn ready - I'm calling it for the new boys.

Dallas Texans (Stavrou)   1-1   Atletico FW (Gonzalez)
Both teams desperately need 3 points, whereas the teams above them would love to see a draw.  The other 8 get their wish.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint on 02/10/19, 03:35 pm

Solar wins the first game.
FCD premiere over Waters 4-1
Borgerello over Che 1-0.  
FC Premiere over Falls Town 3-1.
DT Stav gets the win.  

Could go the complete opposite way.  Finding at this age, there is really very little difference in any of the teams.  The boys are all athletic, strong and pretty fast so its hard to dominate any one game.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by winkipop77 on 02/10/19, 07:45 pm

Deleon over Donnelly, by at least 2
FCD Premier over Waters by at least 3
Borg even with Che
Falls Town over FC Premier by at least 1
DT over Atletico by at least 1

Re: Dallas Texans....what are the odds that they do not have a D1 U18 team in 2020/2021? Does it even matter?

winkipop77
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee on 05/10/19, 02:19 pm

winkipop77 wrote:Frontier League, isn't that relatively new?  And aren't they essentially the same teams with the same players? In other words, Isn't the D1 FCD Premier team comprised of the same players for participation in both leagues? If so, and it dominates in one, won't it also dominate in the other?

Sorry for a late reply.  Frontier League or rather Frontier Conference is a new name but it's a renaming of the USYS conference for our area.  The top 4 or now 5 Classic League teams are usually invited to this conference to play other teams from within the conference.  The Classic league teams don't play double games, however, their classic league games against the same Frontier League teams (Solar Deleon, FDCP, FCD Che, Central, and FCP) count towards both leagues.  However those teams play other teams in the conference with Frontier Conference winners and NTX State Cup winners going to USYS Southern Regional Championships.  Southern Regional Champions then go to the USYS National Championship.

...and then there is National League which provides the most exposure to college coaches if you are not in DA or not going to ID Camps.  It can also get you into the USYS National Championship and get you into National League for the next season.

USYS Frontier Conference 2019: https://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=74417&Gender=Boys&Age=17

USYS Southern Regional Championships (this past year): https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/tournaments/2019-southern-regional-championships/schedule/16u-boys/division-1/

USYS National League Teams for 2019: https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/national-league-2019-20-teams/#17b

So multiple paths to the National Championship.  For example, this past year Castro's 02 team didn't do well in Southern Regionals, but I believe because they won their group in National League they were invited to the USYS National Championship and won it just this past summer.  

Lots and lots of soccer games to be played outside of just Classic League and local tournaments for these boys and I think that is the draw to these top teams in Classic league as was suggested.

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint on 07/10/19, 09:27 am

A few surprises this weekend in FCD Waters beating FCD Premiere and Falls Town beating FC Premiere 4-0.

Stavrou getting the win helps them on the fight to prevent relegation.

Top of the group getting a little closer with 2 point between FCD P and Deleon. October 16 game is first time they play and should be a good game.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint on 15/10/19, 10:14 am

This week:

Deleon v. FCD Premiere: A win puts Deleon in first going into the end of the Fall season.  Should be a good game.  FCD premiere hit with a lot of injuries so not at full strength.  Missing the heart of their team in the middle.  Deleon added a player recently from a local DA team and played well over the weekend in frontier conference.  Not going to predict a score but could go either way.

Solar Donnelly v. Waters:  Donnelly makes a comeback from last week and wins 1-0

Borgerello v. Atletico:  Borg 2-0

Che v. FC Premiere:  Che wins 2-0.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 15/10/19, 12:13 pm

We finally get through the first round of the schedule this week.  A big one on tap with FCDP vs DeLeon. I forgot to post this before the Sunday game, so I'm 0 for 1 already!

On to the MatchDay 9 Longview Probably-Wrong View:

Sunday 10/13
Falls Town (Smith)   2-0   Dallas Texans (Stavrou)

Falls Town continues to roll after a dip in form, and the Texans keep looking for answers to getting out of the relegation zone.

Wednesday 10/16
Solar DeLeon   1-1   FCD Premier (Oancea)

Too close to call, so I'll cop out and call for a draw.  DeLeon looks to be in better form, but this will be a war. FCDP holds on to the Dallas Cup spot by the skin of their teeth.

Solar Donnelly   2-2   FCD Central (Waters)
If Waters plays his Frontier Conference roster, they win, but I assume they will play their CL roster and will add to the draw tally on the day.

FCD Youth (Borgarello)   3-2   Atletico FW (Gonzalez)
Potential trap game for the Borg boys, but they will grind out the three points and stay in the Top 4 hunt.

FCD West (Che)   1-0   FC Premier E'too (Opoku)
Che takes the opportunity to put the men in green in deep trouble in the standings. If Donnelly draws as I predict above, FCP stands above the relegation zone only by goal difference.  I did not see that coming.

Last edited by Longview on 15/10/19, 06:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected MatchDay 8 to MatchDay 9)

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 17/10/19, 10:45 pm

First round of games in the books - congrats to FCD Premier for holding on to the Dallas Cup slot.  Other than that, the biggest surprise is FC Premier down in 6th, but after teetering on the edge of the relegation zone, they are only 2 points outside the Top 4. Also, congrats to Falls Town -- after getting promoted they have shown their quality.  If they can maintain their table position, it would be the best result by a promoted 03 team in this age group's Classic League history.

I said at the beginning of the season I'd post predictions on a weekly basis and go back and compare my predictions to actuals.  I predicted the result correctly in 22 of 45 matches - just about as good as a coin flip.

03B Classic League - Page 3 Pictur10

Good luck to all on the backstretch!

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint on 21/10/19, 03:00 pm

Solar Donnelly making a move with winning the last two games and now up to 6th place. Nice addition of a former DA player to that roster for those two games to an already good team.

FCD Premiere and Solar Deleon had an easy time this weekend in Austin wining both games in Frontier League. Solar Deleon now in the drivers seat to win Frontier League and advance to Regional Finals in South Carolina.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum