North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

High School and DA - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

High School and DA

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

High School and DA - Page 2 Empty Re: High School and DA

Post by brazos 02/01/20, 07:42 pm

No way, more power to the kids!

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 03/01/20, 01:07 am

FroZone wrote:
brazos wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
Big Ern wrote:Unfortunately, both Zou and KC have been misinformed here ^ ...

There is indeed a written rule that stipulates absolutely no HS soccer competition is permitted for rostered DA players.  This now even reaches down to MS soccer with the latest revision for 2019-20.  In fact, those kids aren't allowed to even train with the DA.

Further, any DA rostered kid thinking they can be released from the roster then re enter after the HS season are mistaken as well.  I know of some that though this was the case last year and were nabbed.  If you know my kid's sitch, you know we wish this wasn't the case  Neutral

See below ...

F. Player Participation in Outside Competitions

1. Academy Players must meet all attendance and participation requirements under the Development Academy Requirements and for the individual club requirements as well, for training and games for their DA team during the Academy Season. Failure to meet those requirements should result in removal from the DA team.
2. DA Clubs may not permit any full-time Academy Player to participate on a non-DA team during the Academy Season. The only permissible soccer related reasons to miss Development Academy activities is National Team duty and YNT Identification Center participation.

3. DA Clubs will be held accountable for the actions of their players.

4. Academy Players currently registered with a DA Club have committed to forgo participating in both the Academy and high school or middle school soccer.

a) Players who participate in high/middle school soccer are ineligible to participate in Academy practice and competition during that same season.

b) Only players who have been granted a waiver by the League Office will be allowed to remain on their club’s Academy roster during the high school soccer season (waivers are not available for middle school). This waiver must be received by the DA office before September 9, 2019, to be considered for the roster exemption. The waiver eligibility guidelines are as follows:

(1) Players who receive consideration or financial aid to attend a private high school based on their participation with the soccer team are eligible

(2) Although clubs are not limited to a specific number of waivers, the number is naturally self-limiting to field a full team throughout the Academy season.

(3) Full-time players registered with a DA Club will not be allowed to re-enter the program during the same season after participating in the high school season with their current or a different DA Club.

So who enforces?  I know several kids violating this in a non-discreet, VERY public manner.  Clubs(FCD and Solar) know and dont seem to care. I believe in snitches get stitches, so wont be me blowing the whistle, but honestly, I dont think anyone cares enough to enforce.

USSDA enforces but doesn't actively 'police' those incidences.  Can't speak for Solar as much, but I can tell you that FCD does indeed "care".  Sure, there are plenty of DA kids that enrolled in soccer at their respective HS that serve as managers, assistants, whatevs, but they aren't participating in the matches, nor are they rostered as players.  If they are/do, I can certainly assure you that there are many that "care" ... too many kids that have chosen to sacrifice HS ball to play in the DA.

Now that the HS season has started up I am revisiting this thread.  There are kids that appeared on the DA #1 team at clubs in the Fall that having been practicing (during athletics) and after school once the season kicked off.  They are now rostered and playing in matches.  It is great for them but for those that are following the rules you stated above then it sucks for them.  Sure a coach can refuse to play them in a DA match but otherwise there is nothing they can do to prevent it from occuring.  You think a HS Coach cares?   We know that the answer to that question as there are no UIL rules against a DA player participating.

If it bothers you that much, get the visual evidence and turn the offending player into her DA coach (although you might want to make sure the player hasn't been granted an LOA from DA first).  If the coach does nothing about it, take your evidence to the DOC.  If the DOC does nothing about it, take your evidence to USSF.  If USSF does nothing about it, then I guess your DD gets to play both DA and HS next year. cheers

This would seem to be a pretty crappy and petty thing to do to another kid.

Side question... if a DA kid wants to train during school for Soccer Athletics to get more touches and be with friends then just be a team manager and not play games, is that allowed?

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07soccerdad 03/01/20, 07:49 am

timmyh wrote:
FroZone wrote:
brazos wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
Big Ern wrote:Unfortunately, both Zou and KC have been misinformed here ^ ...

There is indeed a written rule that stipulates absolutely no HS soccer competition is permitted for rostered DA players.  This now even reaches down to MS soccer with the latest revision for 2019-20.  In fact, those kids aren't allowed to even train with the DA.

Further, any DA rostered kid thinking they can be released from the roster then re enter after the HS season are mistaken as well.  I know of some that though this was the case last year and were nabbed.  If you know my kid's sitch, you know we wish this wasn't the case  Neutral

See below ...

F. Player Participation in Outside Competitions

1. Academy Players must meet all attendance and participation requirements under the Development Academy Requirements and for the individual club requirements as well, for training and games for their DA team during the Academy Season. Failure to meet those requirements should result in removal from the DA team.
2. DA Clubs may not permit any full-time Academy Player to participate on a non-DA team during the Academy Season. The only permissible soccer related reasons to miss Development Academy activities is National Team duty and YNT Identification Center participation.

3. DA Clubs will be held accountable for the actions of their players.

4. Academy Players currently registered with a DA Club have committed to forgo participating in both the Academy and high school or middle school soccer.

a) Players who participate in high/middle school soccer are ineligible to participate in Academy practice and competition during that same season.

b) Only players who have been granted a waiver by the League Office will be allowed to remain on their club’s Academy roster during the high school soccer season (waivers are not available for middle school). This waiver must be received by the DA office before September 9, 2019, to be considered for the roster exemption. The waiver eligibility guidelines are as follows:

(1) Players who receive consideration or financial aid to attend a private high school based on their participation with the soccer team are eligible

(2) Although clubs are not limited to a specific number of waivers, the number is naturally self-limiting to field a full team throughout the Academy season.

(3) Full-time players registered with a DA Club will not be allowed to re-enter the program during the same season after participating in the high school season with their current or a different DA Club.

So who enforces?  I know several kids violating this in a non-discreet, VERY public manner.  Clubs(FCD and Solar) know and dont seem to care. I believe in snitches get stitches, so wont be me blowing the whistle, but honestly, I dont think anyone cares enough to enforce.

USSDA enforces but doesn't actively 'police' those incidences.  Can't speak for Solar as much, but I can tell you that FCD does indeed "care".  Sure, there are plenty of DA kids that enrolled in soccer at their respective HS that serve as managers, assistants, whatevs, but they aren't participating in the matches, nor are they rostered as players.  If they are/do, I can certainly assure you that there are many that "care" ... too many kids that have chosen to sacrifice HS ball to play in the DA.

Now that the HS season has started up I am revisiting this thread.  There are kids that appeared on the DA #1 team at clubs in the Fall that having been practicing (during athletics) and after school once the season kicked off.  They are now rostered and playing in matches.  It is great for them but for those that are following the rules you stated above then it sucks for them.  Sure a coach can refuse to play them in a DA match but otherwise there is nothing they can do to prevent it from occuring.  You think a HS Coach cares?   We know that the answer to that question as there are no UIL rules against a DA player participating.

If it bothers you that much, get the visual evidence and turn the offending player into her DA coach (although you might want to make sure the player hasn't been granted an LOA from DA first).  If the coach does nothing about it, take your evidence to the DOC.  If the DOC does nothing about it, take your evidence to USSF.  If USSF does nothing about it, then I guess your DD gets to play both DA and HS next year. cheers

Side question... if a DA kid wants to train during school for Soccer Athletics to get more touches and be with friends then just be a team manager and not play games, is that allowed?

Not sure why anyone would care if someone was playing HS in addition to DA. I get the rules, but if the girls get hurt, it's on them not you. If they get to play and have fun with friends, then all the better.

07soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fakeituntilyoumakeit 03/01/20, 08:27 am

The reason people care is because there are too many entitled people out there who think the rules don't apply to them.  The rule is clear and concise...If you choose DA then high school is not an option..period.  If you want high school then join an ECNL or FDL or LH team and play high school. It really is simple and if players try to cheat the system they should be turned in and face consequences.  Half the players on ECNL are better than many DA players but want to play high school....it is what it is.

fakeituntilyoumakeit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FroZone 04/01/20, 11:07 am

timmyh wrote:
FroZone wrote:

Sure it is, but if you care about parents/kids breaking the rules or gaming the system, you don't stop it by coming on here and whining about, you stop it by actually doing something about it by reporting them.

On the other hand, if it doesn't bother you, or doesn't matter to you, then don't come on here and whine about it

Don't be passive aggressive like Brazos and come on here to whine about it, expecting someone else to do any dirty work, or give you tacit approval to break the rules in the same manner.

To answer your side question, I know of at least 1 situation exactly as you described, happening at a prominent 6A school this year.
FroZone
FroZone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 04/01/20, 05:20 pm

07soccerdad wrote:
timmyh wrote:
FroZone wrote:
brazos wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:

Not sure why anyone would care if someone was playing HS in addition to DA.  I get the rules, but if the girls get hurt, it's on them not you.  If they get to play and have fun with friends, then all the better.  
Jealousy. Plain and simple
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 04/01/20, 09:58 pm

07soccerdad wrote:
timmyh wrote:
FroZone wrote:
brazos wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:

Not sure why anyone would care if someone was playing HS in addition to DA.  I get the rules, but if the girls get hurt, it's on them not you.  If they get to play and have fun with friends, then all the better.  

scratch  Not sure huh 07?  Given your post here ^ (not to mention your handle), I'm guessing you're responding to a thread that has no bearing on your child's sitch.  It's really not all that difficult ... Your answer is literally written in the very thread you replied to here.  How 'bout when you have a bit o' first hand experience relevant to the subject, you chime in then?  

Fantastic Wink

Last edited by Big Ern on 04/01/20, 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar ... outta practice too long!)

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2