North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Closed Texan Practices - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Closed Texan Practices

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Closed Texan Practices - Page 5 Empty Re: Closed Texan Practices

Post by Guest 28/07/11, 07:10 am

Joe West wrote:
onlyforfun wrote:
ZenFutbol wrote:
bwgophers wrote:Doesn't seem to be a club-wide policy.

For our Texans North team, I never saw any document with any such wording on it, nor did I or any of our parents sign a document with any such wording on it. Not even anything suggesting or asking that parents stay away from practice

Of course, there would be absolutely no way to enforce something like this practicing at a wide open, public facility like Carpenter Park.

If I'm not mistaken, and that's entirely possible, it's a Ross Stewart policy and not a club-wide policy. If your team elects to practice at RS, no, parents are not allowed to watch. It's my understanding that clubs like Man U. have been doing this for some time now, and apparently it's working, at least in the soccer development area.
I appreciate all of the very reasoned and thoughtful arguments against such a policy, but I also understand why such a move is attractive to both coaches and players. At what point do we let go? (Ten does some a bit young, but is it really?) Does you daughter really want you there? Do they really need you there? (Think of their reaction when you even suggest walking them to class. Now imagine asking if you could stay to watch.) Might they feel additional pressure when you are? Even if it's not our intention to provide such added pressure, and it rarely is, might our mere presence and our children's desire to please us provide another obstacle to their growth, and perhaps even happiness, on the pitch?

Someone suggested that they don't know their coach, and that's appropriate. How could you, really? (My assumption, and this is a bit dangerous, I know, is that he or she is doing what they do because they love the game and want to share their understanding of and passion for it with young players.) But you do know your child, and you're empowering them to be strong, independent self-advocates. Perhaps they're not yet there, but they are in a process of becoming, and this might help them along their way. It might help you too. Who knows?

I too struggle with my little one growing up too fast, and this seems like yet another reminder of that. But I'm so proud of the person she's becoming and her journey into and through the world of soccer is a big part of that.

Good luck to everyone!

If the Texans were paying the players like Man U. rather than the parents paying for the players to play this would be a different discussion.

I heard that next year all payments will have to be made in Euro's, just like they do at Man U.

They use the Pound, not the Euro. Nice effort, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/07/11, 07:24 am

"You all sign contracts for kids soccer? THATS CRAZY"

now, now go back to the disney channel, phineas and ferb is about to start.The grownups are talking...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/07/11, 09:56 am

Ads wrote: You all sign contracts for kids soccer? THATS CRAZY

As will you when your DD gets to that age....if you want her to play at all that is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitzed 28/07/11, 03:12 pm

#2420 wrote:
Blitzed wrote:
#2420 wrote:Now that I have read it several times. I don't see a problem with it. See everyone at the first practice!

Cool, I'll meet you in the parking lot with the rest of the parents. (I went to my first practice yesterday.)
So it went pretty well?

A little boring but otherwise fine. But this is U16 and he has been with the coach for a couple of years so I don't have any unanswered questions about his situation.

If he was younger, like u11 or U12, that would be a different story.

Sometimes coaches and clubs forget that at the same time my kids are trying out for them, they are trying out for me.

Blitzed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/09/11, 12:22 pm

Blitzed wrote:
#2420 wrote:
Blitzed wrote:
#2420 wrote:Now that I have read it several times. I don't see a problem with it. See everyone at the first practice!

Cool, I'll meet you in the parking lot with the rest of the parents. (I went to my first practice yesterday.)
So it went pretty well?

A little boring but otherwise fine. But this is U16 and he has been with the coach for a couple of years so I don't have any unanswered questions about his situation.

If he was younger, like u11 or U12, that would be a different story.

Sometimes coaches and clubs forget that at the same time my kids are trying out for them, they are trying out for me.

Have you reminded them of that?

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT 08/09/11, 02:39 pm

The coaches forget that they work for us and that it is a privilage for them to coach our daughters as well as vice versa, its not a one way street. Some how the parents have forgotten that in numbers they control who stands on the sidelines and that if a coach is a complete jack a-- that they should be replaced. The problem as I see it is that once most parents sign they sit back, bend over, and take whatever the coach puts out, our kids are to be led, taught, encouraged, not ridiculed, insulted and yelled at and it is our duty as parents to be there to ensure that such does not happen. Therefore, if a coach or club does not want me at practice, then they better be ready to sign a release and provide a refund.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/09/11, 10:57 pm

TNT wrote:The coaches forget that they work for us and that it is a privilage for them to coach our daughters as well as vice versa, its not a one way street. Some how the parents have forgotten that in numbers they control who stands on the sidelines and that if a coach is a complete jack a-- that they should be replaced. The problem as I see it is that once most parents sign they sit back, bend over, and take whatever the coach puts out, our kids are to be led, taught, encouraged, not ridiculed, insulted and yelled at and it is our duty as parents to be there to ensure that such does not happen. Therefore, if a coach or club does not want me at practice, then they better be ready to sign a release and provide a refund.
I guess we will find out in June 2012 if the policy is a welcomed one.

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 22/09/11, 08:30 am

bronxdad wrote:I heard that Texans are now closing practices at Ross Stewart to parents, only the team manager is allowed in the complex for practice. How do you feel about it? My dd being a 96 I rarely stick around for practice anyway, if my dd was a little younger I would be pissed. I can not imagine this policy is popular?

Is this in case a rogue parent from another club comes in with their smartphone and records the session in 1080p HD and broadcasts the unbeatable strategy to the rest of the world therefore thwarting that teams march towards world domination?

Monkey poop. If you're confident in the sessions you run, you shouldn't care if the parents sit 10 yards from the sideline and throw peanuts at you every time you take a water break. Coaches complain parents "don't understand the game", what better way than to let them see what it is you're trying to achieve so they can assist in sending the right message to their kids. Part of the pleasure of youth sports is seeing your kids train and play. Take that away and you're no better than a paying customer at a pro sporting event watching somebody you have a vague interest in.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 22/09/11, 10:59 am

Is DM running the club now?
Do you have to be a product of the Greek system to have someone tell you what will be done with your kid?
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by metro 23/09/11, 12:59 pm

TFC has had this policy as a club handed down from the DOC for many years with "Parent Viewing Areas" at there facilities. For awhile it bothered me, then it became an issue for me when I started having concerns about how a coach was treating and talking to my daughter. No grown up should talk to a child the way he talked and this policy enabled him to say things I know for a fact he would not say if I or other parents were within a hearing distance from practices. Mid season transfer and both daughter and myself felt much better with new coach. I still have issues with any policy that isolates my child from me and inhibits my ability to protect them physically and emotionally.

metro
metro
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT 23/09/11, 01:37 pm

metro wrote:TFC has had this policy as a club handed down from the DOC for many years with "Parent Viewing Areas" at there facilities. For awhile it bothered me, then it became an issue for me when I started having concerns about how a coach was treating and talking to my daughter. No grown up should talk to a child the way he talked and this policy enabled him to say things I know for a fact he would not say if I or other parents were within a hearing distance from practices. Mid season transfer and both daughter and myself felt much better with new coach. I still have issues with any policy that isolates my child from me and inhibits my ability to protect them physically and emotionally.

Well said.....give up the coach please so we can detour around him, I have had enough of the jack wagon coaches and their oversized loud mouthed egos, if they are going to act like a fool, then they should be exposed.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jchez24 23/09/11, 02:53 pm

This is how it all went down! The management team of the Texans thought it was a bright idea to incorporate the same philosophy as Man U! One important thing they overlooked!!! Those kids down there signed contracts to be trained, live on campus, are feed, uniforms and shoes, those costs are paid by Man U! Hello people we (the parents) are paying you!! Not to smart..
The way Nationals went this year, other clubs are catching up and with this silliness you will loose more girls to your competition. Keep up the good work! lol!
Why would you be mirroring your club to Man U? How about copying from Barcelona at least they have won something!! Idiots... Laughing
jchez24
jchez24
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfdallas 23/09/11, 03:21 pm

I was not a fan of Texans' new policy when first announced. But with the help of a carpool group to help get dd to practice without having to kill time in the parking lot, I'm now enjoying the new 'found' time to actually cook dinner at home (something that was very difficult to do before without a lot of pre-planning because of 2 dd's in soccer and other after-school time consuming activities). (Stunning, really, how many kids on dd's '01 team are now a part of a carpool that they weren't in before the parent-attendance policy change). As mentioned by others earlier in thread, parents are invited to attend practices twice monthly, and all academy parents are able to attend all practices.

I suspect that if one of my dd's had a coach about whom I had real concerns, such as a situation like that described by Metro, above, I probably wouldn't have adjusted as easily. Happily that is not the case, so made lemonade.

ralfdallas
ralfdallas
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie 23/09/11, 03:29 pm

TNT wrote:
metro wrote:TFC has had this policy as a club handed down from the DOC for many years with "Parent Viewing Areas" at there facilities. For awhile it bothered me, then it became an issue for me when I started having concerns about how a coach was treating and talking to my daughter. No grown up should talk to a child the way he talked and this policy enabled him to say things I know for a fact he would not say if I or other parents were within a hearing distance from practices. Mid season transfer and both daughter and myself felt much better with new coach. I still have issues with any policy that isolates my child from me and inhibits my ability to protect them physically and emotionally.

Well said.....give up the coach please so we can detour around him, I have had enough of the jack wagon coaches and their oversized loud mouthed egos, if they are going to act like a fool, then they should be exposed.

Daugher guested a few times at tournaments for a TFC team when their keep was hurt. Until I had a comfort level with this coach (which I did pretty quickly), used to watch practice, interactions from the parent area with a good pair of field glasses. I tried to be discrete. She was mortified when she found out after the fact I had been doing this Shocked
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/09/11, 03:41 pm

jchez24 wrote:This is how it all went down! The management team of the Texans thought it was a bright idea to incorporate the same philosophy as Man U! One important thing they overlooked!!! Those kids down there signed contracts to be trained, live on campus, are feed, uniforms and shoes, those costs are paid by Man U! Hello people we (the parents) are paying you!! Not to smart..
The way Nationals went this year, other clubs are catching up and with this silliness you will loose more girls to your competition. Keep up the good work! lol!
Why would you be mirroring your club to Man U? How about copying from Barcelona at least they have won something!! Idiots... Laughing

Wow! If you are going to call out a club and individuals as idiots, may I suggest that you check your grammar so you don't show up as such an idiot yourself and have your message get lost. You know what I mean? Everyone has heard the guy on the news that witnesses something, so they stick a camera in his face to get his thoughts. Then he goes on the butcher the English language and speak in such a dialect that it is hilarious. Always makes me laugh, but i never hear what they are saying and put no weight into their message because they are perceived as stupid. The same can be said of posts.

Let me be of help:

1) Every sentence does not need a punctuation mark. Your whole first sentence is a bunch of exclamation marks with one sentence ending in 3 of them!!! This makes an exclamation mark lose it's punch. But I guess you did step out of the box and end that last sentence with 2 periods.

2) Try and use the proper subject verb agreement. The kids "are feed?" Very confusing.

3) LOSE and LOOSE are two completely different words with two completely different meanings. Try and learn the difference.

4) Do a little research before posting your thoughts. Sometimes you can even answer your own questions. For example, "Why would you be mirroring your club to Man U?" This can be easily and obviously answer with just a little research. Let me help you with that. CLICK HERE

I don't have the energy to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 23/09/11, 03:47 pm

giggedy wrote:
jchez24 wrote:This is how it all went down! The management team of the Texans thought it was a bright idea to incorporate the same philosophy as Man U! One important thing they overlooked!!! Those kids down there signed contracts to be trained, live on campus, are feed, uniforms and shoes, those costs are paid by Man U! Hello people we (the parents) are paying you!! Not to smart..

Wow! If you are going to call out a club and individuals as idiots, may I suggest that you check your grammar so you don't show up as such an idiot yourself and have your message get lost. You know what I mean? Everyone has heard the guy on the news that witnesses something, so they stick a camera in his face to get his thoughts. Then he goes on the butcher the English language and speak in such a dialect that it is hilarious. Always makes me laugh, but i never hear what they are saying and put no weight into their message because they are perceived as stupid. The same can be said of posts.

Let me be of help:

1) Every sentence does not need a punctuation mark. Your whole first sentence is a bunch of exclamation marks with one sentence ending in 3 of them!!! This makes an exclamation mark lose it's punch. But I guess you did step out of the box and end that last sentence with 2 periods.

2) Try and use the proper subject verb agreement. The kids "are feed?" Very confusing.

3) LOSE and LOOSE are two completely different words with two completely different meanings. Try and learn the difference.

4) Do a little research before posting your thoughts. Sometimes you can even answer your own questions. For example, "Why would you be mirroring your club to Man U?" This can be easily and obviously answer with just a little research. Let me help you with that. CLICK HERE

I don't have the energy to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Did you order the code red?

DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED?!

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/09/11, 04:06 pm

"As mentioned by others earlier in thread, parents are invited to attend practices twice monthly, and all academy parents are able to attend all practices."

spoke to a texan parent says this is in effect for ross stewart only, which means.......this is cynically about protecting the fields at ross stewart..

Back to top Go down

Post by John Galt 23/09/11, 04:06 pm

giggedy wrote:

Let me be of help:

What rule of sentence construction did you apply to the now bolded text?
John Galt
John Galt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/09/11, 04:10 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
giggedy wrote:

Let me be of help:

Did you order the code red?

DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED?!

"Whose going to do it; YOU LIEUTENANT WIENBERG?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 23/09/11, 04:17 pm

John Galt wrote:
giggedy wrote:

Let me be of help:

What rule of sentence construction did you apply to the now bolded text?

Ouch says giggedy as he takes a full on faceball.

What is that saying about people who live in glass houses? Smile

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DDPlays4Snacks 23/09/11, 11:00 pm

giggedy wrote:

Let me be of help:

Check bold corrections above for improper use of "into", should be "in". Additionally, "i" should be capitalized. I could also debate the use of "they" three times in one sentence with no reference to whom "they" defines. Is the term "they" referring to the people who hold cameras, or should "they" really be correctly written as "he", the person answering the question? Glass Houses...
DDPlays4Snacks
DDPlays4Snacks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/11, 01:20 pm

Well how is everyone enjoying the Texans closed practice policy?
Do other clubs here in DFW have this policy also?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigfoot 11/11/11, 02:21 pm

#2420 wrote:Well how is everyone enjoying the Texans closed practice policy?
Do other clubs here in DFW have this policy also?

After the Penn St incidents I would have a hard time believing that parents dont have a problem with anything their kids do being closed to them.

Parents trust coaches and other adults way too much.
Bigfoot
Bigfoot
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT 11/11/11, 09:43 pm

I have always said no coach or club will prevent my presence when my child is involved. It's ashame that our society has succumb to such, but there are many reasons it has.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 12/11/11, 03:58 am

TNT wrote:I have always said no coach or club will prevent my presence when my child is involved. It's ashame that our society has succumb to such, but there are many reasons it has.

Do you go to your DD's school and insist that you be allowed to sit in class with her all day?
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/11/11, 07:23 am

No one sits w their kid all day, but you can sign in at any time and GO to the class. It is not off limits to adults. Pretty obtuse not to see the difference...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next