North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Closed Texan Practices - Page 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Closed Texan Practices

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Closed Texan Practices - Page 6 Empty Re: Closed Texan Practices

Post by Guest 12/11/11, 07:23 am

No one sits w their kid all day, but you can sign in at any time and GO to the class. It is not off limits to adults. Pretty obtuse not to see the difference...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/11/11, 09:40 am

02Dad wrote:
TNT wrote:I have always said no coach or club will prevent my presence when my child is involved. It's ashame that our society has succumb to such, but there are many reasons it has.

Do you go to your DD's school and insist that you be allowed to sit in class with her all day?
Please do not try to bring the schools into this. Alot of teachers and school systems are garbage and alot of them can't do anything right. Most can not be trusted. Just look around that is a easy one to see. oh here is one for you. http://video.foxnews.com/v/1269593155001/football-coach-has-sex-with-student-in-georgia/ Just reported the other day. You can trust who ever you want. I don't trust any of them as far as this subject goes. The truth is all around us. Several incidents here in DFW over the last few years. Maybe parents should go visit the schools more often and sports practice. Like I do myself.
Trust me I am not ever going to be the parent of Fox news being quoted " I am shocked! I trusted and thought it would never happen to my kid". You can bet your ass on that!

Oh wait let's just do what everyone else says to do with our children, teens, and young adults. Get a life a watch over you off-spring. Anyone that trys to say your an over bearing parent and control freak that can not let go. Is a fool!! It is our job as parents to watch over the Flock. BTW we can't even trust the Pope at this point. One last thing if anything ever happens to anyone's kid I know or anyone else's for that matter. I don't think I could control my emotions to hurt or kill the person that is causing harm to the children. I'm out and done with this subject. Busy watching over my flock.

Last edited by #2420 on 12/11/11, 09:55 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/11/11, 09:50 am

No one said trust the schools, but they are open to parental supervision. Not closed by policy

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 12/11/11, 10:03 am

anselansel wrote:No one sits w their kid all day, but you can sign in at any time and GO to the class. It is not off limits to adults. Pretty obtuse not to see the difference...
Not everywhere. At least not at my DD's elementary school. If you aren't on a visitor list from the teacher, you aren't getting through the front door.

The level of trust that works for one parent isn't going to work for another. There's no reason to judge others who allow their children a bit of freedom, entrust their care to certain adults and basically call us bad parents.

I was lucky enough that my parents allowed me to be a foreign exchange student. I'm sure many of you would think my parents were asking for trouble, sending their 16 year old daughter to live halfway around the world for an entire year. Not only living in a home with people they had never met, but in a house with two teenage boys of the same age. Some of you would call this reckless. I would call it my parents giving me the experience of a lifetime.

Bad things can happen no matter how much we try to protect our children. That doesn't mean I'm going to let my 11 yr old walk the streets at midnight. But I'm not going to hover over her to the point she doesn't know how to survive later in life without interference.

Last edited by txtransplant on 12/11/11, 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02MoMmA 12/11/11, 10:07 am

anselansel wrote:No one said trust the schools, but they are open to parental supervision. Not closed by policy

The Txns wont allow parents in, but that doesnt mean you cant bring a chair and blanket (when its cold) and sit along the fence and watch. Just hope your kid gets field 1!
02MoMmA
02MoMmA
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/11/11, 10:33 am

[quote="txtransplant"]
anselansel wrote:No one sits w their kid all day, but you can sign in at any time and GO to the class. It is not off limits to adults. Pretty obtuse not to see the difference...
Not everywhere. At least not at my DD's elementary school. If you aren't on a visitor list from the teacher, you aren't getting through the front door.

The level of trust that works for one parent isn't going to work for another. There's no reason to judge others who allow their children a bit of freedom, entrust their care to certain adults and basically call us bad parents.

I was lucky enough that my parents allowed me to be a foreign exchange student. I'm sure many of you would think my parents were asking for trouble, sending their 16 year old daughter to live halfway around the world for an entire year. Not only living in a home with people they had never met, but in a house with two teenage boys of the same age. Some of you would call this reckless. I would call it my parents giving me the experience of a lifetime.

Bad things can happen no matter how much we try to protect our children. That doesn't mean I'm going to let my 11 yr old walk the streets at midnight. But I'm not going to hover over her to the point she doesn't know how to survive later in life without interference.[/quote] I agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 12/11/11, 10:49 am

I don't care how many people defend closed practices for little kids. If DT had a problem with an intrusive parent or two then they should have eliminated the issue. Now it's a perfect situation for a Sandusky to slip in and take advantage of the indefensible. Sandusky set up an entire foundation to help target the weak children. Looks pretty damn similar to me. Shame on you if anything inappropriate happens to your kid because "we never thought he was that kind of person" guy gets to them.

Last edited by coachr on 12/11/11, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 12/11/11, 10:56 am

[quote="#2420"]
txtransplant wrote:

Bad things can happen no matter how much we try to protect our children. That doesn't mean I'm going to let my 11 yr old walk the streets at midnight. But I'm not going to hover over her to the point she doesn't know how to survive later in life without interference.[/quote] I agree.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 12/11/11, 11:01 am

txtransplant wrote:

Bad things can happen no matter how much we try to protect our children. That doesn't mean I'm going to let my 11 yr old walk the streets at midnight. But I'm not going to hover over her to the point she doesn't know how to survive later in life without interference.
Your premise is wrong. Had the foreign exchange company been recruiting 7-11 year olds and not allowing the parents to talk to or learn about their hosts then you'd have a DT situation. 16 ain't 10 now matter how you try to rationalize it. The 10 yr old boy raped by Sandusky said "you couldn't say no to Jerry." he'd seen people protecting Sandusky.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 12/11/11, 11:11 am

coachr wrote:
txtransplant wrote:

Your premise is wrong. Had the foreign exchange company been recruiting 7-11 year olds and not allowing the parents to talk to or learn about their hosts then you'd have a DT situation. 16 ain't 10 now matter how you try to rationalize it. The 10 yr old boy raped by Sandusky said "you couldn't say no to Jerry." he'd seen people protecting Sandusky.

Are you really comparing the situation at Penn State to closed practices at DT? Dude, you've lost it. Try not to let your obvious disdain for DT overwhelm you so much that it doesn't allow you to think/post rationally.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/11/11, 11:57 am

The closed practices are a real joke. No other club does this. You should see all the parents lined up in chairs outside the fence. While nobody can compare this with what happened at Penn St. This is just over the top. I have talked with many old school Texan parents who are really getting tired of some of these antics(Ryan Higg in particular) Texans have lost a ton of girls lately. Several teams, I hope Bubb is making lots of money. What a mess. No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/11/11, 01:41 pm

I will put it this way. I have had fire alarms in every room of my house for over 20 years. Not one time have they ever had to alarm my family of a fire. But they are there for a damn good reason. So should I take them out because the house has been safe from fire for over 20 years?

Back to top Go down

Post by Texdad 12/11/11, 03:02 pm

Closed practices are a horrible idea. When I was in middle school, we had a female coach that coached girls basketball. She closed practices off to the parents. She then proceeded to "groom a young middle school girl" over the course of a year and eventually molested her for a long period of time. She built trust with the girl first without the parents around, While convincing the entire community that she was a moral upstanding coach. Everyone trusted her. Everyone! She did not have a record.
No one wants to believe that it could happen to their kid but it can. The only solution is to watch everything your kid does. Never, ever turn your child over to a coach without your supervision. When they turn 16, you have to let go a little bit and pray that nothing bad happens, but until then a parent's #1 job is to protect their child.

Texdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT 12/11/11, 03:45 pm

02Dad wrote:
TNT wrote:I have always said no coach or club will prevent my presence when my child is involved. It's ashame that our society has succumb to such, but there are many reasons it has.

Do you go to your DD's school and insist that you be allowed to sit in class with her all day?

Different setting, we don't have the opportunity of oversight in everything, but when were paying and it is on the private side, we darn sure do. If you want to leave your DD alone, go ahead, of course when you hear of such things happening, lack of parent oversight is usually a common denominator. The good thing is that most teams will have a parent there that is trying to watch out for everyone.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TNT 12/11/11, 03:48 pm

02MoMmA wrote:
anselansel wrote:No one said trust the schools, but they are open to parental supervision. Not closed by policy

The Txns wont allow parents in, but that doesnt mean you cant bring a chair and blanket (when its cold) and sit along the fence and watch. Just hope your kid gets field 1!

That's one reason for not signing with the Texans. This new policy may be a factor for them come June. That is if I understood correctly that this "rule" was invoked after evryone had signed.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 96soccermom 12/11/11, 06:41 pm

While I realize for some people it's something they don't want it's only for teams that practice at Ross Stewart and most Texans teams do not practice there.. Every team is allowed to have the manager or their designee at practice by the field at all practices even at the older ages.

I can't tell you over the years even at young ages parents dropped their kids off at practice and returned when it was over. Never getting out of the car. I have no illusions at the ability of anyone finding a way to manipulate a child if that is their choice. Sadly it happens even with the parents watching and involved.

Maybe I would have felt differently if my dd was younger I don't know but at 15 I hope I have taught her what to be aware of and when to speak up. I know when I was 15 I didn't understand or had been prepared for the dangers out there, not because my parents weren't protective but because it wasn't spoken about. Everytime my dd leaves my sight to go to a friends, to school, camp, etc I have to believe that I have done my job as a parent and taught her well and protected her to the best of my ability. I can't be where she is 100% of the time even when she was younger.

Make your choice about how you want to be with your child but do not judge me or imply that I am not worried or do not attempt to protect my child because she practices and plays with a team who has a rule that parents aren't allowed on the fields.

96soccermom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 12/11/11, 09:30 pm

Gunners wrote:
coachr wrote:
txtransplant wrote:

Are you really comparing the situation at Penn State to closed practices at DT? Dude, you've lost it. Try not to let your obvious disdain for DT overwhelm you so much that it doesn't allow you to think/post rationally.
I don't have a problem with the texans. Why do you attack me because I have a genuine concern over the RS closed practice policy. And the Penn State situation is a perfect parallel. Don't be ignorant. Read the grand jury's report and you'll see.
You may not like the serious coachr but I'm dead serious when it comes to keeping predators away from my kids. Read the report gunners. Read the damn report
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 13/11/11, 08:05 am

Read it a week ago and as I, and others, have said it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 13/11/11, 10:06 am

Gunners wrote:Read it a week ago and as I, and others, have said it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
Ok let's assume it doesn't. I googled profile of a pedophile. This is an excerpt from the very first site that was listed.
"Pedophiles Work Around Children:

The pedophile will often be employed in a position that involves daily contact with children. If not employed, he will put himself in a position to do volunteer work with children, often in a supervisory capacity such as sports coaching, contact sport instruction, unsupervised tutoring or a position where he has the opportunity to spend unsupervised time with a child."
http://crime.about.com/od/sex/p/pedophile.htm

This is an excerpt from the Mayo Clinic:

"For nonparental incest and nonviolent incidences of pedophilia, the child knows the offender (eg, neighbor, relative, family friend, or local individual with authority) an estimated 60% to 70% of the time.2,5,7 Pedophiles often intentionally try to place themselves in a position where they can meet children and have the opportunity to interact with children in an unsupervised way, such as when babysitting, doing volunteer work, doing hobbies, or coaching sports."
http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/content/82/4/457.full

I'm not going to post anymore references. If this isn't enough for you then to each their own.

coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bronxdad 16/01/12, 06:22 pm

I guess we can put this subject to bed....it appears now the Texans have reversed field and decided Ross Stewart is now again open to the parents

So my question, was this a Higgy rule now reversed by Bubb or have the Texans decided to listen to their parents?

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoy 16/01/12, 07:40 pm

bronxdad wrote:I guess we can put this subject to bed....it appears now the Texans have reversed field and decided Ross Stewart is now again open to the parents

So my question, was this a Higgy rule now reversed by Bubb or have the Texans decided to listen to their parents?

still no siblings under the age of 16. :-)
BigBoy
BigBoy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 16/01/12, 10:08 pm

BigBoy wrote:
bronxdad wrote:I guess we can put this subject to bed....it appears now the Texans have reversed field and decided Ross Stewart is now again open to the parents

still no siblings under the age of 16. :-)

They can come in, just not on the fields. Surprised

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/01/12, 10:37 am

Do you think that a Texans girls director has enough power to make or change that kind of rule for the whole Texans club?

Don't worry they will change it back after everyone re-signs!

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 18/01/12, 03:42 pm

Good for the Texans. They made the correct choice.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Kickside1993 31/01/12, 07:21 pm

Good for you Texans. Closed practices should be mandatory for all clubs.

Kickside1993
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by tornado11 15/07/13, 09:19 pm

TNT wrote:
metro wrote:TFC has had this policy as a club handed down from the DOC for many years with "Parent Viewing Areas" at there facilities. For awhile it bothered me, then it became an issue for me when I started having concerns about how a coach was treating and talking to my daughter. No grown up should talk to a child the way he talked and this policy enabled him to say things I know for a fact he would not say if I or other parents were within a hearing distance from practices. Mid season transfer and both daughter and myself felt much better with new coach. I still have issues with any policy that isolates my child from me and inhibits my ability to protect them physically and emotionally.

Well said.....give up the coach please so we can detour around him, I have had enough of the jack wagon coaches and their oversized loud mouthed egos, if they are going to act like a fool, then they should be exposed.

...no...they should be unemployed. I am shocked at the number of negative, yelling, screaming, verbally abusive 'coaches' involved in club soccer in N.Tx...

tornado11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next