North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Fall Kick-Off Classic August 19th - 21st - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Fall Kick-Off Classic August 19th - 21st

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Fall Kick-Off Classic August 19th - 21st - Page 4 Empty Re: Fall Kick-Off Classic August 19th - 21st

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 04:35 pm

soccerbum11 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:
youthsports wrote:I missed the game of the year. Can someone give a complete rundown of the LP Dalglish vs. Solar Kennington game: who dominated possession, shots on goal, final score.

Thanks
Liverpool Dalglish won 2-1 but the scoreline does reflect the dominance of Dalglish in this game. In the first period, Solar did not cross the midway line any more than half a dozen times. The LP goalie touched the ball twice. During this time Liverpool scored two plus had another goal called back.
But give credit to Solar for sticking with it, and in the last 6-7 minutes they gave it all they could.
Overall I think this puts to bed any debate on who has the top 04 team, especially when you consider that Solar used four 03 players. Liverpool had two 05 players who both scored.
The real talking point now needs to be who has the 2nd best 04 team? Texans North or Solar Kenn? Now THAT will be a fun game!

I am a little confused why 2 teams that play for 5th and 6th place game in the 03 age group up would be considered the top teams in the 04 age group? Seriously 5th and 6th place, at least make it into the semi-final.

That format was a little unforgiving. Drawing one of the favorites in ur pool then being asked to go undefeated just to make the semis

Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Fall Kick-Off Classic August 19th - 21st - Page 4 Empty Re: Fall Kick-Off Classic August 19th - 21st

Post by Guest 21/08/11, 04:39 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
Pitchdad wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
TCUDad wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:IMO Dalglish possessed the ball much better than kenn for two thirds of the game, then kenn put on the pressure for the last part to try get the tying goal. Probably Dalglish overall was the better team but also great effort from kenn. One thing I would say is when kenn dont have their 03s in the team it may get tough.

Entertaining game to watch. The pressure in the final 8 min coincided with the subbing of our 2 outside mids. they were doing a great job all game of winning balls, moving balls and shutting down any attack from outside. as soon as they went out it changed the game. Dalglish has been in search of a keeper for some time now..... so if there is anyone wanting a shot...... Laughing Would like to see that game without the solar 03s in there. i know one on the outside put a few nice crosses right in the box. The 2 goals for LP came from the 2 05 girls. cheers Very fun game today. All the parents seemed to be in order. Enjoyed everything but the heat!!

What a post! You just implied that your two subs suck and your keeper is worthless. I bet the other parents on that team love you. Have you ever heard of showing a little class? The Liverpool reputation gets worse and worse with every post by you guys.

One sub that came in had never played w us before. Noone said they sucked. The keeper has only played a few games with us and yes there has been a search for a keeper. Are subs usually as good as the starters??? what r u talking about??

Why is any kid at this age being referred to as a sub and not as good as the starters. This is about DEVELOPMENT right? How much playing time do those subs get and if not much why not? Wouldnt they be better off playing against a team like this, then riding the pine with them?

As far as playing time, LW does a very good job at getting the girls in. When u play up u may come up agaisnt very tough teams. If some players are not getting the job done or just getting run over by the opposition, should he just leave them in? There are also other factors. If there are players that miss training with regularity, should they get "equal playing time"? think there is being too much read into this

So what you are saying is those that fit the info you put out there about your own team need to step it up on the pitch,and get to practice more often? In your opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerbum11 21/08/11, 04:41 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
soccerbum11 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:
youthsports wrote:I missed the game of the year. Can someone give a complete rundown of the LP Dalglish vs. Solar Kennington game: who dominated possession, shots on goal, final score.

Thanks
Liverpool Dalglish won 2-1 but the scoreline does reflect the dominance of Dalglish in this game. In the first period, Solar did not cross the midway line any more than half a dozen times. The LP goalie touched the ball twice. During this time Liverpool scored two plus had another goal called back.
But give credit to Solar for sticking with it, and in the last 6-7 minutes they gave it all they could.
Overall I think this puts to bed any debate on who has the top 04 team, especially when you consider that Solar used four 03 players. Liverpool had two 05 players who both scored.
The real talking point now needs to be who has the 2nd best 04 team? Texans North or Solar Kenn? Now THAT will be a fun game!

I am a little confused why 2 teams that play for 5th and 6th place game in the 03 age group up would be considered the top teams in the 04 age group? Seriously 5th and 6th place, at least make it into the semi-final.

LOL!!! In an 03 tournament... Not beating Sting means Dalglish sucks.... they should just fold. DT parent right?

Actually no, 03 parent! And I think it is funny how you are bragging on your 5th and 6th place finish.

soccerbum11
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 04:44 pm

Pitchdad wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
Pitchdad wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
TCUDad wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:IMO Dalglish possessed the ball much better than kenn for two thirds of the game, then kenn put on the pressure for the last part to try get the tying goal. Probably Dalglish overall was the better team but also great effort from kenn. One thing I would say is when kenn dont have their 03s in the team it may get tough.

Entertaining game to watch. The pressure in the final 8 min coincided with the subbing of our 2 outside mids. they were doing a great job all game of winning balls, moving balls and shutting down any attack from outside. as soon as they went out it changed the game. Dalglish has been in search of a keeper for some time now..... so if there is anyone wanting a shot...... Laughing Would like to see that game without the solar 03s in there. i know one on the outside put a few nice crosses right in the box. The 2 goals for LP came from the 2 05 girls. cheers Very fun game today. All the parents seemed to be in order. Enjoyed everything but the heat!!

What a post! You just implied that your two subs suck and your keeper is worthless. I bet the other parents on that team love you. Have you ever heard of showing a little class? The Liverpool reputation gets worse and worse with every post by you guys.

One sub that came in had never played w us before. Noone said they sucked. The keeper has only played a few games with us and yes there has been a search for a keeper. Are subs usually as good as the starters??? what r u talking about??

Why is any kid at this age being referred to as a sub and not as good as the starters. This is about DEVELOPMENT right? How much playing time do those subs get and if not much why not? Wouldnt they be better off playing against a team like this, then riding the pine with them?

As far as playing time, LW does a very good job at getting the girls in. When u play up u may come up agaisnt very tough teams. If some players are not getting the job done or just getting run over by the opposition, should he just leave them in? There are also other factors. If there are players that miss training with regularity, should they get "equal playing time"? think there is being too much read into this

So what you are saying is those that fit the info you put out there about your own team need to step it up on the pitch,and get to practice more often? In your opinion.

No, personally i think the kids that dont ever come to practice get the most PT while the kids that miss 1 or 2 practices a year should ride the pine
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 04:45 pm

soccerbum11 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
soccerbum11 wrote:
SoftballDad wrote:

Thanks

LOL!!! In an 03 tournament... Not beating Sting means Dalglish sucks.... they should just fold. DT parent right?

Actually no, 03 parent! And I think it is funny how you are bragging on your 5th and 6th place finish.

Bragging about 5th?? no, just alot of people have been saying for a long time how solar is better than Dalglish. Stick to ur 03 stuff
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 04:46 pm

This has simply been a conversation about the 2 teams, not the well layed out tourney
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by youthsports 21/08/11, 05:24 pm

go99 wrote:I don't think daglish is even close to srsa and I don't think additions would help. I think the DTS 03 top team showed we have a long way to go as far as speed of play. Really enjoy playing team like that but anybody who hinks we have a chance at winning is way off. BTW daglish didn't get their wish. Their wish was to advance to the next round and play more games. Could have really cared less about the game and it turned out about as expected. Solar is a very good team and move the ball well. Daglish played the game at a faster pace. There was a level of pressure and pace that caused them problems. Daglish has spent one season that many people said was wasted playing D3 that was at a faster pace and face it every week in practice. I think it will be fun to see as kenningtons speed of play picks up. I wish he had played 03 during the summer tournaments so that they would have been ready for the season but they will be good. And our subs do not suck and no one said that they did. They were playing a position that they normally do not play. The 2 that do play there have spen a season and the summer learning what the coach is wanting them to do and they still struggle with execution and choices they are just 04's. It would have been a little much to ask 2 little girls to step in and execute to the same level. Kenn and rosales would be a nice game. I think Kenn is playing better soccer but Rosales is probably alot faster in play.

Thanks for answering my question. Well then it is settled, we are just waiting on Shelby to officially declare Dalglish 04 the number 1 team in 04 soccer and thereby conclude any discussions of Dalglish on this thread.

I watched the DT North vs. Odyssey game this morning and I am officially on the DT North bandwagon. The question is, how close are they to Solar Kennington? Have there been any friendlies between these two teams, indoor or outdoor?

youthsports
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 21/08/11, 05:46 pm

youthsports wrote:
go99 wrote:I don't think daglish is even close to srsa and I don't think additions would help. I think the DTS 03 top team showed we have a long way to go as far as speed of play. Really enjoy playing team like that but anybody who hinks we have a chance at winning is way off. BTW daglish didn't get their wish. Their wish was to advance to the next round and play more games. Could have really cared less about the game and it turned out about as expected. Solar is a very good team and move the ball well. Daglish played the game at a faster pace. There was a level of pressure and pace that caused them problems. Daglish has spent one season that many people said was wasted playing D3 that was at a faster pace and face it every week in practice. I think it will be fun to see as kenningtons speed of play picks up. I wish he had played 03 during the summer tournaments so that they would have been ready for the season but they will be good. And our subs do not suck and no one said that they did. They were playing a position that they normally do not play. The 2 that do play there have spen a season and the summer learning what the coach is wanting them to do and they still struggle with execution and choices they are just 04's. It would have been a little much to ask 2 little girls to step in and execute to the same level. Kenn and rosales would be a nice game. I think Kenn is playing better soccer but Rosales is probably alot faster in play.

Thanks for answering my question. Well then it is settled, we are just waiting on Shelby to officially declare Dalglish 04 the number 1 team in 04 soccer and thereby conclude any discussions of Dalglish on this thread.

I watched the DT North vs. Odyssey game this morning and I am officially on the DT North bandwagon. The question is, how close are they to Solar Kennington? Have there been any friendlies between these two teams, indoor or outdoor?

LOL... I'm glad my opinion matters so much to you, but I already placed Dalgish in the number 1 slot several weeks ago. You are a bit late to the party my friend.

Curious as to what happened to DT South 04s... they seemed to struggle all weekend... Off tournament or is there more to it...

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar 21/08/11, 06:33 pm

As a parent who's kid played today....I would say it was a fun game to watch. Two very good teams with girl that were playing the game and fighting through the Texas heat. Some parents might care who won, for me it was a bad tournament in regards to games and no semis. How hey they handled the # of teams and 3 games sucked.

The final game was a battle for both teams and both teams showed they have girls who know what to do and fight.

As a parent I was proud of my child, our team, and the girls we played against. Why parents get caught up in who is the best 04 team 3 years away from signing day.................oh...............have no idea. good luck with that. I just hope my kid is not a cheerleader in 3 years.
LoneStar
LoneStar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 07:14 pm

LoneStar wrote:As a parent who's kid played today....I would say it was a fun game to watch. Two very good teams with girl that were playing the game and fighting through the Texas heat. Some parents might care who won, for me it was a bad tournament in regards to games and no semis. How hey they handled the # of teams and 3 games sucked.

The final game was a battle for both teams and both teams showed they have girls who know what to do and fight.

As a parent I was proud of my child, our team, and the girls we played against. Why parents get caught up in who is the best 04 team 3 years away from signing day.................oh...............have no idea. good luck with that. I just hope my kid is not a cheerleader in 3 years.

She would do good in a skirt doing cartwheels!!
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar 21/08/11, 07:55 pm

She would need to lose a few lbs to fit. But bottom line if that is what she wants to do we will do it, she has thought that once and she was away for a year. My kid is my life, not soccer
LoneStar
LoneStar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 21/08/11, 08:15 pm

LoneStar wrote:As a parent who's kid played today....I would say it was a fun game to watch. Two very good teams with girl that were playing the game and fighting through the Texas heat. Some parents might care who won, for me it was a bad tournament in regards to games and no semis. How hey they handled the # of teams and 3 games sucked.

Hey, my dd wanted to do cheer this fall....what are you trying to say, oh before I forget "GO HORNFROGS" ....yes that right she is a Hornfrog this fall! At least its tackle this season instead of flag! I'm crossing my fingers my 04 will be back on the pitch by Christmas time.
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 21/08/11, 08:30 pm

LoneStar wrote:She would need to lose a few lbs to fit. But bottom line if that is what she wants to do we will do it, she has thought that once and she was away for a year. My kid is my life, not soccer

Oh i hear ya! it would kill me but i would support her 100%. I wouldnt trade my kiddos for nuttin!
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 21/08/11, 09:56 pm

Was able to catch parts of some games this weekend. My observations:

From a skill standpoint, probably not that much separating LP and Solar. However, LP was much more aggressive and they just flat out won more balls in their game against Solar. Their tactical game was also at a higher level. LP used more of the field and playing wide opened up many attacking opportunities. Playing against 03's last season definitely helped them with these things. Credit to LW. Many were bashing him for that decision. The Solar star was marked the entire game and had difficulty getting things going. Another credit to LW.

In my opinion, I would give DTN the edge over Solar from what I've seen. Solar was the best team in SDL last season beating DTN and everybody else. In fact, I believe DTN finished somewhere near the bottom of D1. However, DTN is probably the most improved team since then. They've beaten Solar Kennington twice in indoor this summer in games that were not close. I know indoor and outdoor are different, but I think DTN would win in outdoor as well. Also, DTN is the only 04 team that has beaten LP in 3v3. To me, I am more eager to watch LP vs. DTN in outdoor. They have very similar styles of play.

The greatest strength that I see from LP is again their depth. They have many players who can score. Solar and DTN have one or two players they rely on for their offense. If they have a bad game or are marked, their respective teams struggle. There is no one player to mark on LP.

DTS had a poor showing this weekend. What happened to them? DTS reigned supreme last year when they beat Solar and LP to win the championship. Can anybody forget the chatter on this forum after that tournament? I would consider Rowdies over DTS at this point as the second best Texans team.

I don't mean this to be a Solar or DTS bashing post. They are all extremely talented teams. This forum is merely for parents to amuse themselves. In the end does it really matter who is first or who is tenth? As long as the girls are having fun is all that really counts.

2good4u
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jklinsmann 03/09/11, 12:51 am

As an observer of the game, it is clear to me that LP Daglish benefited from their experience playing in the 9 v 9 format whereas Solar Kenn was not nearly as comfortable.

From a skills and athleticism standpoint, both teams are relatively on par. Without a doubt, LPD has been coached to keep their shape better and they maintained possession with far greater ease than SK. LP Daglish was the smoother and more relaxed team. Credit to Daglish and his coaching.

Without a working knowledge of every '03 that played in the game for either team, I can safely say that I did not see an '03 on either team that dominated the game or significantly contributed to the outcome.

SK seemed to really gain momentum in the second half, NOT just the period after the waterbreak. SK consistently pressured LPD in the second half. I did not keep count, but I am confident that LP did not initiate more than 3 solid offensive buid-ups in the second half. Then again it was really hot and I may have missed something.

This will be a great Fall matchup and a fun game to watch for a years to come, assuming both teams can stay intact. LPD is better today, but SK should have every reason to believe they can catch up and make things interesting.

Lone Star, you and I are on the same page. Soccer First, drama last............here's to three years from now and the great times with our kids in between.

jklinsmann
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4