North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Players leaving? - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Players leaving?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Players leaving? - Page 4 Empty Re: Players leaving?

Post by DT4L 26/10/11, 08:39 pm

royalwedding wrote:How do you throw a trash can away?
what happen to the defeeter avatar u had. And by the way you throw trash away by putting another uniform on and leaving. The girls we lost were good but this train is still rolling all a board.

DT4L
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by raider 26/10/11, 09:05 pm

DT4L wrote:
royalwedding wrote:How do you throw a trash can away?
what happen to the defeeter avatar u had. And by the way you throw trash away by putting another uniform on and leaving. The girls we lost were good but this train is still rolling all a board.

Can you just continue to screw up your team and leave the rest of us alone. D'Feeters avatar?? Really? Look back at my comments to Royal Wedding and you might remember you and Royal Wedding are/were on the same team.

You're the same guy who went out of his way last week to predict a Webb 8-0 win over Feet. You are a classy guy, and I think your avatar is right on, you big dummy!

raider
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 26/10/11, 09:11 pm

hardtruthsoldier123 wrote:
just a fan wrote:Ok here we go again. Any info. on how many players left DT Bennett. From a source... they said 6 players left. Well they have enought to play in Tournaments coming up. Sad to here that.

I heard 6 myself as well as TB was out and Davis in. Can anyone confirm? I am not sure what is left once Davis takes over.
Davis ain't takin over I can guarantee you that.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by royalwedding 26/10/11, 11:10 pm

coachr wrote:
just a fan wrote:Ok here we go again. Any info. on how many players left DT Bennett. From a source... they said 6 players left. Well they have enought to play in Tournaments coming up. Sad to here that.

I heard 6 myself as well as TB was out and Davis in. Can anyone confirm? I am not sure what is left once Davis takes over.
Usually I don't post much but obviously people discussing this don't know the play or the persons involved. While the technique is a little unconventional, it can be effective. As for delaying the game - that did NOT happen. The team actually played a man down while the game was going on. I've seen the same for tying a cleat or an injury. As for excessive, FIVE [not 10 or more like some claimed] push-ups takes no longer than most throw-ins or shoe tying. As for embarrassing or otherwise excessive, again while unconventional - I've seen much worse alternatives. Like the coach who have a tirade in Austin tournament this summer, while berating his players so much the ref finally ejected him. Or the ones, I've seen in SDL or during LHGCL qualifiers, that screamed at everyone so constantly that you could not tell if the forehead was sun burnt or if their head was boiling over. Those are the coaches that should be called out on this board for anger issues and I've seen enough of those over two years of academy and a year and a half of select. Or would you rather have the coaches that sit a player out for the entire next game or two because of one mistake. That's really effective way to learn, by not being on the field. Have seen that also. Are they cool calm and collect OR passive aggressive. Depends on the person sitting the bench after a road trip and maybe a hotel stay at your expense. Every coach has to exercise a certain amount of control over their team. So is it really bad that a coach that might ask for a few push ups but doesn't yell a lot, doesn't berate players in public and gives everyone playing time. If methods are a little different, is that reason to label them as needing anger management and to not be coaching. Seriously? Forest Gump said "Mamma, always says stupid is a stupid does." Maybe said coaches uses an unconventional approach to keep control AND composure when players are not thinking; if it helps the player refocus then that might not be a bad idea. Coach expects what is practiced to be used in a game. Five push ups and letting them play is better than calling them id10ts in public or benching them. You learn by playing. If the players and parents are cool with it, then who cares how unconventional it is. Just look at HS American football coaches or collegiate coaches and you will see many unconventional methods. Just MHO.

royalwedding
royalwedding
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by royalwedding 26/10/11, 11:13 pm

royalwedding wrote:
coachr wrote:

Usually I don't post much but obviously people discussing this don't know the play or the persons involved. While the technique is a little unconventional, it can be effective. As for delaying the game - that did NOT happen. The team actually played a man down while the game was going on. I've seen the same for tying a cleat or an injury. As for excessive, FIVE [not 10 or more like some claimed] push-ups takes no longer than most throw-ins or shoe tying. As for embarrassing or otherwise excessive, again while unconventional - I've seen much worse alternatives. Like the coach who have a tirade in Austin tournament this summer, while berating his players so much the ref finally ejected him. Or the ones, I've seen in SDL or during LHGCL qualifiers, that screamed at everyone so constantly that you could not tell if the forehead was sun burnt or if their head was boiling over. Those are the coaches that should be called out on this board for anger issues and I've seen enough of those over two years of academy and a year and a half of select. Or would you rather have the coaches that sit a player out for the entire next game or two because of one mistake. That's really effective way to learn, by not being on the field. Have seen that also. Are they cool calm and collect OR passive aggressive. Depends on the person sitting the bench after a road trip and maybe a hotel stay at your expense. Every coach has to exercise a certain amount of control over their team. So is it really bad that a coach that might ask for a few push ups but doesn't yell a lot, doesn't berate players in public and gives everyone playing time. If methods are a little different, is that reason to label them as needing anger management and to not be coaching. Seriously? Forest Gump said "Mamma, always says stupid is a stupid does." Maybe said coaches uses an unconventional approach to keep control AND composure when players are not thinking; if it helps the player refocus then that might not be a bad idea. Coach expects what is practiced to be used in a game. Five push ups and letting them play is better than calling them id10ts in public or benching them. You learn by playing. If the players and parents are cool with it, then who cares how unconventional it is. Just look at HS American football coaches or collegiate coaches and you will see many unconventional methods. Just MHO.
Back in my coaching time, all the coaches in the district would meet up. Each coach would nominate the players they thought deserve All-District. Then each coach would make their argument over each player. In the end, the coaches vote for the players they think should make it based on the nominations. There can be quite a bit of arguing and fighting over this. If you are in good graces with your coach, he/she may insist upon your kid being deserving of such an award,but if they aren't so impressed with your kid, their attitude, the parent's attitude, etc., then they may not put up much of a fight in favor of your kid.

But that was back then. I can't speak for exactly how they do it now.

Additional comment added later: And coaches tend not to leave people off just because of petty differences. They look better themselves the more players they have on these awards lists..

royalwedding
royalwedding
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by royalwedding 26/10/11, 11:18 pm

I've got a funny feeling
The moment that your lips touched mine
Something shot right through me
My heart skipped a beat in time

There's a different feel about you tonight
It's got me thinkin' lots of crazy things
I even think I saw a flash of light
It felt like electricity

You shouldn't kiss me like this
Unless you mean it like that
Cause I'll just close my eyes
And I won't know where I'm at
We'll get lost on this dance floor
Spinnin' around
And around
And around
And around

They're all watchin' us now
They think we're falling in love
They'd never believe we're just friends
When you kiss me like this
I think you mean it like that
If you do baby kiss me again

Everybody swears we make the perfect pair
But dancing is as far as it goes
Girl you've never moved me quite
The way you moved me tonight
I just wanted you to know
I just wanted you to know

You shouldn't kiss me like this
Unless you mean it like that
Cause I'll just close my eyes
And I won't know where I'm at
We'll get lost on this dance floor
Spinnin' around
And around
And around
And around

They're all watchin' us now
They think we're falling in love
They'd never believe we're just friends
When you kiss me like this
I think you mean it like that
If you do baby kiss me again
Kiss me again

royalwedding
royalwedding
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by royalwedding 26/10/11, 11:25 pm

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

royalwedding
royalwedding
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by royalwedding 26/10/11, 11:30 pm

I know the 1st reply might be “if you don't like it then leave" but after reading and experiencing the "classic” league this season, changes must be made.
1. Games being cancelled at the last minute. I am not sure whose fault it is, but would it be too much to ask LHGCL to confirm the field conditions and availability on Thursday?
2. Games being played without trainers or any officials from LHGCL. Games were played last Saturday at Railroad and when an injury occurred, the parents and coaches had nobody to communicate to. Proper medical personnel with a radio and first aid kit is non negotiable!
3. I have heard about 2 broken legs, 2 broken arms 1 concussion, and 1 serious injury that required care flight on this past weekend. I did not confirm any of the injuries, but is this normal? Has rough play been allowed to go on too long? Can LHGCL demand the officials to call a tighter game? Does LHGCL keep statistics to track serious injuries?
4. Field conditions are not great at any of the facilities, but Moss Park has deteriorated into an unsafe surface. I have seen a hole so big on field #5 that someone put 4 cones in it to keep the girls from falling into it.
I do not have all of the answers, and I do realize that most of the league is made up of volunteers. That being said, I do think they have a responsibility to provide our DD's a safe place to play. At what point does this become negligence?
Remember the Classic league is CLASSIC because our talented, motivated DD's play in it! We are the customer. Make it right!
royalwedding
royalwedding
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/11, 08:07 am

coachr wrote:

Somebody mark this post.... It might not be Davis but can you guarantee that it will be TB and if so for how long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4