2017/2018 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» LP U14 ECNL?
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 06:44 pm

» Announcing New Club Invites
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 06:34 pm

» Sting 08 Weigelt- Looking for 1-2 Committed Players
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 06:28 pm

» New to Area. Best Soccer 06' Soccer Coach
by CardinalRule Yesterday at 06:15 pm

» 2nd Time thru.
by Kmp92702 Yesterday at 06:04 pm

» FBR09 Rankings February 22nd, 2018
by FBR09G Yesterday at 01:58 pm

» different shoes for grass and turf?
by President Camacho Yesterday at 12:53 pm

» 02 Girls Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C Yesterday at 11:12 am

» FBR 08 February 20th 2018
by President Camacho Yesterday at 10:33 am

» LHD2 NTX Celtic 02G McCallum - LOOKING FOR GOALKEEPER
by NTX Celtic FC Yesterday at 09:40 am

» 06 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (May 11-13)
by U90C Yesterday at 09:22 am

» Select Question for Veteran Parents
by Medicine Man Yesterday at 06:29 am

» Youth Pick-up Games this Friday
by cityfutsal 21/02/18, 05:13 pm

» U 11 Team looking to schudule scrimmage games
by Panther City FC 07G 21/02/18, 11:13 am

» 05 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (May 11-13)
by U90C 21/02/18, 10:56 am

» Liverpool 09 girls Keegan (FLYNN)
by LP_Elite 21/02/18, 10:33 am

» Sting Dallas Player Opportunities 2018
by Medicine Man 21/02/18, 06:23 am

» Texas Spurs 10/11' Blanton Looking
by tareyncarol 20/02/18, 08:10 pm

» Texas Spurs 10' Blanton Looking
by tareyncarol 20/02/18, 08:06 pm

» Texas Spurs 09' Blanton Looking
by tareyncarol 20/02/18, 08:05 pm

» Texas Spurs 08' Blanton Looking
by tareyncarol 20/02/18, 08:03 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 20/02/18, 02:24 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 20/02/18, 02:23 pm

» This topic is about absolutely nothing
by KeeperCommander 20/02/18, 12:05 pm

» Sting North 08 Shepard
by skills 20/02/18, 07:14 am

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11579 registered users
The newest registered user is Panther City FC 07G

Our users have posted a total of 168226 messages in 21185 subjects

Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Post by wittymgr on 02/02/12, 11:15 am

setplay wrote:has anyone from a ecnl club's other team been contacted to join their "premier teams" for an event like this. i think an event like this would be cool if you saw for example the best kids from solar bates, monte, and guim take the best from sting and fcd and so on. but from what i see so far just looks like more seperation from haves to have nots.
At the U-13 level this is the case with FC Dallas. Can't speak for the other age groups, but nearly all the Lake Highlands level teams are represented in the two '99 teams traveling to Austin this weekend.

wittymgr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 288
Join date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Post by coachr on 02/02/12, 03:13 pm

If you are asking this question then you will soon have less money.
It's like asking if I gamble in Vegas what does it mean? Smile
avatar
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 989
Points : 3574
Join date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Post by Type 1 left-footer on 02/02/12, 03:18 pm

coachr wrote:If you are asking this question then you will soon have less money.
It's like asking if I gamble in Vegas what does it mean? Smile

apparently my wallet is safe for now. Razz
avatar
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1026
Points : 4498
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Post by wittymgr on 02/02/12, 03:30 pm

Type 1 left-footer wrote:apparently my wallet is safe for now. Razz
Very Happy cheers
avatar
wittymgr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 288
Points : 3541
Join date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Post by fatherofoneplayer on 02/02/12, 03:40 pm

wbfcd99 wrote:
setplay wrote:has anyone from a ecnl club's other team been contacted to join their "premier teams" for an event like this. i think an event like this would be cool if you saw for example the best kids from solar bates, monte, and guim take the best from sting and fcd and so on. but from what i see so far just looks like more seperation from haves to have nots.
At the U-13 level this is the case with FC Dallas. Can't speak for the other age groups, but nearly all the Lake Highlands level teams are represented in the two '99 teams traveling to Austin this weekend.

Wink
avatar
fatherofoneplayer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 208
Points : 3248
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Post by futbollove on 02/02/12, 04:43 pm

wbfcd99 wrote:
setplay wrote:has anyone from a ecnl club's other team been contacted to join their "premier teams" for an event like this. i think an event like this would be cool if you saw for example the best kids from solar bates, monte, and guim take the best from sting and fcd and so on. but from what i see so far just looks like more seperation from haves to have nots.
At the U-13 level this is the case with FC Dallas. Can't speak for the other age groups, but nearly all the Lake Highlands level teams are represented in the two '99 teams traveling to Austin this weekend.

cheers cheers
Smart!
Sounds like someone's ahead of the curve.
avatar
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 680
Points : 3088
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Post by LoneStar on 13/02/12, 08:32 pm

Do what is best for your DD....bottom line. Being great at 8 means what? Being great at 14 means what?

Everyone on here will learn, it all comes back to your DD. Enjoy it and have fun.
avatar
LoneStar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 358
Points : 3637
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 44
Location : Frisco

Back to top Go down

Re: Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Post by crazman on 14/02/12, 07:54 am

If you are considering ECNL Jr or ECNL at there are many factors to consider. Competition should not be the only determining factor or even a major factor. I would say to focus on a few things that ensure her success. 1) It has to remain fun and if they go the ECNL route, the pressure mounts pretty quick. That pressure can't be defined in a capsule, and varies depending on club, coach, and team. 2) Fundamentals of being able to pass, trap, and move (with pressure both on and off the field) is vital. It is hard to go wrong regardless of what league you place your DD in when you focus on fundamentals. The key to performing in the game depends on how well your DD can handle levels of pressure and still execute on fundamentals.

Much of a child's longevity and success really boils down to their abilities on the field and how much they enjoy the sport. Keep in mind that these children are exploited based on their talent and most coaches (especially at the ECNL level) care more about what your DD can do for them instead of what they can do for your DD.

crazman
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 9
Points : 3209
Join date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Post by Pele98 on 14/02/12, 11:30 am

crazman wrote:If you are considering ECNL Jr or ECNL at there are many factors to consider. Competition should not be the only determining factor or even a major factor. I would say to focus on a few things that ensure her success. 1) It has to remain fun and if they go the ECNL route, the pressure mounts pretty quick. That pressure can't be defined in a capsule, and varies depending on club, coach, and team. 2) Fundamentals of being able to pass, trap, and move (with pressure both on and off the field) is vital. It is hard to go wrong regardless of what league you place your DD in when you focus on fundamentals. The key to performing in the game depends on how well your DD can handle levels of pressure and still execute on fundamentals.

Much of a child's longevity and success really boils down to their abilities on the field and how much they enjoy the sport. Keep in mind that these children are exploited based on their talent and most coaches (especially at the ECNL level) care more about what your DD can do for them instead of what they can do for your DD.

You put it like my dd's rec coach...about 10 years ago. You wouldn't happen to be him, would you?

All I had to do was substitute ECNL for Select Soccer in that statement, and I got him all over again.

How strange. Had she followed that advice/path, she would still be playing Rec right now. Wait a minute, scratch that, even his dd quit playing Rec too and went into Select Soccer. scratch confused

ECNL is not for everybody, and don't let anybody sale ECNL to you as well as not let anybody dissuade you from it either. Just know what you want and works for your dd and go for it.

It works in life, and soccer should not be any different.
avatar
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 587
Points : 3814
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Enjoying soccer........somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Post by Type 1 left-footer on 14/02/12, 01:13 pm

Thanks for all the great replies both posted and messaged. Very Happy

There is much to consider in the coming months and years.
DD has such a love for the game whether it is outdoor, indoor, futsal or just watching a game.
She is the kid that you see jumping right into the impromptu game or guest playing with a team of girls that she doesn't even know because they are short players. cheers
Her competitive streak makes me think that she should continue to compete at the highest level that fits her skill mastery.
avatar
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1026
Points : 4498
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Post by Guest on 14/02/12, 01:38 pm

Type 1 left-footer wrote:
She is the kid that you see jumping right into the impromptu game or guest playing with a team of girls that she doesn't even know because they are short players. cheers

Are you saying that she wouldn't do the same if they were tall players??? Isn't that considered profiling???

(Sorry, couldn't resist... been one of those days...) Twisted Evil

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Post by Type 1 left-footer on 14/02/12, 03:47 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Type 1 left-footer wrote:
She is the kid that you see jumping right into the impromptu game or guest playing with a team of girls that she doesn't even know because they are short players. cheers

Are you saying that she wouldn't do the same if they were tall players??? Isn't that considered profiling???

(Sorry, couldn't resist... been one of those days...) Twisted Evil

Razz
avatar
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1026
Points : 4498
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Post by Lawnboy on 14/02/12, 07:52 pm

Type 1 left-footer wrote:Thanks for all the great replies both posted and messaged. Very Happy

There is much to consider in the coming months and years.
DD has such a love for the game whether it is outdoor, indoor, futsal or just watching a game.
She is the kid that you see jumping right into the impromptu game or guest playing with a team of girls that she doesn't even know because they are short players. cheers
Her competitive streak makes me think that she should continue to compete at the highest level that fits her skill mastery.

Wait a minute... this is NTX. Kids don't play pick-up games at the park here just for fun - that's what's wrong with us. All the soccer Nazis say so, don't you know?

__________________________________________________







.
avatar
Lawnboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 924
Points : 4141
Join date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Post by 1more_dd_dad on 14/02/12, 08:16 pm

Lawnboy wrote:
Type 1 left-footer wrote:Thanks for all the great replies both posted and messaged. Very Happy

There is much to consider in the coming months and years.
DD has such a love for the game whether it is outdoor, indoor, futsal or just watching a game.
She is the kid that you see jumping right into the impromptu game or guest playing with a team of girls that she doesn't even know because they are short players. cheers
Her competitive streak makes me think that she should continue to compete at the highest level that fits her skill mastery.

Wait a minute... this is NTX. Kids don't play pick-up games at the park here just for fun - that's what's wrong with us. All the soccer Nazis say so, don't you know?

cheers Laughing Laughing cheers
avatar
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 950
Points : 4236
Join date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Explain ECNL Jr. to me PLEASE

Post by nukem on 14/02/12, 08:57 pm

bwgophers wrote:
Type 1 left-footer wrote:
She is the kid that you see jumping right into the impromptu game or guest playing with a team of girls that she doesn't even know because they are short players. cheers

Are you saying that she wouldn't do the same if they were tall players??? Isn't that considered profiling???

(Sorry, couldn't resist... been one of those days...) Twisted Evil

That is funny. I needed a good laugh today. Thanks gophers.
avatar
nukem
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 904
Points : 3780
Join date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum