2016/2017 Schedules

LH Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Solar 08 Cavalle - Flower Mound
by FMSolar Today at 06:39 pm

» Blue Star Fields
by jogobonito06 Today at 09:40 am

» Quiet Forum
by Kenny_Powers Today at 12:52 am

» TOURNAMENT: GULF COAST OPEN - Gulf Shores Area - Jan 12-15
by U90C Yesterday at 03:24 pm

» FootyID Camp | Winter 2017
by Footy Factory Yesterday at 10:17 am

» Revolution FC 08G - Lee looking for 2 or 3 players
by Revolution_Girls FC 08/12/17, 04:22 pm

» FC Dallas-West '11's/'12's
by Honeybadger 08/12/17, 10:38 am

» STING DALLAS 2011G/2012G “Officially starting to build out o
by psaldivar 08/12/17, 09:41 am

» Tetra Brazil: Winter Futsal Camp (Dec 18-22)
by jondavies3 08/12/17, 07:58 am

» Sting North 08 Shepard
by skills 08/12/17, 07:57 am

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 03:07 pm

» TX Alliance SC in Alliance-Keller Area looking to add player
by TXAllianceSoccer 07/12/17, 02:50 pm

» TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC - REGISTRATION DEADLINE APPROACHING
by NTXSoccaDad 07/12/17, 02:46 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» FootyTV
by Footy Factory 07/12/17, 02:22 pm

» CAMP IS FULL - GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP
by musaisaya 07/12/17, 01:58 pm

» FBR09 Rankings December 4th, 2017
by BigErn 07/12/17, 12:21 pm

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:28 am

» Futsal
by MFCCoach 07/12/17, 11:27 am

» Fever United 05 Phiri NPL Open Session Sunday December 17th
by ChessNotCheckers 07/12/17, 12:07 am

» STING EAST FREE 1HR SKILLS SESSIONS STARTING DECEMBER 15th
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:28 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:23 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:22 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:21 pm

» STING EAST SOCCER FORMING QUICKLY NEAR YOU!!!!
by psaldivar 06/12/17, 10:15 pm

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

2015 Donation
Make your annual TxSoccer.Net donation and get recognized

If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!
Statistics
We have 11458 registered users
The newest registered user is Boom2017

Our users have posted a total of 166036 messages in 20897 subjects

ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play?

Post by skillz on 13/01/12, 08:29 am

I'm torn. DD got email asking for availability for sub regional events. There is a direct conflict with LHGCL opening spring season game. Is anyone else facing the same dilemma?

skillz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 33
Points : 3167
Join date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play?

Post by Type 1 left-footer on 13/01/12, 09:32 am

skillz wrote:I'm torn. DD got email asking for availability for sub regional events. There is a direct conflict with LHGCL opening spring season game. Is anyone else facing the same dilemma?

Talk with coach. Club events are supposed to take priority over ODP events. BUT if your DD's team is sitting on a full roster and doesn't need your DD then coach may give the "go ahead".

Already bought tickets for the US Women's National Team so ODP will have to take a back seat that weekend for us. Cool
avatar
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1026
Points : 4424
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play?

Post by futbollove on 13/01/12, 10:13 am

skillz wrote:I'm torn. DD got email asking for availability for sub regional events. There is a direct conflict with LHGCL opening spring season game. Is anyone else facing the same dilemma?

No brainer- LH game. That's the team you committed too.
Plus it's easily going to be the most competitive of the two options.
avatar
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 680
Points : 3014
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play?

Post by my2cents on 13/01/12, 10:44 am

futbollove wrote:
skillz wrote:I'm torn. DD got email asking for availability for sub regional events. There is a direct conflict with LHGCL opening spring season game. Is anyone else facing the same dilemma?

No brainer- LH game. That's the team you committed too.
Plus it's easily going to be the most competitive of the two options.



How is that? Ever actually been to one?

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 278
Points : 2825
Join date : 2010-12-21

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play?

Post by futbollove on 13/01/12, 10:58 am

my2cents wrote:
futbollove wrote:
skillz wrote:I'm torn. DD got email asking for availability for sub regional events. There is a direct conflict with LHGCL opening spring season game. Is anyone else facing the same dilemma?

No brainer- LH game. That's the team you committed too.
Plus it's easily going to be the most competitive of the two options.



How is that? Ever actually been to one?

Several actually. And I certainly wouldn't miss a league game for it.
Have you been to one?
And most Div 1 games are more competitive.
Plus the fact that it's scheduled at the same time as LH games mean most of the pool won't show up.
avatar
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 680
Points : 3014
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play?

Post by TNT on 16/01/12, 10:25 am

skillz wrote:I'm torn. DD got email asking for availability for sub regional events. There is a direct conflict with LHGCL opening spring season game. Is anyone else facing the same dilemma?

We have been told that select team should come first, that they understand. I as well would talk to the coach and see what he says.
What age group does your dd play in?

__________________________________________________
DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!
avatar
TNT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 308
Points : 2972
Join date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play?

Post by my2cents on 16/01/12, 12:47 pm

futbollove wrote:
my2cents wrote:
futbollove wrote:
skillz wrote:I'm torn. DD got email asking for availability for sub regional events. There is a direct conflict with LHGCL opening spring season game. Is anyone else facing the same dilemma?

No brainer- LH game. That's the team you committed too.
Plus it's easily going to be the most competitive of the two options.



How is that? Ever actually been to one?

Several actually. And I certainly wouldn't miss a league game for it.
Have you been to one?
And most Div 1 games are more competitive.
Plus the fact that it's scheduled at the same time as LH games mean most of the pool won't show up.

No I have not been to one on the girls side. That is why I asked. I have been to 3 on the boys side and they are better than most D1 games. I do agree though that you should not skip a club event for a sub-regional but I would not skip the regional trials,if invited, for any club event . It also depends on who you play for and where you live. If you are centrally located playing for a large club with alot of player promotion then they will discourage ODP when they get older. If you live farther out and you do notcare to do the hour to two hour drive to a top team's practices then ODP can be a good venue for being scouted if you can make it to the regional level.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 278
Points : 2825
Join date : 2010-12-21

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play?

Post by futbollove on 16/01/12, 02:55 pm

my2cents wrote:
futbollove wrote:
my2cents wrote:
futbollove wrote:
skillz wrote:I'm torn. DD got email asking for availability for sub regional events. There is a direct conflict with LHGCL opening spring season game. Is anyone else facing the same dilemma?

No brainer- LH game. That's the team you committed too.
Plus it's easily going to be the most competitive of the two options.



How is that? Ever actually been to one?

Several actually. And I certainly wouldn't miss a league game for it.
Have you been to one?
And most Div 1 games are more competitive.
Plus the fact that it's scheduled at the same time as LH games mean most of the pool won't show up.

No I have not been to one on the girls side. That is why I asked. I have been to 3 on the boys side and they are better than most D1 games. I do agree though that you should not skip a club event for a sub-regional but I would not skip the regional trials,if invited, for any club event . It also depends on who you play for and where you live. If you are centrally located playing for a large club with alot of player promotion then they will discourage ODP when they get older. If you live farther out and you do notcare to do the hour to two hour drive to a top team's practices then ODP can be a good venue for being scouted if you can make it to the regional level.

Very good point.
ODP is able to exist here because most clubs encourage participation. I suspect that encouragement would quickly disappear if too many players started missing club events.
Why would North Texas schedule an event on the same weekend as LH games anyway?
avatar
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 680
Points : 3014
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: ODP Sub Regional Event vs League Play?

Post by my2cents on 16/01/12, 05:22 pm

futbollove wrote:
my2cents wrote:
futbollove wrote:
my2cents wrote:
futbollove wrote:
skillz wrote:I'm torn. DD got email asking for availability for sub regional events. There is a direct conflict with LHGCL opening spring season game. Is anyone else facing the same dilemma?

No brainer- LH game. That's the team you committed too.
Plus it's easily going to be the most competitive of the two options.



How is that? Ever actually been to one?

Several actually. And I certainly wouldn't miss a league game for it.
Have you been to one?
And most Div 1 games are more competitive.
Plus the fact that it's scheduled at the same time as LH games mean most of the pool won't show up.

No I have not been to one on the girls side. That is why I asked. I have been to 3 on the boys side and they are better than most D1 games. I do agree though that you should not skip a club event for a sub-regional but I would not skip the regional trials,if invited, for any club event . It also depends on who you play for and where you live. If you are centrally located playing for a large club with alot of player promotion then they will discourage ODP when they get older. If you live farther out and you do notcare to do the hour to two hour drive to a top team's practices then ODP can be a good venue for being scouted if you can make it to the regional level.

Very good point.
ODP is able to exist here because most clubs encourage participation. I suspect that encouragement would quickly disappear if too many players started missing club events.
Why would North Texas schedule an event on the same weekend as LH games anyway?


That is exactly why ODP tells players to honor their club commitments first. As far as the scheduling it may be Region III or another state is scheduling it. Boys side has never hosted their sub-regional until June. Much less conflicts. Other areas of the country have alot more ODP events than NTX so they may be looking to travel to one. Region III is terrible about avoiding conflicts. A few years ago my son's team made the Presidents Cup Regional III final. If we had won my son would have had to choose between the Region III ODP camp and the national Presidents Cup Championship tournament being hosted by Region III.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 278
Points : 2825
Join date : 2010-12-21

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum