Latest topics
ALLEGIANCE FC '07 Black MAKES HISTORYToday at 6:33 pm1.21gigawatts
The next Freddy Adu?Today at 5:46 pm1.21gigawatts
UTD Field ConditionsToday at 5:38 pmZizou
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSToday at 12:45 pmLiverpoolDad
Back to it Today at 11:37 amteddykgb
Racist Comments and fightingToday at 10:59 amCheckpoint Charlie
FBR09 Rankings February 18th, 2019Today at 9:37 amFBR09G
Club Fees Today at 7:50 amBadknees
FC Dallas West WillettToday at 6:31 amterps37
Solar09G Bardwell Open Roster Spots AvailableYesterday at 6:09 pmTXEagles
Inter United FC 2012 Boys Yesterday at 12:21 pmInterUnitedFC
Solar 11 Weigelt Looking for Players Yesterday at 10:40 amSolar11/12girls
Select / HS soccer overload? Advice?Yesterday at 6:16 amZizou
U14 Frontier DivisionSat Feb 16, 2019 7:01 pmBENDMEOVER
08g goalkeeper needed LH d1 teamSat Feb 16, 2019 1:24 pmjustagirl
Solar South 11 Girls Looking for couple of players Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:37 amjlviera
Solar South 12 Girls Looking for girls Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:37 amjlviera
Help with navigating the soccer landscapeFri Feb 15, 2019 7:48 pmBENDMEOVER
When did this happen? LFC now DFeeters BlackFri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 amCheckpoint Charlie
looking for year round futsal team for 06g and 11g to joinFri Feb 15, 2019 10:39 amsoccer51721
FBR10Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:56 amWinTheChipzRdown
Looking to Add 08G PlayersFri Feb 15, 2019 7:57 amNTX_Celtic_Talavera
Solar09G Bardwell Open Tryouts LewisvilleFri Feb 15, 2019 7:56 amTXEagles
Texas Spurs Blanton 09 - Looking to AddThu Feb 14, 2019 8:52 pmtareyncarol
Texas Spurs Blanton 10 - Looking to AddThu Feb 14, 2019 8:51 pmtareyncarol
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12906 registered users
The newest registered user is Checkthesource

Our users have posted a total of 185359 messages in 24824 subjects

Michael Brown Tournament

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Michael Brown Tournament

Post by EyesWideOpen on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:20 am

Here are the teams playing:

DALLAS TEXANS 02G - VIGIL
D'FEETERS SAMBA
FC DALLAS 02G (CIRO)
FC DALLAS 02G RED - RENFRO
FC DALLAS FCD PREMIER 02
GSSC THUNDER SOUTH
MIDLOTHIAN STARS 02GR
POLARIS 02G
SOLAR DYNAMO 02-STARK
SOLAR RED SRSA 02G WEBB
STEPHENVILLE SWARM
STING EAST 02G (DUNSTAN)
STING EAST 02G (GUTIERREZ)
STING WEST-O'KEEFE
TEXAS THUNDER 02

Anyone with an idea how the teams will be grouped? Does coah requests factor in? Try and put teams in competitive groups? Random draw?
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 352
Points : 3311
Join date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by soccerman75 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:27 am

Depends on how many go into gold bracket, top 6 teams in this age range would be Webb, Grubbs, Dynamo, Defeeters, Polaris, Renfro. If you go 8 teams you could add Vigil and someone else.

soccerman75
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 2831
Join date : 2011-11-23
Age : 44
Location : dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:26 pm

The brackets are out. Gold, Silver and Bronze. A few surprises Surprised

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by OOrah on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Polardad02 wrote:The brackets are out. Gold, Silver and Bronze. A few surprises Surprised

I'm surprised that Feet are in Gold while DT Moreno is in Silver. But there has been turmoil in that Bennett now Moreno camp. I wonder how many Higgys will show up on that Moreno squad this weekend. Higgy is idle that weekend, right? Polaris has been playing well too and might have had an argument for the Gold slot vs Feet, but Feet had a good tourney late in the Fall vs top teams. It does make sense to do Gold/Silver/Bronze when there are no playoffs. This is a 4 game friendly format, winner based on points, right?
OOrah
OOrah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 72
Points : 2735
Join date : 2011-11-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:37 am

OOrah wrote:
Polardad02 wrote:The brackets are out. Gold, Silver and Bronze. A few surprises Surprised

I'm surprised that Feet are in Gold while DT Moreno is in Silver. But there has been turmoil in that Bennett now Moreno camp. I wonder how many Higgys will show up on that Moreno squad this weekend. Higgy is idle that weekend, right? Polaris has been playing well too and might have had an argument for the Gold slot vs Feet, but Feet had a good tourney late in the Fall vs top teams. It does make sense to do Gold/Silver/Bronze when there are no playoffs. This is a 4 game friendly format, winner based on points, right?

I totally agree! Possibly could have been two divisions Gold/Silver? Neutral

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by Balotelli Fan on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:36 pm

They should definitely switch Moreno and Renfro. No need for two FCD teams to play each other. Plus Moreno team will be destroying teams in the silver, they will be stacked with Higgy players. What's the fun of that? affraid

Balotelli Fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 60
Points : 2708
Join date : 2011-11-22
Location : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Balotelli Fan wrote:They should definitely switch Moreno and Renfro. No need for two FCD teams to play each other. Plus Moreno team will be destroying teams in the silver, they will be stacked with Higgy players. What's the fun of that? affraid

You sound pretty sure about DT Moreno! Thinking Polaris and Vigil are going to be surprising some folks with new additions...... cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by Balotelli Fan on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Polardad I'm very sure. It's a team full of ex- Glotz players and Rowdies. Come on now. I'm sure Vigil and Polaris have gotten better, but trust me you don't won't none of that. It could get ugly.

Balotelli Fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 60
Points : 2708
Join date : 2011-11-22
Location : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Balotelli Fan wrote:Polardad I'm very sure. It's a team full of ex- Glotz players and Rowdies. Come on now. I'm sure Vigil and Polaris have gotten better, but trust me you don't won't none of that. It could get ugly.

Of couse they do, thats how they crack the top 5. affraid With ten year old girls, anything can happen.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by EyesWideOpen on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:15 pm

Balotelli Fan wrote:They should definitely switch Moreno and Renfro. No need for two FCD teams to play each other. Plus Moreno team will be destroying teams in the silver, they will be stacked with Higgy players. What's the fun of that? affraid

Does Bennett/Moreno have enough players without the Higgy help?
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 352
Points : 3311
Join date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:36 pm

EyesWideOpen wrote:
Balotelli Fan wrote:They should definitely switch Moreno and Renfro. No need for two FCD teams to play each other. Plus Moreno team will be destroying teams in the silver, they will be stacked with Higgy players. What's the fun of that? affraid

Does Bennett/Moreno have enough players without the Higgy help?

Werd is no and with this information a few of these Moreno players are higgys to they are just making the remainin Moreno parents feel a bit mor secure

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:33 pm

I am sure Moreno will be fine...Higgy can only carry 18 girls right? They may flip flop a few girls but looks like enough if you made a few good additions to a very strong core ... they should still be a top competitive team.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by EyesWideOpen on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:50 pm

soccernovice40 wrote:I am sure Moreno will be fine...Higgy can only carry 18 girls right? They may flip flop a few girls but looks like enough if you made a few good additions to a very strong core ... they should still be a top competitive team.

Agreed, but why would they play in the silver bracket? I would guess they requested to be in silver. I can't see the TD arbitrarily putting Moreno in the silver bracket.
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 352
Points : 3311
Join date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:20 pm

EyesWideOpen wrote:
soccernovice40 wrote:I am sure Moreno will be fine...Higgy can only carry 18 girls right? They may flip flop a few girls but looks like enough if you made a few good additions to a very strong core ... they should still be a top competitive team.

Agreed, but why would they play in the silver bracket? I would guess they requested to be in silver. I can't see the TD arbitrarily putting Moreno in the silver bracket.

Maybe the tourney folks didn't realize who they were Wink They still look really good in indoor from what I have seen.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by EyesWideOpen on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:30 pm

soccernovice40 wrote:
EyesWideOpen wrote:
soccernovice40 wrote:I am sure Moreno will be fine...Higgy can only carry 18 girls right? They may flip flop a few girls but looks like enough if you made a few good additions to a very strong core ... they should still be a top competitive team.

Agreed, but why would they play in the silver bracket? I would guess they requested to be in silver. I can't see the TD arbitrarily putting Moreno in the silver bracket.

Maybe the tourney folks didn't realize who they were Wink They still look really good in indoor from what I have seen.

That's a good one!
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 352
Points : 3311
Join date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by That's what she said on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:59 pm

Balotelli Fan wrote:Polardad I'm very sure. It's a team full of ex- Glotz players and Rowdies. Come on now. I'm sure Vigil and Polaris have gotten better, but trust me you don't won't none of that. It could get ugly.

Are you the same person who said "trust me, Bennett's not going anywhere"?


That's what she said
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 2602
Join date : 2012-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Laughing
That's what she said wrote:
Balotelli Fan wrote:Polardad I'm very sure. It's a team full of ex- Glotz players and Rowdies. Come on now. I'm sure Vigil and Polaris have gotten better, but trust me you don't won't none of that. It could get ugly.

Are you the same person who said "trust me, Bennett's not going anywhere"?


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by Balotelli Fan on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:06 pm

It's gonna be fun seeing if Polardad can back up his cocky predictions.

Balotelli Fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 60
Points : 2708
Join date : 2011-11-22
Location : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:15 pm

pretty cocky concidering they have lost and bairly beat a 03 team in eal last year but we shall see this year.we will give you the benifit of the dought this year.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by soccerman75 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Cut the guy some slack, he's just excited about the growth of his team, nothing wrong with being a proud dad. The next 5 months will be telling for everyone.

soccerman75
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 2831
Join date : 2011-11-23
Age : 44
Location : dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by deepthoughts on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Both the tournament schedule and the FBR rankings are out, just in time to test the forums members regarding their powers of prediction.



Anybody care to predict an upset in the making? What's the score going to be?

What's the best game to watch for the weekend? Webb vs FCD Premier?

Here are the matchups:

U10 Girls Gold Schedule

1/27/2012
5:30 PM SOLAR RED SRSA 02G WEBB vs SOLAR DYNAMO 02-STARK (TXN)
5:30 PM D'FEETERS SAMBA (TXN) vs FC DALLAS 02G RED - RENFRO (TXN)

1/28/2012
12:30 PM FC DALLAS FCD PREMIER 02 (TXN) vs FC DALLAS 02G RED - RENFRO (TXN)
12:30 PM SOLAR RED SRSA 02G WEBB (TXN) vs D'FEETERS SAMBA (TXN)
6:30 PM SOLAR DYNAMO 02-STARK (TXN) vs FC DALLAS 02G RED - RENFRO (TXN)
6:30 PM FC DALLAS FCD PREMIER 02 (TXN) vs D'FEETERS SAMBA (TXN)

1/29/2012
9:30 AM SOLAR RED SRSA 02G WEBB (TXN) vs FC DALLAS 02G RED - RENFRO (TXN)
9:30 AM FC DALLAS FCD PREMIER 02 (TXN) vs SOLAR DYNAMO 02-STARK (TXN)
6:30 PM SOLAR DYNAMO 02-STARK (TXN) vs D'FEETERS SAMBA (TXN)
6:30 PM FC DALLAS FCD PREMIER 02 (TXN) vs SOLAR RED SRSA 02G WEBB (TXN)

U10 Girls Silver Schedule

1/27/2012
5:30 PM DALLAS TEXANS 02 MORENO (TXN) vs STING EAST 02G (GUTIERREZ) (TXN)
8:30 PM POLARIS 02G (TXN) vs DALLAS TEXANS 02G - VIGIL (TXN)

1/28/2012
12:30 PM STING EAST 02G (DUNSTAN) (TXN) vs STING EAST 02G (GUTIERREZ) (TXN)
12:30 PM POLARIS 02G (TXN) vs DALLAS TEXANS 02 MORENO (TXN)
6:30 PM STING EAST 02G (DUNSTAN) (TXN) vs DALLAS TEXANS 02 MORENO (TXN)
8:00 PM DALLAS TEXANS 02G - VIGIL (TXN) vs STING EAST 02G (GUTIERREZ) (TXN)

1/29/2012
8:00 AM STING EAST 02G (DUNSTAN) (TXN) vs DALLAS TEXANS 02G - VIGIL (TXN)
9:30 AM POLARIS 02G (TXN) vs STING EAST 02G (GUTIERREZ) (TXN)
3:30 PM DALLAS TEXANS 02G - VIGIL (TXN) vs DALLAS TEXANS 02 MORENO (TXN)
3:30 PM STING EAST 02G (DUNSTAN) (TXN) vs POLARIS 02G (TXN)

I didn't include Bronze but we could. I am just not personally familiar with most of those teams.
deepthoughts
deepthoughts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 77
Points : 2813
Join date : 2011-09-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by EyesWideOpen on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:52 pm

Deep, will definitely be fun. I would love to watch a lot of these games.

Do you have a list of upward mover predictions compile that you can post?
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 352
Points : 3311
Join date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:20 pm

2ddgotskillz wrote:pretty cocky concidering they have lost and bairly beat a 03 team in eal last year but we shall see this year.we will give you the benifit of the dought this year.

LOL....Cocky??? I never said anyone was going to dominate and take names. Please Reread earlier post. I think you are the one WHO is COCKY!! We shall soon find out how soccer goes!! Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:22 pm

soccerman75 wrote:Cut the guy some slack, he's just excited about the growth of his team, nothing wrong with being a proud dad. The next 5 months will be telling for everyone.

Thanks for reading my post correctly....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown Tournament

Post by soccerman75 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:14 am

No problem Polar, if things get out of hand just challenge 2ddgotsskillz to a spelling match, won't be too hard to win that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soccerman75
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 2831
Join date : 2011-11-23
Age : 44
Location : dallas

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum