North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Pixel
Statistics
We have 15040 registered users
The newest registered user is Zoonwen

Our users have posted a total of 203400 messages in 30815 subjects

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 09/03/12, 12:20 pm

Well with rain in the forecast and Spring Break upon us, its about time we heat things up around here with a little top 5...

So here we are at about the mid point of the season, most of us have seen the other 05 competition via tournaments, scrimmages, league games etc.

So of all the 05 teams which ones are most fun to watch, outside of the most obvious #1 which is your own daughters team, rank 1 thru 5 (with or without including your own, your call)

I will start:
Lady Aztecs - Fun team to watch, their coach Jaime is doing a great job
LFCA Hyypia - They seem to get it and pass the ball around really well, Tahlon has these girls playing at a high level, and they are improving from season to season
KICKS FC - This little scrappy group with good combo of speed, skill and athleticism, Daniel is doing a great job with them
DT SOUTH - This is a fun group to watch play, holds their own vs 04 competition, Gabe has a track record of building great teams, the 05's should be in the mix
LFCA RUSH - This Team can match up with anyone it appears, and Keri has done a great job of keeping it fun and focused on skill development, their improvement from season to season is impressive

Up and coming:
TFC 05 Garrett - They are making waves in the Silver division, interested to see how they come along
LFCA Carragher - Has grown into 2 teams it appears based on SDL, and seems like they are doing well in SDL.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1785
Points : 6282
Join date : 2010-09-07
Location : planning my next grilling masterpiece

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by Guest 09/03/12, 02:42 pm

Ill throw our Andro 05 team in there... This is Top 5 interesting, not ranking.

This group has come a long way quickly. Solid play in goal has opened up the game for these girls and head up movement of the ball.

9am matchup with Celtic 05 will go a long way in showing how far they have come. Those girls worked hard over winter. cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by go99 09/03/12, 03:10 pm

hyppia is playing well and now also has what I consider to be the best 05 in the age group plays 04 and 05. Also a special little 06 that has been there since the 04 teams.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 7160
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by homiethesoccerman 09/03/12, 04:24 pm

go99 wrote:hyppia is playing well and now also has what I consider to be the best 05 in the age group plays 04 and 05. Also a special little 06 that has been there since the 04 teams.
How would you know? When was the last time they played another 05 team? I have seen them play some 04 teams and just because they have beat them doesn't mean they are the best 05 team. All of the 04 teams they have played are d3 teams that any one of the teams above that you mentioned can beat.

Hey why don't Hypia play some of the better 04 teams like solar kennington or Texans North rosales or deleon. I will tell you why cause they would get hammered that's why. Just my opinion.

homiethesoccerman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 151
Points : 3750
Join date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by go99 09/03/12, 04:36 pm

get your panties out of a bunch. Never said "hyppia" was the best 05 team. I said I considered a specific player to be one of the best. Also not sure I follow the logic that an 05 team would get hammered by the top 04 teams as an example of them not being the top 05 team. Hey Hyppia welcom to the hate of playing. It all sound fairly familiar.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 7160
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by homiethesoccerman 09/03/12, 05:12 pm

go99 wrote:get your panties out of a bunch. Never said "hyppia" was the best 05 team. I said I considered a specific player to be one of the best. Also not sure I follow the logic that an 05 team would get hammered by the top 04 teams as an example of them not being the top 05 team. Hey Hyppia welcom to the hate of playing. It all sound fairly familiar.
Don't get me wrong buddy all I'm stating is facts, things I have seen, there is no hate except for a coach to run up the score on inferior talent. All I'm saying is if they want to be the best 05 team then they need not be scared to play the best 05's. As for lp carragher that you mentioned they have a decent team but nowhere close to top 5 buddy especially without Hypia's top three girls they keep sneeking in there.

homiethesoccerman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 151
Points : 3750
Join date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by go99 09/03/12, 05:21 pm

I didn't mention carragher at all. I know nothing about that team. I seriously doubt that they are scared to play 05 teams and your team was more than welcome to play up and join them. Yes you are stating facts the top 04 team would beat hyppia and I don't recall them saying they wanted to be the "top" 05 team. Knowing the coach, I don't think he really cares. as a matter of fact I think the topic was most interesting not top. So nobody ranked them anywhere, but you sure came out swinging. So yes, sure looks like somebody has some hyppia envy.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 7160
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by go99 09/03/12, 05:46 pm

just so the hate can be spread around a little more, I had a chance to see DTS 05 group play against 04's. Thats a special group especially with the speedster that didn't show up to all of the games. She takes that team over the top. BEST 05 TEAM OUT THERE Very Happy
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 7160
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 09/03/12, 06:14 pm

Homie, thank you for your spice, but your about as welcome as a Turd in the swimming pool! scratch

Check out this GEM!



FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1785
Points : 6282
Join date : 2010-09-07
Location : planning my next grilling masterpiece

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by Bierluva 09/03/12, 07:08 pm

That little '06 on that Hyppia team is really special. I have seen her compete against '03s a year ago and was hanging w/ them. I will be very interested to see how she does in a few years! Very skilled already and just loves the game!
Bierluva
Bierluva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 349
Points : 4682
Join date : 2010-02-28
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by Texasdude 09/03/12, 07:32 pm

Teams to watch in the 05 division in NO particular order. Did I say in NO particular order?...........

1. Hypia 05. Great team that has those two trees who can kick the ball a mile. They can pass and keep their shape with the best of them. They truly are the sleeping giant. They are fun to watch, and are really only missing a little more tactical knowledge. I would add though, half this team can play for any number of Liverpool teams on any given weekend. Also, moving up to the mediocre 04 SDL Silver division is a questionable move considering they weren't the best team in their own division. If they move to EAL next season, can you say WOW!! EAL would truly have the top 05 talent.

2. Aztecs. This team is just fun to watch. If you want to see soccer played at an advanced level, stay and watch the ALL BLACKS get it done. This team moves the ball better than most if not all 04 teams (just joking but not really). They truly have a plan and every girl on that team is on the same page. Their loss this past weekend to Kicks 3-0 will be a simply great rematch.

3. Kicks 05. If you ask me, their Brazil uniforms make them superhuman. Word on the street from a DT South 05 parent is that the Aztecs may of had 1 legitimate shot on goal vs Kicks this past weekend. The Aztecs may of had 3 in total vs Kicks that she can remember. WOW!! Kicks sometimes value the pass more than the goal itself which is their kryptonite. They are fun to watch. I bet they party in the streets even after their losses. If you see a team of Hispanic girls with one blonde sporting Brazil colors, you owe it to yourself to watch them play. If I was an 04 team, I wouldn't play them.

4. DT South. This team can just out athlete you. Every girl on that team is mean, tough, and fast. They can pass on a basic level, but can kick and chase you to death with their two forwards. Did I say they were mean, angry, and fast? If you play the dirty South, you better bring your shot gun.

After these top 4 teams you really are not missing all that much if you ask me. Yes, there are really good teams out there, but the above teams more often than not, get it done. With that said, any team can lose from week to week. Remember, they are 6-7 year old's who would probably trade a game for a trip to Baskin Robbins. Just saying.


Last edited by Texasdude on 09/03/12, 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

Texasdude
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 45
Points : 3739
Join date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by Booked again 09/03/12, 08:24 pm

Didnt Hyypia have a round robin with DTS, Aztecs and kicks and win all 3 games a couple of months ago?
Booked again
Booked again
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 43
Points : 3875
Join date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by Texasdude 09/03/12, 08:58 pm

No clue, I do know Hypia has yet to beat the Aztecs in any of the tournaments they have met in the finals.

Texasdude
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 45
Points : 3739
Join date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by homiethesoccerman 09/03/12, 10:53 pm

Has anyone ever wondered why this forum is always moderated by LFCA brass.
I'm starting to think it's run by LFCA???? Hmmm mm mm, now that's worth looking into.





By the way this 05 forum needs some spice.


homiethesoccerman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 151
Points : 3750
Join date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by Booked again 09/03/12, 10:54 pm

I think this guys screen name says it all.
Booked again
Booked again
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 43
Points : 3875
Join date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by homiethesoccerman 09/03/12, 10:57 pm

Booked again wrote:Didnt Hyypia have a round robin with DTS, Aztecs and kicks and win all 3 games a couple of months ago?
Man you must be dreaming, or smoking something. lol!

homiethesoccerman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 151
Points : 3750
Join date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by Booked again 09/03/12, 10:59 pm

homiethesoccerman wrote:
Booked again wrote:Didnt Hyypia have a round robin with DTS, Aztecs and kicks and win all 3 games a couple of months ago?
Man you must be dreaming, or smoking something. lol!

Ask around then, genius
Booked again
Booked again
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 43
Points : 3875
Join date : 2011-05-01

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by homiethesoccerman 09/03/12, 11:01 pm

Booked again wrote:I think this guys screen name says it all.
POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOMIEDON'TPLAYDAT!!!!!!!!!

homiethesoccerman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 151
Points : 3750
Join date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by Ajax 10/03/12, 07:13 am

Sting 05 Hanlon. just sayin.....
Ajax
Ajax
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 11
Points : 3821
Join date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by butt3r 10/03/12, 07:29 am

homiethesoccerman wrote:
Booked again wrote:I think this guys screen name says it all.
POW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOMIEDON'TPLAYDAT!!!!!!!!!


Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW 008SBR_Rob_Riggle_001

POW POW
butt3r
butt3r
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 244
Points : 3888
Join date : 2011-11-13
Age : 109
Location : S. Texas

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 10/03/12, 07:46 am

Texasdude wrote:Teams to watch in the 05 division in NO particular order. Did I say in NO particular order?...........

1. Hypia 05. Great team that has those two trees who can kick the ball a mile. They can pass and keep their shape with the best of them. They truly are the sleeping giant. They are fun to watch, and are really only missing a little more tactical knowledge. I would add though, half this team can play for any number of Liverpool teams on any given weekend. Also, moving up to the mediocre 04 SDL Silver division is a questionable move considering they weren't the best team in their own division. If they move to EAL next season, can you say WOW!! EAL would truly have the top 05 talent.

2. Aztecs. This team is just fun to watch. If you want to see soccer played at an advanced level, stay and watch the ALL BLACKS get it done. This team moves the ball better than most if not all 04 teams (just joking but not really). They truly have a plan and every girl on that team is on the same page. Their loss this past weekend to Kicks 3-0 will be a simply great rematch.

3. Kicks 05. If you ask me, their Brazil uniforms make them superhuman. Word on the street from a DT South 05 parent is that the Aztecs may of had 1 legitimate shot on goal vs Kicks this past weekend. The Aztecs may of had 3 in total vs Kicks that she can remember. WOW!! Kicks sometimes value the pass more than the goal itself which is their kryptonite. They are fun to watch. I bet they party in the streets even after their losses. If you see a team of Hispanic girls with one blonde sporting Brazil colors, you owe it to yourself to watch them play. If I was an 04 team, I wouldn't play them.

4. DT South. This team can just out athlete you. Every girl on that team is mean, tough, and fast. They can pass on a basic level, but can kick and chase you to death with their two forwards. Did I say they were mean, angry, and fast? If you play the dirty South, you better bring your shot gun.

After these top 4 teams you really are not missing all that much if you ask me. Yes, there are really good teams out there, but the above teams more often than not, get it done. With that said, any team can lose from week to week. Remember, they are 6-7 year old's who would probably trade a game for a trip to Baskin Robbins. Just saying.

Mine would chooses Nana Yogurt or Braums... Smile
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1785
Points : 6282
Join date : 2010-09-07
Location : planning my next grilling masterpiece

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by coachr 10/03/12, 11:42 am

I can't believe this thread actually exists.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 989
Points : 4915
Join date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by homiethesoccerman 10/03/12, 03:44 pm

coachr wrote:I can't believe this thread actually exists.
I know it's unbelievable isn't it???

homiethesoccerman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 151
Points : 3750
Join date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by weatherbug 10/03/12, 04:22 pm

So I was searching for South Texas soccer tournaments and stumbled into a South Texas soccer forum. The NTX 05s are being discussed even there! Wink The thread is called, "Why is North Texas better than South Texas?"

http://www.stxsoccer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1298

They have forums starting at 05 Girls on their girls forum...it seems to be far more serious up there
weatherbug
weatherbug
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 562
Points : 4917
Join date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by coachr 10/03/12, 08:58 pm

weatherbug wrote:So I was searching for South Texas soccer tournaments and stumbled into a South Texas soccer forum. The NTX 05s are being discussed even there! Wink The thread is called, "Why is North Texas better than South Texas?"

http://www.stxsoccer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1298

They have forums starting at 05 Girls on their girls forum...it seems to be far more serious up there
Damn straight! Serious about winning!
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 989
Points : 4915
Join date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW Empty Re: Your List - Top 5 Most interesting 05 teams to watch in DFW

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum