North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tatu leaving stingToday at 06:42 amChuck D
TIRED OF THE SAME OLD STORY???Yesterday at 11:13 pmAnonymousCoward
Chelsea East Elite 04B - Classic D2Yesterday at 09:44 pmNTXElite
Chelsea East Elite 04B - ScrimmageYesterday at 09:25 pmNTXElite
FC Dallas Classic D1 Looking for PlayersYesterday at 05:51 pmFC Dallas Central 08B
FRISCO FUSION 10G OPEN PRACTICE INFORMATION Yesterday at 04:13 pmGazza
FRISCO FUSION 08G (NPL)Yesterday at 04:07 pmGazza
FC FAST '10 Boys (Powell) Looking For a few PlayersYesterday at 04:00 pmfcfast10
FC FAST 07 Boys Open PracticesYesterday at 01:57 pmFAST
McKinney United 05G (GCL - Div.1)Yesterday at 01:25 pmGame Within The Game
Solar 10G NPLYesterday at 12:35 pmThe Dean
STING 10G BOYLE (GIRLS CLASSIC LEAGUE)Yesterday at 11:39 amCoachBoyle
Celtic '12 Salas - Looking for PlayersYesterday at 11:28 amNTX Celtic FC
Sting 09G (GCL D1)Yesterday at 11:00 amterps37
Dallas Texans #22 L KitYesterday at 10:11 amice7781
FC Dallas '06 Premier West (FDL/National League)Yesterday at 09:58 amHoneybadger
Allegiance FC 08B NavyYesterday at 09:48 amjgarcia303030
Allegiance FC 08B NavyYesterday at 08:22 amjgarcia303030
FC Dallas 10G White Yesterday at 07:18 amBpratt4
FC Dallas 09 BlueYesterday at 07:11 amBpratt4
BVB 10G Green -- Looking for Players Yesterday at 07:04 amAshlock09
Dallas Surf 09 GirlsYesterday at 06:54 amcoachserrato
Solar 08G CoveyYesterday at 12:08 amskipper
Solar 04B - 2 D2 CL Teams - Allen, Plano, Frisco, McKinney23/06/21, 10:19 pmntxsoccerchat
**Keeper Tryouts** - BVB Green (Ashlock)23/06/21, 07:55 pmAshlock09

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Interesting Information Regarding Knee Injury Prevention Pixel
Statistics
We have 14930 registered users
The newest registered user is swrae

Our users have posted a total of 202884 messages in 30559 subjects

Interesting Information Regarding Knee Injury Prevention

Go down

Interesting Information Regarding Knee Injury Prevention Empty Interesting Information Regarding Knee Injury Prevention

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 26/09/12, 08:46 am

Heard a story regarding a friend's daughter that recently went to the Orthopedic Doctor for knee pain and luckily for her no structural issues, but the point of the story is what they learned from the Doctor and trainer for prevention.

The first thing they discussed was that overuse issues/injuries are not necessarily caused by playing to many sports or practicing too much, the bigger issue in their opinion was the care of the knees in this case immediately following and between workouts. He went on to explain that kids jump directly into a car after practice and sit with bent knees or crisscrossed knees and ride for 20+ minutes home. He said straighten the knees so that all the tension is relieved and the knee can relax and the child avoids additional unnecessary overuse while at rest!

All that to say, I found that little tip pretty simple, now getting this friends daughter to actually sit in the car with legs straight will be a challenge but one worth giving a whirl to reduce the wear and tear on the knees.

As a side note, they gave this parent a bunch of stretches and exercises to use to help strengthen the knee area, but I stopped listening to the story at this point as I figured I could try the above tip 1st!

I'm sure others have tips and ideas they have heard as well, so feel free to add anything you might have that is helpful.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Interesting Information Regarding Knee Injury Prevention Empty Re: Interesting Information Regarding Knee Injury Prevention

Post by Gunner9 26/09/12, 09:34 am

The stretches are critical. Also, soccer players tend to over-develop the quads in relation to the hammies, so strengthening ALL the surrounding muscles is important. We always incorporated running backwards into drills to help accomplish this, particularly at the younger ages before they are doing any resistance training.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Interesting Information Regarding Knee Injury Prevention Empty Re: Interesting Information Regarding Knee Injury Prevention

Post by Hook It 26/09/12, 11:20 am

Gunner9 wrote:The stretches are critical. Also, soccer players tend to over-develop the quads in relation to the hammies, so strengthening ALL the surrounding muscles is important. We always incorporated running backwards into drills to help accomplish this, particularly at the younger ages before they are doing any resistance training.

Yes G9 good stuff. We had our team cross-train all summer long and they did the same, we now do it every practice. Also, the coach is adamant about stretching after the game as well....

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search