Latest topics
FC Dallas 08 FDL Open TrainingsToday at 09:26 amFCDallas01girls
FC Dallas 05G Premier - Open TryoutsToday at 09:14 amFCDallas01girls
Sting 08 BellToday at 08:12 amCoachBSB
FC Frisco Storm 04G: Player Additions Today at 07:54 amFriscoStorm04G
Zenith 08 D2 Classic Team Tryouts Today at 07:33 ambenevolentfc
FC Dallas Central White '08B - Lookin for 4-5 - N. DallasYesterday at 11:18 pmFC Dallas Central Div
FC Dallas Central '09G (DI Bye) Lookin for 2-3 - N. DallasYesterday at 11:13 pmFC Dallas Central Div
Frisco Storm 05G open practicesYesterday at 11:07 pmFriscostorm
SPARTA FC04 Girls - Lake Highland D1 / Frontier ConferenceYesterday at 10:29 pmDamnag90
Sting Black ECNL Comp & ECNL RL Combined Tryouts Yesterday at 09:59 pmSKLZ
Sting Black 02/03 ECNL Comp & ECNL RL Tryouts Yesterday at 09:54 pmSKLZ
DT 08G West LHGCL D1 - weekend sessionsYesterday at 09:48 pmDallas Texans West
DT 07G West NPL - weekend sessionYesterday at 09:37 pmDallas Texans West
Dallas Texans West - NPL newsYesterday at 09:29 pmDallas Texans West
Sting 09 Boys Bailey - Classic D2 - Flower Mound/Highland VYesterday at 08:50 pmTitans Bailey
DKSC Try-Outs! 08 Boys Yesterday at 08:26 pmCityFutsalBn1
STING 08 ECNL ROYAL TRYOUTSYesterday at 08:21 pmtcc2008
DKSC Try-Outs! 06 BoysYesterday at 07:50 pmCityFutsalBn1
Sting Black ECRL 05Yesterday at 07:23 pmskills
LHGCL D1 - FC Dallas 08G Premier Yesterday at 07:16 pmChristieK
Frisco Fusion 08GsYesterday at 07:04 pmFriscoFusion08g
DKSC Try-Outs! 08 Boys & 06 BoysYesterday at 06:46 pmCityFutsalBn1
STING 10G BOYLE (F:Evolution 10G Boyle) Looking for playersYesterday at 06:42 pmCoachBoyle
Sting SC 08 Boys - Flower Mound/Highland VillageYesterday at 05:32 pmTitans Bailey
STING 09G BOYLE (F:Evolution 09G Boyle) Looking for playersYesterday at 04:42 pmCoachBoyle

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Moving to the Lantana area soon and need some help Pixel
Statistics
We have 14271 registered users
The newest registered user is jodyjjohan

Our users have posted a total of 197288 messages in 28228 subjects

Moving to the Lantana area soon and need some help

Go down

Moving to the Lantana area soon and need some help Empty Moving to the Lantana area soon and need some help

Post by New to TX soccer on 22/10/12, 02:09 pm

We're moving to the Lantana area in the next couple of weeks (from Kansas City), and need some help/guidance finding new soccer clubs. My son is 6 and plays U7 5v5 (rec level), and my daughter is 10 and plays U11 8v8 (competitive level). My son is through for the fall season, but it would be great if my daughter can catch on with a club/team in need of another player.

I have no idea where to start, or even what town's soccer assocation we're in. I'm sure once they're in school and we start meeting people we could figure things out, but I would like to have a bit of a head start.

Any suggestions on various clubs in that area, both rec and competitive, would be very helpful.

Thany you in advance

New to TX soccer
New to TX soccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Moving to the Lantana area soon and need some help Empty Re: Moving to the Lantana area soon and need some help

Post by flygirl on 22/10/12, 02:21 pm

New to TX soccer wrote:We're moving to the Lantana area in the next couple of weeks (from Kansas City), and need some help/guidance finding new soccer clubs. My son is 6 and plays U7 5v5 (rec level), and my daughter is 10 and plays U11 8v8 (competitive level). My son is through for the fall season, but it would be great if my daughter can catch on with a club/team in need of another player.

I have no idea where to start, or even what town's soccer assocation we're in. I'm sure once they're in school and we start meeting people we could figure things out, but I would like to have a bit of a head start.

Any suggestions on various clubs in that area, both rec and competitive, would be very helpful.

Thany you in advance

If your daughter turned 10 after July 31, 2012, you are in the right spot, get ready for a ton of recommendations as you have many options. if she turned 10 prior to July 31, you need to jump over and post this to the 02 forum.

Good luck!
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Moving to the Lantana area soon and need some help Empty Re: Moving to the Lantana area soon and need some help

Post by New to TX soccer on 22/10/12, 02:28 pm

She turned 10 on Sept 10, 2012, so it looks like I'm in the right forum.

Thanks
New to TX soccer
New to TX soccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by debit on 22/10/12, 03:18 pm

For your son, I think Lantana falls under the Denton Soccer Association, but many in Lantana pay a small fee (maybe $15) to transfer membership to GLASA (Greater Lewisville Area Soccer Association) which covers Lewisville, Flower Mound and Highland Village. This association is pretty large--something like 4,000+ rec players.

www.glasasoccer.org

In GLASA U7 plays 4v4 with no goalkeepers, but U8 moves to 5v5 including a goalkeeper (with some modified rules such as no punting)

debit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AbEnd on 22/10/12, 03:20 pm

For rec soccer, agree that many in Lantana join the GLASA teams. Winter league should be starting up in late Feb or so.

We live in the area but my dd is an '04 so I'll let the good folks on this forum tell you about the academy or pre-select teams. Really depends how competitive you want to be and how far you want to drive. Welcome.

AbEnd
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl on 22/10/12, 04:25 pm

AbEnd wrote:For rec soccer, agree that many in Lantana join the GLASA teams. Winter league should be starting up in late Feb or so.

We live in the area but my dd is an '04 so I'll let the good folks on this forum tell you about the academy or pre-select teams. Really depends how competitive you want to be and how far you want to drive. Welcome.

If you go back to the home page, there is a link just under the 03 girls link that says "tryouts, teams, players looking" - click on that and you will see some immediate opportunities.

Also, Liverpool has quite a few 03 girls teams around your area - a good organization.
http://www.liverpoolfcamerica.com/page/show/316870-flower-mound-lewisville

flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by New to TX soccer on 22/10/12, 04:40 pm

Re: my son - I'm kinda glad he'll be in 4x4, no goalie. He went from 3x3, no goalie, to 5x5 + goalie this fall. While it was fun to watch, for the most part it was a moving scrum. His team did get 2nd place in their league however, which was great. He's pretty small with a short attention span (like most 6 yr olds)....the more development the better

Re: my daughter - she's been at fairly decent competitive level for the past few seasons. She's not playing the top level (and should not be), but her team has been playing up an age group (U10 last year and U11 this year). I don't mind driving a little for her to catch on to a good team/coach/etc, but don't want to wander too far. I'm still trying to figure out where Lantana is in the first place Cool

The most important thing for us is that she is on a team where she has fun and has an opportunity to grow and learn, and get plenty of touches. And hopefully with a coach who doesn't act like his/her livelihood depends on a bunch of 9 & 10 year olds winning a soccer game.
New to TX soccer
New to TX soccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 on 22/10/12, 05:10 pm

Wow! You ARE new to North Texas Soccer lol!
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum