North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

00 ECNL Teams Process Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

00 ECNL Teams Process

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

00 ECNL Teams Process Empty 00 ECNL Teams Process

Post by el nina 25/03/13, 04:04 pm

The double OO's have begun their open try outs. I hear girls are already committing and rosters being "unofficially" set. Is this true? Isn't it early to do this? How did it go with the 99's last year? What clubs/coaches handled the process best and which didn't?

el nina
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

00 ECNL Teams Process Empty Re: 00 ECNL Teams Process

Post by Type 1 left-footer 25/03/13, 04:07 pm

I think that the clubs have learned a lot from the past two years. I see the process being more refined this year.

99s were still a little unorganized last year but am seeing that the 00s are approaching the process earlier than the 99 did last year.

there were definitely some set rosters going into tryouts last year.
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedFutbol 25/03/13, 04:28 pm

Seems to me the ECNL rosters have been pretty well established with the top teams in each club taking the ECNL spot and leaving a little wiggle room for the some new additions. The ECNL saga continues...

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 25/03/13, 10:16 pm

BleedFutbol wrote:Seems to me the ECNL rosters have been pretty well established with the top teams in each club taking the ECNL spot and leaving a little wiggle room for the some new additions. The ECNL saga continues...
How did you come to this conclusion? What teams are you referring to?
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by keep22 26/03/13, 07:09 am

not sting for sure. they have many 00 teams to pick from. and there isn't a clear top team yet. By the way, anyone know who will be the 00 ECNL coach for them?

Texans have clear top team as do Feet and Solar. Let's hope their rosters are not established otherwise why tryout. They could just post needing a forward,defender or keeper and be done with it.

Hope "established" isn't another way of saying "loyal customer". And here I thought the "E" in ECNL was Elite not Established. Guess the "C" cha-ching! Very Happy

keep22
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 26/03/13, 08:02 am

keep22 wrote:not sting for sure. they have many 00 teams to pick from. and there isn't a clear top team yet. By the way, anyone know who will be the 00 ECNL coach for them?Texans have clear top team as do Feet and Solar. Let's hope their rosters are not established otherwise why tryout. They could just post needing a forward,defender or keeper and be done with it.

Hope "established" isn't another way of saying "loyal customer". And here I thought the "E" in ECNL was Elite not Established. Guess the "C" cha-ching! Very Happy

Medina
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 26/03/13, 08:05 am

Just because your DD is on the 'top' team, does not mean you've made the team or will see pt. Coaches go in knowing more about these girls because they see them more often..
And if you DD has skills and is good enough, someone is going to be losing a spot. Even on 'established' teams.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 26/03/13, 09:54 am

futbollove wrote:Just because your DD is on the 'top' team, does not mean you've made the team or will see pt. Coaches go in knowing more about these girls because they see them more often..
And if you DD has skills and is good enough, someone is going to be losing a spot. Even on 'established' teams.
I would second, third and even fourth that! If your kid can play then there is a spot for her....that much you can count on. However, just because you've been around on a top team for awhile doesn't amount to a hill of beans if you can't fend off the competition that comes to the tryouts. Sometimes having been around is to your disadvantage....in some cases the devil that he doesn't know is more intriguing to a coach than the devil that has been around him for years...hell the current coach knows what your kid can do and if he were blown away with it then you'd have his verbal commitment in hand now.

Hopefully parents aren't resting on the fact that they've been with a team for a while. I don't really think this is the case though. I think most parents having gone through 2.5 years of select and seen turnover at the end of each year (turnover/cuts at the bottom rosters, upgrades and demotions in the middle of the roster and surprise exodus of top players to greener pastures at the top rosters) know full well that these coaches are out to win and spots go to the best players available. With only 5 teams to choose from the pool of best player available just got bigger thus your security blanket just got smaller. Parents are trying to navigate this tryout landscape the best we know how.

I've heard a few different plans of attacks from parents during this tryout period. The only one I don't agree with is the "I don't want to reduce my DD's chances of making her current team by trying out for another team" - strategy.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/03/13, 10:25 am

outonthelimb wrote:
futbollove wrote:Just because your DD is on the 'top' team, does not mean you've made the team or will see pt. Coaches go in knowing more about these girls because they see them more often..
I would second, third and even fourth that! If your kid can play then there is a spot for her....that much you can count on. However, just because you've been around on a top team for awhile doesn't amount to a hill of beans if you can't fend off the competition that comes to the tryouts. Sometimes having been around is to your disadvantage....in some cases the devil that he doesn't know is more intriguing to a coach than the devil that has been around him for years...hell the current coach knows what your kid can do and if he were blown away with it then you'd have his verbal commitment in hand now.

Hopefully parents aren't resting on the fact that they've been with a team for a while. I don't really think this is the case though. I think most parents having gone through 2.5 years of select and seen turnover at the end of each year (turnover/cuts at the bottom rosters, upgrades and demotions in the middle of the roster and surprise exodus of top players to greener pastures at the top rosters) know full well that these coaches are out to win and spots go to the best players available. With only 5 teams to choose from the pool of best player available just got bigger thus your security blanket just got smaller. Parents are trying to navigate this tryout landscape the best we know how.

I've heard a few different plans of attacks from parents during this tryout period. The only one I don't agree with is the "I don't want to reduce my DD's chances of making her current team by trying out for another team" - strategy.

I would think that a ECNL coach would have a pretty good idea of the talent at each position within the division. Scouting and identification of talent within the age group has been going on for a while! If your DD can play you will be contacted.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 26/03/13, 10:37 am

UEFA wrote:

I would think that a ECNL coach would have a pretty good idea of the talent at each position within the division. Scouting and identification of talent within the age group has been going on for a while! If your DD can play you will be contacted.

You would be wrong. There will be DII, DIII, and yes, even Plano league players that are capable of beating out "top" team players potentially showing up to these tryouts that some coaches have never laid eyes on. If you want to be considered for one of these teams, show up to as many tryouts as possible. If you want to remain with your current team, sit at home and wait to be contacted. (Unless of course your DD is one of the top 1% of the age group. Then yes, someone will be contacting you) Cool
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/03/13, 10:55 am

futbollove wrote:
UEFA wrote:

You would be wrong. There will be DII, DIII, and yes, even Plano league players that are capable of beating out "top" team players potentially showing up to these tryouts that some coaches have never laid eyes on. If you want to be considered for one of these teams, show up to as many tryouts as possible. If you want to remain with your current team, sit at home and wait to be contacted. (Unless of course your DD is one of the top 1% of the age group. Then yes, someone will be contacting you) Cool

I know for a fact that Coaches as we speak are scouting DII and DIII players . I was amazed seeing the list of players that had been identified from the other divisions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/03/13, 10:58 am

UEFA wrote:
futbollove wrote:
UEFA wrote:

I know for a fact that Coaches as we speak are scouting DII and DIII players . I was amazed seeing the list of players that had been identified from the other divisions.

Definitely go to try outs, but the recruiting and identification of talent has begun! This process is starting early even before try outs.

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 26/03/13, 11:10 am

futbollove wrote:
UEFA wrote:

I know from experience that most of the coaches have no clue who 98% of the girls are in the age group. Every coach will know who the top 1-2 players are on each team if you put that kid in her uniform and place her in her position on the pitch. Once you get beyond that they draw blanks and 90% of the girls look a like anyway. It's no wonder they don't remember them. How exactly does one expect a coach to get their number given said coach is not a member of your club. The white pages? The only way is to have a friend already on his team to provide that number to him and he be reminded enough of you to call...

Your best bet is to get that DD out to a tryout and make a lasting impression or pick up the phone yourself and and say my kid is #XYZ on team ABC and we are playing at time EFG on Field RST. I'm interested in you taking a specific look at my kid in her playing environment to let me know if there is enough interest that we should come to a tryout. If he says he is unlikely to come to that game for any number of reasons then you'd better go to plan C and get her to tryouts.

Last edited by outonthelimb on 26/03/13, 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : TMI...)
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/03/13, 11:41 am

I agree with the idea to be proactive and get on the phone and open lines of communication with coaches. This method would increase your chances of being identified in a tryout setting.

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedFutbol 26/03/13, 01:46 pm

Its Me wrote:
BleedFutbol wrote:Seems to me the ECNL rosters have been pretty well established with the top teams in each club taking the ECNL spot and leaving a little wiggle room for the some new additions. The ECNL saga continues...
How did you come to this conclusion? What teams are you referring to?

I came to this conclusion as a matter of opinion, and observation of three ECNL clubs, I have also discussed tryouts with parents of other players in other clubs.

If a coach has access to a pool of players the more the better. It would be wise to measure all options.

How does one determine which players are being considered?

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 27/03/13, 12:49 am

keep22 wrote:not sting for sure. they have many 00 teams to pick from. and there isn't a clear top team yet. By the way, anyone know who will be the 00 ECNL coach for them?

]b]Texans have clear top team as do Feet and Solar. Let's hope their rosters are not established otherwise why tryout. They could just post needing a forward,defender or keeper and be done with it.[/b]

I agree with earlier comments--Rosters aren't established, but coaches aren't dallying either--they want to set and start integrating their teams. Pool Training was been going on since February; I also wouldn't count on the clubs publishing their "needs" ("uh, still looking for forwards and a keeper, I don't like the ones I have in training right now.."). Needs have a way changing when the right player shows up. Cha-ching matters, but folks are lining up to pay for the chance...

If your DD has current or future aspirations, clubs are having weekly pooling training(check individual club sites for schedules). If your DD can play, coaches make room for talented players on either their roster or the 2nd LH squad. I would definately check the Texans, Feet, FC and Solar as well as their 2nd ranked LH teams/coaches (regardless of Division) to gain the ECNL coach's visiability. Haven't seen a season yet that didn't have injuries, and the ENCL coaches will have/need reserves on those rosters(instead of the 20th spot staying home gameday, they can be playing and improving). Even she doesn't get "pulled up" during this season, she will have leg up for next. Nothing against Sting, but if you plant another tree in the forest, will anyone see it?
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by keep22 27/03/13, 08:11 am

confuse us says...plant tree in desert everyone sees and wants it...plant tree in forest and only "well delevloped" tree stands out...capeesh?

keep22
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 27/03/13, 10:29 am

Ah grasshopper, if one plants a tree in the desert, better make sure there is a lake nearby.

If you plant a tree in the forest and there is no one around you do you make a noise?

Better to carry daughter to mountain than mountain to daughter.

lol!

What I know is that if your DD doesn't try, she definitely won't be considered.

If she does try, and doesn't make it, use the experience to further her development by asking the coach for feedback.

If she does make it, but doesn't make the top of the squad, then use it to help her get there next year by asking the coach how to improve.

If she makes it to the top of the squad then pull out your credit card and fasten your seatbelt because it will be a bumpy ride for your finances!
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Havingfunyet 27/03/13, 02:56 pm

Can anyone estimate how many girls where added in the 99 teams to the orginal "top club team". I know they carry a few more but interested in how much of the core they keep. Thanks

Havingfunyet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 007shaken 27/03/13, 03:59 pm

Havingfunyet wrote:Can anyone estimate how many girls where added in the 99 teams to the orginal "top club team". I know they carry a few more but interested in how much of the core they keep. Thanks

From U13 rosters to first listed ECNL U14 roster (have not looked if there have been changes during this year, so #'s are approx., but you get the general idea):

Solar 6 from Solar Red, 7 from Solar 99, 3 from Solar Blue, 5 misc.
Sting 8 from Sting 99, 3 from Sting Royal, 3 from Solar Red, 2 from Texans,
4 misc.
FCD 10 from FCD Premier, 4-5 from Texans, 5 from FCD Red, 5 misc
Texans 8 from Texans, 3 from Sting Royal, 3 from Solar Blue, 8 misc
D'Feet 7 from Solar Blue, 3 from Sting Royal, 2 from Feet, 6 misc.
007shaken
007shaken
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Type 1 left-footer 27/03/13, 05:13 pm

added some to misc.
From U13 rosters to first listed ECNL U14 roster (have not looked if there have been changes during this year, so #'s are approx., but you get the general idea):

Solar 6 from Solar Red, 7 from Solar 99, 3 from Solar Blue, 5 misc.
Sting 8 from Sting 99, 3 from Sting Royal, 3 from Solar Red, 2 from Texans,
4 misc.
FCD 10 from FCD Premier, 4-5 from Texans, 5 from FCD Red(??), 3 FC Dallas Blue South, 2 misc
Texans 8 from Texans, 3 from Sting Royal, 3 from Solar Blue, 1 TFC, 1 FCD Premier, 7 misc
D'Feet 7 from Solar Blue, 3 from Sting Royal, 2 from Feet, 1 Solar Red, 1 FC Dallas Blue South, 4 misc.
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by el nina 27/03/13, 05:56 pm

Are these teams with "unofficial" set rosters needing only a few players telling players they are set on their team? Heard of one who did that already, even before league play.

Agree, with getting the opportunity to play with another team in club and possibly move up, but the only clubs who will have a D1 team next season are Sting and Solar. FC might depending on how their season plays out. One might want to consider that when looking at ECNL teams/clubs. Must ask yourself, do you want your dd to play on a D2 or D3 team in the interim and hope to eventually get the chance to be moved up? I know the sales pitch is that dd gets to practice with ECNL team but game time experience is also critical in their development. Do college coaches start looking at U14 ECNL girls?
Tough decisions to make. Options are; make ECNL team and if your dd is number 19-22 or whatever number, sit the bench, game experience and hope to move up. Make ECNL team as dual roster, play for D1, D2 or D3 team depending on club. Other choice is to just find what you feel will be the best D1 team, get alot of playing time, then try out later for ECNL team or just choose to stay with that D1 team and not worry about ECNL.

el nina
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 27/03/13, 11:19 pm

el nina wrote:Are these teams with "unofficial" set rosters needing only a few players telling players they are set on their team? Heard of one who did that already, even before league play.

Agree, with getting the opportunity to play with another team in club and possibly move up, but the only clubs who will have a D1 team next season are Sting and Solar. FC might depending on how their season plays out. One might want to consider that when looking at ECNL teams/clubs. Must ask yourself, do you want your dd to play on a D2 or D3 team in the interim and hope to eventually get the chance to be moved up? I know the sales pitch is that dd gets to practice with ECNL team but game time experience is also critical in their development. Do college coaches start looking at U14 ECNL girls?
Tough decisions to make. Options are; #1: make ECNL team and if your dd is number 19-22 or whatever number, sit the bench, game experience and hope to move up. #2Make ECNL team as dual roster, play for D1, D2 or D3 team depending on club. #3: Other choice is to just find what you feel will be the best D1 team, get alot of playing time, then try out later for ECNL team or just choose to stay with that D1 team and not worry about ECNL.
My (humble) view: Not getting into U14 ECNL does not end DD's playing days, but you don't know until you get started. Go to a pool session, you and your will learn a lot about the coach, team, players, etc. You should be looking at coaches, then teams and divisions.
Option #1 Sitting and not playing is not an option.
Option #2: No guarantees, but your DD will be playing on game day; coach probably won't declare dual roster until player improves or there's a need. But she is getting exposure on the 2nd (D1 or D2) LH team regardless of division. If a bunch of D1 players join a D2 team, and they kill the division, I think that might get noticed. There are no guarantees : Alls you can do is get your dd in the best situation to get exposure, which is all anyone can ask for is the chance to be noticed.
#3: Join D1 team and hope for better ECNL chance next year. Bottom 5 may or may not have an easy time... Hope never was a plan. The Exception: If there is a coach that you and DD really like in D1 (or any division), that is the route to take.
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4fun 27/03/13, 11:53 pm

Liverpool 00 Elite, playing up in 99 ecnl bracket beat Texas Rush 99 ecnl team (if I'm not mistaken ranked in the top 5 in ecnl) 2 to 0. What a great win for a great group and proving (at least for me) the right coach and the right team is the right choice, not the league.
soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 28/03/13, 12:02 am

soccer4fun wrote:Liverpool 00 Elite, playing up in 99 ecnl bracket beat Texas Rush 99 ecnl team (if I'm not mistaken ranked in the top 5 in ecnl) 2 to 0. What a great win for a great group and proving (at least for me) the right coach and the right team is the right choice, not the league.

Congrats to that team and Chris Pulpaneck and wish them luck in the upcoming games. My daughter and I have gone out to watch this team and coach in other tournaments and they are fun to watch.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next