North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Seeking team/coach recommendation Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Seeking team/coach recommendation

Go down

Seeking team/coach recommendation Empty Seeking team/coach recommendation

Post by planogirl 16/05/13, 10:29 am

Really confused about the teams, could anyone recommend a good coach and team to focus on developing players near Plano?

I have an athletic girl that is probably the best on a PSA rec team.

PM is also OK. Thanks.

planogirl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Seeking team/coach recommendation Empty Re: Seeking team/coach recommendation

Post by Guest 16/05/13, 11:07 am

I know you are probably looking for, "Go to Coach Ferguson. My DD has played for him for 27 years and he's the best," but truth is it is more difficult than that at your DD's age (U6?). There are not many (if any) established teams for kids going into 1st grade. By U8 there seems to be a solid list of teams from familiar clubs with familiar coaches. You can just look at the forum and start picking teams to check out.

For now, 4 years from going select, you can contact the different clubs that practice in your area and let your daughter go try out a practice or skills session (only difference is they might try and charge you for a skills session). Other than being nervous and not knowing anyone (try bringing a friend for your DD that is also thinking about academy soccer) your daughter should have fun. At U6 the coach should not be yelling at the girls. It should be fun. Try a few different groups see which is the best fit. If your daughter enjoys the practice and wants to go to practice without your forcing her then you are good for a couple of years. You can worry about top teams and wins and loses when she gets older.

List of academies (not all are on this list - keep checking the forum):
http://dynamicyouthsports.com/page.php?p=61

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/13, 11:08 am

This team is already advertising:

If your daughter is far ahead of her teammates in ability, is being held back in practices due to her teammates' skill level, or is relied upon to do everything for her team, consider coming to open practices in The Colony or in Allen with the two top teams in the age group, and with THE top Academy in North Texas - Liverpool FC, who have produced the top teams in each age group from '03 to '07.

Liverpool Gerrard in The Colony, or Liverpool Fowler in Allen.

Both teams have a top to bottom roster of talented players with equal abilities.

Each player can execute every skill and technique and have been for over a year - scissors, step overs, zico's, l-turns, bring downs (juggle in the air to trap), etc., and can one-touch and two-touch pass without hesitation at varying distances.

They are assigned homework at the beginning of each month and at the end of each practice.

Players on both teams already understand each position and their role.

They are all taught to do the right things by how and when to pass, how and when to beat a player, and are not permitted to aimlessly play kick ball, use their toe, or do anything else that is detrimental to their development just for the sake of a win or goal.

Challenge your daughter and be part of a team full of technically skilled players.

PM for details if you are in the Frisco/Plano/Colony/Lewisville/Carrollton area for Liverpool Gerrard, or Allen/Richardson/McKinney/East Plano or Frisco area for Liverpool Fowler.

Not currently accepting players new to the game. Neither team is in "build" mode.

http://www.liverpoolfcamerica.com/page/show/495138-07-girls-gerrard-regular-

http://www.liverpoolfcamerica.com/page/show/597676-07-girls-fowler-regular-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/13, 11:10 am

And this one:

Solar Dynamo 07 girls have just formed a team with Coach Johnny Stark. Our second practice as a group will be next week (week of April 22nd). We currently have 7 players committed to the team and we are looking for a couple of others to join us (we desire to keep a small roster size). We train in the Plano area. As with Johnny’s other teams he will focus on possession-style play while developing 1 v 1 skills. If you would like more information please PM me or email me at bigtex@txsoccer.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/13, 11:49 am

SteveHolt! wrote:And this one:

Solar Dynamo 07 girls have just formed a team with Coach Johnny Stark. Our second practice as a group will be next week (week of April 22nd). We currently have 7 players committed to the team and we are looking for a couple of others to join us (we desire to keep a small roster size). We train in the Plano area. As with Johnny’s other teams he will focus on possession-style play while developing 1 v 1 skills. If you would like more information please PM me or email me at bigtex@txsoccer.net

Thanks Steve for throwing that out there. And speaking to a point in your prior post Johnny Stark is an established coach. Just for an update on Solar Dynamo 07- we have 9 girls on the roster now, but we always welcome players to come out- meet Johnny and take a look at our team. PM me if interested and I can provide more details- thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down