North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Free Academy Skills Training this Saturday - Two LocationsYesterday at 10:42 pmsbarton12
Free Academy Skills Training this Saturday - Two LocationsYesterday at 10:37 pmsbarton12
Free Academy Skills Training this Saturday - Two LocationsYesterday at 10:32 pmsbarton12
Free Academy Skills Training this Saturday - Two LocationsYesterday at 10:27 pmsbarton12
Free Academy Skills Training this Saturday - Two LocationsYesterday at 10:22 pmsbarton12
Free Academy Skills Training this Saturday - Two LocationsYesterday at 10:16 pmsbarton12
RPL - REGIONAL PREMIER LEAGUE - FALL REGISTRATION EXTENDEDYesterday at 05:41 pmU90C
Advice for getting 7yr old ready to move into SelectYesterday at 02:31 pmMrslaurahawkins
Texas ECNL Final Club Standings (2020-21)Yesterday at 02:17 pmsmugrr
Blackhawks - Looking for Keeper & Field Players01/08/21, 06:03 pmpkcsoccer
07g Blackhawks - Looking for a full or Keeper & 2 players01/08/21, 05:35 pmpkcsoccer
TOURNAMENT: U90C SUMMER SPLASH Aug 20-22, 202131/07/21, 11:16 amU90C
Manchester SC- Looking for 1-2 girls 31/07/21, 07:21 amsoccer712
Tatu leaving sting29/07/21, 12:04 amChuck D
PLAYERS NEEDED- Texas Spurs 2012G28/07/21, 01:03 pmsara17
FC Premier 08 Eto'o Looking for a Keeper27/07/21, 04:08 pmGreenmachine
Looking for two (2) players27/07/21, 11:44 amSpence
FC Dallas West 2013G 27/07/21, 11:22 amFCD10s
FCD complete kit. YL26/07/21, 05:33 pmkicks4kids
Triumph FC 2012 Boys26/07/21, 05:01 pmTriumph FC
Unofficial Visit Question25/07/21, 09:08 pmhjm
FCD complete kit. YXL25/07/21, 08:03 pmkicks4kids
TOURNAMENT: U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug. 13-15, 202125/07/21, 12:54 pmU90C
07 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:28 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:27 pmU90C
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL Results Pixel
Statistics
We have 15004 registered users
The newest registered user is Mrslaurahawkins

Our users have posted a total of 203279 messages in 30766 subjects

ECNL Results

Go down

ECNL Results Empty ECNL Results

Post by DDdad 24/06/13, 01:46 pm

Congratulations to all of the Texas Conference Teams that advanced to Nationals.  In the ongoing debate about how good soccer is here in North Texas, I think the recent results from Colorado were interesting.

U14 has not played yet so no results there.

U15  8 Teams advanced to Nationals.  3 of those teams were from Texas Conference (Sting, Texans and FCD).  1 Midwest, 2 Mountain West, 1 Southeast and 1 Northeast

U16  8 Teams advance to Nationals.  2 of those teams were from Texas Conference (Sting AHFC), 1 NE, 1 Mountain, 4 from SoCal

U17 8 Teams advanced.  2 were from Texas Conference (Sting, Lonestar), 2 From SoCal, 1 Mid Atlantic, 1 Mid West, 1 NE and 1 SE

U18  Of the four teams still in it as of right now, 1 Mid Atlantic, 1 Mountain West, 1 SE and 1 Texas

In all, Mid Atlantic had 2 teams advance, Midwest 2, Mountain West 4, Northwest 0, SoCal 6, Southeast 3, Texas 8 and NE 3

From a Club standpoint, Sting had three teams advance (98, 97, 96), Slammers had 2, PDA 2 and all others were 1.

Thus, of the 28 teams still competing, 50% are from Texas or SoCal. 

Well done ladies.  IMO, the Texas Conference was very well represented in a VERY tough field.
DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 188
Points : 4539
Join date : 2009-11-11

Back to top Go down

ECNL Results Empty Re: ECNL Results

Post by Uncle Numanga 24/06/13, 02:28 pm

Unfortunately, dd's U18 team had to play the other U18 team from our conference in the round of 8.  The third time was the charm for our friends from Oklahoma, as dd's team beat them in the previous 2 games.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 939
Points : 5456
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Grapevine, TX

Back to top Go down

ECNL Results Empty Re: ECNL Results

Post by DDdad 24/06/13, 02:35 pm

Yep.  Saw that.  It also looks like the eventual champion took out the other Texas conference club 3-2.  Tough field.  Stinks when the same conference has to play each other.
DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 188
Points : 4539
Join date : 2009-11-11

Back to top Go down

ECNL Results Empty Re: ECNL Results

Post by outonthelimb 24/06/13, 02:53 pm

DDdad wrote:Congratulations to all of the Texas Conference Teams that advanced to Nationals.  In the ongoing debate about how good soccer is here in North Texas, I think the recent results from Colorado were interesting.

U14 has not played yet so no results there.

U15  8 Teams advanced to Nationals.  3 of those teams were from Texas Conference (Sting, Texans and FCD).  1 Midwest, 2 Mountain West, 1 Southeast and 1 Northeast

U16  8 Teams advance to Nationals.  2 of those teams were from Texas Conference (Sting AHFC), 1 NE, 1 Mountain, 4 from SoCal

U17 8 Teams advanced.  2 were from Texas Conference (Sting, Lonestar), 2 From SoCal, 1 Mid Atlantic, 1 Mid West, 1 NE and 1 SE

U18  Of the four teams still in it as of right now, 1 Mid Atlantic, 1 Mountain West, 1 SE and 1 Texas

In all, Mid Atlantic had 2 teams advance, Midwest 2, Mountain West 4, Northwest 0, SoCal 6, Southeast 3, Texas 8 and NE 3

From a Club standpoint, Sting had three teams advance (98, 97, 96), Slammers had 2, PDA 2 and all others were 1.

Thus, of the 28 teams still competing, 50% are from Texas or SoCal. 

Well done ladies.  IMO, the Texas Conference was very well represented in a VERY tough field.
That is pretty darn good.

Not to add any additional pressure than those girls already have but I'd say Texas Conference would be a favorite in 4 of 5 Divisions!

u14 - Solar 99 (undefeated season)
u15 - The Great Sting 98 (#1 seed who avenged their only loss of the season this morning, beat the #2 seed by 4 goals, u14 runner-ups and defending champ has been eliminated)
u16 - The Queens of One Ring Sting 97 (u14 National Champs, u15 Runner-up and defending champ has been eliminated)
u18 - TSC (#1 seed but two time defending champ is still alive)


Last edited by outonthelimb on 08/07/13, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 449
Points : 4660
Join date : 2010-03-01
Location : Out on a limb...

Back to top Go down

ECNL Results Empty Re: ECNL Results

Post by SteamingBean 24/06/13, 05:06 pm

I saw a handful of the U15 and U16 games and the Texas girls looked good and played great.  Even though some of our team almost over-ate pizza and burped pepperoni all over the field (not EVER doing that again, geez) they are advancing.  Congrats to ALL the N Tx teams. You represented well.
SteamingBean
SteamingBean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 3456
Join date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

ECNL Results Empty Re: ECNL Results

Post by Linework 26/06/13, 02:02 pm

Being from socal some peolpe think that we are the epicenter of girls soccer and it is true, we have a ton of talent theres no doubt, but the results in colorado speak for themselves especially in the U15 age group. My dd is a new U14 playing for Slammers ECNL and she is definitely looking forward to playing the great teams from Texas, but unfortunately not for another year it looks like. Good luck to all of the Texas teams going to virginia!
Linework
Linework
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 2965
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

ECNL Results Empty Re: ECNL Results

Post by Lawnboy 01/07/13, 11:21 am

Not to mention that in each of the U15, U16, and U17 North American League divisions, the Texas Conference is sending two teams. Well done, ladies.

__________________________________________________







.
Lawnboy
Lawnboy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 924
Points : 5398
Join date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

ECNL Results Empty Re: ECNL Results

Post by soccersounder 05/07/13, 02:09 pm

Lawnboy wrote:Not to mention that in each of the U15, U16, and U17 North American League divisions, the Texas Conference is sending two teams.  Well done, ladies.

As best as I can tell, the North American League Finals are to determine the 33rd place team in ECNL... Not trying to minimize it, but it might add some kick if the 8 second place Champions League Teams joined the top 24 North American Teams in this competition.
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 411
Points : 3823
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

ECNL Results Empty Re: ECNL Results

Post by soccertaxi 05/07/13, 02:52 pm

soccersounder wrote:
Lawnboy wrote:Not to mention that in each of the U15, U16, and U17 North American League divisions, the Texas Conference is sending two teams.  Well done, ladies.

As best as I can tell, the North American League Finals are to determine the 33rd place team in ECNL... Not trying to minimize it, but it might add some kick if the 8 second place Champions League Teams joined the top 24 North American Teams in this competition.

And what is the 'showcase' group playing for in Colorado? 65th place? LOL

soccertaxi
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 4109
Join date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

ECNL Results Empty Re: ECNL Results

Post by soccersounder 05/07/13, 03:09 pm

soccertaxi wrote:
soccersounder wrote:
Lawnboy wrote:Not to mention that in each of the U15, U16, and U17 North American League divisions, the Texas Conference is sending two teams.  Well done, ladies.

As best as I can tell, the North American League Finals are to determine the 33rd place team in ECNL... Not trying to minimize it, but it might add some kick if the 8 second place Champions League Teams joined the top 24 North American Teams in this competition.

And what is the 'showcase' group playing for in Colorado? 65th place? LOL

Well, now that you mention it S-taxi, the "Showcase" aspect of ECNL is the most important part of it.. That is suppose to be the draw to ECNL... So the competition format would be secondary
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 411
Points : 3823
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

ECNL Results Empty Re: ECNL Results

Post by Gunners 08/07/13, 08:02 am

soccersounder wrote:
soccertaxi wrote:
soccersounder wrote:
Lawnboy wrote:Not to mention that in each of the U15, U16, and U17 North American League divisions, the Texas Conference is sending two teams.  Well done, ladies.

As best as I can tell, the North American League Finals are to determine the 33rd place team in ECNL... Not trying to minimize it, but it might add some kick if the 8 second place Champions League Teams joined the top 24 North American Teams in this competition.

And what is the 'showcase' group playing for in Colorado? 65th place? LOL

Well, now that you mention it S-taxi, the "Showcase" aspect of ECNL is the most important part of it.. That is suppose to be the draw to ECNL...  So the competition format would be secondary

In theory you are correct. In practice, though, the showcase aspect of the events and the regional games is secondary. Every result holds significant value, therefore coaches approach them with a must-win mentality. The assumption that games (specifically event games) are showcases, is very flawed.

__________________________________________________
I got 99 problems but the pitch ain't one
Gunners
Gunners
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1292
Points : 5808
Join date : 2009-05-04
Location : Looking for The Situation

Back to top Go down

ECNL Results Empty Re: ECNL Results

Post by Linework 08/07/13, 10:36 am

soccersounder wrote:
soccertaxi wrote:
soccersounder wrote:
Lawnboy wrote:Not to mention that in each of the U15, U16, and U17 North American League divisions, the Texas Conference is sending two teams.  Well done, ladies.

As best as I can tell, the North American League Finals are to determine the 33rd place team in ECNL... Not trying to minimize it, but it might add some kick if the 8 second place Champions League Teams joined the top 24 North American Teams in this competition.

And what is the 'showcase' group playing for in Colorado? 65th place? LOL

Well, now that you mention it S-taxi, the "Showcase" aspect of ECNL is the most important part of it.. That is suppose to be the draw to ECNL...  So the competition format would be secondary
i agree, in theory the results wouldn't even matter but once the competetive juices start flowing winning is all that matters. Everyone wants to number one.
Linework
Linework
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 2965
Join date : 2013-06-26

Back to top Go down

ECNL Results Empty Re: ECNL Results

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum