North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
ECNL-08Yesterday at 11:34 pmcheckpoint.charlie
Top ‘07 NTX Boys TeamsYesterday at 09:37 pmCtrl Alt de Ligt
Youth Pick-up Games Are Back!Yesterday at 02:16 pmcityfutsal
ECNL 04 Girls Week 4Yesterday at 10:38 amdtk9119
Online Personal Trainer, Live & On-demand24/09/20, 01:35 pmcityfutsal
FC Dallas South Kounas 11B - Looking for Keeper24/09/20, 10:32 amcgooden
FC Dallas South Kounas 11B24/09/20, 10:17 amcgooden
07 ECNL23/09/20, 11:52 pmCheckpoint Charlie
Dual roster 23/09/20, 11:40 pmCheckpoint Charlie
Looking for a team23/09/20, 11:26 pmCheckpoint Charlie
ECNL 04 Girls Week 323/09/20, 04:13 pmBluesTraveler
Still looking for a team? RISE8 FC 07G LHGC League & Futsal23/09/20, 12:19 pmCccrushers
RISE8 FC 08G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTER23/09/20, 11:47 amCccrushers
RISE8 FC 07G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTER23/09/20, 11:34 amCccrushers
Dallas Roma FC 2012. Coached by Patrick Shamu 22/09/20, 06:09 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 2011 Coached by Patrick Shamu 22/09/20, 06:01 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 10s Classic lge Needing a Goalkeeper. 22/09/20, 05:49 pmDRFC Academy
FC Dallas 11G Copa, JGAL, 2 open spots 22/09/20, 04:00 pmCoachEddieMarin
Goalkeeper Wanted22/09/20, 01:55 pmcoachsansom
Sting 12 boys MOLE (Frisco)22/09/20, 01:11 pmCoachGM
Thiago has the most passes in English Premier League22/09/20, 03:36 amALEXXXXXXX
Renegades 2012G Central • Mendoza21/09/20, 11:48 amRenegades Soccer Club
Renegades Soccer Club 2014/15G • Central Division21/09/20, 08:53 amRenegades Soccer Club
Renegades Soccer Club 2013G’s Opportunity’s 21/09/20, 08:42 amRenegades Soccer Club
FC Premier now forming Boys & Girls Juniors teams 2013-201520/09/20, 07:58 pmMuc03b
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14516 registered users
The newest registered user is checkpoint.charlie

Our users have posted a total of 200218 messages in 29427 subjects

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by Bionic Cat on 10/07/13, 10:09 pm

Meow.

Bionic Cat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 215
Join date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by soccersounder on 11/07/13, 07:33 am

fatherofoneplayer wrote:I had to go from memory on most of those. Appears 99 has dwindled to just a mere memory of times past. TM and DMN days long forgotten.

Well this thread shows we can bring it back when we need to...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 411
Points : 3513
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by Type 1 left-footer on 11/07/13, 12:12 pm

soccersounder wrote:
fatherofoneplayer wrote:I had to go from memory on most of those. Appears 99 has dwindled to just a mere memory of times past. TM and DMN days long forgotten.

Well this thread shows we can bring it back when we need to...

yep tongue 
Type 1 left-footer
Type 1 left-footer
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1026
Points : 5445
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by MoveYourFeet on 11/07/13, 12:36 pm

I have an 04 Boy. I found it amusing that some of the same user names/people are on that board as well.

Pitchboy has an 04 Boy as well, although I haven't seen him post anything in a while.
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 512
Points : 4621
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 51
Location : south of OK

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by berserker13 on 11/07/13, 02:18 pm

Bionic Cat wrote:Meow.

I want to know who bionic cat is, because you are awesome! The timing is always on, makes me laugh everytime.
berserker13
berserker13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 198
Points : 4392
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 48
Location : back in Texas

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by MoveYourFeet on 11/07/13, 02:36 pm

berserker13 wrote:
Bionic Cat wrote:Meow.

I want to know who bionic cat is, because you are awesome!  The timing is always on, makes me laugh everytime.

BC is a genius. Always proving that less is more.
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 512
Points : 4621
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 51
Location : south of OK

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by KatCon on 11/07/13, 02:54 pm

fatherofoneplayer wrote:
soccersounder wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:I'm looking for an Uncle Fish appearance soon. Maybe a Dallas Dude Rump Shaker to get things going.

Maybe Warrior99, Autograph, Lonestar & TruDog

Bevo, Gunners, Pitchboy, Kat Con, Wolf, Force, NY Smartazz(sp), Type1, wittymgr.....


Hola!



KatCon
KatCon
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1503
Points : 5736
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : North Texas

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by ny~smart~az on 11/07/13, 04:07 pm

fatherofoneplayer wrote:
soccersounder wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:I'm looking for an Uncle Fish appearance soon. Maybe a Dallas Dude Rump Shaker to get things going.

Maybe Warrior99, Autograph, Lonestar & TruDog

Bevo, Gunners, Pitchboy, Kat Con, Wolf, Force, NY Smartazz(sp), Type1, wittymgr.....


:cheers:ahhh....the memories.
ny~smart~az
ny~smart~az
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 106
Points : 4243
Join date : 2009-05-19
Location : Westside

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by Turfmonster on 11/07/13, 04:12 pm

You guys should come back to my site!
Turfmonster
Turfmonster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 11
Points : 4159
Join date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by notdavidmay on 11/07/13, 04:19 pm

Turfmonster wrote:You guys should come back to my site!

Yes, this site is terrible.
notdavidmay
notdavidmay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 46
Points : 4195
Join date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by clueless on 11/07/13, 04:21 pm

Not until I figure out that poster's name - wonder if Kenshi would recall? Then again, it could have been on the boy's side.
This is worse than forgetting my date's name in college (I think it was 'hey' or 'what's up').

I just recall his field marshal post as being pure genius and his way with words was second to none. Especially given his avatar was a crusty old man, it was very easy to visual him speaking to me.

Unlike my old avatar which was a constant source of grief/disdain amongst the mothers on our team.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 724
Points : 4902
Join date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by golgolgol on 11/07/13, 05:47 pm

Clueless, are you talking about Rasta???? LOL
puff, puff, pass!
golgolgol
golgolgol
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 949
Points : 5343
Join date : 2009-05-05
Age : 105
Location : right here

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by clueless on 11/07/13, 06:05 pm

golgolgol wrote:Clueless, are you talking about Rasta???? LOL
puff, puff, pass!

Nope but you guys have me dying when I think of all those names and the avatars come to mind.

I liked uncs old one.

clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 724
Points : 4902
Join date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by fatherofoneplayer on 11/07/13, 07:37 pm

If we are going to reminesce, who remembers the DMN story from 2009?

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/31576/what-theyre-saying.html

http://theendzone.blogspot.com/2009/03/youth-soccer-follies.html?m=1

I couldn't find the archived article on the DMN website.
fatherofoneplayer
fatherofoneplayer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 210
Points : 4199
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by MoveYourFeet on 11/07/13, 08:20 pm

clueless wrote:
golgolgol wrote:Clueless, are you talking about Rasta???? LOL
puff, puff, pass!

Nope but you guys have me dying when I think of all those names and the avatars come to mind.

I liked uncs old one.


I think I know who you are talking about, but I can't remember the screen name.
Hmmmmm

MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 512
Points : 4621
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 51
Location : south of OK

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by TallTexxan on 11/07/13, 08:41 pm

MoveYourFeet wrote:
clueless wrote:
golgolgol wrote:Clueless, are you talking about Rasta???? LOL
puff, puff, pass!

Nope but you guys have me dying when I think of all those names and the avatars come to mind.

I liked uncs old one.


I think I know who you are talking about, but I can't remember the screen name.
Hmmmmm


Zeeba Neighba was the guru of the 98s back in the TM days...he was never controversial and was just very well informed.

Nothing like the 00 days on this site with Gunners, VTFW, all of the Solar aliases....and my personal favorite RefRider
TallTexxan
TallTexxan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 257
Points : 4140
Join date : 2010-03-07
Location : Took my talents to South Beach

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by Blank77 on 11/07/13, 09:12 pm

fatherofoneplayer wrote:If we are going to reminesce, who remembers the DMN story from 2009?

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/31576/what-theyre-saying.html

http://theendzone.blogspot.com/2009/03/youth-soccer-follies.html?m=1

I couldn't find the archived article on the DMN website.

I like this quote...

"It's a new and unwelcome addition that further erodes sportsmanship in youth sports. It's not an unexpected evolution. But it is discouraging."
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 927
Points : 4413
Join date : 2011-05-15
Location : Obviously at a different IP than last time

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by JeffM on 11/07/13, 10:03 pm

clueless wrote:Not until I figure out that poster's name - wonder if Kenshi would recall? Then again, it could have been on the boy's side.
This is worse than forgetting my date's name in college (I think it was 'hey' or 'what's up').

I just recall his field marshal post as being pure genius and his way with words was second to none. Especially given his avatar was a crusty old man, it was very easy to visual him speaking to me.

Unlike my old avatar which was a constant source of grief/disdain amongst the mothers on our team.

The poster with the field marshall post was Aswan. He was hands down the best of Turf Monster. The only one who was even on the radar screen was Yuk, because even his meanest post would make you laugh out loud.



__________________________________________________
When you can snatch the pebbles from my hand Grasshopper, it will be time for you to leave.
JeffM
JeffM
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 963
Points : 5216
Join date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by wittymgr on 12/07/13, 09:50 am

fatherofoneplayer wrote:
soccersounder wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:I'm looking for an Uncle Fish appearance soon. Maybe a Dallas Dude Rump Shaker to get things going.

Maybe Warrior99, Autograph, Lonestar & TruDog

Bevo, Gunners, Pitchboy, Kat Con, Wolf, Force, NY Smartazz(sp), Type1, wittymgr.....

Present and accounted for...
wittymgr
wittymgr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Points : 4505
Join date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by clueless on 12/07/13, 10:17 am

JeffM wrote:
clueless wrote:Not until I figure out that poster's name - wonder if Kenshi would recall? Then again, it could have been on the boy's side.
This is worse than forgetting my date's name in college (I think it was 'hey' or 'what's up').

I just recall his field marshal post as being pure genius and his way with words was second to none. Especially given his avatar was a crusty old man, it was very easy to visual him speaking to me.

Unlike my old avatar which was a constant source of grief/disdain amongst the mothers on our team.

The poster with the field marshall post was Aswan.  He was hands down the best of Turf Monster.  The only one who was even on the radar screen was Yuk, because even his meanest post would make you laugh out loud.


WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! Thank you - I can now sleep after 3 weeks of pacing around the house. Goodnight.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 724
Points : 4902
Join date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by Shotshagger on 17/07/13, 10:55 pm

TallTexxan wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:
clueless wrote:
golgolgol wrote:Clueless, are you talking about Rasta???? LOL
puff, puff, pass!

Nope but you guys have me dying when I think of all those names and the avatars come to mind.

I liked uncs old one.


I think I know who you are talking about, but I can't remember the screen name.
Hmmmmm


Zeeba Neighba was the guru of the 98s back in the TM days...he was never controversial and was just very well informed.

Nothing like the 00 days on this site with Gunners, VTFW, all of the Solar aliases....and my personal favorite RefRider

I know a real ref or two who couldn't get over RefRider.

I believe Zeeba Neighba went on to a career in the NSA.
Shotshagger
Shotshagger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 376
Points : 4587
Join date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by soccersounder on 18/07/13, 07:46 am

To kind of wrap up the initial thread topic:

The NTX U14's Rep'd well out at Nationals last week. Both Solar & FC Dallas finished tied for 6th out of the 16 teams.. After the tiebreaks, Solar finished #8 and FCD #11.. As a conference, they put us in the top 3 after SoCal and Mountain West...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 411
Points : 3513
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by NotGuilty on 19/07/13, 01:45 am

Had to give a shout out to all my boys. Been dormant for months, maybe years, but I would love a Rump Shaker. Makes us all smile. Also, love a little controversy brewing right in the middle of silly season.
NotGuilty
NotGuilty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 244
Points : 4331
Join date : 2009-07-21
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by Elk1 on 17/08/13, 04:14 pm

Elk jumping back in here after being away for years in the mountains with Rasta.

This is some funny but sad poop to revisit after so long. I feel for this person (Glad she's with the best club now) hello to her parents--great people and I can relate to the coach and parent poop as it was something we dealt with with the coach, team and parents when were trying to make the team.

Life moves on, stories are great to revisit and its always good to see Cain-Soccer Sounder and the always famous LLFrisco on here...hope to see him a lot at High School soccer this next year
Great entertainment and now back to the mountains where Elk are safe.

Elk1
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 2603
Join date : 2013-08-17

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by Elk on 17/08/13, 07:01 pm

Elk1 wrote:Elk jumping back in here after being away for years in the mountains with Rasta.

This is some funny but sad poop to revisit after so long. I feel for this person (Glad she's with the best club now) hello to her parents--great people and I can relate to the coach and parent poop as it was something we dealt with with the coach, team and parents when were trying to make the team.

Life moves on, stories are great to revisit and its always good to see Cain-Soccer Sounder and the always famous LLFrisco on here...hope to see him a lot at High School soccer this next year
Great entertainment and now back to the mountains where Elk are safe.
That was me with a lost password. I'm back.
Elk
Elk
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 234
Points : 4414
Join date : 2009-05-13
Age : 62
Location : Frisco-right next to the Disco

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by GreatSave on 27/08/13, 05:26 pm

Haha, I was cleaning up my bookmarks and ran across the forum - I just couldn't resist...

We left NTX soccer ('99 Girls) years ago when we moved out of state.  We also had our "WTF was he thinking" experience with my DD's coach at the time and were really glad to be out of that environment.

My DD had some great times and made some good friends (so did my wife and I for that matter) while she played in LHGCL, but we sure don't miss the drama. And I'll be the first to admit that I wish I had a few "do overs" on account for some of my choices as well.  Sometimes one has to step away to gain perspective.

I guess the old saying is really true: "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

Best wishes to all of you and your DD's for the coming year.  For all the drama, I miss the friendships made on and off the field. Some really good times...

Now can we get a rump shaker...?
GreatSave
GreatSave
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 9
Points : 4092
Join date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: Apparently The Inmates Are Running The Asylum

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum