North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
07 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:28 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:27 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:26 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:26 pmU90C
13 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:25 pmU90C
03 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:22 pmU90C
06 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:21 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:20 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:19 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:18 pmU90C
13 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:17 pmU90C
RPL - REGIONAL PREMIER LEAGUE - FALL 2021 REGISTRATION OPENToday at 04:56 pmU90C
LAST DAY OF EXTENDED REGISTRATION - TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC Today at 03:19 pmmusaisaya
TCSL FALL 2021 U6-U14 SAVE UP TO $75Today at 11:18 amTXClubSoccer
BVB 10G Green - 1 spot available Today at 10:05 amAshlock09
Manchester SC- Looking for 1-2 girls Today at 08:50 amsoccer712
FC Fast 2010 Boys (Powell) Looking for 1-2 more players!Today at 08:47 amfcfast10
Texas ECNL Final Club Standings (2020-21)Yesterday at 05:02 pmHooper214
Texas Lonestars open spot. Yesterday at 07:55 ambigred
NTX CELTIC 13B DUKE- FM,COPPELL,HV,CARROLLTONYesterday at 05:47 amCelticSoccer
EXTENDED REGISTRATION - TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC21/07/21, 01:25 pmmusaisaya
Manchester SC 04B Albion Open Sessions20/07/21, 11:46 pmalbionunitedfc@gmail.com
College ID Camp for $60 Men July 21st and Women 22nd20/07/21, 12:12 pmJerlopez
Renegades 13B North - Blanton 19/07/21, 09:41 pmtareyncarol
Solar 07s19/07/21, 08:09 pmcenTex

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR A SOCCER TEAM (PART 1 OF 2) - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14998 registered users
The newest registered user is soccer712

Our users have posted a total of 203249 messages in 30753 subjects

THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR A SOCCER TEAM (PART 1 OF 2)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR A SOCCER TEAM (PART 1 OF 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR A SOCCER TEAM (PART 1 OF 2)

Post by Gunner9 15/07/13, 06:18 pm

I don't know how many questions there are, I only got to #5 before every team in NTX was eliminated. Guess we're doing gymnastics...

Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR A SOCCER TEAM (PART 1 OF 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR A SOCCER TEAM (PART 1 OF 2)

Post by InaB 15/07/13, 06:30 pm

Bwhahaha
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bionic Cat 16/07/13, 08:59 pm

Meow.

THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR A SOCCER TEAM (PART 1 OF 2) - Page 2 8to88
Bionic Cat
Bionic Cat
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 17/07/13, 01:15 pm

Bionic Cat wrote:Meow.

THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR A SOCCER TEAM (PART 1 OF 2) - Page 2 8to88

I'm normally in full agreement with you Bionic Cat but this time you're spewing propagandist crap!

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/07/13, 01:51 pm

bwgophers wrote:If this is the checklist soccerstand has for picking a soccer team, I would L-O-V-E to see the checklist he/she put together for:

1)  When he/she chose whether or not to go college and if so, which college he/she went to...
2)  How they chose their spouse...
3)  How they chose their current employer...
4)  How they chose where to live, what house to buy...

I'm a self-admitted over-analytical geekazoid, but HOLY CRAP!affraid Shocked Rolling Eyes
This one made the beer shoot out my nose

Back to top Go down

Post by travelin light 17/07/13, 02:14 pm

Gumby wrote:
bwgophers wrote:If this is the checklist soccerstand has for picking a soccer team, I would L-O-V-E to see the checklist he/she put together for:

1)  When he/she chose whether or not to go college and if so, which college he/she went to...
2)  How they chose their spouse...
3)  How they chose their current employer...
4)  How they chose where to live, what house to buy...

I'm a self-admitted over-analytical geekazoid, but HOLY CRAP!affraid Shocked Rolling Eyes
This one made the beer shoot out my nose

Wish I was allowed to have beer in the middle of hump day!  drunken
travelin light
travelin light
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 17/07/13, 04:19 pm

Well, it almost made me spill my 1996 Pinot Noir. Luckily, I saved it. Razz 
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by FatherGoose 18/07/13, 08:41 am

Wow . . . MUST be a Coach/Manager problem OR your DD wasn't on a team in contention. I think ECNL has only been around for two years or maybe three. Don't think any club/team has had time to establish their dynasty yet, NTx or otherwise . . .

soccerstand wrote:TripDD - Your points are well taken and understood.  I'm just throwing this out here for discussion.  Obviously North Texas can't put together a National Championship ECNL team so something is wrong.  I suggest that the answers are buried somewhere in the various questions that I pose.
FatherGoose
FatherGoose
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerstand 18/07/13, 11:15 am

In my opinion both Texans and Sting have already established their soccer clubs as "dynasties" in all of Womens Soccer. In fact both clubs may be the best run in the USA. However, I believe none of the individual teams within both clubs will ever become "dynasties" or reach their full promise because the clubs can't or don't want or know how to deal with some of the negatives or boost some of the positives on the list that I put forth.

soccerstand
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 18/07/13, 11:39 am

Well, if you waited to put your DD in soccer based on your list, you will still be looking (if you live that long) when your great-grandchild is playing. Perfection is difficult to achieve. There have been (and will be) some really great teams, but I don't think any of them have (or will) hit perfection.

Life isn't perfect, and no amount of questions or rules or caveates will change that fact. People who look for perfection are blinded by their narrow vision to the fact that even imperfect moments can be great ones.

In the grand scheme of things is it really important for North Texas to dominate every league across the US (or known to mankind)? Will that help enable world peace or end world hunger? Will it create a league of super hero soccer players who dominate the world? Somehow, I think not. Very Happy 

Personally, I want to understand why my DDs' feet just went through another growth spurt and the shoes I bought her three months ago no longer fit. I want to know why clubs insist on changing uniforms in bits and pieces every year? I want to know why LH, NTSA, Clubs and Home Associations all want different information all within a week of signing?

After these questions are answered, of course I want world peace.

Cool 

InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 18/07/13, 12:12 pm

Just for giggles I asked my DD what she felt was important when considering a soccer team. Her reply: FOOD.

I blame InaB and her cupcakes. Wink
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DDPlays4Snacks 18/07/13, 12:42 pm

My Nickname says it all for my DD. It's been, what, 8 or 9 years, and she still wants her snacks after a game! She would love the cupcake offer but it is just too far to drive. All about the food! LOL
DDPlays4Snacks
DDPlays4Snacks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 18/07/13, 12:43 pm

soccerstand wrote:TripDD - Your points are well taken and understood.  I'm just throwing this out here for discussion.  Obviously North Texas can't put together a National Championship ECNL team so something is wrong.  I suggest that the answers are buried somewhere in the various questions that I pose.

Winning a championship requires a perfect storm of coaching, talent, chemistry and even luck (good seeding, no injuries, etc.). No checklist will ever help to identify a National Championship team.

Even in the professional world where you have the best teams money can buy it doesn't happen. See: Barcelona, Los Angeles Lakers, NY Yankees, etc.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 18/07/13, 12:56 pm

Funny how we all assess likes/dislikes and where we fit in. Years ago my niece went on a college tour, which included Baylor. When she returned home I asked her what she thought knowing that she atteneded a few classes, met with recruiters, toured the beautiful campus. Her response...."well, I don't really like green and gold". Go figure. She wound up choosing a school across the border.

Hummmm, now that I think about it.....I don't really like crimson and cream ;-)
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 18/07/13, 01:03 pm

RightWingDad wrote:Hummmm, now that I think about it.....I don't really like crimson and cream ;-)

Sounds like a smart girl to me. cheers 
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 18/07/13, 01:17 pm

She cheered for them....and loved it...but I think it was more about her "delta-delta-delta" experience than the school specifically. But she did make some great life long friendships...and that is important to do SOONER than later, right?
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 18/07/13, 01:56 pm

txtransplant wrote:Just for giggles I asked my DD what she felt was important when considering a soccer team. Her reply: FOOD.

I blame InaB and her cupcakes. Wink

I admit it, I keep the team well oiled with cupcakes and cookies. Nothing like dangling that carrot (cake). cheers  We take out of area visitors too!
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 18/07/13, 09:43 pm

txtransplant wrote:

Winning a championship requires a perfect storm of coaching, talent, chemistry and even luck (good seeding, no injuries, etc.). No checklist will ever help to identify a National Championship team.

Even in the professional world where you have the best teams money can buy it doesn't happen. See: Barcelona, Los Angeles Lakers, NY Yankees, etc.

Well that must mean the year over year champions are different every year and it is only a statistical amount of time before a NTX team wins.... cheers cheers 

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum