North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Top 03 Forwards, Mids, and Defenders Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Top 03 Forwards, Mids, and Defenders

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Top 03 Forwards, Mids, and Defenders Empty Top 03 Forwards, Mids, and Defenders

Post by GrandTXSoccer 09/08/13, 10:36 am

Since I didn't think it was fair for only GK's parents to get to annonymously brag on their kids I figured I'd give the parents of these other positions a chance to brag on their kids as well.

So since there's nothing else going on for the next few weeks, tell me who you think is the best. No names please and if you don't like a kid personally, try to keep those comments to yourself please.

Let the games begin.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Top 03 Forwards, Mids, and Defenders Empty Re: Top 03 Forwards, Mids, and Defenders

Post by 03soccermomtx 09/08/13, 10:49 am

LP Keegan has some big, fast defenders with skill. Both center backs are really good.

LP Barnes has skillful midfielder with good vision and passing skills. LP Barnes left outside mid also deserves a shout out with her rocket leg.

03soccermomtx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Top 03 Forwards, Mids, and Defenders Empty Re: Top 03 Forwards, Mids, and Defenders

Post by jsullivan81 09/08/13, 10:55 am

03soccermomtx wrote:LP Keegan has some big, fast defenders with skill.  Both center backs are really good.  

LP Barnes has skillful midfielder with good vision and passing skills.  LP Barnes left outside mid also deserves a shout out with her rocket leg.
So, we can assume you are with FCD or Sting, right?

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWolf 09/08/13, 11:01 am

TheWolf
TheWolf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/08/13, 11:02 am

03soccermomtx wrote:LP Keegan has some big, fast defenders with skill.  Both center backs are really good.  

LP Barnes has skillful midfielder with good vision and passing skills.  LP Barnes left outside mid also deserves a shout out with her rocket leg.
That outside mid does have a deadly left foot.

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 09/08/13, 11:14 am

Personally I really like the CM for Sting West, from what I've seen she does the majority of the scoring and they really try to work her the ball as much as possible from what I can tell.

As far as defenders go the CB for DTS is great at tracking everything down, they don't really give her too much to really do back there besides run down the ball and clear it but she's very good at what she does.

Now as far as forwards go I enjoy watching the SRSA forwards and mids, but the FCD Gold Forward is fun to watch in space. At times gets knocked around but always comes back for more. I also like the FCD Suarez forward, super fast.

I'm sure I'll think of more kids as the list grows, some very good athletes that are still learning the game of soccer.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 09/08/13, 11:15 am

Of course this all likely changes pretty drastically the next 2-3 years...but for now here is my take with one caveat. For the girls/teams that made LHGCL...I think they are all way above the average kid. It takes a talented and committed effort to make this league so hats off to all the kids who qualified. They are all good...and are likely to get better over time if they stick with it.

Sting Gutierrez - blond forward, fast, athletic, laser focus, great touch and a GREAT name. One of my favorite kids on the field. Wish she was on our team.

Feet forward - probably a difference maker for them. Without her they are likely still LH..but maybe D2. The also have a super fab defender who if she's not should be the team leader.

FCD Suarez - Front line is a track team. Watch out opposing D1 defenders.

Dallas Rush - Awesome back line that's agressive and very quick. They know the right angles and have kept GA very low over the last 3-4 months.

SRSA - Um, can't remember. From what I recall...I think they may have some above average players somewhere on the field or the bench ;-)

I'm sure there are many others I've missed or have not seen...see caveat above. It will be an interesting year so bring it on!
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by JewelsBMF 09/08/13, 11:22 am

Mid - Mine
Forward - Mine when she plays it
Defender - Mine the one time she played it in futsal
JewelsBMF
JewelsBMF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 09/08/13, 01:45 pm

JewelsBMF wrote:Mid - Mine
Dude, you just killed this thread

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JewelsBMF 09/08/13, 01:53 pm

Joe scafone wrote:
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!"

"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."
JewelsBMF
JewelsBMF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 09/08/13, 01:58 pm

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Since I didn't think it was fair for only GK's parents to get to annonymously brag on their kids I figured I'd give the parents of these other positions a chance to brag on their kids as well.

So since there's nothing else going on for the next few weeks, tell me who you think is the best. No names please and if you don't like a kid personally, try to keep those comments to yourself please.

Let the games begin.

Don't forget...the best Forward, Midfielder, and Defender is also the best GK in '03...
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWolf 09/08/13, 02:16 pm

Joe scafone wrote:
Thanks JewelsBMF for doing just that.  Thread was created with one goal in mind.
TheWolf
TheWolf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakedad 09/08/13, 02:27 pm

JewelsBMF wrote:
Joe scafone wrote:
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!"

"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."
+1. Isn't that what we all think? My 09 is lighting it up, she's gonna go for gold in 2028!
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SteamingBean 09/08/13, 03:11 pm

I like the few who aggressively go after the ball and skillfully whip burro without knocking people down like dominoes, then tactfully and purposely deliver the ball to an open mate or to the top corner of the net. (this does exclude many)
SteamingBean
SteamingBean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 09/08/13, 06:39 pm

Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by easydoesit 10/08/13, 07:59 am

I would say the new blonde forward on Sting Hilton is pretty impressive as well. Came over from SRSA and very dangerous. I've never seen a kid do things with a ball like that one. She's fast, aggressive, and can leave you standing like a deer in headlights whether taking on 1 or several at a time. A very special and gifted player.

Last edited by easydoesit on 10/08/13, 10:19 am; edited 2 times in total

easydoesit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 10/08/13, 10:01 am

Easily identifiable standouts from last season that are still in place. If you took these players off these teams, it would change the entire dynamic.

SRSA
Left wing, Right wing, Forward, CM

FCD Gold Forward

LP Elite CM

F-e-v-e-r - Forward / all position player

Now, this season new standouts and impact players will show up. Some on new teams, some that have always been there and will get their time to shine. But for the most part, we will see team play take over the impact of the individual star.

There is not such thing as the best "defender" as defending happens as a unit. The best defense out there IMO is a tie between SRSA and Liverpool Elite.

SRSA will lead the way with team play as they have the strongest players in every position and AS (by reputation) will downplay the indy stars and focus on team.

The top teams for FCD, Texans, Liverpool, Sting will all follow this philosophy which is why they will remain top 5. Lower teams with the "star" focus will fall further and further behind - much to the dismay of the Suzie super star parents or wanna be Suzie super star parents... Sorry all, it is a team sport after all...
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/08/13, 11:32 am

"There is not such thing as the best "defender" as defending happens as a unit. "

i disagree, every team needs a go to person on defense, just like a go to person on offense. The one who saves the goal, the rock solid one that keeps things from turning into a disaster. Teams that try to hide their worst kids on defense, are in for a surprise in classic. The best defenders make it look routine.

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 10/08/13, 11:36 am

silentparent wrote:"There is not such thing as the best "defender" as defending happens as a unit. "

i disagree, every team needs a go to person on defense, just like a go to person on offense. The one who saves the goal, the rock solid one that keeps things from turning into  a disaster. Teams that try to hide their worst kids on defense, are in for a surprise in classic. The best defenders make it look routine.
They can't do it alone is the point. defenses that work as a unit are better without question. LPE is a good example
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/08/13, 12:09 pm

A top player in this age group is one who evokes FEAR in the minds of the opposition.

Back to top Go down

Post by MyDDBeatUpYourDD 10/08/13, 12:53 pm

cjsskillsofpain wrote:A top player in this age group is one who evokes FEAR in the minds of the opposition.
And teach them goalies to stay in their little boxes.
MyDDBeatUpYourDD
MyDDBeatUpYourDD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by SteamingBean 10/08/13, 03:16 pm

RightWingDad wrote:

Sting Gutierrez - blond forward, fast, athletic, laser focus, great touch and a GREAT name. One of my favorite kids on the field. Wish she was on our team.

The one who left for SRSA last month, or still with Sting G?
SteamingBean
SteamingBean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ddgonz22 10/08/13, 04:31 pm

Right mid for lp Barnes
ddgonz22
ddgonz22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 10/08/13, 05:06 pm

Anyone left footed!

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/08/13, 05:31 pm

That fast, really skilled, forward with the ponytail is awesome. I'm also really impressed by that fast, really skilled, mid with the ponytail. As far as defenders go, the really skilled, fast one with the ponytail is head and shoulders above the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next