North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tournament Guest Play: Nov & DecYesterday at 07:35 pmWhoopsie
High School Soccer Girls 2020-21Yesterday at 05:19 pmanothercrazysoccerdad
ECNL 04 Girls - Phoenix Fall Showcase24/11/20, 10:54 pmCheckpoint Charlie
ECNL 04 Girls Week 1124/11/20, 10:42 pmCheckpoint Charlie
DKSC '11G Evans - Farmers Branch, Carrollton, Dallas, Irving24/11/20, 11:48 amCoachRE
Renegades 2011 G Vaughn-Frisco/Mckinney/Plano/Allen area24/11/20, 09:24 amroger@renegades
TOURNAMENT: U90C ROUND ROCK OPEN - AUSTIN - Dec. 11-1323/11/20, 04:53 pmU90C
Renegades 2011G team forming 2020/202123/11/20, 12:11 pmRenegades Soccer Club
ECNL-ECRL 0823/11/20, 10:16 amTXyankee
TOURNAMENT: U90C UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - Dec. 4-622/11/20, 10:28 amU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C HILL COUNTRY CLASSIC - AUSTIN - Jan. 24-2620/11/20, 03:47 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C SPRING KICKOFF - Feb 4-7, 202120/11/20, 03:46 pmU90C
Dallas Roma 09 Beta looking for some new players 18/11/20, 08:55 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 09 Classic League Caoach Patrick Shamu18/11/20, 08:49 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 10 Boys looking for Gk and some field players18/11/20, 08:43 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 11 Boys looking for some new players 18/11/20, 08:36 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma 2012 Boys looking for some new players 18/11/20, 08:30 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma 2013 Boys looking for some new players . 18/11/20, 08:22 pmDRFC Academy
ECNL 04 Girls Week 918/11/20, 07:56 pmFriscoSoccer2004
League Challenge Cup -- Schedule?18/11/20, 04:41 pmCaliDog
ECNL-0817/11/20, 06:40 pmcenTex
03 Classic League D1: 2020-21 17/11/20, 06:30 pmLongview
Sting Austin 0517/11/20, 12:14 pmSoccerates01
TEXAS SPIRIT 09 - Clark16/11/20, 04:03 pmacst
03/04G Guest Keeper Needed - Sting Texas Cup16/11/20, 03:40 pmtigerdad
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14544 registered users
The newest registered user is jpbiv4

Our users have posted a total of 200586 messages in 29520 subjects

04 Labor Day Tournament

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by Guest on 19/08/13, 02:01 pm

SoccaDad wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
watzgerald wrote:"I'm curious about the LFS vs. DT Scott game.  Any commentary aside from the score?" I think both teams played "okay" although I don't think either brought their A game. We (LFS) worked hard on a possession focused game, but fell a bit short on generating any kind of consistent offensive attack. When you look at both of these teams and compare them against RASE, it is the explosiveness that we are both missing. With RASE, you know at any moment they are capable of ripping it into the back of the net.

LFS played a quality game, but we didn't create enough opportunities to ever make DT Scott worried that the game was going to slip away. I bet both sides left feeling like the next time the teams meet it will be a different game (with each thinking they will step it up and win). And I guess that is a good thing!

Unfortunately for others, the RASE team possess the ball way better than any other team in the age group. They also have the most skilled players and it'll be a real tough job for the other coaches to mould their teams to compete with them. At the moment, I'd say its impossible.
Nothing is impossible, improbable maybe but never impossible...  
Fair point - improbable would be more appropriate. I do wonder what the other coaches are doing to try and close the gap?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by Guest on 19/08/13, 02:08 pm

Master Bates wrote:
SoccaDad wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
watzgerald wrote:"I'm curious about the LFS vs. DT Scott game.  Any commentary aside from the score?" I think both teams played "okay" although I don't think either brought their A game. We (LFS) worked hard on a possession focused game, but fell a bit short on generating any kind of consistent offensive attack. When you look at both of these teams and compare them against RASE, it is the explosiveness that we are both missing. With RASE, you know at any moment they are capable of ripping it into the back of the net.

LFS played a quality game, but we didn't create enough opportunities to ever make DT Scott worried that the game was going to slip away. I bet both sides left feeling like the next time the teams meet it will be a different game (with each thinking they will step it up and win). And I guess that is a good thing!

Unfortunately for others, the RASE team possess the ball way better than any other team in the age group. They also have the most skilled players and it'll be a real tough job for the other coaches to mould their teams to compete with them. At the moment, I'd say its impossible.
Nothing is impossible, improbable maybe but never impossible...  
Fair point - improbable would be more appropriate. I do wonder what the other coaches are doing to try and close the gap?
I would assume implement the best possible program they can for the players they have (for the day all the fun begins), while others are churning players through the turnstile to find the best possible available players on the market and yet others could care less about RASE and their successes or failures... so I bet those coaches that are in contention for those ever beloved rankings are doing what they always do cause it's the program that they believe works for their players and the parents will continue to follow that coach and team because they've bought into that program... My guess? Most coaches, I do say most, not all, really aren't chasing RASE at all. They're chasing wins and implementing the programs they believe in. Does that sound like a fair assessment?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by Ted Lasso on 19/08/13, 02:17 pm



I heard this is what LFS is working on to combat RASE - note the color of the eyes. Its a secret. Dont tell RASE!

Ted Lasso
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Points : 2689
Join date : 2013-08-15

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by HoldTheDoor on 19/08/13, 02:23 pm

go99 wrote:
2good4u wrote:JK has done a good job with LFS, at least with his 04 G.  No idea about any other age groups or the boys side.  Good for him as I'm sure there were man doubters.  There is absolutely NO certainty with the future of any team, especially as the teams near select.  Another big shakedown will happen in a few years when ECNL becomes a factor.

I'm curious about the LFS vs. DT Scott game.  Any commentary aside from the score?  I heard from a couple of sources from both teams that DT had LFS on their heels for much of the game.
No comment!!! any would be seen as bashing LFS, JK, the state of Oklahoma and neon



Wow Go, you are on a roll today. With the soccer politics the way they are, may want to watch who you offend, your dd may be trying out for D'feeters one day for ECNL

HoldTheDoor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 101
Points : 3577
Join date : 2011-05-23

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by Guest on 19/08/13, 02:24 pm

SoccaDad wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
SoccaDad wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
watzgerald wrote:"I'm curious about the LFS vs. DT Scott game.  Any commentary aside from the score?" I think both teams played "okay" although I don't think either brought their A game. We (LFS) worked hard on a possession focused game, but fell a bit short on generating any kind of consistent offensive attack. When you look at both of these teams and compare them against RASE, it is the explosiveness that we are both missing. With RASE, you know at any moment they are capable of ripping it into the back of the net.

LFS played a quality game, but we didn't create enough opportunities to ever make DT Scott worried that the game was going to slip away. I bet both sides left feeling like the next time the teams meet it will be a different game (with each thinking they will step it up and win). And I guess that is a good thing!

Unfortunately for others, the RASE team possess the ball way better than any other team in the age group. They also have the most skilled players and it'll be a real tough job for the other coaches to mould their teams to compete with them. At the moment, I'd say its impossible.
Nothing is impossible, improbable maybe but never impossible...  
Fair point - improbable would be more appropriate. I do wonder what the other coaches are doing to try and close the gap?
I would assume implement the best possible program they can for the players they have (for the day all the fun begins), while others are churning players through the turnstile to find the best possible available players on the market and yet others could care less about RASE and their successes or failures...  so I bet those coaches that are in contention for those ever beloved rankings are doing what they always do cause it's the program that they believe works for their players and the parents will continue to follow that coach and team because they've bought into that program...  My guess?  Most coaches, I do say most, not all, really aren't chasing RASE at all.  They're chasing wins and implementing the programs they believe in.  Does that sound like a fair assessment?
I haven't got to see many games lately but those I have I would say the top 04 teams, bar RASE, are probably behind where the top 03s were this time last year.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 19/08/13, 02:29 pm

SoccaDad wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
SoccaDad wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
watzgerald wrote:"I'm curious about the LFS vs. DT Scott game.  Any commentary aside from the score?" I think both teams played "okay" although I don't think either brought their A game. We (LFS) worked hard on a possession focused game, but fell a bit short on generating any kind of consistent offensive attack. When you look at both of these teams and compare them against RASE, it is the explosiveness that we are both missing. With RASE, you know at any moment they are capable of ripping it into the back of the net.

LFS played a quality game, but we didn't create enough opportunities to ever make DT Scott worried that the game was going to slip away. I bet both sides left feeling like the next time the teams meet it will be a different game (with each thinking they will step it up and win). And I guess that is a good thing!

Unfortunately for others, the RASE team possess the ball way better than any other team in the age group. They also have the most skilled players and it'll be a real tough job for the other coaches to mould their teams to compete with them. At the moment, I'd say its impossible.
Nothing is impossible, improbable maybe but never impossible...  
Fair point - improbable would be more appropriate. I do wonder what the other coaches are doing to try and close the gap?
I would assume implement the best possible program they can for the players they have (for the day all the fun begins), while others are churning players through the turnstile to find the best possible available players on the market and yet others could care less about RASE and their successes or failures...  so I bet those coaches that are in contention for those ever beloved rankings are doing what they always do cause it's the program that they believe works for their players and the parents will continue to follow that coach and team because they've bought into that program...  My guess?  Most coaches, I do say most, not all, really aren't chasing RASE at all.  They're chasing wins and implementing the programs they believe in.  Does that sound like a fair assessment?
I would say its fair to a point.  Ask yourself the question; "How much more $$ are you will to throw out for mediocrity?"
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 870
Points : 4114
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by go99 on 19/08/13, 02:35 pm

Oksoccer guy wrote:
Its_a_marathon wrote:
Oksoccer guy wrote:
Its_a_marathon wrote:
go99 wrote:
2good4u wrote:JK has done a good job with LFS, at least with his 04 G.  No idea about any other age groups or the boys side.  Good for him as I'm sure there were man doubters.  There is absolutely NO certainty with the future of any team, especially as the teams near select.  Another big shakedown will happen in a few years when ECNL becomes a factor.

I'm curious about the LFS vs. DT Scott game.  Any commentary aside from the score?  I heard from a couple of sources from both teams that DT had LFS on their heels for much of the game.
No comment!!! any would be seen as bashing LFS, JK, the state of Oklahoma and neon
Wait did you say Oklahoma!  You got me pumped up, Football season starts Aug 31st!...  
http://www.soonersports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=31000&SPID=127245&SPSID=750325

cheers 
Its a marathon...let me help you out http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/okst-m-footbl-sched.html

Orange Power
I wondered how long before an OSU guy piped up. Now go back to your cave that T Bone Built you.  
I am ok with the T Boone reference. It is a pretty nice cave.

Even though you are a U of O guy, I will try to catch one of your DD's games over Labor Day.
BOOMER SOONER!!!! Although that was a reference to the JK oklahoma connection
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 6827
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by go99 on 19/08/13, 02:45 pm

Eliza466 wrote:
go99 wrote:
2good4u wrote:JK has done a good job with LFS, at least with his 04 G.  No idea about any other age groups or the boys side.  Good for him as I'm sure there were man doubters.  There is absolutely NO certainty with the future of any team, especially as the teams near select.  Another big shakedown will happen in a few years when ECNL becomes a factor.

I'm curious about the LFS vs. DT Scott game.  Any commentary aside from the score?  I heard from a couple of sources from both teams that DT had LFS on their heels for much of the game.
No comment!!! any would be seen as bashing LFS, JK, the state of Oklahoma and neon



Wow Go, you are on a roll today. With the soccer politics the way they are, may want to watch who you offend, your dd may be trying out for D'feeters one day for ECNL
Well I will put it this way. Unlike many people I would prefer my DD stand on her own abilities not her dads ability to smooze and make coaches like him. If The Feet Ers is the direction she goes and a coach decided well you can't come here because I don't like your dad then it wasn't the enviornment I want her in anyway because the flip side of that coin is player who are there because the coach DOES like their parents. So I will leave to politics to you. I don't like the taste of A$% so I will leave it to my DD to work hard and get better. You should see some of the awful things I say about texans and Hassan Suspect Oh man! you don't think he reads this do you?affraid 
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 6827
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 19/08/13, 02:48 pm

I watched games over this weekend (u10 girls and boys) and to no surprise, I saw few teams that could not make a three string pass connection before:

1.) the pass was stolen (could not maintain possession)
2.) the pass was kicked out of bound
3.) the pass was kicked to the opposite team

Makes you wonder what is your coach teaching.  I know pressuring the ball, plays a big factor, but being able to maintain possession to get the pass off is crucial in soccer. Overall, I did a lot of head shaking..

This is not downing any kids.  Just wondering what is being taught..
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 870
Points : 4114
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by watzgerald on 19/08/13, 02:59 pm

"Makes you wonder what is your coach teaching." I was grumbling on the sidelines about our team forgetting this or not doing that...then a smart Mom reminded me this weekend was the first time in a while all the girls got out there and played together 11 v 11. There is going to be some rust. I don't think this weekend had much to do with coaches, it was more about the girls getting to know each other again out on the field. I am sure the sloppiness will fix itself after a few weeks of getting back in the swing of things.
watzgerald
watzgerald
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 50
Points : 2907
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by jsullivan81 on 19/08/13, 03:02 pm

watzgerald wrote:"Makes you wonder what is your coach teaching." I was grumbling on the sidelines about our team forgetting this or not doing that...then a smart Mom reminded me this weekend was the first time in a while all the girls got out there and played together 11 v 11. There is going to be some rust. I don't think this weekend had much to do with coaches, it was more about the girls getting to know each other again out on the field. I am sure the sloppiness will fix itself after a few weeks of getting back in the swing of things.
Or, it might be the fact they are 9 and 10 years old. One of the two.



jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 3359
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by SD69 on 19/08/13, 03:04 pm

jsullivan81 wrote:
watzgerald wrote:"Makes you wonder what is your coach teaching." I was grumbling on the sidelines about our team forgetting this or not doing that...then a smart Mom reminded me this weekend was the first time in a while all the girls got out there and played together 11 v 11. There is going to be some rust. I don't think this weekend had much to do with coaches, it was more about the girls getting to know each other again out on the field. I am sure the sloppiness will fix itself after a few weeks of getting back in the swing of things.
Or, it might be the fact they are 9 and 10 years old. One of the two.


Exactly. It's still academy. A lot of these girls may still be new to competitive soccer. They all can't be compared to RASE. Give it a few and let them go through their growth spurts.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1365
Points : 4390
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by ballboy on 19/08/13, 03:11 pm

I think the RASE group needs to write a book entitled.........1001 Ways to Say, "I'm better than you" or "How to Make Every Conversation About Me"

ballboy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 140
Points : 2803
Join date : 2013-08-12

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 19/08/13, 03:14 pm

watzgerald wrote:"Makes you wonder what is your coach teaching." I was grumbling on the sidelines about our team forgetting this or not doing that...then a smart Mom reminded me this weekend was the first time in a while all the girls got out there and played together 11 v 11. There is going to be some rust. I don't think this weekend had much to do with coaches, it was more about the girls getting to know each other again out on the field. I am sure the sloppiness will fix itself after a few weeks of getting back in the swing of things.

Or, it might be the fact they are 9 and 10 years old. One of the two.
I'm sick of hearing this all the time..[/quote]
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 870
Points : 4114
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 19/08/13, 03:17 pm

Funny how RASE gets thrown into the pot.. Again nothing to do with RASE.  Im was just stating what I saw.  Mediocrity is what you expect, mediocrity is what you will receive ..
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 870
Points : 4114
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by ballboy on 19/08/13, 03:35 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
SoccaDad wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
SoccaDad wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
watzgerald wrote:"I'm curious about the LFS vs. DT Scott game.  Any commentary aside from the score?" I think both teams played "okay" although I don't think either brought their A game. We (LFS) worked hard on a possession focused game, but fell a bit short on generating any kind of consistent offensive attack. When you look at both of these teams and compare them against RASE, it is the explosiveness that we are both missing. With RASE, you know at any moment they are capable of ripping it into the back of the net.

LFS played a quality game, but we didn't create enough opportunities to ever make DT Scott worried that the game was going to slip away. I bet both sides left feeling like the next time the teams meet it will be a different game (with each thinking they will step it up and win). And I guess that is a good thing!

Unfortunately for others, the RASE team possess the ball way better than any other team in the age group. They also have the most skilled players and it'll be a real tough job for the other coaches to mould their teams to compete with them. At the moment, I'd say its impossible.
Nothing is impossible, improbable maybe but never impossible...  
Fair point - improbable would be more appropriate. I do wonder what the other coaches are doing to try and close the gap?
I would assume implement the best possible program they can for the players they have (for the day all the fun begins), while others are churning players through the turnstile to find the best possible available players on the market and yet others could care less about RASE and their successes or failures...  so I bet those coaches that are in contention for those ever beloved rankings are doing what they always do cause it's the program that they believe works for their players and the parents will continue to follow that coach and team because they've bought into that program...  My guess?  Most coaches, I do say most, not all, really aren't chasing RASE at all.  They're chasing wins and implementing the programs they believe in.  Does that sound like a fair assessment?
I would say its fair to a point.  Ask yourself the question; "How much more $$ are you will to throw out for mediocrity?"

ballboy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 140
Points : 2803
Join date : 2013-08-12

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 19/08/13, 03:36 pm

ballboy wrote:I think the RASE group needs to write a book entitled.........1001 Ways to Say, "I'm better than you" or "How to Make Every Conversation About Me"
What flavor Hate-a-RASE you drinking for this to be your third post?
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 870
Points : 4114
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by ballboy on 19/08/13, 03:37 pm

Looks like you threw RASE in the pot

ballboy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 140
Points : 2803
Join date : 2013-08-12

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by go99 on 19/08/13, 03:38 pm

I'm sure you keep track of all of the RASE stuff so maybe you could write if for us
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 6827
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by ballboy on 19/08/13, 03:40 pm

I don't hate RASE. I think they're an excellent team. Although, I don't need to hear it(or read it) on every thread. At this point, I think it's understood.

ballboy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 140
Points : 2803
Join date : 2013-08-12

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 19/08/13, 03:43 pm

ballboy wrote:I don't hate RASE.  I think they're an excellent team. Although, I don't need to hear it(or read it) on every thread.  At this point, I think it's understood.  
Who brought RASE up?
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 870
Points : 4114
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by go99 on 19/08/13, 03:43 pm

I don't think the coaches are trying to keep up (at least if they are any good) They are focused on doing whatever they think is their devlopment plan. Beside a coach will understand the limits of coaching. If a team puts out better players than me on the field they tend to win. As a Coach I can make the players I have into the best of their abilities. But a coach cannot turn you into the next Marta.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 6827
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by ballboy on 19/08/13, 03:44 pm

go99 wrote:I'm sure you keep track of all of the RASE stuff so maybe you could write if for us
I don't have that kind of time. After all, it is only my 3rd post.

ballboy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 140
Points : 2803
Join date : 2013-08-12

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by go99 on 19/08/13, 03:50 pm

I for one think it will be nice for RASE to disappear into the boys and take a few butt kickings. Hopefully the 04's will light up and see teams fight to rise to the top. Would love to see how the play at spirit is coming along. The ever elusive DTS could take down the big boys. My personally bias is pushing for Dalglish and my ever favorite DT Scott. I think the sting talent it too spaced out but a super sting could really make some noise. FCD??? Helloo??? is anybody there???? The Feet ers? I thought they had a team with Memba? maybe not but has to suck knowing you can't be in the ECNL with you own club lol. Oh and Barnes was knocking on the door this weekend? They make kick in the door of the big boy party and make some noise this season too
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 6827
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by Guest on 19/08/13, 03:53 pm

ballboy wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
SoccaDad wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
SoccaDad wrote:
Master Bates wrote:Unfortunately for others, the RASE team possess the ball way better than any other team in the age group. They also have the most skilled players and it'll be a real tough job for the other coaches to mould their teams to compete with them. At the moment, I'd say its impossible.
Nothing is impossible, improbable maybe but never impossible...  
Fair point - improbable would be more appropriate. I do wonder what the other coaches are doing to try and close the gap?
I would assume implement the best possible program they can for the players they have (for the day all the fun begins), while others are churning players through the turnstile to find the best possible available players on the market and yet others could care less about RASE and their successes or failures...  so I bet those coaches that are in contention for those ever beloved rankings are doing what they always do cause it's the program that they believe works for their players and the parents will continue to follow that coach and team because they've bought into that program...  My guess?  Most coaches, I do say most, not all, really aren't chasing RASE at all.  They're chasing wins and implementing the programs they believe in.  Does that sound like a fair assessment?
I would say its fair to a point.  Ask yourself the question; "How much more $$ are you will to throw out for mediocrity?"
So everyone but RASE is mediocre? Funny statement...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by Ted Lasso on 19/08/13, 03:56 pm

Ok, back to the original question, without mentioning XXXX. Top 5 anyone?

Ted Lasso
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Points : 2689
Join date : 2013-08-15

Back to top Go down

04 Labor Day Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Labor Day Tournament

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum