North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Solar West 2014G24/09/22, 05:14 pmtyhone
USMMA looking for interested Women24/09/22, 02:22 pmVJester
Renegades 14/15B Blanton 21/09/22, 01:19 pmtareyncarol
Renegades 2014G Blanton 21/09/22, 11:44 amtareyncarol
TOURNAMENT: VETERAN HEROES CUP - Nov 11-13, 202220/09/22, 10:18 amU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - Nov. 18-2020/09/22, 10:17 amU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - Dec. 2-420/09/22, 10:10 amU90C
Home School Soccer15/09/22, 11:19 amBlakers15
Cross City SC 2014 (Allen, TX)07/09/22, 04:34 pmSkyblueMachine
BALL KIDS NEEDED FOR UNT SOCCER! 07/09/22, 09:28 ammeangreen17
Plano Labor Day Tournament thoughts06/09/22, 10:22 pmAnonymousCoward
BVB 06G Premier (F:LFC Raisbeck) LH D1 and NPL03/09/22, 06:32 pmNorthtexas soccer
2014-2017 Boys welcome * Dallas Texans01/09/22, 11:02 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Academy 2016G01/09/22, 10:53 amDallas Texans East
Guest players needed 29/08/22, 11:30 pmChinu1008
Olympians 14B - Open Practices (North FTW-Keller area) 26/08/22, 09:29 amOlympians SC
Dallas Texans Arechiga24/08/22, 07:44 pmDallas Texans East
FCP Dynamos – 2010 Boys (Prosper) - Need 1 Player23/08/22, 05:07 pmfcpcoach
Legacy United 09G21/08/22, 09:26 pmDashersFC09
Soccer team18/08/22, 01:13 pmdragonstryker
BVB 2015/2016/2017 BOYS18/08/22, 10:24 amSPFCSoberano
BVB 2015 / 2016 / 2017 G SEDEH18/08/22, 10:07 amSPFCSoberano
2015/2016 boys looking for practice scrimmage 13/08/22, 04:56 pmdavid75224
Saints 07B is still looking for 2-3 more players 12/08/22, 08:24 pmdvdfdx1
Searching for a team12/08/22, 12:08 pmLuis
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ecnl contract Pixel
Statistics
We have 15341 registered users
The newest registered user is Soccergirl12

Our users have posted a total of 204627 messages in 31530 subjects

ecnl contract

Go down

ecnl contract Empty ecnl contract

Post by Guest 29/09/13, 10:20 am

If your DD is on an ECNL team, gets no playing time, is it possible to get a release from ECNL and find another team, Lake Highlands?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ecnl contract Empty Re: ecnl contract

Post by Itsme 29/09/13, 10:41 am

Silva wrote:If your DD is on an ECNL team, gets no playing time, is it possible to get a release from ECNL and find another team, Lake Highlands?  
You do not need an ECNL release to sign for a LHGCL team. ECNL is US Club and LHGCL is US Youth.

Itsme
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1256
Points : 6187
Join date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

ecnl contract Empty Re: ecnl contract

Post by Guest 29/09/13, 10:56 am

so she can get onto any Lake highlands team as long as they have room?

It is evident, as was mentioned so many times on this forum, that ECNL only benefits 11-14 girls. We knew this going into it but our DD wanted to do this. If you are not on the top 11-14 you end up just footing the bill and sit on the bench. Rather see our DD play than ride the bench. Even when some starters aren't performing, they don't get pulled off.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ecnl contract Empty Re: ecnl contract

Post by Itsme 29/09/13, 10:57 am

Silva wrote:so she can get onto any Lake highlands team as long as they have room?

It is evident, as was mentioned so many times on this forum, that ECNL only benefits 11-14 girls.  We knew this going into it but our DD wanted to do this.  If you are not on the top 11-14 you end up just footing the bill and sit on the bench.  Rather see our DD play than ride the bench.  Even when some starters aren't performing, they don't get pulled off.  
Correct. For all intents and purposes, your DD is a free agent and can sign with any USYS (i.e. LHGCL, PPL, APL, etc.) team with a roster spot available.


Itsme
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1256
Points : 6187
Join date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

ecnl contract Empty Re: ecnl contract

Post by clueless 29/09/13, 05:24 pm

Where were you at the beginning of the season? Sad 
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 724
Points : 5636
Join date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

ecnl contract Empty Re: ecnl contract

Post by keep22 29/09/13, 05:41 pm

you sure about free agent with any team? unless you got a full release wouldn't you have to sign with a team within the same club as the ECNL club you are currently in? For example, you cannot play with Sting ECNL and then sign with Texans in any league...However, I think you can go with a non ECNL club and play any league but those players are rostered as discovery players when they signed. Not sure about the rules changing player roster classification.

Let us know...good luck!

keep22
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 140
Points : 3944
Join date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

ecnl contract Empty Re: ecnl contract

Post by Itsme 29/09/13, 06:16 pm

keep22 wrote:you sure about free agent with any team?  unless you got a full release wouldn't you have to sign with a team within the same club as the ECNL club you are currently in?  For example, you cannot play with Sting ECNL and then sign with Texans in any league...However, I think you can go with a non ECNL club and play any league but those players are rostered as discovery players when they signed.  Not sure about the rules changing player roster classification.

Let us know...good luck!
You are incorrect.  I speak from experience.  :-) Unless the rules have changed in the last two years....

Itsme
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1256
Points : 6187
Join date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

ecnl contract Empty Re: ecnl contract

Post by ballhead 29/09/13, 06:24 pm

Itsme wrote:
keep22 wrote:you sure about free agent with any team?  unless you got a full release wouldn't you have to sign with a team within the same club as the ECNL club you are currently in?  For example, you cannot play with Sting ECNL and then sign with Texans in any league...However, I think you can go with a non ECNL club and play any league but those players are rostered as discovery players when they signed.  Not sure about the rules changing player roster classification.

Let us know...good luck!
You are incorrect.  I speak from experience.  :-)  Unless the rules have changed in the last two years....
That used to be the rule, but its been somewhat relaxed/ignored the last year or two.  I never thought the rule made much sense.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 440
Points : 4556
Join date : 2011-06-29
Location : North Texas

Back to top Go down

ecnl contract Empty Re: ecnl contract

Post by Noob 29/09/13, 08:35 pm

clueless wrote:Where were you at the beginning of the season? Sad 
1 of 26 Girls on the roster for FC Dallas 00. I have a feeling that #15 through #26 on the depth chart are not happy with the playing time at all. That is 11 girls that could have had a great season in LHGCL. I sure hope they are dual rostered with FC Blue.

Noob
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 145
Points : 4315
Join date : 2011-06-16

Back to top Go down

ecnl contract Empty Re: ecnl contract

Post by Packrabbit 29/09/13, 10:01 pm

ballhead wrote:
Itsme wrote:
keep22 wrote:you sure about free agent with any team?  unless you got a full release wouldn't you have to sign with a team within the same club as the ECNL club you are currently in?  For example, you cannot play with Sting ECNL and then sign with Texans in any league...However, I think you can go with a non ECNL club and play any league but those players are rostered as discovery players when they signed.  Not sure about the rules changing player roster classification.

Let us know...good luck!
You are incorrect.  I speak from experience.  :-)  Unless the rules have changed in the last two years....
That used to be the rule, but its been somewhat relaxed/ignored the last year or two.  I never thought the rule made much sense.
I know the ecnl team doesn't get the spot back... and a player can't get go to another ecnl team, but can an ecnl-rostered player move to a LH team regardless of club's ecnl status?

__________________________________________________
Forum Politeness Disclaimer 2.0:
Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
.
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 522
Points : 4387
Join date : 2012-12-12

Back to top Go down

ecnl contract Empty Re: ecnl contract

Post by ballhead 29/09/13, 10:36 pm

Packrabbit wrote:
ballhead wrote:
Itsme wrote:
keep22 wrote:you sure about free agent with any team?  unless you got a full release wouldn't you have to sign with a team within the same club as the ECNL club you are currently in?  For example, you cannot play with Sting ECNL and then sign with Texans in any league...However, I think you can go with a non ECNL club and play any league but those players are rostered as discovery players when they signed.  Not sure about the rules changing player roster classification.

Let us know...good luck!
You are incorrect.  I speak from experience.  :-)  Unless the rules have changed in the last two years....
That used to be the rule, but its been somewhat relaxed/ignored the last year or two.  I never thought the rule made much sense.
I know the ecnl team doesn't get the spot back... and a player can't get go to another ecnl team, but can an ecnl-rostered player move to a LH team regardless of club's ecnl status?
USYS has no relationship to ECNL (US Club Soccer).  If your dd is not rostered on a USYS team, then she's a free agent available to any LHGCL team.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 440
Points : 4556
Join date : 2011-06-29
Location : North Texas

Back to top Go down

ecnl contract Empty Re: ecnl contract

Post by LoveForSoccer 30/09/13, 11:26 am

I can tell you that there are 18 main players rostered on the FC Dallas 2000 team (from my understanding like other teams). The other 8 are dual rostered and on Lake Highland teams. They attend practice time to time to try and develop additional players for ECNL program.

LoveForSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 11
Points : 3463
Join date : 2013-05-08

Back to top Go down

ecnl contract Empty Re: ecnl contract

Post by DrSoccer 30/09/13, 04:20 pm

26? that's obscene, did you know it going in? If so why would you put dd in that situation? Does everyone pay? If they are dual rostered do they pay ecnl and/or LH? How do the other kids on the LH team feel when the ecnl players come to the team and put one of them on the bench? I think we should all invest in an ECNL team .... 26x3000=$78,000?
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 532
Points : 5456
Join date : 2009-05-26

Back to top Go down

ecnl contract Empty Re: ecnl contract

Post by Gunners 30/09/13, 04:59 pm

LoveForSoccer wrote:I can tell you that there are 18 main players rostered on the FC Dallas 2000 team (from my understanding like other teams).  The other 8 are dual rostered and on Lake Highland teams. They attend practice time to time to try and develop additional players for ECNL program.
Sting and Solar also have similar arrangements. *shrug*

__________________________________________________
I got 99 problems but the pitch ain't one
Gunners
Gunners
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1292
Points : 6232
Join date : 2009-05-04
Location : Looking for The Situation

Back to top Go down

ecnl contract Empty Re: ecnl contract

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum