North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Manchester SC- Looking for 1-2 girls Yesterday at 05:02 pmsoccer712
07 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:28 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:27 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:26 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:26 pmU90C
13 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:25 pmU90C
03 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:22 pmU90C
06 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:21 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:20 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:19 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:18 pmU90C
13 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:17 pmU90C
RPL - REGIONAL PREMIER LEAGUE - FALL 2021 REGISTRATION OPEN23/07/21, 04:56 pmU90C
LAST DAY OF EXTENDED REGISTRATION - TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC 23/07/21, 03:19 pmmusaisaya
TCSL FALL 2021 U6-U14 SAVE UP TO $7523/07/21, 11:18 amTXClubSoccer
BVB 10G Green - 1 spot available 23/07/21, 10:05 amAshlock09
FC Fast 2010 Boys (Powell) Looking for 1-2 more players!23/07/21, 08:47 amfcfast10
Texas ECNL Final Club Standings (2020-21)22/07/21, 05:02 pmHooper214
Texas Lonestars open spot. 22/07/21, 07:55 ambigred
NTX CELTIC 13B DUKE- FM,COPPELL,HV,CARROLLTON22/07/21, 05:47 amCelticSoccer
EXTENDED REGISTRATION - TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC21/07/21, 01:25 pmmusaisaya
Manchester SC 04B Albion Open Sessions20/07/21, 11:46 pmalbionunitedfc@gmail.com
College ID Camp for $60 Men July 21st and Women 22nd20/07/21, 12:12 pmJerlopez
Renegades 13B North - Blanton 19/07/21, 09:41 pmtareyncarol
Solar 07s19/07/21, 08:09 pmcenTex

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texans ENCL canceled games this weekend? Pixel
Statistics
We have 14998 registered users
The newest registered user is soccer712

Our users have posted a total of 203250 messages in 30753 subjects

Texans ENCL canceled games this weekend?

Go down

Texans ENCL canceled games this weekend? Empty Texans ENCL canceled games this weekend?

Post by Tiger 04/10/13, 04:27 pm

Does anyone know why the games are canceled?

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Texans ENCL canceled games this weekend? Empty Re: Texans ENCL canceled games this weekend?

Post by Guest 04/10/13, 04:37 pm

IDK...but it sucks!

Back to top Go down

Texans ENCL canceled games this weekend? Empty Re: Texans ENCL canceled games this weekend?

Post by outonthelimb 04/10/13, 06:01 pm

It was an honest mistake...honestly! Thursday evening while at practice I opened my Aquafina near the Northeast corner flag on field 1 at Ross Stewart and spilled less than a teaspoon just next to the flag. I received a phone call this morning alerting me that the violation had been caught on tape and the water was 1/2 teaspoon over the RS allowable limit. Thus all games are cancelled to allow proper drainage in that spot for 2 days. Unless someone spilled water or the kids sweated on the field on Friday then the fields should be playable Sunday.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 05/10/13, 12:09 am

Forecast calls for rain early this morning and strong north winds. So either:
1) preemptive move to protect the fields, or, my favorite,
2) strong winds kill the dump and chase game - ball either won't go or goes too far.

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 16/12/13, 11:24 pm

Any truth to the rumor the league is looking at Texans for canceling games month and half ago due to injuries instead of weather? The schedule does show that the other NTX teams were able to play on the weekends they decided to cancel?

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 17/12/13, 09:29 am

Packrabbit wrote:Any truth to the rumor the league is looking at Texans for canceling games month and half ago due to injuries instead of weather? The schedule does show that the other NTX teams were able to play on the weekends they decided to cancel?

Apparently whoever told you that does not have a slightest clue on how ECNL games get scheduled or cancelled.  No Club or Team can unilaterally schedule or cancel games.

And mind you, these games are scheduled for 5 age groups (U14 - U18) for each Club which makes it even iilogical to believe that ONLY Texans would have injuries affecting ALL age groups in just ONE weekend ...... scratch confused
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Questionforyou 17/12/13, 10:27 am

Packrabbit wrote:Any truth to the rumor the league is looking at Texans for canceling games month and half ago due to injuries instead of weather? The schedule does show that the other NTX teams were able to play on the weekends they decided to cancel?

Any truth to the rumor that Nick Saban will be the next coach at Texas?
Questionforyou
Questionforyou
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 17/12/13, 03:09 pm

Pele98 wrote:

Apparently whoever told you that does not have a slightest clue on how ECNL games get scheduled or cancelled.  No Club or Team can unilaterally schedule or cancel games.

And mind you, these games are scheduled for 5 age groups (U14 - U18) for each Club which makes it even iilogical to believe that ONLY Texans would have injuries affecting ALL age groups in just ONE weekend ...... scratch confused

And I'm not sure what weekend this is in reference to, but there were a whole set of games cancelled at Ross Stewart due to the threat of rain all weekend. The teams from Houston were coming up to play and didn't want to make the drive, pay for hotels and then not play. The decision came from the South to cancel the games (from what I was told). No big deal. All of these games will be played, and there will still be injured players on both sides.
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 17/12/13, 04:44 pm

MoveYourFeet wrote:
Pele98 wrote:

And I'm not sure what weekend this is in reference to, but there were a whole set of games cancelled at Ross Stewart due to the threat of rain all weekend. The teams from Houston were coming up to play and didn't want to make the drive, pay for hotels and then not play. The decision came from the South to cancel the games (from what I was told). No big deal. All of these games will be played, and there will still be injured players on both sides.

I agree with all of your points--don't shoot the messenger.  Ive been hugely hissed-off when we travelled out-of-town for a tournament to have it cancelled when we got there. BUT, my understanding is that matches were played on those fields by both local and out-of-town teams.

I assume the league has higher priorities on its queue than checking local weather patterns and pulses, and that teams were being safe instead of sorry. Not sure of the strategy of pushing matching to next spring, either. Sure, your team might be healthier, and wouldn't have the long periods off between matches like there has been this Fall, but it could also backfire in a big way.

I wasn't questioning the strategy, logistics or forthrightness, but whether the league was questioning the cancelations of some NTX matches? Obviously, I'm the only dope to hear the rumor and/or dumb enough to ask about it.

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 18/12/13, 09:10 am

Packrabbit wrote:
MoveYourFeet wrote:
Pele98 wrote:

I agree with all of your points--don't shoot the messenger.  Ive been hugely hissed-off when we travelled out-of-town for a tournament to have it cancelled when we got there. BUT, my understanding is that matches were played on those fields by both local and out-of-town teams.

I assume the league has higher priorities on its queue than checking local weather patterns and pulses, and that teams were being safe instead of sorry. Not sure of the strategy of pushing matching to next spring, either. Sure, your team might be healthier, and wouldn't have the long periods off between matches like there has been this Fall, but it could also backfire in a big way.

I wasn't questioning the strategy, logistics or forthrightness, but whether the league was questioning the cancelations of some NTX matches? Obviously, I'm the only dope to hear the rumor and/or dumb enough to ask about it.

Probably came from the same guy telling everyone that Saban to Texas was a done deal.
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum