North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

I know its a little early for this but I want to get a head start Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

I know its a little early for this but I want to get a head start

Go down

I know its a little early for this but I want to get a head start Empty I know its a little early for this but I want to get a head start

Post by AllPaoTeam 28/10/13, 02:10 pm

My 02 DD is looking to get into Select in the fall coming from a Rec team(shes been on team for about 2-3 years and has tons of friends on it so she didn't want to move to select yet).

Please dont take this the wrong way, but I want my DD to be challenged and grow and looking for a team that I honestly (without rose color glasses) think that she can play at and be a good contributor. I am in no way trying to put any DD from PPL D2/D3 down or saying my DD is all that.

My DD plays with an aggressive/physical, in your face, you are not going to get by me type of defense. I know it is only Rec that she dominates and Select will be a totally different animal but I want her to play against girls that are at or higher level than her so she can grow.

She constantly plays against her older brother who is a PPL Div 2 player and against british coaches/ other coaches who used to play semi-pro so shes already had plenty of exposure playing against bigger and much more skillful players.

Over the last couple of weeks, we have been watching alot of PPL Div 1, Div 2 and Div 3 games and I feel she would fit in with PPL Div 1 or maybe LHCL Div 3 (although I have not see any games from Lake Highland).

Could some of you shed some light on what teams from Lake Highland Div 2/Div 3 and PPL Div 1 plays/practices in the Frisco/Colony/Plano/McKinney/Allen area?

Thanks to everyone in advance....
AllPaoTeam
AllPaoTeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

I know its a little early for this but I want to get a head start Empty Re: I know its a little early for this but I want to get a head start

Post by AllPaoTeam 28/10/13, 02:25 pm

I probably shouldve put this in the looking threads sorry...
AllPaoTeam
AllPaoTeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

I know its a little early for this but I want to get a head start Empty Re: I know its a little early for this but I want to get a head start

Post by MoveYourFeet 28/10/13, 02:27 pm

I would suggest finding a game or two in LH Div 1, 2 and 3 and going out and watching them play. Sit there with your DD and honestly decide if that level would be a good one to start on. Once you think you find her competitive level (for arguments sake let's say LH D3), then find the D3 teams that are in your area. Call the coach and see if she can come out to some practices. There might be a roster spot open for her to join mid season.

LH girls schedule:
http://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?EventID=33370

Last edited by MoveYourFeet on 28/10/13, 02:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added site link)
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AllPaoTeam 28/10/13, 02:29 pm

MoveYourFeet wrote:I would suggest finding a game or two in LH Div 1, 2 and 3 and going out and watching them play. Sit there with your DD and honestly decide if that level would be a good one to start on. Once you think you find her competitive level (for arguments sake let's say LH D3), then find the D3 teams that are in your area. Call the coach and see if she can come out to some practices. There might be a roster spot open for her to join mid season.
Thanks, yea we are planning to do that.. hopefully during tourneys and for sure this coming spring if we cant get any games before the fall season raps up.. She wants to play the rest of the 2013 season(s) with her currently Rec team.
AllPaoTeam
AllPaoTeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 28/10/13, 02:33 pm

I would look into finding a coach that might allow her to start practicing with a team in the spring. This is would get her feet wet and allow her to have an idea of what is going on before the spring ends and players start moving all over the place. Plus it gives you time to see if a coach meshes will with your DD and you. IF not, you still have time to look.

I'm sure most coaches may be against this though, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AllPaoTeam 28/10/13, 02:35 pm

MoveYourFeet wrote:I would look into finding a coach that might allow her to start practicing with a team in the spring. This is would get her feet wet and allow her to have an idea of what is going on before the spring ends and players start moving all over the place. Plus it gives you time to see if a coach meshes will with your DD and you. IF not, you still have time to look.

I'm sure most coaches may be against this though, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Thanks for the great advice, I didnt think about that... This is our 1st season with select (with our BB) so Select is still fairly new to us....
AllPaoTeam
AllPaoTeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 28/10/13, 07:52 pm

start as soon as you can with getting her out to some practices. Don't look at it as a tryout for her but more of a chance to see how the team, coach and practices are. Start high (D1) and work your way down until you find a team that works for her. I have seen a boys that came from rec to D1. 2 seasons later one had been selected to the national team and another is a top player in the Development academy (boys ECNL). Many will try and suggest that you need to be there for years but it's not the case. If she is athletic, has good skill, driven and has a strong work ethic she will improve quickly in a more competitive enviornment. Just make sure it's what she wants because it will not be the laughs and giggles of rec
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by copa44 28/10/13, 09:20 pm

My son's team (u12) had several rec players who practiced with us weekly and played tournaments with us the entire spring season. It was win-win; coach had a long time to evaluate them and the parents knew full well what the team was like prior to signing.

copa44
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AllPaoTeam 29/10/13, 08:58 am

Copa, that would be great if we were able to get into a situation like that...

G099 some good advice, there.. I dont see why we should wait until next year.

Thanks everyone for all the great info and advices!!!
AllPaoTeam
AllPaoTeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilik2wach 29/10/13, 12:04 pm

In addition to going to some matches and seeing the style and level of play, I would recommend finding out locations where some teams you might have an interest in practice, and if you are able, go and watch some practices BEFORE you contact the coach or manager. This provides an opportunity to observe the coach and player interactions without anyone doing anything differently for the "new" player. Try several options and make a decision on the best fit for your child and family situations.

Try to remember it's a marathon and it doesn't matter where they begin, but where they finish. At these younger ages, the child that's considered to be one of the lower level players one year can be considered to be one of the better players the following year (with the right environment, work effort, desire etc.).

In my experience, by about U15, definitely U16, the player should really make every attempt to be at the highest level they can be at if their goal is to continue playing (in college) as the level of competition and exposure becomes more and more important. This is not to say that players can't receive exposure and be found/discovered at different levels, there's just more exposure at the higher levels and can potentially lead to more options.

Good luck...hopefully you find a good fit for your DD.
Ilik2wach
Ilik2wach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SteamingBean 29/10/13, 02:12 pm

Hi AllPaoTeam, I just messaged you with some info you might find helpful for your dd. I also wish you well in your search, and keep it fun!
SteamingBean
SteamingBean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AllPaoTeam 29/10/13, 02:44 pm

Ilik2wach wrote:In addition to going to some matches and seeing the style and level of play, I would recommend finding out locations where some teams you might have an interest in practice, and if you are able, go and watch some practices BEFORE you contact the coach or manager. This provides an opportunity to observe the coach and player interactions without anyone doing anything differently for the "new" player. Try several options and make a decision on the best fit for your child and family situations.

Try to remember it's a marathon and it doesn't matter where they begin, but where they finish. At these younger ages, the child that's considered to be one of the lower level players one year can be considered to be one of the better players the following year (with the right environment, work effort, desire etc.).

In my experience, by about U15, definitely U16, the player should really make every attempt to be at the highest level they can be at if their goal is to continue playing (in college) as the level of competition and exposure becomes more and more important. This is not to say that players can't receive exposure and be found/discovered at different levels, there's just more exposure at the higher levels and can potentially lead to more options.

Good luck...hopefully you find a good fit for your DD.
Another great idea, Thanks!

The hard part for me is trying to find out where all these team practice. So far the only Club I can actually find out where they practice is FC Dallas through their website.
AllPaoTeam
AllPaoTeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 29/10/13, 03:10 pm

Many clubs have websites listing the teams as well as the coach's and manager's contact information. The specific location may not be listed, but obviously if you're wanting the Frisco area, you can look in the North divisions for Texans, Sting, etc. Either way, you'll want to email them ahead of time and not just show up to a practice.

Also, you might try posting in the 02 Players looking thread.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AllPaoTeam 29/10/13, 03:17 pm

txtransplant wrote:Many clubs have websites listing the teams as well as the coach's and manager's contact information. The specific location may not be listed, but obviously if you're wanting the Frisco area, you can look in the North divisions for Texans, Sting, etc. Either way, you'll want to email them ahead of time and not just show up to a practice.

Also, you might try posting in the 02 Players looking thread.
I understand that teams probably dont want to post the exact location of where they actually practice due to security issues. It would still be nice if they just post which city they are a part of on the club site that way its easier for select soccer newbies like me to figure out which teams I want to contact Smile
AllPaoTeam
AllPaoTeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 29/10/13, 10:47 pm

don't forget that your DD needs written permission from her coach to practice with teams other than her rec team. unnecessary if she is formally released from the rec team's roster.

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down