North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL tryouts and Team Release question  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

ECNL tryouts and Team Release question

Go down

ECNL tryouts and Team Release question  Empty ECNL tryouts and Team Release question

Post by DDPlays4Snacks 18/12/13, 11:08 am

DD has said she intends to tryout for ECNL team(s), But doesn't want to leave her current team, if she does not get selected to an ECNL team. Should I be approaching her current coach for a release now so she can visit the other clubs' ECNL coaches for practices and get a feel for those coaches and teams? I don't think my daughter wants a release from the team, just permission to practice with other teams that are the "intended" ECNL teams/coaches for next year. What to do?
DDPlays4Snacks
DDPlays4Snacks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

ECNL tryouts and Team Release question  Empty Re: ECNL tryouts and Team Release question

Post by Gunners 18/12/13, 11:27 am

If she's not currently on an ECNL roster/team she does not need a release.  For that matter she doesn't need anything from her current team to attend an ECNL tryout, not even the coaches permission.

Having said that, if she wants to keep the option of staying on her current team open, then it's probably a good idea to advise the coach of her trying out.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

ECNL tryouts and Team Release question  Empty Re: ECNL tryouts and Team Release question

Post by Pele98 18/12/13, 12:30 pm

Gunners wrote:If she's not currently on an ECNL roster/team she does not need a release.  For that matter she doesn't need anything from her current team to attend an ECNL tryout, not even the coaches permission.

Having said that, if she wants to keep the option of staying on her current team open, then it's probably a good idea to advise the coach of her trying out.

Gunners, but I think it also depends on age group.

If the dd is U14 and older (00s - 96s), yes your statement above applies.

If dd is U13 and younger, then they should be aware that no ECNL teams exist for those age groups despite the general perception out there.  Tryouts for those teams, depending on age, is still some months if not years away which might make her case to tryout a little bit complicated.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 18/12/13, 01:54 pm

DDPlays4Snacks wrote:DD has said she intends to tryout for ECNL team(s),  But doesn't want to leave her current team, if she does not get selected to an ECNL team.    Should I be approaching her current coach for a release now so she can visit the other clubs' ECNL coaches for practices and get a feel for those coaches and teams?   I don't think my daughter wants a release from the team, just permission to practice with other teams that are the "intended" ECNL teams/coaches for next year.   What to do?

When the time comes another challenge to navigate is that the LHGCL signing date is BEFORE the ECNL date.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

ECNL tryouts and Team Release question  Empty ECNL age and tryout.

Post by JH01 18/12/13, 02:16 pm

I am not 100% positive on this but more like 95% sure that any age can tryout for ECNL. SO if I am a huge 5'7 U10 or U11 and I tried out for U14 ECNL team and I am good enough etc I can make the team and play for that team. ECNL has no rules for age.....you can always play up. Mia Hamm U15/U16 played up on a U20 team...... Think about it???

NTSSA and USYSA are the ones with the rules that limit at the U10 age group to play up to U11- and up. The US Club Organization lends itself to the professional coaches to make that decision to train and play with the proper group team that will benefit each individual player.

Playing up is not for the Majority, but the prodigy. It is for the player who can handle all the technical, tactical, psycholgical, and physical parts to that age group and will learn and thrive...it takes a special type of player and a special or very intune coach to make sure that player is handling everything well in that atmosphere.

So get to know the ECNL Coaches for that age group and tryout. Go watch some of their games. and then go talk to that coach after his/her game and express your interest. Get to learn their philosophy and also what the club tends to make important and how they run their program.

JH01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 18/12/13, 07:42 pm

Theoretically an '01 could get a jump on the rest of the '01 ECNL crowd at clubs where the ECNL coach is already known and coaching an ECNL team.

For example: The u14 ECNL coach at Texans is most likely to be Sean Bubb since he coaches every ECNL team at Texans. Therefore an '01 from outside the club could attend an '00 ECNL practice now without the need for a release or notification to her current team and essentially tryout for the ECNL coach. It is a high risk / moderate reward scenario. If you can hang in there with the older ECNL girls then there's no doubt you can play. However, things get very physical and the speed of play combined with skill of play takes a minute to adjust to.

I also know of a situation where a parent just went straight to their coach and said...."Look it's going to take you a while to make up your mind on the ECNL roster. That's understandable. I'm not asking if my daughter is guaranteed a spot but if you want to tell me that now then I'm all ears. However in the interest of being sure my DD gets the most looks possible from the ECNL coaches then she is going to attend every ECNL tryout that we deem necessary in the immediate future. We would like to be on your ECNL team but I understand you aren't making commitments yet and to be fair we need to keep all of her options open until you are ready to make a definitive decision"

outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 19/12/13, 08:21 am

outonthelimb wrote:
I also know of a situation where a parent just went straight to their coach and said...."Look it's going to take you a while to make up your mind on the ECNL roster.  That's understandable.  I'm not asking if my daughter is guaranteed a spot but if you want to tell me that now then I'm all ears.  However in the interest of being sure my DD gets the most looks possible from the ECNL coaches then she is going to attend every ECNL tryout that we deem necessary in the immediate future.  We would like to be on your ECNL team but I understand you aren't making commitments yet and to be fair we need to keep all of her options open until you are ready to make a definitive decision"

A reasonable approach for sure.

If the player is a valued commodity then the coach will almost certainly commit to them when presented with this approach. If they are not something he values then he will "allow" their shopping around. It should, at least, give the parent an idea where they stand.

Although, he could commit to the player and then go back on it at any time, but we all know that never happens.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down