North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
ECNL 04 Girls Week 3Yesterday at 11:01 pmSoccerates01
Dallas Roma FC 2012. Coached by Patrick Shamu Yesterday at 06:09 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 2011 Coached by Patrick Shamu Yesterday at 06:01 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 10s Classic lge Needing a Goalkeeper. Yesterday at 05:49 pmDRFC Academy
FC Dallas 11G Copa, JGAL, 2 open spots Yesterday at 04:00 pmCoachEddieMarin
Still looking for a team? RISE8 FC 07G LHGC League & FutsalYesterday at 03:44 pmCccrushers
Dual roster Yesterday at 03:22 pmLilsmooth76
07 ECNLYesterday at 02:17 pmcenTex
Goalkeeper WantedYesterday at 01:55 pmcoachsansom
Sting 12 boys MOLE (Frisco)Yesterday at 01:11 pmCoachGM
Top ‘07 NTX Boys TeamsYesterday at 12:53 pmdreadpirateroberts
ECNL-08Yesterday at 12:22 pmcenTex
Thiago has the most passes in English Premier LeagueYesterday at 03:36 amALEXXXXXXX
RISE8 FC 08G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTER21/09/20, 03:10 pmCccrushers
Renegades 2012G Central • Mendoza21/09/20, 11:48 amRenegades Soccer Club
RISE8 FC 07G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTER21/09/20, 10:57 amCccrushers
Renegades Soccer Club 2014/15G • Central Division21/09/20, 08:53 amRenegades Soccer Club
Renegades Soccer Club 2013G’s Opportunity’s 21/09/20, 08:42 amRenegades Soccer Club
FC Premier now forming Boys & Girls Juniors teams 2013-201520/09/20, 07:58 pmMuc03b
FC Premier now forming Boys & Girls Juniors teams 2013-201520/09/20, 07:41 pmMuc03b
FC Premier now forming Boys & Girls Juniors teams 2013-201520/09/20, 07:35 pmMuc03b
05 TX Conference- Cabin Fever Edition20/09/20, 07:06 pmCheckpoint Charlie
Adding players if interested 19/09/20, 10:08 pmbigred
08G FDL Schedule18/09/20, 10:09 pm08GSoccerPRA
'11 B Looking for team - Richardson, Plano, Farmers Branch17/09/20, 02:28 pmCameronbrown15

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

u14 ECNL Spring '14 Predictions Pixel
Statistics
We have 14515 registered users
The newest registered user is ALEXXXXXXX

Our users have posted a total of 200196 messages in 29422 subjects

u14 ECNL Spring '14 Predictions

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

u14 ECNL Spring '14 Predictions Empty u14 ECNL Spring '14 Predictions

Post by outonthelimb on 03/02/14, 05:24 pm

Per request, I moved this response to a separate thread within the ECNL section.

u14 ECNL Spring '14 Predictions Screen41
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

u14 ECNL Spring '14 Predictions Empty Re: u14 ECNL Spring '14 Predictions

Post by Tiger on 04/02/14, 11:23 am

Limb,

You have a very strong bias towards the Texans in your scenario which makes it obvious who you root for. I'm going to try and stay neutral and say Lonestar finishes first with Solar or D'feeters second or these two teams could come first with Lonestar second. I'll have to stay with Lonestar since they won their last game 4-1 against Albion this past weekend.

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit on 04/02/14, 09:59 pm

You pasted a table? Really?!

Club-------Fall------Spring-----W L T---PPG
Lonestar....8--0--4...4--1--1.......12-1-5...2.28
Feet..........8--2--1...5--1--1.......13-3-2...2.28
Texan........7--2--1...5--2--1.......12-4-2...2.11
Solar.........4--1--3...5--2--3.........9-3-6...1.83
FCD..........5--5--2...3--0--3.........8-5-5....1.61
Sting........2--6--3...2--2--3.........4-2-6....1.50
Albion.......3--5--4...2--2--2.........5-7-2....1.21
Rush.........3--5--2...2--4--2.........5-9-4....1.06
TSC..........1--9--2...0--6--0.........1-15-2...0.28
Challenge..1--8--0...0--8--1.........1-16-1...0.22

Team: Remaining Schedule
Texans: Solar, Lonestar, AHFC, Rush, Challenge, Feet, Solar, TSC
I would not be surprised to see DTX go 6-1-1, but looking at the schedule-- Solar twice, Dfeeters and Lonestar, it hard for me to see how they don't have an off-match or two. Of the teams that could run the table, this one has a good chance to do it, but that's a lot of matches to stay perfect.

Solar: DTX, Lonestar, FCD, Challenge, Sting, Feet, DTX, FCD, AHFC, Rush
Its hard to assume a 4-1-3 team that hasn't played for 3 months is going to be consistent enough to win 8 or 9 matches of its last 10, especially with its remaining schedule.  In their last 5 matches (Sept. 22 - Nov.3), they went 1-1-3, 3GF (vs TSC); They beat the dfeeters 4-1, but they also tied TSC, AHFC, Sting. I'm not sure if 3 months off "manages" the gelling process, but most teams tend to be rusty after long layoffs, not more consistent.

Lonestar: AHFC, DTX, Solar, Rush, Challenge, Feet
They just whipped AHFC 4-1. People don't believe it, but this team is solid. They don't  give up points, they beat the teams they should, they hang tight and win or tie competitive games. We now get to see how they travel.  They will beat their 2 Houston step sisters and will play for, at least one tie, and sneak another win against a NTX team.

Feet: DTX, Solar, FCD, TSC, Rush, Challenge, Lonestar
This team is overlooked as well. Sure, I see where Solar almost beat them to death in their 1st match of season, and they got run over by AHFC in their 3rd match.  But I can't help to notice their other 9 matches. No one knows how they did it, but they went 8-0-1, with 21 GF, 6PA. Schedulers didn't do the feet any favors: 1st two Spring games are against DTX and Solar.

Sting: Solar, AHFC, FCD, TSC, Challenge, Rush, TSC
Last 5 matches were very close and competitive, but their lack of scoring will cause some more ties.

FCD: Challenge, Feet, Sting, Solar, TSC, Solar
This team has improved; Ben Waldrum posted it here on this forum and I believe him (and the record of their last 5 games).  Although not brave enough to pick it, I think they may steal a match from the feet or solar.  I'm not saying they're ready for primetime, but they will finish 5th and hurt someone chasing the top 3 spots.

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 04/02/14, 11:03 pm

Tiger wrote:Limb,

You have a very strong bias towards the Texans in your scenario which makes it obvious who you root for. I'm going to try and stay neutral and say Lonestar finishes first with Solar or D'feeters second or these two teams could come first with Lonestar second. I'll have to stay with Lonestar since they won their last game 4-1 against Albion this past weekend.

Yes, I have a very strong bias towards Texans u14 ECNL. I make no secrets of who I am nor who my kids play for and thus who I root for. My other kid plays Sting '03 in case you hadn't noticed so I'm not much for "club" loyalty. But my analysis are based simply on how I see things shaping up based on the talent levels that I've seen on the teams and how the games were played that I saw. I went through the entire schedule and put down an outcome that I thought would happen without manipulating the games to get Texans on top. My basic thought process for picking games is this...

1. The team with the better talent more often than not wins the game.
2. In the event that the more talented team losses in the first match then that team is still considered my favorite and is good for a 2 pt swing in the rematch....worst case a 1pt swing depending on the relative talent level of the team they lost to previously.

Using #1 and #2 as my rationale and my own assessment of talent level, I arrived at Scenario 1 and Scenario 2 that I posted.

Talent wise here is how I rated the teams entering the season based on their off season additions and there is nothing that has changed my mind as to the talents of the individual players on the teams thus far and my talent rankings went unchanged.

1. Solar
2. Texans

3. Lonestars / Defeeters

5. Sting
6. FCD
7. Rush

8. Albion
9. Challenge
10. TSC
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners on 05/02/14, 07:52 am

Coming into the season I too felt like Solar and Texans had the most talented teams. It would seem, though, the perceived talent gap isn't being realized or possibly is not being utilized properly by those in charge.

I think there's very strong argument to be made for certain coaches getting appreciably more from the talent they have (and apparently vice versa).

At some point, as Bill Parcells once said, "You are what your record says you are."

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 on 05/02/14, 09:00 am

Gunners wrote:Coming into the season I too felt like Solar and Texans had the most talented teams. It would seem, though, the perceived talent gap isn't being realized or possibly is not being utilized properly by those in charge.

I think there's very strong argument to be made for certain coaches getting appreciably more from the talent they have (and apparently vice versa).At some point, as Bill Parcells once said, "You are what your record says you are."

........ or you might also say, Hard Work Beats Talent especially if Talent Doesn't Work Hard.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 05/02/14, 09:23 am

Gunners wrote:Coming into the season I too felt like Solar and Texans had the most talented teams. It would seem, though, the perceived talent gap isn't being realized or possibly is not being utilized properly by those in charge.

I think there's very strong argument to be made for certain coaches getting appreciably more from the talent they have (and apparently vice versa).

At some point, as Bill Parcells once said, "You are what your record says you are."
Well said....

Talent attracts coaches....Team attract trophies. The ECNL table is about team success. Interestingly the team that has been together the longest (Lonestar) and the team that does the most as a group (Feet) sit atop the table.

With that said, it takes longer to acquire/build the talent than it does to gel as a team. Thus I think Solar will fix it's team woes in the 2nd half and Texans will get in good with the soccer gods.

With the ECNL substitution rules being what they are, would you rather have 11 clear starters, 2 high caliber reserves and 6 role players with playing time well understood or 16 potential starters and 2 role players with a high level of accountability, short leashes and playing time earned minute by minute? The dad/coach in me says give me 16 starters and the most talent, every body has to earn everything and I'll work it out. The player in me says give me the 13 because sometimes I may just need a little time on the field to work out of my funk and knowing that you trust me to come out of the funk quickly gives me confidence. The games are intense enough, I could do without more pressure from behind.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit on 05/02/14, 12:19 pm

"Objectivity without loyalty is not a prerequisite to insightful commentary"!
-NTX Forum Handbook, page 1
What fun is it, if you can't be a homer for your dd's team? At least, Limb pulled himself away from an ECNL cocktail party to partake in the debate!

Limb's pride in his DD's team happens to coincide with it being a successful team. Player by player, they are probably the most talented team in the conference, that also play well together. In fact, I think most of DTX's young ladies drive themselves to the game now.

I really can't disagree with any of the above observations or criteria, but there is a reason the score is kept on the matches. As Bill Parcells often said, "You are what you are. You are what your record says you are".  At least 3 problems with talent and potential:

#1- it is hard to eat on them alone; they don't account for determination, intelligence and sometimes, coaching.
#2- those labels often go to known quantities from a known group and don't account for the unknown players from outside that group. I read here or somewhere that there are players that were playing D3 and PPL soccer last year. Obviously, Solar and DTX don't have the talented player market cornered.
#3- team dynamics... Not a big deal in bowling and tennis, but especially in girls soccer, the good teams play hard for their teammates. The Seattle Seahawks were a bunch of 3rd, 4th round draft picks and free agents the other teams passed on, but they looked pretty talented on Sunday.

It'll be interesting what the Spring scores says about these teams.  With 13 & 14 year olds, you never know what you're going to get... I've seen teams play lights out in the fall, can't find the field in the spring and vice versa. It amazing (or frustrating) how much team play can change after a a few months off. Realistically, only the top four have a chance to go to nationals, but they may not be the best team in the spring.

May all those DD's be healthy!

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 on 05/02/14, 01:49 pm

Packrabbit wrote:......................
May all those DD's be healthy!.........

Amen to that ...... cheers cheers
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit on 05/02/14, 02:56 pm

... Another observation may be that there wasn't a talent gap at the beginning of the season.   Shocked

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger on 05/02/14, 04:31 pm

Packrabbit wrote:

... Another observation may be that there wasn't a talent gap at the beginning of the season.   Shocked

According to outonthelimb, the Texans have all the talent...all the hog mogs, all the greens, all the chitlin's...I want some hog mogs. I want some greens. - John Witherspoon aka Willie Jones in Friday Razz Just joking with you OoTL.

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lostntexas on 05/02/14, 05:16 pm

You forgot PIG FEET
lostntexas
lostntexas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 05/02/14, 06:53 pm

Tiger wrote:
Packrabbit wrote:

According to outonthelimb, the Texans have all the talent...all the hog mogs, all the greens, all the chitlin's...I want some hog mogs. I want some greens. - John Witherspoon aka Willie Jones in Friday Razz Just joking with you OoTL.
I don't eat pork but if you are able to find a single, solitary instance where I said or even implied that Texans have all the talent then I just might try bacon tonight.....

I love a good debate but one thing that chaps my hide is "mis quotes" and "lack of reading comprehension". Let's keep it to opinions (which are always respected) and facts (which tend to get in the way). Please don't try to put words in my mouth or attribute comments to me that you wish I would have said. I'm fairly capable of sticking my foot in my own mouth...I don't need your help.  Surprised 
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 05/02/14, 07:19 pm

Packrabbit wrote:You pasted a table? Really?!

I'm feeling a little pissy now so I will address this. I started to let it go but Tiger ....

Pack to your sarcasm of me posting a table... yes I did. Judging by your PM to me requesting instructions, you would have pasted a table too if you knew how. My first instinct was to screen shot your PM and post it but since your commentary is really good and this conversation is actually fun I decided to use my better judgement. Plus the ECNL world is too small for that. Eventually we all know each other all the way over to the parents who willingly left D1 for D3 for a few years and is now back running with the big dogs.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit on 05/02/14, 10:52 pm

outonthelimb wrote:
Packrabbit wrote:You pasted a table? Really?!

I'm feeling a little pissy now so I will address this.  I started to let it go but Tiger ....

Pack to your sarcasm of me posting a table... yes I did.  Judging by your PM to me requesting instructions,  you would have pasted a table too if you knew how.  My first instinct was to screen shot your PM and post it but since your commentary is really good and this conversation is actually fun I decided to use my better judgement.  Plus the ECNL world is too small for that.  Eventually we all know each other all the way over to the parents who willingly left D1 for D3 for a few years and is now back running with the big dogs.

Limb- this is just good natured fun for me. My comment about posting the table was NOT sarcasm, it was JEALOUSY. Despite your very good instructions, and even getting my office's new college grad, I couldn't get a screen shot with my PC  (instead of a Mac), and paste a table to the forum to save my life. Screen shooting and posting my pm would just add to my shame of being an old fart! Seriously, before you read anymore of my comments, you are required to read and acknowledge the below forum disclaimer (2.0).

Eventually we all know each other all the way over to the parents who willingly left D1 for D3 for a few years and is now back running with the big dogs.
It's my understanding, the kids I was referring too never played in D1.

Lastly, for the record, any and all grammatical and/or spelling errors in my posts are the result of typos or computer error...

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 06/02/14, 12:43 pm

Pack, it's all good. Now back to the commentary....
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger on 06/02/14, 01:37 pm

Dang Limb, why so hostile. You gettin' all swollen up in the chest. Please except my apologies. I didn't mean to take it down the path to cause insult. So my apologies. By the way, I love bacon.  Very Happy

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit on 06/02/14, 08:18 pm

outonthelimb wrote:Pack, it's all good.  Now back to the commentary....
I commented last, it's someone's else's turn. I think we were talking about the Texans having all the talent and discriminating against bacon.

I can understand having a pissy moment, but going after bacon is simply wrong and uncalled for.

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 11/02/14, 03:38 pm

Tiger wrote:
Packrabbit wrote:The question still is, who finishes #1, #2 & #3 (if wildcard) and who stays home?

Packrabbit,

In my limited ability, I'll try to keep the party going. Razz 

I took time out to look at results from the fall and the sketchy schedule going forward. (I'm not sure why the Texans are waiting for so long to get their rescheduled games posted.) Solar can not have a mishap at all. Even a tie or two will put them in 4th. Even with this team gelling together and being the force they are, I think they tie Texans and a lose to Lonestar. It breaks my heart, but Solar ends with 34 total points and 1.88 PPG.

Texans end up in the #3 spot. They get off to a bad start and lose to D'feeters and tie Solar. They also tie Lonestar. Texans end up with 36 total point and 2.00 PPG.

D'feeters end up at the #2 spot. They lose to Solar and Lonestar's stingy defense. They travel to Houston and tie Rush. D'feeters end up with 38 total points and 2.11 PPG.

Lonestar will keep their #1 spot. Why? Defense wins championships. In this case the Texas Conference. They've allowed only 4 GAs through 13 games. With one goal coming in a 4-1 win. I would guess that goal was a garbage time goal.

So for me, I'm hoping that Texans 2.00 PPG is good enough to get them into the playoffs. Can't wait for March Madness - soccer wise that is.
 Tiger,  for the point of clarity in your post above Texans/Solar play each other twice.  Do you project both games as a tie or is there a winner in the second game (which has not been re-scheduled as yet)?

Last edited by outonthelimb on 11/02/14, 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 11/02/14, 04:13 pm

The outcome of the 2nd game between Solar/Texans really only matters to the Texans in your scenario.  The results would be the same for Feet which would end up #3 based on the 2 head to head losses to Solar.  Here are the actual numbers using your scenario and assuming Solar/Texans tie both games which I think is what you were implying.

u14 ECNL Spring '14 Predictions Screen44

If Solar wins one of the two games vs Texans then the results above would still hold.

If Texans wins one of the two games vs Solar then Texans would add two more points for a total of 39pts which would be good enough for #2.

The possibilities are endless but 2 losses or more than 3 ties for any of the top 4 teams in the 2nd half most likely means the end of their season.

That makes for some real excitement because teams have to play to win....
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit on 14/02/14, 10:05 am

Realistically, Solar OR DTX have a chance at the top 2 spots, but not both. Sure, theoretically they both could go to the big show, but that assumes that they both run the table, while the DFeeters and Lonestar lose the rest. Just in case those assumptions are a tad optimistic, here are a few miscellaneous, outlandish thoughts.

1-- Solar vs DTX matches are must-win for both teams to claim the #2 spot, if their strategy of the Lonestar & Dfeeters losing doesn't come to fruition.  It not the end of the world if Lonestar and Dfeeters gets 11 or 12 wins; Solar & DTX still have to full-fill OOL predictions  of winning, with almost no losses & ties.

2--Solar has the toughest road: it not only has to get into game shape and gel as a team, but they have to do it quickly, while winning matches. Its doubtful that both feet and Lonestar drop out out of top 2, which makes DTX its big challenger for the #2 spot. Wins against DTX is necessary just for the conference tie breakers. By my count, Solar has "6 tough" matches, ie matches that I wouldn't be surprised if they tied or lost.

3--Wild Card FCD: No, they are going to nationals this year, but they can help decide who stays home with them.  They play DFeeters once, Solar twice. Folks, the team has improved dramatically-- they have scored 10 times in last 4 matches. Some have said they got lucky against DTX... Some also say "luck" is where opportunity and preparation meet.

4--Lonestar is almost certainly guaranteed a top 2 spot unless...
-- Their team now has to travel and gets to meet the conference's other referees. I believe I've read somewhere that refs can make a difference in games. Having beat AHFC, they still have "winnable" matches against Challenge and Rush.
-- they beat challenge 1-0, tied Rush 1-1 AT HOME... Not exactly dominate. Good thing those Houston fields and refs are top notch.
-- Tiger- I agree about their Def, but NTX's 3 teams have shown they can score at home, and it is not too far outside the realm of possibility that Lonestar could leave NTX without a W...maybe a few L's and/or T's.

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb on 14/02/14, 04:07 pm

Packrabbit wrote:Realistically, Solar OR DTX have a chance at the top 2 spots, but not both. Sure, theoretically they both could go to the big show, but that assumes that they both run the table, while the DFeeters and Lonestar lose the rest. Just in case those assumptions are a tad optimistic, here are a few miscellaneous, outlandish thoughts.

1-- Solar vs DTX matches are must-win for both teams to claim the #2 spot, if their strategy of the Lonestar & Dfeeters losing doesn't come to fruition.  It not the end of the world if Lonestar and Dfeeters gets 11 or 12 wins; Solar & DTX still have to full-fill OOL predictions  of winning, with almost no losses & ties.

I agree it would be tough for both these teams to make it but they don't have to beat each other.  They just both have to beat the teams ahead of them.  

2--Solar has the toughest road: it not only has to get into game shape and gel as a team, but they have to do it quickly, while winning matches. Its doubtful that both feet and Lonestar drop out out of top 2, which makes DTX its big challenger for the #2 spot. Wins against DTX is necessary just for the conference tie breakers. By my count, Solar has "6 tough" matches, ie matches that I wouldn't be surprised if they tied or lost.

I count 3 tough matches (Lonestar, 2x Texans).  I think they have Feet's number judging by the margin of victory in game #1 (4-1).  A 3 goal margin is no fluke by Vegas standards.  Nevertheless they certainly have the toughest schedule and are coming from the furthest back.

3--Wild Card FCD: No, they are going to nationals this year, but they can help decide who stays home with them.  They play DFeeters once, Solar twice. Folks, the team has improved dramatically-- they have scored 10 times in last 4 matches. Some have said they got lucky against DTX... Some also say "luck" is where opportunity and preparation meet.

This is my second favorite team.  They will definitely play spoiler (I hope).  The better they do....the better it is for the Texans.  GOOOO FCD!!!  Whoever said FCD got lucky against DTX should be stoned.  It simply is not true.  FCD showed up to play and their goals were far from flukes.  DTX was missing both starting center mids who were away at ID2 national camp. I think they would have a made a slight difference (tongue in cheek) but the ECNL roster is deep to account for injuries and invites so we should have stepped up to fill those voids.  

4--Lonestar is almost certainly guaranteed a top 2 spot unless...
-- Their team now has to travel and gets to meet the conference's other referees. I believe I've read somewhere that refs can make a difference in games. Having beat AHFC, they still have "winnable" matches against Challenge and Rush.
-- they beat challenge 1-0, tied Rush 1-1 AT HOME... Not exactly dominate. Good thing those Houston fields and refs are top notch.
-- Tiger- I agree about their Def, but NTX's 3 teams have shown they can score at home, and it is not too far outside the realm of possibility that Lonestar could leave NTX without a W...maybe a few L's and/or T's.

Home...what freaking Home.  You mean Railroad, UTD or Chin Chapel.  Or maybe you were just speaking on behalf of Feet who does have a home ECNL field at Cox.  There is no "Home" field for Solar or DTX ECNL for sure.  They don't even have a "Home" field.  They are freaking nomads....ridiculous!  But that is a gripe for another day that just may get me in trouble.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by skulker on 15/02/14, 09:35 am

Home...what freaking Home.  You mean Railroad, UTD or Chin Chapel.  Or maybe you were just speaking on behalf of Feet who does have a home ECNL field at Cox.  There is no "Home" field for Solar or DTX ECNL for sure.  They don't even have a "Home" field.  They are freaking nomads....ridiculous!  But that is a gripe for another day that just may get me in trouble.

Nail on the head!
skulker
skulker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit on 16/02/14, 04:19 pm

I'm here to just report the news... Please read the below disclaimer before continuing. If you have a heart condition, high blood pressure, are pregnant or otherwise sensitive, please turn away now.

outonthelimb wrote:
I agree it would be tough for both these teams to make it but they don't have to beat each other. They just both have to beat the teams ahead of them.  

Its only statistically possible, if one believes if DTX AND Solar run the table on their remaining schedule, while Lonestar/feet go the other way. I absolutely agree that both of these teams have the ability to run the table, or at least win most of their matches, but, what one team does, will affect the other.

If one runs the top 4 individual schedules, assuming both Solar/DTX may actually have a few L's and T's and more importantly, Stars and/or Feet somehow manage a few W's & T's, one of the top 2 spots will unavoidably come down to the points winner of the DTX/Solar series.

outonthelimb wrote:
I count 3 tough matches (Lonestar, 2x Texans).  I think they have Feet's number judging by the margin of victory in game #1 (4-1).  A 3 goal margin is no fluke by Vegas standards. Nevertheless they certainly have the toughest schedule and are coming from the furthest back.
I included the feet and FCD twice, bc I would not be surprised if those matches went either way. I ALMOST made the same assumption about the 4-1 beating, until I noticed the match was Feet's 1st of fall season and Solar's 3rd. The 1st match of season for most teams is usually not their best soccer.

What conclusions does the Vegas standard extrapolate from the top 4's last 5 matches with common opponents?

Lonestar vs: AHFC 4-1, sting 1-0, feet 1-1, sting 1-0, TSC 1-0
Feet: vs: AHFC 2-1, Lonestar 1-1, sting 1-0, DTX 2-1,  FCD 4-0
DTX vs: FCD 2-2, AHFC 2-0, Lonestar 0-1, Feet 1-2, Sting 4-1
Solar vs: Lonestar 0-2, TSC 3-0, Sting 0-0, AHFC 0-0, TSC 0-0

Aside from Solar beating the feet 4-1, the schedule shows Solar vs TSC 3-0 and 0-0, DTX vs FCD 4-0 and 2-2 and Feet vs sting 4-2 & 1-0 and TSC 2-0. Which score is correctly identifies these teams? Since its hard or tell the story from the scores alone (it would be helpful if we had halftime scores), I had to move the FCD and Feet matches into the "tough matches" column.

outonthelimb wrote:
This is my second favorite team.  They will definitely play spoiler (I hope).  The better they do....the better it is for the Texans.  GOOOO FCD!!!  Whoever said FCD got lucky against DTX should be stoned.  It simply is not true.  FCD showed up to play and their goals were far from flukes.  DTX was missing both starting center mids who were away at ID2 national camp. I think they would have a made a slight difference (tongue in cheek) but the ECNL roster is deep to account for injuries and invites so we should have stepped up to fill those voids.  
Stoned? Not touching that! I wondered how long it would take for FCD to start gaining some additional fans. Missing 2 starting players in the FCD tie? Absolutely they would have made a difference! Were the 2 players missing for the two losses as well?

I think more teams wished they had FCD in their rear view mirror!

outonthelimb wrote:
I look forward to participating in that conversation-- why would these large affluent clubs treat their young ladies as nomads!  However, those fields do not require 3-4 hrs drive time and a hotel stay! Lonestar is finally going to experience travel.

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger on 05/03/14, 12:06 pm

Packrabbit and outonthelimb!!! Where ya'll at? Finally some action today/tonight?
Good luck to all the players. I wish them all an injury free game. Unfortunately I have D'feeters winning...because of home field advantage.

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum