North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Polling ECNL Participants for feedback Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Polling ECNL Participants for feedback

Go down

Polling ECNL Participants for feedback Empty Polling ECNL Participants for feedback

Post by central 06/03/14, 12:17 pm

I am back still trying to figure out what to do with my DD upcoming season.  Many of you responded with some good constructive comments about what route to take.  Since then, I have heard good and bad things about ECNL.  I understand, it is an individual choice.  This question is primarily directed to the U14 and U15's regarding your experiences with your first year or two in ECNL.  Of course, feedback from older groups welcome.

1.  Does ECNL primarily cater to those top 12-14 players and leave others behind to ride the bench? i.e....playing time?
2.  How often do coaches actually use dual roster as opposed to their core team to play in games and why?  i.e..is it injuries, performance, etc
3.  Do dual roster players ever train with the other ECNL Players?
4.  Those of you on ECNL teams whose dd's don't play a lot in games, will you continue to stay with ECNL or move on?  Do you feel the coaches are fair?  Do you feel your dd had a positive experience?  If no, why?
5.  Will some of those DD's playing in D1 or D2 plan to try out for ECNL upcoming year?
6.  Will some drop out of ECNL?  I am curious to see if there are a lot of players disappointed with ECNL and playing time or the opposite?
7.  What clubs do you feel best use the ECNL system to develop players?  Which don't?
8.  Who are the best coaches/programs/clubs and why? (I know their can be some bias)
9.  If your dd is on an ECNL team, wants to play in soccer in college (not necessarily for top school with top program) but doesn't play very much, should she change to D1 in order to get to play more?
10.  Will D1 afford her more opportunities to play in college if your dd gets a lot of playing time as opposed to minimal time with ECNL?
11.  On average, how often do ECNL coaches sub out players or do they tend to keep the same starters for almost entire game?  Are some clubs/coaches better about this than others?
12.  Do any of you feel your were fed a line of BS in your first year of ECNL?  Did coaches change the rules or go back on their word?  or the opposite?

I know this is long list of questions, but we are getting closer to that time of year when we all think about possibly making some changes.  We plan to go observe some of the older teams in the near future. We will be investing a lot of money next year and want to do it wisely.  I am sure many others are pondering this as well.  Thanks!

central
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Polling ECNL Participants for feedback Empty Re: Polling ECNL Participants for feedback

Post by soccersounder 06/03/14, 01:21 pm

Just one Dad's opinion after close to 2 years of ECNL at Sting:

central wrote:I am back still trying to figure out what to do with my DD upcoming season.  Many of you responded with some good constructive comments about what route to take.  Since then, I have heard good and bad things about ECNL.  I understand, it is an individual choice.  This question is primarily directed to the U14 and U15's regarding your experiences with your first year or two in ECNL.  Of course, feedback from older groups welcome.

1.  Does ECNL primarily cater to those top 12-14 players and leave others behind to ride the bench? i.e....playing time? Texans and Solar more so.. Sting, Feet and FCD, not so much
2.  How often do coaches actually use dual roster as opposed to their core team to play in games and why?  i.e..is it injuries, performance, etcFrom my perspective, really only for injuries and some injuries can be long term
3.  Do dual roster players ever train with the other ECNL Players? As far as I know and have seen, all they want
4.  Those of you on ECNL teams whose dd's don't play a lot in games, will you continue to stay with ECNL or move on?  Do you feel the coaches are fair?  Do you feel your dd had a positive experience?  If no, why? I can't answer first hand, all play fair to big minutes on our team
5.  Will some of those DD's playing in D1 or D2 plan to try out for ECNL upcoming year?I would highly suggest it
6.  Will some drop out of ECNL?  I am curious to see if there are a lot of players disappointed with ECNL and playing time or the opposite?After the first year, some did, but in year two, when the colleges get involved, I think ECNL Roster Spots are a good commodity to have. And if you leave for another ECNL Team after year two, you better make darn sure the grass is Greener!
7.  What clubs do you feel best use the ECNL system to develop players?  Which don't? How do you want to measure "development"
8.  Who are the best coaches/programs/clubs and why? (I know their can be some bias) Wins and losses are easy to see for ourselves. As for college placement (I will show a link below) Sting, Texans, Feet in that order. FCD and Solar can place almost every ECNL as well... But do sort the link below by Club
9.  If your dd is on an ECNL team, wants to play in soccer in college (not necessarily for top school with top program) but doesn't play very much, should she change to D1 in order to get to play more? NO WAY!!
10.  Will D1 afford her more opportunities to play in college if your dd gets a lot of playing time as opposed to minimal time with ECNL? NO WAY!!
11.  On average, how often do ECNL coaches sub out players or do they tend to keep the same starters for almost entire game?  Are some clubs/coaches better about this than others? Really already asked and answered
12.  Do any of you feel your were fed a line of BS in your first year of ECNL?  Did coaches change the rules or go back on their word?  or the opposite? My DDs ECNL experience has been great to date...

I know this is long list of questions, but we are getting closer to that time of year when we all think about possibly making some changes.  We plan to go observe some of the older teams in the near future. We will be investing a lot of money next year and want to do it wisely.  I am sure many others are pondering this as well.  Thanks!
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Polling ECNL Participants for feedback Empty Re: Polling ECNL Participants for feedback

Post by soccersounder 06/03/14, 01:23 pm

Here is the link I mentioned. Sort by Club

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AriynKqmGsRwdGUyR1ZrSFFUbHFZblNCMnBNZnNqc1E&output=html&gid=6
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 06/03/14, 02:04 pm

Ditto to all SS's responses except #1.

IMHO, I don't think there is any Club which carter to the top 12 - 14 players more so than another. It all depends from team to team within the Club, and also from game to game depending on who each team have available for the game roster.

I have seen girls warm up with the team and not step in the field, also I have seen girls get monstrous minutes when the starters can't deliver, or teams playing thin if they don't have a deep bench.

Most ECNL roster have a max of 30 players. My clue to this situation would be to look at the team rosters. If a team/Coach tend to carry about 22 or more (knowing that you can only dress 18 for the game), then tread carefully. If the team/coach tends to carry 17 - 21, then you know there is a good chance you dd will see the field more at some point if you factor in injuries, fatigue, absence and everything else into the playtime.

As for dual rostering, I would say that consider dual roster as a spare tire on you car. Only good when the good tires are not available.

Texans and Feet are the only Clubs which really do not dual roster between ECNL and LH age appropriate teams.

Some teams (Texans, FCD and Solar are good examples) would dual roster their younger players into their older age groups to give them experience and have coverage just in case they need it. It is also a good way of keeping tab of your upcoming young players.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger 06/03/14, 02:51 pm

How do the clubs handle the talented players that excel in other sports as well, but they're most passionate about soccer?

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 06/03/14, 03:06 pm

Depends on the coach. Some are super flexible and some require soccer to be the number one prority
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wxyz 06/03/14, 03:08 pm

Pele98 wrote:Ditto to all SS's responses except #1.

IMHO, I don't think there is any Club which carter to the top 12 - 14 players more so than another.  It all depends from team to team within the Club, and also from game to game depending on who each team have available for the game roster.
Most ECNL roster have a max of 30 players.  My clue to this situation would be to look at the team rosters. If a team/Coach tend to carry about 22 or more (knowing that you can only dress 18 for the game), then tread carefully.  If the team/coach tends to carry 17 - 21, then you know there is a good chance you dd will see the field more at some point if you factor in injuries, fatigue, absence and everything else into the playtime.

For U14 ECNL teams, FCD, Solar, and Sting have roster sizes of 28, 27, and 27 (roster sizes decreased to 21 for both Texans and Feet). One cannot determine how many minutes they played, but based on team stats so far, 16, 15, and 18 players have played in more than half of the games. Alternatively, 12, 10, and 9 of the rostered players have played in less than half of the games so far.

wxyz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down