North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
07 Girls 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony21/01/21, 03:09 pmTriumph FC
DKSC 13G Vielma21/01/21, 12:20 pm9withak
Renegades 11G North - Blanton 21/01/21, 10:46 amtareyncarol
16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony20/01/21, 11:21 pmTriumph FC
Texas Spirit 11 Monk20/01/21, 08:03 amTexas Spirit
Texas Spirit 12 Monk20/01/21, 07:48 amTexas Spirit
Premier League Clubs' Interesting Nicknames20/01/21, 02:25 amALEXXXXXXX
Texas Spirit 05 Bewley19/01/21, 09:20 pmBFC
Next Generation Cup 202119/01/21, 03:06 pmGambit Sports Group
09 Girls 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony19/01/21, 10:40 amTriumph FC
08 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony19/01/21, 10:32 amTriumph FC
2012 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony19/01/21, 10:27 amTriumph FC
09 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony18/01/21, 09:34 pmTriumph FC
16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony18/01/21, 04:02 pmTriumph FC
16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony18/01/21, 12:13 pmTriumph FC
07 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony18/01/21, 12:08 pmTriumph FC
10 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony18/01/21, 10:44 amTriumph FC
FC Dallas (Frisco) 2013 and 2014 teams recruiting!18/01/21, 12:46 amcoach77
FC Dallas (Frisco) 2013 and 2014 teams recruiting!18/01/21, 12:36 amcoach77
16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony17/01/21, 06:44 pmTriumph FC
BVB 11G Silver- Carrollton, The Colony, Coppell, Lewisville17/01/21, 06:33 pmreeck
11 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony17/01/21, 05:14 pmTriumph FC
FC Dallas North Black - looking for 2 more17/01/21, 12:59 pmJNavarrete
04 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb 4-7, 2021)17/01/21, 11:49 amU90C
06 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb 4-7, 2021)17/01/21, 11:48 amU90C
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Pixel
Statistics
We have 14617 registered users
The newest registered user is MegaDad5000

Our users have posted a total of 200856 messages in 29615 subjects

04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by 10sDad on 14/07/14, 02:43 pm

A Question on my mind....
Seeding Showdown finishes tonight, TuT plays this weekend (ends on Sunday).  QT starts on Tuesday.  Do they watch the TuT games, then compile results, debate, seed, build schedules, and get them communicated out to teams all in less than 48 hours?  Or do they schedule based on previous knowledge + Showdown?
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 448
Points : 3576
Join date : 2012-07-30

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by Guest on 14/07/14, 02:50 pm

10sDad wrote:A Question on my mind....
Seeding Showdown finishes tonight, TuT plays this weekend (ends on Sunday).  QT starts on Tuesday.  Do they watch the TuT games, then compile results, debate, seed, build schedules, and get them communicated out to teams all in less than 48 hours?  Or do they schedule based on previous knowledge + Showdown?

They watch the TuT games, then compile results, debate, seed, build schedules, and get them communicated out to teams all in less than 48 hours.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by sota34 on 14/07/14, 02:55 pm

hopefully TUT will publish their own schedules one of these days.

sota34
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 92
Points : 3677
Join date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by eagle11 on 14/07/14, 02:57 pm

They said last night that the committee would watch the games at Tut this weekend. The 04's will not start until Thursday or Friday night. All other age groups could begin as early as Tuesday.

eagle11
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 115
Points : 3120
Join date : 2013-01-11

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by Guest on 14/07/14, 03:05 pm

bwgophers wrote:
10sDad wrote:A Question on my mind....
Seeding Showdown finishes tonight, TuT plays this weekend (ends on Sunday).  QT starts on Tuesday.  Do they watch the TuT games, then compile results, debate, seed, build schedules, and get them communicated out to teams all in less than 48 hours?  Or do they schedule based on previous knowledge + Showdown?

They watch the TuT games, then compile results, debate, seed, build schedules, and get them communicated out to teams all in less than 48 hours.

To expand a little bit on my previous answer... I think they can get the basic framework of the schedule worked out ahead of time... i.e. Pool A Seed 1 v Seed 4 will play on Field X on Saturday at YY:ZZ am/pm. Then, they just need to plug the teams in once they have the bracket groupings set. After that, it's just scanning for coaches with multiple teams to see if there are any conflicts and adjust those.

Mass communication of the schedule is a piece of cake.

Of course, if they make the same mistake they did the past 2 years, they'll enable the link to the brackets as they are entering the team names as placeholders, before moving them around to the correct brackets... Someone will be trolling, and will see that that link is active, and will post it on the forum. Of course, at this point, the brackets will look completely out of whack from a seeding standpoint because they aren't finished yet... mass forum panic and pandemonium will ensue, Duncan's phone will start ringing incessantly, and his e-mail will crash.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by wittymgr on 14/07/14, 04:03 pm

bwgophers wrote:mass forum panic and pandemonium will ensue, Duncan's phone will start ringing incessantly, and his e-mail will crash.
 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
Ain't that the truth!
wittymgr
wittymgr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Points : 4623
Join date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by Guest on 14/07/14, 04:26 pm

FYI... hearing from multiple sources that the magic # is just shy of 50 '04 teams registered for QT.  Past history suggests that 1 or 2 of those will end up having to drop out due to not getting official roster to 14 by this Friday.  So final # looks to be ~48 +/- 2 teams.  Pretty typical number for U11 QT.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by Guest on 14/07/14, 06:49 pm

bwgophers wrote:FYI... hearing from multiple sources that the magic # is just shy of 50 '04 teams registered for QT.  Past history suggests that 1 or 2 of those will end up having to drop out due to not getting official roster to 14 by this Friday.  So final # looks to be ~48 +/- 2 teams.  Pretty typical number for U11 QT.

Latest word I've got from a source I'd consider "highly" reliable, is that the number is actually 52, same as last year's U11 QT.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by 10sDad on 15/07/14, 09:27 am

Looks like weather later this week....what if TuT gets rained out? Do they default to FBR?  Smile 
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 448
Points : 3576
Join date : 2012-07-30

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by Guest on 15/07/14, 09:50 am

10sDad wrote:Looks like weather later this week....what if TuT gets rained out?  Do they default to FBR?   Smile 

Highly doubt that TuT gets "washed out".  Bulk of the rain is supposed to be on Thursday.  Two benefits of TuT...

1)  FC Dallas complex fields have PHENOMENAL drainage designed in to them.
2)  Four-game friendly format means that you can easily just cancel some of the games without major impact to the overall tournament.  If fields aren't playable Friday, just cancel Friday games and some teams may only get 3 games instead of 4.  Still accomplishes the majority of it's purpose.

Now...  I did hear a rumor that the reason schedules aren't out yet, is because they may have to cancel TuT due to a pending strike by Local 2468 of UPAW (United Parking Attendant Workers)...  but that's just a rumor... Shocked

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by Gunner9 on 15/07/14, 09:54 am

cheers cheers cheers 

__________________________________________________
"Futbol is simple, but it is difficult to play simple futbol." Cruyff
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 643
Points : 4126
Join date : 2011-08-20

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by sota34 on 15/07/14, 09:55 am

bwgophers wrote:
10sDad wrote:Looks like weather later this week....what if TuT gets rained out?  Do they default to FBR?   Smile 

Highly doubt that TuT gets "washed out".  Bulk of the rain is supposed to be on Thursday.  Two benefits of TuT...

1)  FC Dallas complex fields have PHENOMENAL drainage designed in to them.
2)  Four-game friendly format means that you can easily just cancel some of the games without major impact to the overall tournament.  If fields aren't playable Friday, just cancel Friday games and some teams may only get 3 games instead of 4.  Still accomplishes the majority of it's purpose.

Now...  I did hear a rumor that the reason schedules aren't out yet, is because they may have to cancel TuT due to a pending strike by Local 2468 of UPAW (United Parking Attendant Workers)...  but that's just a rumor... Shocked

still negotiating with the Tent Stake Police too.

sota34
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 92
Points : 3677
Join date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by soccerisfun on 15/07/14, 09:56 am

They can always draft some FC Dallas parents to handle parking.  Very Happy

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 191
Points : 2984
Join date : 2013-06-17

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by GO999 on 15/07/14, 10:45 am

soccerisfun wrote:They can always draft some FC Dallas parents to handle parking.  Very Happy

From which team?
GO999
GO999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 36
Points : 2437
Join date : 2014-06-28

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by Brazuca on 15/07/14, 11:18 am

sota34 wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
10sDad wrote:Looks like weather later this week....what if TuT gets rained out?  Do they default to FBR?   Smile 

Highly doubt that TuT gets "washed out".  Bulk of the rain is supposed to be on Thursday.  Two benefits of TuT...

1)  FC Dallas complex fields have PHENOMENAL drainage designed in to them.
2)  Four-game friendly format means that you can easily just cancel some of the games without major impact to the overall tournament.  If fields aren't playable Friday, just cancel Friday games and some teams may only get 3 games instead of 4.  Still accomplishes the majority of it's purpose.

Now...  I did hear a rumor that the reason schedules aren't out yet, is because they may have to cancel TuT due to a pending strike by Local 2468 of UPAW (United Parking Attendant Workers)...  but that's just a rumor... Shocked

still negotiating with the Tent Stake Police too.

A hundred bucks a stake ain't so bad...
Brazuca
Brazuca
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 43
Points : 3241
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by 10sDad on 15/07/14, 11:20 am

I am surprised they don't block off the lots near 9/10/11 and make it valet only....
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 448
Points : 3576
Join date : 2012-07-30

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by soccerisfun on 15/07/14, 11:24 am

Tut schedules posted

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 191
Points : 2984
Join date : 2013-06-17

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by $occerF@n on 15/07/14, 12:09 pm

It's not too late for the valet idea...I was doing the math and someone makes bookoo bucks charging for parking...If they have volunteers running the lots they really are maximizing their profits

$occerF@n
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 73
Points : 2750
Join date : 2013-10-01
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by Guest on 15/07/14, 10:37 pm

$occerF@n wrote:It's not too late for the valet idea...I was doing the math and someone makes bookoo bucks charging for parking...If they have volunteers running the lots they really are maximizing their profits
You or your people from Louisiana?! Lmao @ bookoo (beaucoup)
I only hear that at home or from natives....

Can't wait til September... The suspense is murdering me!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by tigerdad on 18/07/14, 11:37 am

bwgophers wrote:
bwgophers wrote:FYI... hearing from multiple sources that the magic # is just shy of 50 '04 teams registered for QT.  Past history suggests that 1 or 2 of those will end up having to drop out due to not getting official roster to 14 by this Friday.  So final # looks to be ~48 +/- 2 teams.  Pretty typical number for U11 QT.

Latest word I've got from a source I'd consider "highly" reliable, is that the number is actually 52, same as last year's U11 QT.

BW, Do you have the list of 04 teams from that source? Very Happy
tigerdad
tigerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 166
Points : 3595
Join date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by Guest on 18/07/14, 12:31 pm

tigerdad wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
bwgophers wrote:FYI... hearing from multiple sources that the magic # is just shy of 50 '04 teams registered for QT.  Past history suggests that 1 or 2 of those will end up having to drop out due to not getting official roster to 14 by this Friday.  So final # looks to be ~48 +/- 2 teams.  Pretty typical number for U11 QT.

Latest word I've got from a source I'd consider "highly" reliable, is that the number is actually 52, same as last year's U11 QT.

BW, Do you have the list of 04 teams from that source? Very Happy

Yes, but promised the source I would not publish the list ahead of time. Here is what I will say... According to the list that I was given, the only "noteable" teams that aren't signed up for QT are Sting DeLeon and WF Xpress...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by sota34 on 18/07/14, 02:38 pm

schedule link and playing format are posted. teams are not loaded in there yet.

http://www.girlsclassicleague.org/page/show/844739-qualifying-tournament

sota34
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 92
Points : 3677
Join date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by donovansucks on 18/07/14, 02:41 pm

http://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?eventid=39051
donovansucks
donovansucks
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 45
Points : 3235
Join date : 2012-05-21

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by soccerisfun on 18/07/14, 03:14 pm

Very interested to get bw's take on the new format.

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 191
Points : 2984
Join date : 2013-06-17

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by jsullivan81 on 18/07/14, 03:24 pm

What's different this year? Seems the same as previous years.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 3416
Join date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

04 QT Seeding and Schedule Empty Re: 04 QT Seeding and Schedule

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum