North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Club/Coach Performance Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Club/Coach Performance

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Club/Coach Performance Empty Club/Coach Performance

Post by soccerjack 03/08/14, 07:53 pm

It would be interesting to somehow track the efficiency of the coaches and clubs like the FBR does the teams.  I think that would be more enlightning for parents new to club soccer looking for a home.  I agree with the development being most important....but sooner or later it has to be proven on the field.  When a family spends as much time and money on this, it would be nice to have a rating system when you have a 7 or 8 year old looking at academy.  The crime is the price for each club and coach is about the same, but what you get for the money is vastly different.  Academy and the first year of select are crucial in the development of the players.  

If you look at the results this year several things stand out.

2 coaches placed two different teams in Lake Highlands.  D'feeters and Tx Spirit...I think spirit had 3 teams total and they all got in..

2 clubs placed a bunch of teams: Sting and LP...the question is what percent?  What coaches or system is working better?

Dallas Texans I believe placed 2 teams FCD placed 1.  How many teams did both clubs field?  

I think as consumers this would be very helpful.  The clubs and more important the coaches that are good at what they do will shine the ones that don't will hopefully try and improve.

This sounds very analytical but with the money and time involved this is a product that should be more scrutinized

Last edited by soccerjack on 03/08/14, 09:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Club/Coach Performance Empty Re: Club/Coach Performance

Post by jsullivan81 03/08/14, 08:54 pm

FCD only got 1 team in LH for the 04's? I haven't looked at the full list, but if that is accurate that is surprising.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 03/08/14, 09:05 pm

3 from Texans, ironically one being formerly D'Feeters if memory serves correct..

Last edited by KnKsDad on 05/08/14, 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 03/08/14, 09:23 pm

D'Feeters had 2 try for LH, and both qualified.  3rd team with final FBR of #30 did not go to qualifying.  So 67%.

Proud of those girls and how hard they worked to get there!

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLD 03/08/14, 09:44 pm

I believe Texans were 4 teams that went into qualifying and 4 made it. 3 D1 (Scott, South, Red) and 1 D3 (White).

DTLD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 03/08/14, 09:51 pm

The prior posts are exactly my point. If the texans had 4 teams and placed three.. good results, if FCD had 15 teams and placed 1. not so good. I already mentioned the D'feeters. The problem again is the price is about the same. Wouldn't it be nice to have some sort of ranking for the clubs and coaches for the parents with a 7 or 8 year old. I think it's great for any kid that wants to play having a place to do it.....But should it be the same price? I firmly believe that if you took highly athletic twins with the same determination and placed them with two different coaches/clubs...you could have two completely different results. The problem is there is no place to easily check coach and club performance. Again with the amount of time and money invested in this, it would be nice to have a grade card for the parents/consumers to look at.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 03/08/14, 09:55 pm

soccerjack wrote:It would be interesting to somehow track the efficiency of the coaches and clubs like the FBR does the teams.  I think that would be more enlightning for parents new to club soccer looking for a home.  I agree with the development being most important....but sooner or later it has to be proven on the field.  When a family spends as much time and money on this, it would be nice to have a rating system when you have a 7 or 8 year old looking at academy.  The crime is the price for each club and coach is about the same, but what you get for the money is vastly different.  Academy and the first year of select are crucial in the development of the players.  

2 coaches placed two different teams in Lake Highlands.  D'feeters and Tx Spirit...I think spirit had 3 teams total and they all got in..

2 clubs placed a bunch of teams: Sting and LP...the question is what percent?  What coaches or system is working better?

Dallas Texans I belive placed 2 teams FCD placed 1.  How many teams did both clubs field?  

I think as consumers this would be very helpful.  The clubs and more important the coaches that are good at what they do will shine the ones that don't will hopefully try and improve.

This sounds very analytical but with the money and time involved this is a product that should be more scrutinized

the problem is that the "consumers" don't have a clue (in most cases) of what their DD needs help with. if you have a starlet 10 yr old pay the money and get advanced training. if she is not an elite player wall ball can be her biggest friend and find a coach you like in your family's price range. a bad coach with the best 10 year olds can win and its unlikely Pele could win many games coaching the less skilled. now there is that middle of the road group of kids that an exceptional coach can get the most of. Smile

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 03/08/14, 09:57 pm

soccerjack wrote:The prior posts are exactly my point.  If the texans had 4 teams and placed three.. good results, if FCD had 15 teams and placed 1. not so good.  I already mentioned the D'feeters.  The problem again is the price is about the same.  Wouldn't it be nice to have some sort of ranking for the clubs and coaches for the parents with a 7 or 8 year old.   I think it's great for any kid that wants to play having a place to do it.....But should it be the same price?  I firmly believe that if you took highly athletic twins with the same determination and placed them with two different coaches/clubs...you could have two completely different results.  The problem is there is no place to easily check coach and club performance.  Again with the amount of time and money invested in this, it would be nice to have a grade card for the parents/consumers to look at.

looks to me based on a "ranking" system you would have to give your money to the Texans Smile

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hooper96 03/08/14, 10:12 pm

soccerjack wrote:It would be interesting to somehow track the efficiency of the coaches and clubs like the FBR does the teams.  I think that would be more enlightning for parents new to club soccer looking for a home.  I agree with the development being most important....but sooner or later it has to be proven on the field.  When a family spends as much time and money on this, it would be nice to have a rating system when you have a 7 or 8 year old looking at academy.  The crime is the price for each club and coach is about the same, but what you get for the money is vastly different.  Academy and the first year of select are crucial in the development of the players.  

Dallas Texans I belive placed 2 teams FCD placed 1.  How many teams did both clubs field?  

u're correcto!

DT. 3 in D1 and none in D2 so I believe; 3 out of 4. scott, adames and starkes (D1) the other texans team was a bust.
FCD. 1 in D1 and none in D2. 1 out of 5; thompson D1, the other 4 were a bust. hunter,tallal,boyles,goodman and heald.

no doubt Sting continues to produce, 5 in D1 and 1 in D2
Lp 4 in D1 and none in D2

They were the better clubs with more representation in lake highlands this year.

I will say it is not common that the same coaches to coach a team in the same age group and or same division.

hooper96
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 03/08/14, 10:17 pm

ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:

the problem is that the "consumers" don't have a clue (in most cases) of what their DD needs help with. if you have a starlet 10 yr old pay the money and get advanced training. if she is not an elite player wall ball can be her biggest friend and find a coach you like in your family's price range. a bad coach with the best 10 year olds can win and its unlikely Pele could win many games coaching the less skilled. now there is that middle of the road group of kids that an exceptional coach can get the most of. Smile

And thats the point. It would help the parents/consumers that don't have a clue understand that a good coach and or club will get results. The funny thing about it is you see a lot of parents that are experts on the game and spend thousands for "advanced training" and their kids either don't want to be there or aren't athletic enough to be there. You also see the opposite in kids that are very capable and determined and their parents don't understand what they need for their child. I agree with your point but this is a business. What's wrong with tracking long term results.

soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 03/08/14, 10:20 pm

soccerjack wrote:
ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:

And thats the point.  It would help the parents/consumers that don't have a clue understand that a good coach and or club will get results.  The funny thing about it is you see a lot of parents that are experts on the game and spend thousands for "advanced training" and their kids either don't want to be there or aren't athletic enough to be there.  You also see the opposite in kids that are very capable and determined and their parents don't understand what they need for their child.  I agree with your point but this is a business.  What's wrong with tracking long term results.

LONG TERM RESULTS GOES TO HASSAN AND DALLAS TEXANS......HANDS DOWN...GOOGLE THE CHAMPIONSHIPS. SOLAR CHELSEA DOING A GOOD JOB TOO

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/08/14, 10:21 pm

soccerjack wrote:The prior posts are exactly my point.  If the texans had 4 teams and placed three.. good results, if FCD had 15 teams and placed 1. not so good.  I already mentioned the D'feeters.  The problem again is the price is about the same.  Wouldn't it be nice to have some sort of ranking for the clubs and coaches for the parents with a 7 or 8 year old.   I think it's great for any kid that wants to play having a place to do it.....But should it be the same price?  I firmly believe that if you took highly athletic twins with the same determination and placed them with two different coaches/clubs...you could have two completely different results.  The problem is there is no place to easily check coach and club performance.  Again with the amount of time and money invested in this, it would be nice to have a grade card for the parents/consumers to look at.

Fire it up Jack!

Here's 3 links to get you started...

http://www.girlsclassicleague.org/
http://www.pysa.org/
http://www.arlingtonsoccer.org/

In about 3 weeks, you'll be able to go to each of these websites and navigate to their Fall 2014 schedules and standings.  That will give you a comprehensive list of where every select team in NTX in every age group from U11 through U19 is playing.  From there, you can do the math and the stats and summarize any way you like.  Just don't forget that from U14-U18, you have to also account for 1 ECNL team in each age group for D'Feeters/FC Dallas/Solar/Sting/Texans.

Want to get an idea about coaches?  Pretty much every club in the list you put together from above, has a website that is pretty easy to find, and on that website, you're likely to find a list of the club's teams, with their coach's name. Sync up the coaching list with the team list, and there you go...

Beyond that, you'll start getting into a lot of opinion over which coaches/clubs are truly developing players, vs. which coaches/clubs are recruiting machines that are just assembling the best talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 03/08/14, 10:27 pm

ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:

And thats the point.  It would help the parents/consumers that don't have a clue understand that a good coach and or club will get results.  The funny thing about it is you see a lot of parents that are experts on the game and spend thousands for "advanced training" and their kids either don't want to be there or aren't athletic enough to be there.  You also see the opposite in kids that are very capable and determined and their parents don't understand what they need for their child.  I agree with your point but this is a business.  What's wrong with tracking long term results.

LONG TERM RESULTS GOES TO HASSAN AND DALLAS TEXANS......HANDS DOWN...GOOGLE THE CHAMPIONSHIPS. SOLAR CHELSEA DOING A GOOD JOB TOO

And thats fair.  But wouldn't it be a windfall for them, to somehow point that out to the parents of the academy kids.  There is too much confusion at that age for most parents to understand what they are in for in the long run.  I can tell you we would have made different choices for our dd, if we had better information.

soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 03/08/14, 10:48 pm

bwgophers wrote:

Fire it up Jack!

In about 3 weeks, you'll be able to go to each of these websites and navigate to their Fall 2014 schedules and standings.  That will give you a comprehensive list of where every select team in NTX in every age group from U11 through U19 is playing.  From there, you can do the math and the stats and summarize any way you like.  Just don't forget that from U14-U18, you have to also account for 1 ECNL team in each age group for D'Feeters/FC Dallas/Solar/Sting/Texans.

Want to get an idea about coaches?  Pretty much every club in the list you put together from above, has a website that is pretty easy to find, and on that website, you're likely to find a list of the club's teams, with their coach's name.  Sync up the coaching list with the team list, and there you go...

Beyond that, you'll start getting into a lot of opinion over which coaches/clubs are truly developing players, vs. which coaches/clubs are recruiting machines that are just assembling the best talent.

LOL and there lies the problem....my last kid just went select and I'm too lazy to do all that work. I was hoping you would care enough to do it. This is why it's such a great business model, brand new people every year that don't know any better. You are the only one capable of doing it correctly....was hoping to draw you in.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 04/08/14, 06:22 am

You can do whatever research and statistics you want, but it all comes down to recruiting. There are very few coaches at this age that actually coach, and there is also very few parents or clubs that actively seek out quality coaching. Winning and coaching/development are mutually exclusive terms in NTX youth soccer. The worst coach I have ever seen won a few national club championships....but by recruiting, not development...seriously, the guy couldn't develop a polaroid.
Its all about winning, bragging on facebook, and revenue in NTX. Actual coaching and development is somewhere way down the list...the only way to find a team that is right for your dd is to educate yourself on what a soccer coach actually does (an actual soccer coach...not a glorified rec coach), and go find the one that is the best fit for your dd. If you go by winning percentage, or LH placement percentage...you will be sorry.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by intrinsic 04/08/14, 07:03 am

10sDad wrote:You can do whatever research and statistics you want, but it all comes down to recruiting.  There are very few coaches at this age that actually coach, and there is also very few parents or clubs that actively seek out quality coaching.  Winning and coaching/development are mutually exclusive terms in NTX youth soccer.  The worst coach I have ever seen won a few national club championships....but by recruiting, not development...seriously, the guy couldn't develop a polaroid.
Its all about winning, bragging on facebook, and revenue in NTX.  Actual coaching and development is somewhere way down the list...the only way to find a team that is right for your dd is to educate yourself on what a soccer coach actually does (an actual soccer coach...not a glorified rec coach), and go find the one that is the best fit for your dd.  If you go by winning percentage, or LH placement percentage...you will be sorry.

Truth!

intrinsic
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.BlazeSoccer.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/08/14, 08:16 am

So what it sounds like we're asking for here is a website like CruiseCritic.com or TravelAdvisor.com for teams / coaches. Is that kinda what I'm hearing? Unfortunately, I think it would end up a lot like what we find on this forum, those that give their honest opinion and then those that try to refute it if it's negative. Someone would have to relegate the posts that has no skin in the game to ensure accuracy and that's just not possible "for free".

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 04/08/14, 08:20 am

Dallas Texans I believe placed 2 teams FCD placed 1.  How many teams did both clubs field?  

Something like Trip Advisor only on club coaches?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/08/14, 08:20 am

10sDad wrote:You can do whatever research and statistics you want, but it all comes down to recruiting.  There are very few coaches at this age that actually coach, and there is also very few parents or clubs that actively seek out quality coaching.  Winning and coaching/development are mutually exclusive terms in NTX youth soccer.  The worst coach I have ever seen won a few national club championships....but by recruiting, not development...seriously, the guy couldn't develop a polaroid.
Its all about winning, bragging on facebook, and revenue in NTX.  Actual coaching and development is somewhere way down the list...the only way to find a team that is right for your dd is to educate yourself on what a soccer coach actually does (an actual soccer coach...not a glorified rec coach), and go find the one that is the best fit for your dd.  If you go by winning percentage, or LH placement percentage...you will be sorry.

This is very true, but on the occasion, there are exceptions to that rule...  Sometimes you find that ONE coach that has earned both a winning percentage and decent LH percentage AND is a darn good coach to boot.  I swear, it's not a unicorn, it exists...

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 04/08/14, 09:34 am

SoccerShocker wrote:

This is very true, but on the occasion, there are exceptions to that rule...  Sometimes you find that ONE coach that has earned both a winning percentage and decent LH percentage AND is a darn good coach to boot.  I swear, it's not a unicorn, it exists...

Bingo. I guarantee if you look at the Texans coaches there is a history of similar results. Recruiting also happens by people seeking them out because of their accomplishments. These kids aren't all developing themselves. The problem is NTX is littered with the so called quasi rec coach. The crazy part about it, is the rate is the same for the great coach and the rec coach.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 04/08/14, 09:35 am

ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:

You go realize this is a girls soccer forum??????
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/08/14, 09:37 am

soccersounder wrote:
ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
ONLYASOCCERDAD wrote:

You go realize this is a girls soccer forum??????

OOOOHH... That one has to Sting a bit... affraid 

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 04/08/14, 09:50 am

bwgophers wrote:

OOOOHH...  That one has to Sting a bit... affraid 

Now even I got that one... So in looking at Texans website and the 'Club Brags', which doesn't appear to have been updated recently. Last Girls/Womens Nat Title was 2011 with the 92's? It appears 4 girls titles in 2008...

http://www.dallastexans.com/page/show/1098047-club-brags

Has there been some titles since? This is honest question as website isn't updated. Not poking the bear if there hasn't been.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 04/08/14, 10:04 am

The number of teams a club gets in can also be misleading since many of these teams/coaches have switched clubs over the last year.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 04/08/14, 10:13 am

soccerjack wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Fire it up Jack!

Want to get an idea about coaches?  Pretty much every club in the list you put together from above, has a website that is pretty easy to find, and on that website, you're likely to find a list of the club's teams, with their coach's name.  Sync up the coaching list with the team list, and there you go...

LOL and there lies the problem....my last kid just went select and I'm too lazy to do all that work.  I was hoping you would care enough to do it.  This is why it's such a great business model, brand new people every year that don't know any better.  You are the only one capable of doing it correctly....was hoping to draw you in.

Why would anyone collect and GIVE you the information?

The information is readily available if you want to do the work or talk to some people who have been around the block a time or two.

What is the benefit to the people 'in the money' in club soccer to give you the information? Many of them count on parents like you to be able to stock their teams at the younger ages.

Rest assured, if your DD is good enough, the best ones will find her and it will not be about the money.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next