North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

U-15 ECNL Preseason Prognostication Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

U-15 ECNL Preseason Prognostication

Go down

U-15 ECNL Preseason Prognostication Empty U-15 ECNL Preseason Prognostication

Post by Packrabbit 20/08/14, 01:10 pm

I was very surprised (and disheartened) to see that O-O-L, Tiger or DDad, etc haven't yet opined on this topic.

I have so missed OOL's literary tales of attacking waves of victorious female soccer players, as well as his direct commentary, criticisms and predictions! Where is DDad's resolute, informed analysis? I wonder where, the little pitter, padder of Tiger paws in the peanut gallery, have gone?

Are we to believe that they suddenly became productive adults contributing to society  Shocked ... Have they been abducted into or joined the ECNL cocktail circuit where commenting on the rare air of ECNL is not fashionable?  Rolling Eyes ...Or do the new coaches have their tongues?  Embarassed 

What gives- where are the scouting reports? Who got better, worse? Optimism, despair? Is anyone going to challenge TRHST?

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

U-15 ECNL Preseason Prognostication Empty Re: U-15 ECNL Preseason Prognostication

Post by outonthelimb 26/08/14, 10:55 pm

I predict that the table will look a lot like last year's finish w/ Texans on top though:-)

Given 4-5 teams make it to playoffs there is less pressure on conference results.  

If I understood the way the showcases work correctly then the ECNL minds try to put like teams against each other which appeals more to the college coaches so I guess your conference record is important in getting a couple of highly regarded showcase opponents which brings more eyes to the sideline.

The player pool for the '00 is very well known at this point.  The things that will move teams up/down is mass movement or movement of known difference maker player(s) from one team to the other.  It is unlikely IMO that there is a hidden gem that has evolved at the lower ranks that will suddenly propel a team from the middle of the ranks to the top 3.  There was not a lot of meaningful movement this off season.  Therefore I predict the table to look like last season.

1. Texans
2. Solar
3. LS
4. Feet
5. FCD

I'm sure every team improved in some way but I only have direct insight into the Texans. I'm approaching the season with cautious optimism as it may take a few games for everything to come together but the off season additions of a highly regarded Head Coach and two ECNL players who were starters/standouts on other ECNL teams without losing any starters to a local ENCL club is the beginning of good recipe. The Texans were Tall, Fast and Aggressive...now we are a bit Shorter but even Faster and likely more Aggressive but playing a more composed brand of soccer when it all comes together.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

U-15 ECNL Preseason Prognostication Empty Re: U-15 ECNL Preseason Prognostication

Post by Gunners 27/08/14, 08:35 am

outonthelimb wrote:I predict that the table will look a lot like last year's finish w/ Texans on top though:-)

Given 4-5 teams make it to playoffs there is less pressure on conference results.  

If I understood the way the showcases work correctly then the ECNL minds try to put like teams against each other which appeals more to the college coaches so I guess your conference record is important in getting a couple of highly regarded showcase opponents which brings more eyes to the sideline.

The player pool for the '00 is very well known at this point.  The things that will move teams up/down is mass movement or movement of known difference maker player(s) from one team to the other.  It is unlikely IMO that there is a hidden gem that has evolved at the lower ranks that will suddenly propel a team from the middle of the ranks to the top 3.  There was not a lot of meaningful movement this off season.  Therefore I predict the table to look like last season.

1. Texans
2. Solar
3. LS
4. Feet
5. FCD

I'm sure every team improved in some way but I only have direct insight into the Texans.  I'm approaching the season with cautious optimism as it may take a few games for everything to come together but the off season additions of a highly regarded Head Coach and two ECNL players who were starters/standouts on other ECNL teams without losing any starters to a local ENCL club is the beginning of good recipe.  The Texans were Tall, Fast and Aggressive...now we are a bit Shorter but even Faster and likely more Aggressive but playing a more composed brand of soccer when it all comes together.

Ohhh the irony.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 27/08/14, 09:18 am

Gunners wrote:
outonthelimb wrote:I predict that the table will look a lot like last year's finish w/ Texans on top though:-)

1. Texans
2. Solar
3. LS
4. Feet
5. FCD

I'm sure every team improved in some way but I only have direct insight into the Texans.  I'm approaching the season with cautious optimism as it may take a few games for everything to come together but the off season additions of a highly regarded Head Coach and two ECNL players who were starters/standouts on other ECNL teams without losing any starters to a local ENCL club is the beginning of good recipe.  The Texans were Tall, Fast and Aggressive...now we are a bit Shorter but even Faster and likely more Aggressive but playing a more composed brand of soccer when it all comes together.

Ohhh the irony.
Yeah....I know. The next is always better than the ex even if the next use to be the ex! That is my story and I'm sticking with it. Cautious optimism....cautious optimism. I'm still pinching myself though.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 27/08/14, 08:06 pm

OOL- glad to showed up? No commentary, insights on who got better & who didn't?
Not having seen these team play in the last few months, I have to go on gossip, innuendo and their play & stats last spring.

1. TRHST:
2. Texans:
3. Lonestar:
4. FCD:
5. DFeeters:
6. Rush:
7. Sting:
8. AHFC:
9. Challenge:
10. TSC:

I will have to add commentary later...

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DDdad 02/09/14, 12:39 pm

I have seen only one team play since last season ended. I have limited knowledge of changes made by the North Texas teams with the exception of one. I have no idea at all what went up outside of North Texas. That said and because I'm the eternal optimist,

1. Solar (The major change here is that they will actually play together for an entire season. Good and getting better.)

2. Texans (aforementioned "Highly Regarded Coach") is / will change style. Added 3-5 new players. How quickly can they adapt to new coach, new style and incorporate new kids? Very athletic.

3. Sting - new coach and new style. added several new players and consolidated some from Dual Roster. How quickly can they assimilate the new tempo and style? Can they avoid the injury bug that plagued them last season and has already reared it's ugly head.

4. FCD I know of 2-3 additions but core is basically intact. Maybe most improved last year start to finish. Can it continue?

5. LoneStar - Survived and prospered on Defense last year. Played several very close games. Can they eek out those close wins once again?

6. Feet - Rough second half. 8 wins in the fall, 2 wins in the Spring. Which is correct? They will score goals.

7. Albion-

8. Rush

9. Challenge

10. TSC
DDdad
DDdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger 03/09/14, 04:35 pm

As of today, I got nothin....but to give my friend O-O-L a hard time - great insight on your prediction by the way.

I will have to say that Solar will lead the league majority of the season if not all of it.
LS will prevent NTX from taking over the top four or five spots. Where they land, I'm not sure. LS can't make whole sale changes like NTX. I will make one bold prediction...Sting will finish ahead of Texans. Hey O-O-L, affraid

Good luck to everyone this season...truly

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 03/09/14, 07:46 pm

Tiger wrote:As of today, I got nothin....but to give my friend O-O-L a hard time - great insight on your prediction by the way.

I will have to say that Solar will lead the league majority of the season if not all of it.
LS will prevent NTX from taking over the top four or five spots. Where they land, I'm not sure. LS can't make whole sale changes like NTX. I will make one bold prediction...Sting will finish ahead of Texans. Hey O-O-L, affraid  

Good luck to everyone this season...truly
I hear that Sting has a Dad that rang the Nasdaq opening bell last week....with those type of powerful people on the sidelines anything is possible.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spolar 03/09/14, 09:17 pm

Ok, all in good fun as the U-15 ECNL season approaches…..

1. Solar – technical and a very solid team. Should’ve been #2 in nation IMO but poor draw nationals. Still the team to beat….
2. D’Feeters – technical team with a few strong additions. Must play like they did vs. #1 Michigan Hawks in every game. The smart pick ☺
3. FCD – agreed, most improved in Spring. Continue on this path with a couple of nice additions.
4. Texans – athletic team, new coach again, but let’s see if team chemistry works out. Continues to play US Soccer = speed and size (but now smaller).
5. Sting – as a homer, NTX in the top 5! Sting will be Sting with improved team chemistry.
6. Lonestar – rumor is lost top defender and some team speed, so should drop a few spots.
7. AHFC – moved up one spot – technical better and more improved
8. Rush – moved down one spot – declining with athletes
9. Challenge – no change
10. TSC – no change
Spolar
Spolar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 04/09/14, 12:48 am

As usual, its hard to disagree with DDad logic. I barely recognize this new O-O-L, but I'm impressed! It takes real talent to write a post with one's head attached to the coach's butt... Tiger, I think you're right, LS will be better this year...

1. TRHST: If you take away its superior skills, speed, and technical ability, this team is very average and overrated...34 GF, 8 GA. The only way this team doesn't win the conference is if the old coach turns soft or team suffers injuries.  Other than the sideline, there is no drama about who the team to beat this season.

2. Texans: New coach (dragging a formerly mysterious growth behind him), new playing style, gag orders, and secrecy installed this season. One thing hasn't changed: this team has some great athletes that can play soccer.  The only question is, will Q keep the attacking waves (and growth) intact?

3. Lonestar: We know this team will be physical and play good defense. With the talent pool available to them, one has assume they will be better.

4. FCD:  This team came together nicely last season. IMO, they were the 3rd best team in the conference the 2nd half of last season. Barring injuries, should have a better start this year. 3rd place will not surprise me.

5. DFeeters:  No word on roster "+'s "and "-'s", but DDad hit it on the head. What did happened to this team last Spring? 2 W's, 12 GF (thank goodness for TSC, Chall-7 GF), 10 GA. Which team was the real team? They can score goals, but after last year's ridicule, I can't rank them any higher.

6. Rush:
7. Sting:  Myself included, most people overlooked this team's injuries last year. I like this new team's new coach, new outlook with less politics.  I look forward to seeing how this healthy Sting team plays this year.
8. AHFC:
9. Challenge:
10. TSC:

Good luck to all, and keep those DD's healthy. Also, if you have a minute, let's have a moment of silence for our fallen compadre, OOL.

Last edited by Packrabbit on 04/09/14, 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 04/09/14, 12:53 am

Roster Additions.

Note: New means not on the teams ECNL roster in the 2013-2014 season (e.g. dual rostered players now being full-time doesn't count as new regardless of if they played in any ECNL games or not in 2013-2014)

TEXANS - 7 new players (So Cal Blues ECNL, D'feeters ECNL, Sting ECNL, Sting LHGCL-dual roster, Sting LHGCL, 2x Austin Texans), New Coach

STING - 4 new players ( 2x Texans ECNL, D'feeters ECNL, Solar LHGCL), New Coach

D'FEETERS- 3 new players (Solar ECNL, Solar LHGCL, resurfacing from Frisco ISD by way of Florida Fire Juniors )

FCD - 3 new players (St. Louis Scott Gallagher ECNL, Sting ECNL, FCD '99 LHGCL)

SOLAR - 2 new players (2x Mustangs LHGCL) - rumored but not confirmed
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SkeetsG06 04/09/14, 11:19 am

I think the prognostications are directionally similar. I don't have a strong, fact based opinion, outside of the Texans b/c of my dd, but I do believe the following:
1) NTX ECNL U15 teams need and can do better in nationals next year.
-Texans literally dominated 5 of the 6 halves played in nationals but could not finish. So I am encouraged b/c it appears the team will be stronger offensively and returns an already strong backline.
-Solar just ran into the best team in the country, but breezed thru rest of bracket. Net, with nationals experience behind them and more time together will only improve chances should they make nationals.
2) IMO, the Texas ECNL & Southwest ECNL conferences are head and shoulders above the rest of the field.
3) As such, the Texas conference is a dogfight. I think every game is up for grabs and one call here or there can shape the outcome of any game.
4) I will be shocked if any team runs away with first place. Like last year, I think 1st and 2nd place will be close.

Good luck to all! I wish all our dds a healthy season!!

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger 05/09/14, 01:03 pm

So I'll try to stay out of the peanut gallery but won't promise any of you anything.

It looks as if every NTX has made changes to their roster to get stronger. The only change Lonestar made was dropped a forward from last season. I find that intriguing due to Dallas Texans adding two players from Austin. AHFC, Challenge and Rush seems to have made minimal changes. So for this weekend's start

SAT.
FC Dallas vs Sting - FC Dallas win 1-0
Rush vs Texans - Texans win 2-0
Challenge vs Solar - Solar win 6-0
D'Feeters vs TSC - D'Feeters 1-0
Lonestar vs Albion - Lonestar wins 2-0

SUN.
FC Dallas vs TSC - FC Dallas wins 1-0
Challenge vs Texans - Texans win 4-0
Rush vs Solar - Solar win 3-1

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 05/09/14, 01:42 pm

Tiger wrote: I find that intriguing due to Dallas Texans adding two players from Austin.

Having recently relocated from NTX to Austin and gone through the "tryout" process down here, it does not surprise me. Lonestar doesn't hold open ECNL tryouts like DFW and Houston teams. Rumor has it that many good players from the Austin area either dual roster with Dallas teams or travel to Houston.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 05/09/14, 04:39 pm

txtransplant wrote:
Tiger wrote: I find that intriguing due to Dallas Texans adding two players from Austin.

Having recently relocated from NTX to Austin and gone through the "tryout" process down here, it does not surprise me. Lonestar doesn't hold open ECNL tryouts like DFW and Houston teams. Rumor has it that many good players from the Austin area either dual roster with Dallas teams or travel to Houston.

Wow, that is interesting and surprising. I guess if you're the only game in town, as they are, you can get away with that. Knowing that they aren't actively  exploring new talent, I may have them ranked a little high.

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 05/09/14, 04:45 pm

They effectively don't hold open tryouts for any team. You register for tryouts through GotSoccer, they tell you a date and time, then two days later a coach calls you and tells you where your kid will be placed. We're on a LS sh*t list because the moment I didn't readily accept their offer (DD played LH DII and they wanted to put her on their lowest team) and mentioned my DD was also trying out for another team in the area, the coach started screaming at me. So we'll be looking at dual-rostering or traveling to DFW or Houston next year as well.
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tschlurker 06/09/14, 02:39 pm

Feet/TSC 2-2.  I think TSC underestimated here.  Don't think they crack the upper half of the table, but perhaps closer to 6th than 10th as should be better against the STex teams.  Added 2 starters, and more importantly, added by subtraction -- lost 5 who probably are better off the next level down.  Short roster though (16 including two GK), so injury luck will be critical.

Update, TSC ties FCD on Sunday.

Last edited by tschlurker on 08/09/14, 03:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

tschlurker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 06/09/14, 10:59 pm

Anyone got LS and AHFC score?

DTX/Rush: 3-3
Solar/Chall:  2-0
FCD/Sting: 3-1

Anyone have post game reports?

Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by txtransplant 06/09/14, 11:07 pm

Per STX board...

Albion 2 - Lonestar 0
txtransplant
txtransplant
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsidepacman 06/09/14, 11:24 pm

Sorry you found that out the hard way txtransplant. With few exceptions, Lonestar basically chooses their ECNL teams at the age of 8. That is when they form top teams and they make few changes to their top teams. As a result, there are many girls traveling to Dallas and Houston to find ECNL opportunities.

As for their place in the standing, recall lonestar teams tend to drop off at u15 after decent u14 seasons.

Offsidepacman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger 18/09/14, 10:35 am

When will the announcement of cancellation for this weekend's games come?
I predict 3pm - 5pm Friday.

Tiger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 18/09/14, 12:20 pm

PacmanJr00 wrote:Sorry you found that out the hard way txtransplant. With few exceptions, Lonestar basically chooses their ECNL teams at the age of 8. That is when they form top teams and they make few changes to their top teams. As a result, there are many girls traveling to Dallas and Houston to find ECNL opportunities.

As for their place in the standing, recall lonestar teams tend to drop off at u15 after decent u14 seasons.

Last years ECNL standing seem to indicate they get stronger as they age?

U16 - 4th
U17 - 3rd
U18 - 2nd

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down