North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Refs don't give a flip Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Refs don't give a flip

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Refs don't give a flip Empty Refs don't give a flip

Post by MoGoSoccer 25/08/14, 11:00 am

We just qualified for Plano Premier. I thought I would go to a few of the LH games this weekend to see what we need to shoot for. The refs let almost every penalty go. I have never heard "PLAY ON" more in my life. The refs obviously are obviously not concerned with the safety of the girls or teaching them the rules. Get the game over as soon as possible was the theme. Someone is going to get hurt and hurt bad. Soccer is a great game when it is played properly.

Watch your back, front, and sides when playing against the Dallas Texans teams. I saw slashes, elbows, and even a punch thrown that fortunately missed. These things  are taught.

MoGoSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Refs don't give a flip Empty Re: Refs don't give a flip

Post by slrsoccer 25/08/14, 11:03 am

What a stupid thread - mods this is best handled by locking.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MoGoSoccer 25/08/14, 11:06 am

Why is it stupid to ask about soccer play and the rules?

MoGoSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 11:21 am

Sounds to me like you're taking a shot at the Texans.

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 25/08/14, 11:25 am

Do we need to go over all the red flags in your post?

First, you obviously have a bone to pick with just one Texan team (probably one that beat your team) or did you really travel around to all the different complexes to watch all the Texan teams over the weekend?

Second, I am pretty sure no one is allowed to play with hockey sticks, which would eliminate the slashing portion of your post.

Third, posts like these (generic, non informative, not very well thought out) serve no purpose other than to initiate idiotic banter, to which not many here want to participate in.

If you have something to say, then just say it. Call out whatever team it is you need to call out.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 11:27 am

slrsoccer wrote:Do we need to go over all the red flags in your post?

First, you obviously have a bone to pick with just one Texan team (probably one that beat your team) or did you really travel around to all the different complexes to watch all the Texan teams over the weekend?
Yeah! He went there.

Second, I am pretty sure no one is allowed to play with hockey sticks, which would eliminate the slashing portion of your post.

Third, posts like these (generic, non informative, not very well thought out) serve no purpose other than to initiate idiotic banter, to which not many here want to participate in.

If you have something to say, then just say it.  Call out whatever team it is you need to call out.

Back to top Go down

Post by MoGoSoccer 25/08/14, 11:27 am

No reason to take a shot. I have no connection. Just saw a lot of potential injuries.

MoGoSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Brazuca 25/08/14, 11:30 am

MoGoSoccer wrote:Why is it stupid to ask about soccer play and the rules?

Might work out better if you don't call out an entire club...

Somewhat agree with the assessment of the refs.  For the so called top league around the reffing in my DD's game specifically was horrendous.  Head ref was most concerned with quieting the sidelines and coaches.  Here's an idea...put some effort into calling the game properly and the sideline and coach comments will take care of themselves.
Brazuca
Brazuca
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MoGoSoccer 25/08/14, 11:30 am

No, we never played against a Texans team. I did watch two of them play last weekend though. Slashing with their arms instead of hockey sticks. Thank you for the sports lesson though.

I was calling out the refs for their lack of ability or desire to blow their whistles.

MoGoSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sota34 25/08/14, 11:32 am

Scott game was pretty clean. they are big and physical but nothing dirty.

sota34
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 11:37 am

lol, love when rec parents think everything is a foul or a card. "ref card them they pushed little suzy!!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 11:46 am

I will agree that they were quite relaxed this weekend... several missed calls and our sidelines were pretty quiet for the most part so the ref really had nothing to contend with accept the play on the field. Lots of blatant shoving and pushing off - and I'm not calling out the other team, it was our team and the other team. Both teams were getting away with a LOT out there. Wasn't until a girl took a hard shot to the head and went down immediately on the turf and the ref continued to "play on" that I realized they either weren't paying attention or the decision was to continue play regardless. This kiddo was down on the turf until the other team scored, then he blew his whistle and waved the coach onto the field. I would say, in most cases, let the kiddo recover if it was kick in the shin or a gut ball, but when it's a hard shot to the head, stop the game, make sure this kid hasn't had her brains scrambled on the pitch. That is one area they need to be VERY cognizant -head shots should require immediate stoppage of play especially if the kid goes straight to the ground - which she did in this case and it wasn't a slow move the ground, she literally was knocked off her feet and was laying curled up on the ground while he "resumed" play. She did not walk off the field of her own power but was carted off the field and then play resumed... So I have to agree, these are 10 and 11 year olds, not teenagers that have learned to flop for the purpose of getting a call - a shot to the head can be serious for these kids and the refs need to be aware of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by fliptc 25/08/14, 11:49 am

WOW, they person just said the refs let a lot go and mentioned that texans team was dirty. I have seen a lot of dirty play by several teams and been to a few practices and I know it is taught here in north texas. the problem is that until the refs take controll of the game on the field and quit worrying about the people watching it will only get worse. too many girls playing the person instead of the ball and someone will eventually get hurt and they are going to have to start callin it.

Not taking up for or calling out just stating fact.
fliptc
fliptc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 25/08/14, 11:50 am

DT Scott and DT Red played at the same time. So maybe it's one of these teams. I don't recall seeing this type of action, I mean fouling.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 25/08/14, 11:53 am

MoGoSoccer wrote:No, we never played against a Texans team. I did watch two of them play last weekend though. Slashing with their arms instead of hockey sticks. Thank you for the sports lesson though.

I was calling out the refs for their lack of ability or desire to blow their whistles.

Then tell us which two you watched? I know the one we played against wasn't terribly dirty and someone already said the Scott team isn't dirty (which we know to be true). If you want to do us all a service, call the team out not the club. At least we can use the information to warn our girls of potential injuries when/if we come up against them.

Also, I am in need of a sports lesson I guess - can you please explain what "slashing with the arms" would be?

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MoGoSoccer 25/08/14, 11:54 am

Why are you calling out SUZY? No Suzy did not get pushed. "Suzy" got chopped at the knees. Full extension of arms, jerseys held. Shoulder first then get the ball. Parents cheered. Very unfortunate. Glad to see a few other parents saw the same crap I did.

MoGoSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 11:54 am

Sooooooo MoGo, which one was it Scott or Red?

Back to top Go down

Post by MoGoSoccer 25/08/14, 12:02 pm

Neither.

MoGoSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 12:04 pm

MoGoSoccer wrote:Neither.

Huh, were you at the D3 games? SRFC vs. DT White? A lot of animation coming from those sidelines since the game was right next to ours...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 12:04 pm

MoGoSoccer wrote:Why are you calling out SUZY? No Suzy did not get pushed. "Suzy" got chopped at the knees. Full extension of arms, jerseys held. Shoulder first then get the ball.  Parents cheered. Very unfortunate. Glad to see a few other parents saw the same crap I did.

or suzy got knocked off the ball and went splat and the rec parents nearly crapped their pants, "my baby!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by MoGoSoccer 25/08/14, 12:10 pm

Obviously you are the type that teaches your kid to attack the body first then the ball. Wrong version of football. Thank you for proving my point that this behavior is taught.

MoGoSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerisfun 25/08/14, 12:11 pm

silentparent wrote:
MoGoSoccer wrote:Why are you calling out SUZY? No Suzy did not get pushed. "Suzy" got chopped at the knees. Full extension of arms, jerseys held. Shoulder first then get the ball.  Parents cheered. Very unfortunate. Glad to see a few other parents saw the same crap I did.

or suzy got knocked off the ball and went splat and the rec parents nearly crapped their pants, "my baby!!"

or you don't think there are any rules on the pitch and no contact is a foul

soccerisfun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 25/08/14, 12:14 pm

Cleansheets wrote:Sooooooo MoGo, which one was it Scott or Red?

Scott. I heard their keeper plays dirty Twisted Evil JK Sheets.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 12:16 pm

SoccerShocker wrote:
MoGoSoccer wrote:Neither.

Huh, were you at the D3 games?  SRFC vs. DT White?  A lot of animation coming from those sidelines since the game was right next to ours...
Ah yes, it had to be that White team. I hear they are a bunch of hooligans. Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 12:17 pm

soccerisfun wrote:
silentparent wrote:

or you don't think there are any rules on the pitch and no contact is a foul

i believe soccer is a contact sport and of course there are fouls, but people like you think any contact is a card or foul and that's just silly...not at all surprised this is posted in the 04 forum...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next