North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

End of Season Options Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

End of Season Options

Go down

End of Season Options Empty End of Season Options

Post by txscrparent 10/11/14, 08:53 am

As a new '04 family to select soccer, we are approaching the end of our fall season.  I have heard from families with older children that there is a time period between Dec-Jan where players can be released and possibly find new teams.  This sounds not 100% on the money for me.  Is there a time period where team reshuffling occurs?  We would like to search for new opportunities for our DD but don't know what the rules are for doing so.  Do we have to wait until May/June?  Any insight is appreciated.

txscrparent
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

End of Season Options Empty Re: End of Season Options

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 10/11/14, 09:21 am

txscrparent wrote:As a new '04 family to select soccer, we are approaching the end of our fall season.  I have heard from families with older children that there is a time period between Dec-Jan where players can be released and possibly find new teams.  This sounds not 100% on the money for me.  Is there a time period where team reshuffling occurs?  We would like to search for new opportunities for our DD but don't know what the rules are for doing so.  Do we have to wait until May/June?  Any insight is appreciated.
You can get a release at any time however, you lose any money paid to the current club and may be charged again when joining the new club.  You don't even have to wait till the winter break to request a release.  You can request it at ANY time.  The decision lies fully on the club and the coach as to whether they are willing to accommodate the release or not.  The problem with requesting a release is two fold, if the club and coach feels it's the best option and it's a mutually beneficial parting, you'll likely get the release without an issue.  However, if the player is a key player on the team and could adversely affect the rest of the season, the coach my not accept the request for release.  A lot of very negative things could happen by requesting that release, especially if they won't accommodate the release.

So you can request the release at any time, the question is whether the club will honor it or not.  The first week of July is when attending open tryouts is a natural process, previous contracts expire and new contracts are offered for the next season.
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kick_tha_ball 10/11/14, 09:31 am

txscrparent wrote:As a new '04 family to select soccer, we are approaching the end of our fall season.  I have heard from families with older children that there is a time period between Dec-Jan where players can be released and possibly find new teams.  This sounds not 100% on the money for me.  Is there a time period where team reshuffling occurs?  We would like to search for new opportunities for our DD but don't know what the rules are for doing so.  Do we have to wait until May/June?  Any insight is appreciated.

Look out for those teams that could use that pesky CPP...it could work against you.
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 10/11/14, 10:30 am

Just to clarify:

There are 2 kinds of releases:  a "rec" release and a "competitive" release. You will need a competitive release to transfer to another competitive team's roster. Sometimes clubs will negotiate on the full payment of dues, but most will not give the competitive release unless you have paid all of your dues. You can always get a rec release and wait until next July 1st to sign with another team.  If the club won't agree to the competitive release, you can appeal to NTX and you may still be able to get one.  Generally, it depends upon the circumstances. I will leave it up to others to comment on what circumstances would result in NTX granting a competitive release.  Obviously, it's best to work it out with your coach, if you can.

The rule is found at 3.10.7:

http://www.ntxsoccer.org/assets/pdfs/2014-2015_NTSSA_Bylaws_and_Rules1.pdf
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Havingfunyet 10/11/14, 11:03 am

Honestly I would wait it out until summer unless you know for sure where you want to go or your situation is that toxic that you need to move your DD now. Most teams are not going to take on another player unless they are real short or your DD is a super star. This will limit your options. However if you do it right you will have many teams she can check out and find the best fit for her. This I think will give her the best chance at success. Just my 2 cents.

Havingfunyet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 10/11/14, 02:32 pm

Havingfunyet wrote:Honestly I would wait it out until summer unless you know for sure where you want to go or your situation is that toxic that you need to move your DD now.  Most teams are not going to take on another player unless they are real short or your DD is a super star.  This will limit your options.  However if you do it right you will have many teams she can check out and find the best fit for her.  This I think will give her the best chance at success.  Just my 2 cents.  

I would agree, that unless the situation is intolerable, it is better to wait until Spring. If the coach figures out you are going to leave, the situation may get worse.. The chances of finding and catching onto a team that offers a better situation for the spring is not real good.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 10/11/14, 02:46 pm

Havingfunyet wrote:Honestly I would wait it out until summer unless you know for sure where you want to go or your situation is that toxic that you need to move your DD now.  Most teams are not going to take on another player unless they are real short or your DD is a super star.  This will limit your options.  However if you do it right you will have many teams she can check out and find the best fit for her.  This I think will give her the best chance at success.  Just my 2 cents.  

I think the decision is definitely a personal decision to be made on a cases by case basis. I've never had to go through that with my DD or BB, but know many who have. Hopefully, you've made every effort to communicate with your coach before taking that step.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rockindaddy 10/11/14, 02:50 pm

Assuming there is no abuse going on ( if there is you should not be asking a forum what to do) then I think it is best to wait it out until after the spring season.If it is a playing time or position of choice issue as these often are just keep in mind there are a lot of years ahead. If she is getting very little time and you are paid up then the coach would probably release her. But if she is getting close to half a game I would stay the course and take the spring to scout out other teams for her to try out in June. There is no right or wrong way.
rockindaddy
rockindaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBlazerTX 13/11/14, 08:27 pm

If you are in a Select team now you shouldn't try to make a move mid season. Any new team that DD gets on (provided you get the release), will have a Coach wondering if you will do the same thing to him and his team. It is best to stay and play out the entire season with the team you originally chose. Your DD will be leaving behind team members that probably depend on her and will harbor some ill feelings.

RedBlazerTX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 14/11/14, 09:22 pm

Lefty wrote:

I would agree, that unless the situation is intolerable, it is better to wait until Spring.  If the coach figures out you are going to leave, the situation may get worse.. The chances of finding and catching onto a team that offers a better situation for the spring is not real good.

Unless the individual player is actually the problem, I would have to disagree and say that there could be a better team situation for the spring.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 16/11/14, 02:17 pm

If you decide to stick it out through league play in the spring but would like to look for a new team afterwards, get a "release to rec" by April 1.  You may then freely practice and guest play with whoever will have you. (This does not mean that you have to play rec... just means you cannot sign with a competitive team until July 1.)  This relieves you of having to get the coach's permission to practice or guest-play with others, and a couple of extra months to look - HUGE advantage.
Otherwise, you have to wait until June for open practices or get coach's permission (good luck with the latter - people can be petty during a break-up).

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum