North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

CFBAL Spring News Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

CFBAL Spring News

Go down

CFBAL Spring News Empty CFBAL Spring News

Post by NicoleJames 19/11/14, 04:59 pm

Carrollton Farmers Branch Academy League (CFBAL) and the United Academy League (UAL) have come to a mutual agreement to combine leagues starting in the Spring of 2015. The expanded United Academy League will be directed and scheduled by Nicole James. Nicole James has built and managed the CFBAL since its inception and has grown the league exponentially due to her attention to detail, outstanding customer service and central focus on creating an academy league that’s driven to be the best environment for youth soccer players to develop and grow.

With this agreement we will be join the field resources of Carrollton and Farmers Branch with those of Frisco, Plano, Allen and McKinney.
This is a very exciting development for all of those who participated in CFBAL and UAL in the past, as this new league will open up new opportunities for teams to play games versus other evenly matched opponents as well it opens up new home field opportunities for teams throughout these areas and nearby cities.
From an administration perspective, Nicole James will direct the new UAL league registration and all scheduling. Each member association’s referee assignor will be assigning the referees for the games on their fields. The UAL teams will no longer pay the referee fee on the fields; the associations will be paying the referees directly.

In closing, we will be opening registration on Monday, November 24th!! We look forward to serving all of the CFBAL and United Academy League teams in this new United Academy League in 2015!

If you have any questions please feel free to send me an email, nicolej@hsp-tech.com

Thank you,
Nicole James
NicoleJames
NicoleJames
Original Supporting Member

http://www.performanceindoortraining.com

Back to top Go down

CFBAL Spring News Empty Re: CFBAL Spring News

Post by Gunner9 19/11/14, 05:02 pm

Will this new UAL post scores or no?

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoleJames 19/11/14, 05:04 pm

ALL scores for EACH division will be posted from now on.
NicoleJames
NicoleJames

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/11/14, 05:06 pm

Congrats CFBAL!!

Back to top Go down

Post by travelin light 19/11/14, 05:47 pm

CFBSA wrote:Carrollton Farmers Branch Academy League (CFBAL) and the United Academy League (UAL) have come to a mutual agreement to combine leagues starting in the Spring of 2015.  The expanded United Academy League will be directed and scheduled by Nicole James.  Nicole James has built and managed the CFBAL since its inception and has grown the league exponentially due to her attention to detail, outstanding customer service and central focus on creating an academy league that’s driven to be the best environment for youth soccer players to develop and grow.

With this agreement we will be join the field resources of Carrollton and Farmers Branch with those of Frisco, Plano, Allen and McKinney.
This is a very exciting development for all of those who participated in CFBAL and UAL in the past, as this new league will open up new opportunities for teams to play games versus other evenly matched opponents as well it opens up new home field opportunities for teams throughout these areas and nearby cities.
From an administration perspective, Nicole James will direct the new UAL league registration and all scheduling.  Each member association’s referee assignor will be assigning the referees for the games on their fields.  The UAL teams will no longer pay the referee fee on the fields; the associations will be paying the referees directly.

In closing, we will be opening registration on Monday, November 24th!!  We look forward to serving all of the CFBAL and United Academy League teams in this new United Academy League in 2015!

If you have any questions please feel free to send me an email, nicolej@hsp-tech.com

Thank you,
Nicole James

Wow - this is fantastic news! This will help bring in additional teams that reside in Denton & Collin counties.  Only request now is to increase the number of league games played from 8 to 10.  Thank you Nicole!
travelin light
travelin light
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 19/11/14, 08:51 pm

Keep everything cfbal... $ hitcan everything UAL...horrible league... will like playing close to home every now and then.

Congrats CFBAL on shutting down a competitor.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoleJames 19/11/14, 09:01 pm

CFBAL didn't shut anyone down - it was the best decision for each league.  I will direct and schedule the new league and provide the same service as I did before - I promise. Very Happy
NicoleJames
NicoleJames

Back to top Go down

Post by justsayin02 19/11/14, 09:34 pm

No one better to run the show! With Nicole at the helm this will be a very successful union. Congrats Nicole! Looking forward to hearing great things.
justsayin02
justsayin02
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/11/14, 10:34 pm

CFBSA wrote:CFBAL didn't shut anyone down - it was the best decision for each league.  I will direct and schedule the new league and provide the same service as I did before - I promise. Very Happy

Best move UAL has ever made

Congrats Nicole

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 19/11/14, 10:52 pm

This is fantastic news! Looking forward to a great spring season!
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/11/14, 07:55 am

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by ojx111 20/11/14, 12:07 pm

Just curious. Why did not CFBAL want to pay referee on field?
I do refereeing for PPL, Classic and occasional UAL (when nothing else going on). All games paid on field.
Never like to wait for a check.

BTW, what is the referee pay rate in CFBAL?

After merged, is it going to be UAL or CFBAL pay rate for referee if they are different?

ojx111
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 02B06G08B_Dad 20/11/14, 12:45 pm

Given the level of officiating in CFBAL I am not sure they pay their referee's at all.  By FAR the most consistently poor officiating of any league any of my 3 kids have been in.  I have been doing the academy / select thing for 7 years now.  Not a lifetime but not a newbie either.

I have never seen center refs so often and so consistently (game after game) ignore their AR's.  Offside calls, fouls, out of bounds constantly ignored or waved off by the center.  The first half of last season was terrible with parents getting upset and yelling at the center to look at his AR.  By the second half it got better as the AR's quit making calls all together and just deferred to the center and mirrored whatever they called.  We made the assumption that the centers told the AR’s just to stop calling anything and let them run the show, which most did without moving from the center circle.

These refs also did not seem to understand the level of the players that they were calling.  While I understand it is 06's, CFBAL had the best of the best last season and for a ref to get down on one knee and have a 3 minute explanation to a goalie as to why stepping out of the box was a handball when there is 5 minutes left in a 1-0 game is ridiculous.  That is something you do at a U5 rec league or the silver or bronze division.

In the future I would like the refs to understand the level that they are calling and know that the Platinum division is going to be more aggressive, faster and physical then the other divisions and to call it accordingly.

Nicole runs a great league, the level of organization and communication is top notch, but the ref development is completely lacking.  I have a son that played in Prime Time last season and saw on many occasions ref’s getting critiques after games by the head of officials from Prime Time.   I am in no way endorsing Prime Time, but their officiating was some of the best that I have encountered in any league and I think it is due to their development in this area.

02B06G08B_Dad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/11/14, 01:18 pm

02B06G08B_Dad wrote:I have a son that played in Prime Time last season and saw on many occasions ref’s getting critiques after games by the head of officials from Prime Time.   I am in no way endorsing Prime Time, but their officiating was some of the best that I have encountered in any league and I think it is due to their development in this area.

It was a good argument until you said that PrimeTime had some of the best officiating. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by ojx111 20/11/14, 01:50 pm

02B06G08B_Dad wrote:Given the level of officiating in CFBAL I am not sure they pay their referee's at all.  By FAR the most consistently poor officiating of any league any of my 3 kids have been in.  I have been doing the academy / select thing for 7 years now.  Not a lifetime but not a newbie either.

I have never seen center refs so often and so consistently (game after game) ignore their AR's.  Offside calls, fouls, out of bounds constantly ignored or waved off by the center.  The first half of last season was terrible with parents getting upset and yelling at the center to look at his AR.  By the second half it got better as the AR's quit making calls all together and just deferred to the center and mirrored whatever they called.  We made the assumption that the centers told the AR’s just to stop calling anything and let them run the show, which most did without moving from the center circle.

These refs also did not seem to understand the level of the players that they were calling.  While I understand it is 06's, CFBAL had the best of the best last season and for a ref to get down on one knee and have a 3 minute explanation to a goalie as to why stepping out of the box was a handball when there is 5 minutes left in a 1-0 game is ridiculous.  That is something you do at a U5 rec league or the silver or bronze division.

Not surprised. I don't think CFBAL has a good pool of referees. Most experienced and good referees are in ECNL, Pre-academy, Classic and PPL. Once I did one game for U-9 kids since no other older kids games were going on that day, a couple of parents came to thank me to control the game very well after game. They told me they wished to have me every game. In that game, I issued a yellow and the kids said this was the first yellow for their team. Com'n, that was the second to last game of the season.

ojx111
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 02B06G08B_Dad 20/11/14, 02:56 pm

Sho'nuff wrote:
02B06G08B_Dad wrote:I have a son that played in Prime Time last season and saw on many occasions ref’s getting critiques after games by the head of officials from Prime Time.   I am in no way endorsing Prime Time, but their officiating was some of the best that I have encountered in any league and I think it is due to their development in this area.

It was a good argument until you said that PrimeTime had some of the best officiating.  Laughing

I knew I would get flak for the PrimeTime comment... My experience there was with an 08 league. I just liked the critique and continued development that they seemed to be doing.

02B06G08B_Dad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by NicoleJames 20/11/14, 05:05 pm

02B - I know what game your speaking about and yes - I would have made a comment as well, but to bash ALL of my referees - OUCH that hurt!  I'm not going on this forum to tell you we had the BEST officiating in North Texas as that would be way off base.  With 225 teams, creating over 900 games - the assignor did the best with what was available.  I hope to see a difference this upcoming season.  Know I'm not one to have a head buried in the sand Smile
NicoleJames
NicoleJames

Back to top Go down

Post by 02B06G08B_Dad 21/11/14, 11:00 am

Nicole - sorry, I am not running you down. You run a great ship, you are active with this community and I think that is awesome, but there was not a single game I walked away from this season (win or lose) that I didn't think that the refs were just horrible. Maybe it was just (bad) luck of the draw and the 8 games we played are a very small sampling of the 900 games that you organized.

No league is perfect, no ref or coach or parent is perfect, I am an assistant on a U13 boys team in PPL-1 and have seen plenty of good and bad officiating and unreasonable parents and coaches, I might have even been one of them a time or two. I have been upset with calls only to review the film and realize that I was wrong. I am also one of the few coaches (assistant) that will go up to a ref after a well officiated game and tell him he did a good job.

For the 06G you have the hard part done, you have all the best teams in town in one league. If I didn't care I wouldn't say anything but I want to see this hold together until Select. It is a great group of well matched teams that all continue to get better.

02B06G08B_Dad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum