North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTXYesterday at 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texas Cup 04  - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Texas Cup 04

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Texas Cup 04  - Page 4 Empty Re: Texas Cup 04

Post by Sweet_feet99 04/12/14, 07:56 pm

Cleansheets wrote:Haven't you heard of a four leaf clover lol.

I like playing DTS and I like our chances vs either DT team. DTS, scrappy little team, they can push with the best of them (if provoked). Do they get lucky, sometimes. But do they play hard, heck yea. Gabe is a great coach and nothing like I thought he was like. That being said, Elite is still the team fo beat. But for how much longer.

Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/12/14, 10:40 pm

DTS vs TXS Clark goes pretty hard too...that Shawnee Championship (after the double overtime victory vs Pre-Sheets Scott) Game was one for the books especially for our keeper!!!
But this Spring will be interesting...some marquee matches will commence and make for some lively board banter!!

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 05/12/14, 08:46 am

Kix - can you shed any light on your last match up against Scott? I heard it was pretty one sided but you guys were able to get it done in the last 10 second on a corner.

This question isn't intended to put your performance in light only to confirm my opinion that Scott and South have started to separate from D'Feeters and Premier a little bit. I don't see much difference in teams when we play you or Scott and unfortunately I've never been able to see you guys play each other. Just curious as to how those two teams match up.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/12/14, 09:12 am

yellowcard5 wrote:Kix - can you shed any light on your last match up against Scott?  I heard it was pretty one sided but you guys were able to get it done in the last 10 second on a corner.  

This question isn't intended to put your performance in light only to confirm my opinion that Scott and South have started to separate from D'Feeters and Premier a little bit.  I don't see much difference in teams when we play you or Scott and unfortunately I've never been able to see you guys play each other. Just curious as to how those two teams match up.

It always a good one but we were on the winning side 2 times out of the last 2 times we plays so I think Scott came to round 3 ready to box and we came out to spar...at least that's how I viewed it...
The girls didn't bring their "elite" game that night... I think you maybe slightly off with your separation assessment...I think it's just a matter of matchups.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/12/14, 10:46 am

Used2bKix wrote:
yellowcard5 wrote:Kix - can you shed any light on your last match up against Scott?  I heard it was pretty one sided but you guys were able to get it done in the last 10 second on a corner.  

This question isn't intended to put your performance in light only to confirm my opinion that Scott and South have started to separate from D'Feeters and Premier a little bit.  I don't see much difference in teams when we play you or Scott and unfortunately I've never been able to see you guys play each other. Just curious as to how those two teams match up.

It always a good one but we were on the winning side 2 times out of the last 2 times we plays so I think Scott came to round 3 ready to box and we came out to spar...at least that's how I viewed it...
The girls didn't bring their "elite" game that night... I think you maybe slightly off with your separation assessment...I think it's just a matter of matchups.
From my perspective(Scott) I think South and Scott match up very well against one another. If you want to catch a good game, you will not be dissappointed in a South/Scott matchup thats for sure. I agree with Kix's assesment. It's a matchup thing. For example we have not lost to D'Feet in the last three meetings. Is it because we are that much better than them? No, we just matchup well against them. Same with us and South except the other way around. We got the monkey on our back when it comes to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 05/12/14, 11:32 am

I think the league standings and results pretty much say it all. We've all played basically the same schedule with 1 & 5 separated by 3 pts. The head to head matchups between those teams were close and could've gone either way with exception of Feet/Spirit and I think that was just one of those days that Spirit took off and our girls just played out of their minds. Sheets and Kix are right, matchups are key factors in those games and if one team can impose their will and style of play onto the other then that's usually the difference in that particular game. I just don't see how anyone can say that 1 or 2 teams have started to separate from the other 3 or 4. And Sheets, just to clarify, it's been a year since weve beaten Scott. Several ties but no wins. Why is that? Matchups and style of play.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by purezen 05/12/14, 02:34 pm

adufresne wrote:I think the league standings and results pretty much say it all. We've all played basically the same schedule with 1 & 5 separated by 3 pts. The head to head matchups between those teams were close and could've gone either way with exception of Feet/Spirit and I think that was just one of those days that Spirit took off and our girls just played out of their minds. Sheets and Kix are right, matchups are key factors in those games and if one team can impose their will and style of play onto the other then that's usually the difference in that particular game. I just don't see how anyone can say that 1 or 2 teams have started to separate from the other 3 or 4. And Sheets, just to clarify, it's been a year since weve beaten Scott. Several ties but no wins. Why is that? Matchups and style of play.

Very good assessment. Certain teams do things better than others and vice versa. There are also physical match ups at this age that can differ from just a few months. Within top 5-6 teams they are all really close. Some matchup better w others. All in all some exciting games that just make our kids better!
purezen
purezen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 05/12/14, 03:45 pm

MustangGT wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:
Used2bKix wrote:Ya know....I had half a mind to get it turnt up in here the other day but I declined...my better half told me to chill on it. Shux, I wish i would have gotten it cranked because it's been dead. Bar must be under new management by a bunch of conservative 50yr olds...

Should've, could've never got it done. C'mon man. Quit treading so lightly. Quick question, the entire is premier better than elite debate. Your team has played them both recently,,, 3-3 and 2-0. Your OPINION, -<---see how I did that. Who do you think is the better team.
It's a slow day at work and even slower on this board so I will bite and give my two cents. We beat Premier 1-0 at PLD but lost to Elite 2-0 in league play. My opinion, Elite is still the better team...when they want to be. What I mean by that is I have seen them play with methodical unrelenting precision and I have seen them let that mystic slip and get frazzled. They are still the team to beat. The benchmark team that is.

Sheets my man I would have to disagree with you. I believe Premier is the better team. Not that our little team is necessarily a good barometer, but having played both on back to back weekends in league play we were at least able to attack Elite (I use the word attack loosely), but unable to finish, where against Premier we couldn't even mount an attack. Elite is susceptible to speed on the back end, but make up for it with size and exceptional skill. Just splitting hairs though..

Still curious to hear who the DTS guest players were. Heard it was one of the guests who scored one of those goals, but respect to the Premier folks for not whining and making excuses and South folks not talking any noise after the fact. I guess it's realized that it's league play that provides the better measuring stick.

Curiosity killed the cat ya know. Guest players shall remain anonymous......ask kid. He prob doesn't even know who they were. Guess they weren't too big of a deal. On to the next tourney. As for my opinion, Elite is still the better team of the two.

Agree that Elite is the most lethal team in terms of attacking potential when they get going.

That being said, the "team to beat" for the 04 division is the only unbeaten team (even after playing Elite) for what must be over a year now is it?

Incidentally we have come very close to getting it done a couple of times!

I have to think it gets done at some point in Spring. No streak lasts forever!

I'm guessing you're just being humorous with your "team to beat" statement regarding South because to really mean that I would think you would have at least needed to play more than one opponent in LH league play this fall that's currently ranked in the top 7.

Last edited by KnKsDad on 08/12/14, 01:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To clarify my point)

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 05/12/14, 03:57 pm

Sweet_feet99 wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:
Sweet_feet99 wrote:
Used2bKix wrote:Ya know....I had half a mind to get it turnt up in here the other day but I declined...my better half told me to chill on it. Shux, I wish i would have gotten it cranked because it's been dead. Bar must be under new management by a bunch of conservative 50yr olds...

Should've, could've never got it done. C'mon man. Quit treading so lightly. Quick question, the entire is premier better than elite debate. Your team has played them both recently,,, 3-3 and 2-0. Your OPINION, -<---see how I did that. Who do you think is the better team.
It's a slow day at work and even slower on this board so I will bite and give my two cents. We beat Premier 1-0 at PLD but lost to Elite 2-0 in league play. My opinion, Elite is still the better team...when they want to be. What I mean by that is I have seen them play with methodical unrelenting precision and I have seen them let that mystic slip and get frazzled. They are still the team to beat. The benchmark team that is.

Sheets my man I would have to disagree with you. I believe Premier is the better team. Not that our little team is necessarily a good barometer, but having played both on back to back weekends in league play we were at least able to attack Elite (I use the word attack loosely), but unable to finish, where against Premier we couldn't even mount an attack. Elite is susceptible to speed on the back end, but make up for it with size and exceptional skill. Just splitting hairs though..

Still curious to hear who the DTS guest players were. Heard it was one of the guests who scored one of those goals, but respect to the Premier folks for not whining and making excuses and South folks not talking any noise after the fact. I guess it's realized that it's league play that provides the better measuring stick.

Curiosity killed the cat ya know. Guest players shall remain anonymous......ask kid. He prob doesn't even know who they were. Guess they weren't too big of a deal. On to the next tourney. As for my opinion, Elite is still the better team of the two.

Or maybe not so anonymous..ya know? Wink

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 05/12/14, 04:15 pm

PurplePonyPower wrote:I will now give JK credit for jumping in with Elite in U12 Red White & Blue next weekend. Where the rest of you at?

Just curious, why the teams playing up, tired of the same old competition? Perhaps if JK, Elite and Owen stayed age pure, it might have pulled in some more of the rest of us.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/12/14, 05:51 pm

It wouldn't have....coaches, parents, and players want and need certain breaks. And in about a 7 month span...on another note...defeeters is the only top 5 team DTS hasn't tied or beaten...because they haven't played each other since last falls SDL...but...it is what it is. Not getting defensive or anything but just know there is a method to the madness.

Will we get one in the loss column soon??..I can't say and I darn sure don't hope we do because if a loss feels anything like those ties we got or worse...oh the humanity!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/12/14, 05:57 pm

also...is a loss truly an indication of what team is better?

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 05/12/14, 07:39 pm

Used2bKix wrote:also...is a loss truly an indication of what team is better?

I'm going to assume this is a rhetorical question but the answer is definitely NO. Obviously, you have to look at a team's body of work over the course of a year and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what team "is better." I think you have to look at it individually. Is your kid getting better and is she playing on a team that can help her or him continue to get better. Cause let's face it....the only persons that care who is better is the parent. Kids just play.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo_Momma 06/12/14, 03:29 pm

During these early years 6-11 all that matters is who is consistently providing the best technical training in order to develop comfortably creative players AND is also teaching his team to always play soccer the right way (with the emphasis on passing and movement). Essentially, at this age parents should be evaluating coaches who have teams that consistently look to possess the ball and create scoring opportunities regardless of playing conditions and opponent's athleticism.
I think this significantly narrows the field in NTX!
Lobo_Momma
Lobo_Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 06/12/14, 06:22 pm

Lobo_Momma wrote:During these early years 6-11 all that matters is who is consistently providing the best technical training in order to develop comfortably creative players AND is also teaching his team to always play soccer the right way (with the emphasis on passing and movement). Essentially, at this age parents should be evaluating coaches who have teams that consistently look to possess the ball and create scoring opportunities regardless of playing conditions and opponent's athleticism.

Interesting point. I agree 100%. Poses another question in my mind tho...does passing and movement and possession mean drop it to your back line and boot it into the opponent's box? I don't know a lot about soccer, but I see a lot of teams try to do that.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by progressiveparent 06/12/14, 07:48 pm

cheers

progressiveparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 06/12/14, 08:44 pm

adufresne wrote:
Lobo_Momma wrote:During these early years 6-11 all that matters is who is consistently providing the best technical training in order to develop comfortably creative players AND is also teaching his team to always play soccer the right way (with the emphasis on passing and movement). Essentially, at this age parents should be evaluating coaches who have teams that consistently look to possess the ball and create scoring opportunities regardless of playing conditions and opponent's athleticism.

Interesting point. I agree 100%. Poses another question in my mind tho...does passing and movement and possession mean drop it to your back line and boot it into the opponent's box? I don't know a lot about soccer, but I see a lot of teams try to do that.

Or defend with 9 in the box.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 06/12/14, 11:49 pm

adufresne wrote:

That would mean having tall, athletic fwds that can chase the ball down. I've seen, I mean heard about coaches that pick players (or lose players) by looks.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4