North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11 - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11 - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier SuperCopa Girls - U11

Post by GO999 13/02/15, 10:35 am

GiantSpoon wrote:
go99 wrote:There you are with the parents again.  Well I guess at least your PARENTS are good.

Wow!  Did you hear that Odyssey Parents???  This guy just said your D1 team is NOT good.  I would be incensed.  Of course, considering the source maybe you shouldn't be.

I am not sure I would ever say another team in the top league in the area is not a good team.  It seems they've earned the right to feel good about their accomplishments thus far.  But hey, that's just me.  

DANG!!! Daddy Go just put it on you.

GO999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 13/02/15, 11:21 am

Was playing in u90 the only prerequisite for SuperCopa? (I realize that winning it was an auto qualify) Because if the prerequisite is to be a team worthy to represent and play at the highest level, then there are probably 5-10 teams that are worthy - certainly every bit as worthy as an Odyssey.

My gut feeling is that there are many teams in NTX that could beat, or at least strongly compete with, most any of these teams that they'll be bringing in from out of town. I would love for them to test my hypothesis, but they won't because having that many local teams won't bring in as much revenue as has been previously stated and would lead to a playoffs littered with NTX teams.

Furthermore, it is my belief that if the clubs here in NTX used a farm system type approach of having the best players in the club being on the top team at the pre-ECNL ages, which is my understanding of how many other areas of the country do it (correct me if I'm wrong on that), many of these other invited teams probably wouldn't stand a chance. It's probably better for local competition to have the talent more spread out though.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 13/02/15, 11:26 am

KnKsDad wrote:Was playing in u90 the only prerequisite for SuperCopa? (I realize that winning it was an auto qualify) Because if the prerequisite is to be a team worthy to represent and play at the highest level, then there are probably 5-10 teams that are worthy - certainly every bit as worthy as an Odyssey.

My gut feeling is that there are many teams in NTX that could beat, or at least strongly compete with, most any of these teams that they'll be bringing in from out of town. I would love for them to test my hypothesis, but they won't because having that many local teams won't bring in as much revenue as has been previously stated and would lead to a playoffs littered with NTX teams.

Furthermore, it is my belief that if the clubs here in NTX used a farm system type approach of having the best players in the club being on the top team at the pre-ECNL ages, which is my understanding of how many other areas of the country do it (correct me if I'm wrong on that), many of these other invited teams probably wouldn't stand a chance. It's probably better for local competition to have the talent more spread out though.

I believe fcd uses the farm system approach.
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Kit Wankers Beware 13/02/15, 11:29 am

soccerchicken wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:Was playing in u90 the only prerequisite for SuperCopa? (I realize that winning it was an auto qualify) Because if the prerequisite is to be a team worthy to represent and play at the highest level, then there are probably 5-10 teams that are worthy - certainly every bit as worthy as an Odyssey.

...and you see where that gets them.
Full Kit Wankers Beware
Full Kit Wankers Beware
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 13/02/15, 11:40 am

Full Kit Wankers Beware wrote:
soccerchicken wrote:

So, is that an indictment of the farm system, or fcd?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 13/02/15, 11:40 am

Multiple levels of teams and many different coaching styles. Isn't that what were talking about?
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Kit Wankers Beware 13/02/15, 11:55 am

SickofSilliness wrote:
Full Kit Wankers Beware wrote:
soccerchicken wrote:

So, is that an indictment of the farm system, or fcd?

Just an observation.  Don't know if they run a true farm system but would guess not due to many factors.
Full Kit Wankers Beware
Full Kit Wankers Beware
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 13/02/15, 12:06 pm

The level of training and play can be intense so some may choose to look elsewhere, which might be what you did. Its understandable.
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/15, 12:08 pm

Farm system is fine. Building a team is more complicated than that. A good team is more than the sum of its parts, and a bunch of stars cobbled together doesn't necessarily make a great team. Love the skills, love the heart, love the guts, but check your ego at the door. I think it's easier when the kids are young. The older they get, the more complex it all becomes. If simply buying the best talent was the trick, then the Yankee's would have won 40 World Series in a row.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad 13/02/15, 01:56 pm

go99 wrote:and for the record I think they are one of the better playing (stylewise) teams in NTX very well coached.

So Giant spoon while DTS and elite may have mean, crazy, out of contol parents that are not to the level of ODY we both have better teams and thats why we are in the supercopa.  

Hows that for pot stirring?

Go - what's up! I am not sure if Giant Spoon is an Odyssey Parent or not (couldn't tell).

My experience as an Odyssey parent is that Elite's parents, for the most part, are composed and set good examples for their kids. My last two experiences with DTS parents is completely opposite - let's just say I can see why their girls act the way they do (e.g. backtalking to refs and parents of the opposing team, cursing, WWE physical play, the crazy mom, etc). I am sure there are quality parents on DTS, unfortunately the loud, obnoxious ones make it impossible to identify the good ones. That being said, DTS and Elite are both better teams than Odyssey right now. DTS is more athletic (amazing speed up top) and Elite is more technical and skilled. That being said, our girls are learning the game the right way from a great coach and improving each week. We aren't concerned about making SuperCopa - I am sure we would play in it if invited. Our focus is playing a strong spring season so we can qualify for D1 (which is not locked in place yet). By qualifying for D1, this will give the girls another year to play against y'all, DTS, DT-Scott, Feet, Spirit, & Premiere. Our girls only improve when they play against top competition, regardless of how their opponents parents act or behave.
Peak_Performance_Dad
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad 13/02/15, 02:00 pm

soccerisfun wrote:At least Feet Black tied the 05s - and placed 2nd in the toughest bracket.

For the record, Odyssey tied the 05s 1-1 in regulation.  Lost in PKs 3-1.  All 04 parents should know that when the top team from the 05s plays up, they are going to give it their all.  The girls need to be mentally prepared like they are playing a top 5 team from the same age.
Peak_Performance_Dad
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GO999 13/02/15, 02:34 pm

Dang!!!!Peak....Daddy go...Daddy go..where'd ya go?
GO999
GO999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/15, 02:38 pm

well when u play DTS in the next few weeks stay in the car...

Back to top Go down

Post by GO999 13/02/15, 03:00 pm

Used2bKix wrote:well when u play DTS in the next few weeks stay in the car...

Usually does stay in the car in case you all lose and start flipping cars.
GO999
GO999
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad 13/02/15, 03:09 pm

Used2bKix wrote:well when u play DTS in the next few weeks stay in the car...

Ha - don't worry, I will be watching along with the rest of our parents from the sidelines. As long as y'all don't pull guns, we don't have anything to be fear. Razz Cool

More concerned for our girls getting blatantly fouled and leaving the fields on stretchers. Suspect
Peak_Performance_Dad
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Looking04 13/02/15, 03:15 pm

cheers

Don't make 'em mad - they will sick that angry mama on you!

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/15, 03:31 pm

damn...none of the good teams give us flack like this...
Blatant fouls??
Just roll with that one, I can see the logic behind your rebuttal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad 13/02/15, 03:52 pm

Used2bKix wrote:damn...none of the good teams give us flack like this...
Blatant fouls??

Kix - it's all good. Y'all have a top 3 team and the athleticism to win consistently. I am sure your team will be on their game when we play in league - the only request I have is no yellow cards this time and a little sportsmanship from both teams and all parents on both sides. Fair enough? Smile
Peak_Performance_Dad
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 13/02/15, 04:09 pm

Peak_Performance_Dad wrote:
Used2bKix wrote:damn...none of the good teams give us flack like this...
Blatant fouls??

Kix - it's all good.  Y'all have a top 3 team and the athleticism to win consistently.  I am sure your team will be on their game when we play in league - the only request I have is no yellow cards this time and a little sportsmanship from both teams and all parents on both sides.  Fair enough? Smile

Kix? Kix!?!
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/15, 04:11 pm

I would say agreed but I don't agree with what you are inferring. But I'll leave it alone...tis' what it tis'?!

I remember leaving DSP along side an Odyssey parent and DD and the young lady told each other good game and I exchanged muffled smile and head nod with her dad...poof, I guess that's why all this talk eludes me a bit. ::Kanye Shrug::

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 13/02/15, 04:23 pm

Used2bKix wrote:I would say agreed but I don't agree with what you are inferring. But I'll leave it alone...tis' what it tis'?!

I remember leaving DSP along side an Odyssey parent and DD and the young lady told each other good game and I exchanged muffled smile and head nod with her dad...poof, I guess that's why all this talk eludes me a bit. ::Kanye Shrug::

Yeah and then you told the od kid if she ever won a Grammy she didn't deserve it.
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad 13/02/15, 04:29 pm

Used2bKix wrote:I would say agreed but I don't agree with what you are inferring. But I'll leave it alone...tis' what it tis'?!

You're a good man, Kix. The reality is our girls would love to play y'all every week. It only makes them tougher and better. All antics aside, DTS is a great team.
Peak_Performance_Dad
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/15, 04:43 pm

Thanks. We don't sleep on Odyssey...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/15, 04:48 pm

soccerchicken wrote:

Yeah and then you told the od kid if she ever won a Grammy she didn't deserve it.
Yeah...she needs to give it to Beyonce.

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 13/02/15, 07:30 pm

go99 wrote:
soccerisfun wrote:At least Feet Black tied the 05s - and placed 2nd in the toughest bracket.

I am expecting feet to come out and put on a good show this weekend.  Calling last weekend a one off.  I called the possible scott 05 upset.  THe huge shocker was feet.  Late entry, overlooking? not sure

One off? Shocker? I don't follow but I guess I'm just a little biased. If you're referring to the game vs Solar, IMO(for what that's worth) we weren't ready to play and they were. If I'm being honest, we were lucky to hold on to a tie toward the end. They basically outplayed us. There were some extenuating circumstances there but it is what it is. We didn't give up a goal all weekend in the toughest bracket so I'd say we did alright, but what do I know?

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/02/15, 07:43 pm

adufresne wrote:
go99 wrote:

I am expecting feet to come out and put on a good show this weekend.  Calling last weekend a one off.  I called the possible scott 05 upset.  THe huge shocker was feet.  Late entry, overlooking? not sure

One off? Shocker? I don't follow but I guess I'm just a little biased. If you're referring to the game vs Solar, IMO(for what that's worth) we weren't ready to play and they were. If I'm being honest, we were lucky to hold on to a tie toward the end. They basically outplayed us. There were some extenuating circumstances there but it is what it is. We didn't give up a goal all weekend in the toughest bracket so I'd say we did alright, but what do I know?
Adufresne...you're not gonna get any mercy from this bunch. Don't do well against the kindergarteners...yeah your team is pretty much through. But hey, at least you guys tied 'em.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next