North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15040 registered users
The newest registered user is Zoonwen

Our users have posted a total of 203400 messages in 30815 subjects

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by SickofStupidity 20/01/15, 01:39 pm

TXSoccerMommy wrote:OK someone corrected me apparently FC Dallas Hanlon has vanished from the soccer earth...  affraid

Anyone missing from the Platinum list?  DT SOUTH I see you signed up for TGPL...  Want to play UAL too?  

05 Girls:
Platinum
Solar Pulpaneck
LFCA RASE Premier
FC Dallas 05G Premier
Dallas Texans Mid-Cities 05 - Molano
Dallas Rush Voutier
Dallas Texans Farley
Solar Abbott 05
LFCA RASE Elite
D’Feeters 05 Abouzar
Sting Diaz-05 Black
Lady Aztecs FC 05 Blue
Sting Central 05 Parsons
Sting Blue 05 Scarfone

Gold
Fever United 05 Penn
Sting East Gray
NTFC Green Marshall
NTFC 05 Black
Fort Worth FC White
FC Dallas 05 Roach
Sting North Blue 05G Garrett
LFCA 05 Girls Fowler
Mustangs FC 05 – Bussey
Andromeda FC 05G Rundell

Silver A
Andromeda FC McMullan Too
Solar FC 05 Royal
Andromeda FC West Red
FC Dallas Shepard 05
Sting White 05 Scarfone
Andromeda FC 05G West Blue
Warriors FC 05G Red
Sting 06 Scarfone Blue


Silver B
Frisco Fusion 05G
Andromeda FC 05G McMullan
Warriors FC 05G Black

05G 9v9
Gold

Solar Black 06G Byars
Andromeda FC McMullan




How did FC Dallas manage to lose a top 20 team?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 934
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by TatonkaBurger 20/01/15, 01:42 pm

bwgophers wrote:...and Nicole pulls off the Triple Lindy!!!   Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

DTS05 in da UAL house!

Scissors just kicked his poor dog... again.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1176
Points : 4446
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by futbollove 20/01/15, 02:15 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:
TXSoccerMommy wrote:OK someone corrected me apparently FC Dallas Hanlon has vanished from the soccer earth...  affraid

Anyone missing from the Platinum list?  DT SOUTH I see you signed up for TGPL...  Want to play UAL too?  

05 Girls:
Platinum
Solar Pulpaneck
LFCA RASE Premier
FC Dallas 05G Premier
Dallas Texans Mid-Cities 05 - Molano
Dallas Rush Voutier
Dallas Texans Farley
Solar Abbott 05
LFCA RASE Elite
D’Feeters 05 Abouzar
Sting Diaz-05 Black
Lady Aztecs FC 05 Blue
Sting Central 05 Parsons
Sting Blue 05 Scarfone

Gold
Fever United 05 Penn
Sting East Gray
NTFC Green Marshall
NTFC 05 Black
Fort Worth FC White
FC Dallas 05 Roach
Sting North Blue 05G Garrett
LFCA 05 Girls Fowler
Mustangs FC 05 – Bussey
Andromeda FC 05G Rundell

Silver A
Andromeda FC McMullan Too
Solar FC 05 Royal
Andromeda FC West Red
FC Dallas Shepard 05
Sting White 05 Scarfone
Andromeda FC 05G West Blue
Warriors FC 05G Red
Sting 06 Scarfone Blue


Silver B
Frisco Fusion 05G
Andromeda FC 05G McMullan
Warriors FC 05G Black

05G 9v9
Gold

Solar Black 06G Byars
Andromeda FC McMullan




How did FC Dallas manage to lose a top 20 team?  
Because FC Dallas hates girls!! Razz Razz
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 680
Points : 4429
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by soccerchicken 20/01/15, 03:08 pm

futbollove wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:
TXSoccerMommy wrote:OK someone corrected me apparently FC Dallas Hanlon has vanished from the soccer earth...  affraid

Anyone missing from the Platinum list?  DT SOUTH I see you signed up for TGPL...  Want to play UAL too?  

05 Girls:
Platinum
Solar Pulpaneck
LFCA RASE Premier
FC Dallas 05G Premier
Dallas Texans Mid-Cities 05 - Molano
Dallas Rush Voutier
Dallas Texans Farley
Solar Abbott 05
LFCA RASE Elite
D’Feeters 05 Abouzar
Sting Diaz-05 Black
Lady Aztecs FC 05 Blue
Sting Central 05 Parsons
Sting Blue 05 Scarfone

Gold
Fever United 05 Penn
Sting East Gray
NTFC Green Marshall
NTFC 05 Black
Fort Worth FC White
FC Dallas 05 Roach
Sting North Blue 05G Garrett
LFCA 05 Girls Fowler
Mustangs FC 05 – Bussey
Andromeda FC 05G Rundell

Silver A
Andromeda FC McMullan Too
Solar FC 05 Royal
Andromeda FC West Red
FC Dallas Shepard 05
Sting White 05 Scarfone
Andromeda FC 05G West Blue
Warriors FC 05G Red
Sting 06 Scarfone Blue


Silver B
Frisco Fusion 05G
Andromeda FC 05G McMullan
Warriors FC 05G Black

05G 9v9
Gold

Solar Black 06G Byars
Andromeda FC McMullan




How did FC Dallas manage to lose a top 20 team?  
Because FC Dallas hates girls!! Razz Razz


They Love girl$!  They just hate Lake Highlands!  affraid


Last edited by soccer chuck on 20/01/15, 03:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 171
Points : 2846
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by Looking04 20/01/15, 03:16 pm

They just made the decision to focus their resources . . . elsewhere.

But I can't believe they let that many checks head out the door! Shocked


Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 2641
Join date : 2015-01-07

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by Looking04 20/01/15, 03:57 pm

And what happened to Brent Erwin?  

Didn't he used to have the 2 05 Premier teams?

Now it looks like Clarke and Ring?  Have they taken over these teams?

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 2641
Join date : 2015-01-07

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by Soccernutz05 20/01/15, 04:48 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:
TXSoccerMommy wrote:OK someone corrected me apparently FC Dallas Hanlon has vanished from the soccer earth...  affraid

Anyone missing from the Platinum list?  DT SOUTH I see you signed up for TGPL...  Want to play UAL too?  

05 Girls:
Platinum
Solar Pulpaneck
LFCA RASE Premier
FC Dallas 05G Premier
Dallas Texans Mid-Cities 05 - Molano
Dallas Rush Voutier
Dallas Texans Farley
Solar Abbott 05
LFCA RASE Elite
D’Feeters 05 Abouzar
Sting Diaz-05 Black
Lady Aztecs FC 05 Blue
Sting Central 05 Parsons
Sting Blue 05 Scarfone

Gold
Fever United 05 Penn
Sting East Gray
NTFC Green Marshall
NTFC 05 Black
Fort Worth FC White
FC Dallas 05 Roach
Sting North Blue 05G Garrett
LFCA 05 Girls Fowler
Mustangs FC 05 – Bussey
Andromeda FC 05G Rundell

Silver A
Andromeda FC McMullan Too
Solar FC 05 Royal
Andromeda FC West Red
FC Dallas Shepard 05
Sting White 05 Scarfone
Andromeda FC 05G West Blue
Warriors FC 05G Red
Sting 06 Scarfone Blue


Silver B
Frisco Fusion 05G
Andromeda FC 05G McMullan
Warriors FC 05G Black

05G 9v9
Gold

Solar Black 06G Byars
Andromeda FC McMullan




How did FC Dallas manage to lose a top 20 team?  

Sting isn't complaining if the rumors are true Smile














Soccernutz05
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 2888
Join date : 2013-12-02

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by Guest 21/01/15, 06:16 am

I am no league admin, but what if instead of 14 in one bracket and 20 in another, why not just go 10 per bracket and call it D1, D2, D3, PPL1, PPL2 etc...  Ok silly idea I know or is it... Rolling Eyes

05 Girls:
Platinum

Solar Pulpaneck
LFCA RASE Premier
FC Dallas 05G Premier
Dallas Texans Mid-Cities 05 - Molano
Dallas Rush Voutier
Dallas Texans Dynamo 05
Solar Abbott 05
LFCA RASE Elite
D’Feeters 05 Abouzar
Sting Diaz-05 Black
Lady Aztecs FC 05 Blue
Sting Central 05 Parsons
Sting Blue 05 Scarfone
DTS 05 (Adames)

Gold
Fever United 05 Penn
Sting East Gray
NTFC Green Marshall
NTFC 05 Black
Fort Worth FC White
FC Dallas 05 Roach
Sting North Blue 05G Garrett
LFCA 05 Girls Fowler
Mustangs FC 05 – Bussey
Andromeda FC 05G Rundell
LFCA 05 Girls McManaman
Andromeda FC 05G Haylock
Dallas Texans South 05 Red
Sting Academy West 05 Robles
NTFC 05 White Raiet
FC Dallas Shepard 05G
05G Blue Ring
Magenta 06
FC Dallas 05G TenBrink Gold
FC Divas 05G


Silver A
Andromeda FC McMullan Too
Solar FC 05 Royal
Andromeda FC West Red
FC Dallas Shepard 05
Sting White 05 Scarfone
Andromeda FC 05G West Blue
Warriors FC 05G Red
Sting 06 Scarfone Blue
Solar Red '06
Sting North 05 Garrett White
STORM BLUE FC- Lollar 05
Raptors FC
FC Dallas 05G Tenbrink
FC Dallas 05G Ciro-Red
FC Divas Victoria

Silver B
Frisco Fusion 05G
Andromeda FC 05G McMullan
Warriors FC 05G Black
Katz United
McKinney United
Mesquite SA 90's
FC Frisco Storm 05G Black
Andromeda FC 05G McMullan Too

05G 9v9
Gold

Solar Black 06G Byars
Andromeda FC McMullan
Mustangs FC 05
Waco Lightning 05G – Saturday play only
ELITE SCHOOL OF SOCCER 06G WHITE
FC Dallas 05G Ciro-Blue

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by soccerjack 21/01/15, 08:29 am

TXSoccerMommy wrote:I am no league admin, but what if instead of 14 in one bracket and 20 in another, why not just go 10 per bracket and call it D1, D2, D3, PPL1, PPL2 etc...  Ok silly idea I know or is it...  Rolling Eyes

05 Girls:
Platinum

Solar Pulpaneck
LFCA RASE Premier
FC Dallas 05G Premier
Dallas Texans Mid-Cities 05 - Molano
Dallas Rush Voutier
Dallas Texans Dynamo 05
Solar Abbott 05
LFCA RASE Elite
D’Feeters 05 Abouzar
Sting Diaz-05 Black
Lady Aztecs FC 05 Blue
Sting Central 05 Parsons
Sting Blue 05 Scarfone
DTS 05 (Adames)

Gold
Fever United 05 Penn
Sting East Gray
NTFC Green Marshall
NTFC 05 Black
Fort Worth FC White
FC Dallas 05 Roach
Sting North Blue 05G Garrett
LFCA 05 Girls Fowler
Mustangs FC 05 – Bussey
Andromeda FC 05G Rundell
LFCA 05 Girls McManaman
Andromeda FC 05G Haylock
Dallas Texans South 05 Red
Sting Academy West 05 Robles
NTFC 05 White Raiet
FC Dallas Shepard 05G
05G Blue Ring
Magenta 06
FC Dallas 05G TenBrink Gold
FC Divas 05G


Silver A
Andromeda FC McMullan Too
Solar FC 05 Royal
Andromeda FC West Red
FC Dallas Shepard 05
Sting White 05 Scarfone
Andromeda FC 05G West Blue
Warriors FC 05G Red
Sting 06 Scarfone Blue
Solar Red '06
Sting North 05 Garrett White
STORM BLUE FC- Lollar 05
Raptors FC
FC Dallas 05G Tenbrink
FC Dallas 05G Ciro-Red
FC Divas Victoria

Silver B
Frisco Fusion 05G
Andromeda FC 05G McMullan
Warriors FC 05G Black
Katz United
McKinney United
Mesquite SA 90's
FC Frisco Storm 05G Black
Andromeda FC 05G McMullan Too

05G 9v9
Gold

Solar Black 06G Byars
Andromeda FC McMullan
Mustangs FC 05
Waco Lightning 05G – Saturday play only
ELITE SCHOOL OF SOCCER 06G WHITE
FC Dallas 05G Ciro-Blue

That's actually a great idea...Maybe have a qualify/placement tournament...have the kids sign a contract so we know who's who and they can't jump around. Let's call one league Lake Highlands. I bet if we do this the coaches/clubs can charge about $3k a year...... lol!
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 994
Points : 3685
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by TxKpr 21/01/15, 08:56 am

LOL!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TxKpr
TxKpr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 95
Points : 2785
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by Guest 22/01/15, 06:12 am

Wow, did I ever miss something...

05 Girls:
Platinum
Solar Pulpaneck
LFCA RASE Premier  - Who is this?  Liverpool Gerrard?
FC Dallas 05G Premier
Dallas Texans Mid-Cities 05 - Molano
Dallas Rush Voutier
Dallas Texans Dynamo 05  -  So Farley gave up and handed this to Mr Dynamo himself...?  scratch Will he move them to Gold?
Solar Abbott 05
LFCA RASE Elite  -  How is this Liverpool Hyppia?
D’Feeters 05 Abouzar
Sting Diaz-05 Black
Lady Aztecs FC 05 Blue
Sting Central 05 Parsons
Sting Blue 05 Scarfone
DTS 05 (Adames) - Welcome!   cheers

Gold
Fever United 05 Penn
Sting East Gray
NTFC Green Marshall
NTFC 05 Black
Fort Worth FC White
FC Dallas 05 Roach
Sting North Blue 05G Garrett
LFCA 05 Girls Fowler
Mustangs FC 05 – Bussey
Andromeda FC 05G Rundell
LFCA 05 Girls McManaman
Andromeda FC 05G Haylock
Dallas Texans South 05 Red
Sting Academy West 05 Robles
NTFC 05 White Raiet
FC Dallas Shepard 05G
05G Blue Ring
Magenta 06
FC Dallas 05G TenBrink Gold
FC Divas 05G

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by TatonkaBurger 22/01/15, 04:53 pm

If the name changes were done for intimidation purposes, then consider me thoroughly intimidated.  My DD probably won't care though.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1176
Points : 4446
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by ShelleyFRN 23/01/15, 09:48 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:If the name changes were done for intimidation purposes, then consider me thoroughly intimidated.  My DD probably won't care though.

Mine won't care either. She just wants to see her friends and former teammates. She knows who to watch for regardless of their team name. I'm just trying to keep it straight in my head so I know who we are playing. Actually I think the name changes are just to screw with bwgophers FBR rankings. :-) And to confuse and jumble the LH brackets. Twisted Evil
ShelleyFRN
ShelleyFRN
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 12
Points : 3588
Join date : 2012-01-12

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by Kessinger 23/01/15, 03:27 pm

SickofSilliness,

You asked - How did FC Dallas manage to lose a top 20 team?

They didn't lose a top 20 team. Hanlon quit on her team (and right before Select no less) and the players are all looking for new homes. Pretty sad and pathetic move.

Kessinger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 15
Points : 2592
Join date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by jogobonito06 23/01/15, 03:45 pm

Kessinger wrote:SickofSilliness,

You asked - How did FC Dallas manage to lose a top 20 team?

They didn't lose a top 20 team.  Hanlon quit on her team (and right before Select no less) and the players are all looking for new homes.  Pretty sad and pathetic move.

Can't be. Just a few months ago, this board was proposing her for sainthood. Shocked
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 354
Points : 2929
Join date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by SickofStupidity 23/01/15, 03:48 pm

If that is the case, then

(1) does Hanlon still work for FC Dallas?

(2) if so, didn't the FC Dallas Youth Director and others know / approve of her leaving a team that had a good chance of making LH D1? and

(3) what action did FC Dallas take to quickly replace her with a competent coach?


I mean, wouldn't it make sense for that program to do everything possible to retain a likely D1 team?  If they knew Hanlon, for whatever reason, had decided to leave the team of that caliber, shouldn't they have had a high-quality replacement coach at her last practice to try and salvage the team?

I know, there are at least 2 sides to every story - how much responsibility does Hanlon have?  Sounds like the club dropped the ball as well? Do they care?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 934
Points : 3668
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by Guest 23/01/15, 05:57 pm

Welcome to NTX competitive club soccer SoS. This sort of stuff happens all the time, and none of the "big" clubs is impervious to it.

At least the girls from this team have 6 months to find a new home before select rolls around.

When the '01's went select, there was a Sting team that was consensus top 15, who's coach quit on them with zero warning on June 1st. Sting immediately offered them another coach, but too many of the parents didn't like the choice Sting gave them, and the team splintered and scattered.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by Uncanny 24/01/15, 12:09 am

bwgophers wrote:Welcome to NTX competitive club soccer SoS.  This sort of stuff happens all the time, and none of the "big" clubs is impervious to it.

At least the girls from this team have 6 months to find a new home before select rolls around.

When the '01's went select, there was a Sting team that was consensus top 15, who's coach quit on them with zero warning on June 1st.  Sting immediately offered them another coach, but too many of the parents didn't like the choice Sting gave them, and the team splintered and scattered.

If I've followed the posts correctly a good portion of Hanlon's team has found a home at Sting under Bruno Ferretti. FCD may not have been willing or able to replace Hanlon with a competent coach, but I don't believe they could've found one better than Bruno anyway.  The amount of coaching experience he brings is hard to find in this, or any age group.

A really good team got away from a really  big club, it's not news...FCD has a way of screwing up just like every club does! If your daughter is on this team it must really suck to have this happen now,  but your girls are in great hands with Bruno...he truly is one of the best around! If I had an '05 I know where she'd be playing....

Uncanny
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 6
Points : 3031
Join date : 2013-07-17

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by otip 24/01/15, 11:11 am

Hanlon's team might not be the only FCD team that implodes because of coaching changes. I won't be complaining if we got round off our roster with a couple of Thompson's, no...I mean Jesse, wrong again, Erwin... still wrong, Clark's girls.

otip
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Points : 2658
Join date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by Duped 18/04/15, 05:09 pm

RunningWithScissors wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:I believe it's called Farmers Branch.  But thanks.

UAL is guaranteeing 6 games on their website and NJ is guaranteeing 8. The home team gets to choose the location (Farmers Branch, Allen, McKinney, Frisco) and if playing Saturday or Sunday. NJ will work schedules around LHG tournament and both weekends of Spring Break.

The spring season is shorter than the fall. NJ doesn't have control of all of the fields and when they close for rain, teams in the same division come from all over and don't agree on which day to play, and most teams have coaches with more than one team and conflicts with Premier and Classic leagues. Plus, NJ schedules a couple of rec leagues.

It seems like a lot of promises and question marks.

RWS was correct in their observation, and NJ had to know she could not guarantee 8 games. CFBSA website even said (All teams will be scheduled to play 8 games, guaranteed 6.). I realize that no one can control mother nature, but CFBAL/UAL is now the only league who will not get their 8 games, even though NJ spammed the forum daily with:

CFBSA wrote:Don't delay in registering your team –ONLY XX DAYS LEFT! Register today and pay the league fee by the 23rd of January.

To register: https://events.gotsport.com/forms/app/Default.aspx?EventID=43091
Visit www.cfbsoccer.net for information or contact Nicole James nicolej@hsp-tech.com
Oh and for those who’ve registered with me in the past know every team will play their 8 games as that’s what you’ve paid for.

I think it was obvious the league had grown too big and it wasn't hard to predict that not every team would get their 8 games. It just proves bigger is not always better, and you shouldn't make promises on anything you do not have complete control over. That is all RWS was pointing out when Tatonka and NJ got defensive. Oh well there is always next season.

Duped
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 4
Points : 2387
Join date : 2015-04-18

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by Guest 18/04/15, 07:57 pm

Duped wrote:
RunningWithScissors wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:I believe it's called Farmers Branch.  But thanks.

UAL is guaranteeing 6 games on their website and NJ is guaranteeing 8. The home team gets to choose the location (Farmers Branch, Allen, McKinney, Frisco) and if playing Saturday or Sunday. NJ will work schedules around LHG tournament and both weekends of Spring Break.

The spring season is shorter than the fall. NJ doesn't have control of all of the fields and when they close for rain, teams in the same division come from all over and don't agree on which day to play, and most teams have coaches with more than one team and conflicts with Premier and Classic leagues. Plus, NJ schedules a couple of rec leagues.

It seems like a lot of promises and question marks.

RWS was correct in their observation, and NJ had to know she could not guarantee 8 games.  CFBSA website even said (All teams will be scheduled to play 8 games, guaranteed 6.).  I realize that no one can control mother nature, but CFBAL/UAL is now the only league who will not get their 8 games, even though NJ spammed the forum daily with:

CFBSA wrote:Don't delay in registering your team –ONLY XX DAYS LEFT! Register today and pay the league fee by the 23rd of January.

To register: https://events.gotsport.com/forms/app/Default.aspx?EventID=43091
Visit www.cfbsoccer.net for information or contact Nicole James nicolej@hsp-tech.com
Oh and for those who’ve registered with me in the past know every team will play their 8 games as that’s what you’ve paid for.

I think it was obvious the league had grown too big and it wasn't hard to predict that not every team would get their 8 games.  It just proves bigger is not always better, and you shouldn't make promises on anything you do not have complete control over.  That is all RWS was pointing out when Tatonka and NJ got defensive.  Oh well there is always next season.


To be fair, thanks to the rain, teams in other leagues will not get their 8 games. BUT, only NJ was adamant that all UAL teams will get their 8 games, despite the UAL website guaranteeing only 6 games. PT has a rainout policy for teams that don't play 8 games that gives a credit to one of their 3 tournaments in May, so at least they get something out of this mess.


CFBAL was growing and needed fields. UAL was struggling for a good scheduler and teams. It seemed like a good match, but it was a team/money grab of the highest order. As predicted, NJ has no control of the weather nor the fields outside of CFBAL. Lesson learned by all parties, I hope.  


"Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash"
- Stinger
Top Gun

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by Guest 18/04/15, 09:50 pm

You folks want to string up the best LD in recent memory for over-commitment on the # of games guaranteed during what is turning out to be the first or second wettest period in NTX in the past 6 years, go ahead...

...but to blame this on UAL becoming "too big" just shows how ignorant you are.

Let me clue you in on something... All of those academy teams were going to have to sign up somewhere, and in case you hadn't noticed, there's a limited supply of fields available in NTX. If half of the teams in UAL signed up to play in PTCL or SDL instead this Spring, you'd be ripping into those leagues the same as UAL, because ALL of them (including a smaller UAL because they wouldn't have contracted with all of the additional facilities that they did this Spring, a different league would have) would be having the same issues.

Many of you may not remember, or may not have been in position to pay attention to it, but the last time this happened was fall of 2009, and back then, everyone was ripping SDL for the same issue. However, since Spring of 2010, we've been in the midst of a 5-year drought (with the exception of a very rainy Dec '11-March '12 that had little impact because most of it occurred in between outdoor seasons), and you've heard very little hand wringing over this issue during that time. Imagine that.

Mother Nature won this Spring. Doesn't matter what league you did, or should have, signed up for this Spring. Nothing more... nothing less...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by TatonkaBurger 18/04/15, 09:55 pm

bwgophers wrote:You folks want to string up the best LD in recent memory for over-commitment on the # of games guaranteed during what is turning out to be the first or second wettest period in NTX in the past 6 years, go ahead...

...but to blame this on UAL becoming "too big" just shows how ignorant you are.

Let me clue you in on something...  All of those academy teams were going to have to sign up somewhere, and in case you hadn't noticed, there's a limited supply of fields available in NTX.  If half of the teams in UAL signed up to play in PTCL or SDL instead this Spring, you'd be ripping into those leagues the same as UAL, because ALL of them (including a smaller UAL because they wouldn't have contracted with all of the additional facilities that they did this Spring, a different league would have) would be having the same issues.

Many of you may not remember, or may not have been in position to pay attention to it, but the last time this happened was fall of 2009, and back then, everyone was ripping SDL for the same issue.  However, since Spring of 2010, we've been in the midst of a 5-year drought (with the exception of a very rainy Dec '11-March '12 that had little impact because most of it occurred in between outdoor seasons), and you've heard very little hand wringing over this issue during that time.  Imagine that.

Mother Nature won this Spring.  Doesn't matter what league you did, or should have, signed up for this Spring.  Nothing more... nothing less...

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1176
Points : 4446
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by Guest 18/04/15, 10:46 pm

CFBSA wrote:Let's just say if it hair lips the Pope - EVERYONE will get their 8 games scheduled by me!

Funny, this guarantee seems pretty straight forward. Do you see a disclaimer about rain affecting her ability to deliver on her promise?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by banana kick 18/04/15, 11:25 pm

It's clear this is personal, RWS.  You've made your point.  Is there anything else?
banana kick
banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 178
Points : 3184
Join date : 2013-08-06

Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by Guest 18/04/15, 11:39 pm

RunningWithScissors wrote:
CFBSA wrote:Let's just say if it hair lips the Pope - EVERYONE will get their 8 games scheduled by me!

Funny, this guarantee seems pretty straight forward. Do you see a disclaimer about rain affecting her ability to deliver on her promise?

Go back and re-read my post...  I said if you want to take issue with NJ and the statements she made, go ahead...  Still think she's the best academy league LD NTX has seen in a while (CoachDom is very good as well), but she made the statements and she'll have to live with the fallout from them if she can't deliver...

My point was made more at Duped, and those like-minded, who think that UAL getting "too big" resulted in these problems.  If you took the leagues from last fall, when CFBAL and UAL were separate, and had larger PTCL and SDL leagues, and played those league structures with the facilities they were contracted with this Spring, you'd have the same level of issues with re-scheduling games.  Even the "smaller" CFBAL would be having problems, because they would ONLY have had Cox & McInnish at their disposal.  ...but, some people need to be able to point the finger at someone or some entity.  Just be careful what you wish for...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List - Page 2 Empty Re: 05 Spring 2015 - UAL (I still call it CFBAL) League List

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum