North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Michael Brown tournament  Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Michael Brown tournament

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Michael Brown tournament  Empty Michael Brown tournament

Post by Soccapeeps 21/01/15, 09:31 pm

A lot of good teams seem to have entered this tournament. Can D'Feeters beat LP Elite again?

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=39442&Gender=Girls&Age=11
Soccapeeps
Soccapeeps
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Michael Brown tournament  Empty Re: Michael Brown tournament

Post by ILuvMeSomeSoccer 22/01/15, 12:12 pm

Shocked
ILuvMeSomeSoccer
ILuvMeSomeSoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 22/01/15, 04:23 pm

I heard that Friday night games will be canceled.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerpapa2 23/01/15, 11:29 am

Any word on field conditions for Friday night games?

soccerpapa2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 23/01/15, 12:14 pm

PurplePonyPower wrote:I heard that Friday night games will be canceled.

This was sent out by the TD Thursday afternoon:

"The tournament should have no problems with fields closures this weekend. We are monitoring the weather and managing the fields currently and the field conditions are stable at the moment. If we have a further update to give, it will come after 12noon Friday. No update means games are playing as scheduled. "
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 23/01/15, 12:36 pm

Just got this:
All games scheduled to play Friday at both Toyota Soccer Center and MoneyGram Soccer Park will be played as scheduled. If your team has a field change, you will be notified in a separate email. We expect Saturday and Sunday games to play as scheduled. Thanks for your patience
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthlakeDad 23/01/15, 10:52 pm

Fields were soggy, and I saw several girls slip and fall in one of the games at TSC tonight. The cold, wet ball was probably more of a hindrance than the field, though.
SouthlakeDad
SouthlakeDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph FC 24/01/15, 12:12 am

This is Derby County in the 1st Div (now known as the Premier League) and their ground on a good day.
https://youtu.be/MLsb_ABM1H4
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 24/01/15, 11:40 am

Any news on the Elite-DT Red score? Shows that Texans won 3-0. Was this real, a forfeit, or something else?
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 24/01/15, 11:41 am

3-0 elite

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLD 24/01/15, 01:52 pm

Good Game this morning between Elite and DT Red. The more we play LP Elite, the better we get. Really enjoying watching our girls play against top competition.

DTLD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Daddys princess 25/01/15, 10:01 am

Soccapeeps wrote:A lot of good teams seem to have entered this tournament. Can D'Feeters beat LP Elite again?

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=39442&Gender=Girls&Age=11
I guess not?

Daddys princess
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo_Momma 25/01/15, 01:09 pm

Very good game - I bought Elite were stronger in the first game period and Feet strongest in 2nd. The game showed how very close to each other the teams are. Also hear this was more of a Grey team than Black. Anyone confirm?
Lobo_Momma
Lobo_Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 25/01/15, 04:55 pm

not buying that feet was strongest in the 2nd especially since I believe thats when elite scored. 1st half was just like the second half. There were some athletes from white there and nothing particurly special about the game. Elite was less ugly than feet. Was unimpressed by either team. Athleticism was on display but soccer was not
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/01/15, 08:49 pm

go99 wrote:not buying that feet was strongest in the 2nd especially since I believe thats when elite scored.  1st half was just like the second half.  There were some athletes from white there and nothing particurly special about the game.  Elite was less ugly than feet.  Was unimpressed by either team.  Athleticism was on display but soccer was not
Caught the second half of that game. Would have to agree with go this time...OMG did I just say what I thought I said...JK go. Feet didn't do much to cause worry from the Elite camp. A few sparks but ultimately snuffed by Elite and the weather.

Back to top Go down

Post by FCsoccer1 25/01/15, 09:42 pm

So did you see any guest players
FCsoccer1
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 25/01/15, 09:48 pm

The infamous old guest player question. I like guest players and playing teams that have guest players. It's not as easy as it sounds.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ParadoxTX 25/01/15, 10:52 pm

No guest players other than four from white, which is why everyone keeps calling it Grey.

ParadoxTX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 26/01/15, 08:56 am

There were NO guest players.
Well, except for the FOUR guest players.
But that doesn't mean they were "guest" players.
They were more like "Guest" players.
See what I did there?

.....so confused.

And no, the balls were not deflated before the match.

Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ParadoxTX 26/01/15, 10:45 am

By Coach,

Do you read, maybe a little intelligence. His top team had players from his second team, thus grey. The next question was were there any guest players beyond that because maybe a pure black team would have fared better. The question was were they playing better or worse because of the guest players. Conversely if it was White and they had Black players Grey would be arguably better. So if Black lost to LP by 1 but had second team players does it mean anything and the answer is no.

ParadoxTX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 26/01/15, 10:53 am

they would not have done better without the players from white it would have been worse. The players from white are good players but more importantly they raise the overall level of atheticism on the black team. JK is not bringing up players from the goodness of his heart. I am not a fan of his tactical game (and he is a little crazy) but he can coach and he knows what he is doing with his team and players. I wouldn't be surprised to see those players also brought up for the DTS game and agains for the elite game during league play. Everyone else I think they can physically overwhelm.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 26/01/15, 02:48 pm

ParadoxTX wrote:By Coach,

Do you read, maybe a little intelligence. His top team had players from his second team, thus grey. The next question was were there any guest players beyond that because maybe a pure black team would have fared better. The question was were they playing better or worse because of the guest players. Conversely if it was White and they had Black players Grey would be arguably better. So if Black lost to LP by 1 but had second team players does it mean anything and the answer is no.

Apparently comprehension is not your strong suit.
White team.
Black team.

What am I missing here?
Is that not two teams?

You are the intellectually challenged individual who actually posted, and I quote...
"No guest players other than four from white"

Personally, I don't care about the teams or this age group.
I was having a little fun with your quote because it made me laugh.

Please follow the bouncing ball before you post something so condescending.

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 26/01/15, 05:55 pm

go99 wrote:they would not have done better without the players from white it would have been worse.  The players from white are good players but more importantly they raise the overall level of atheticism on the black team.  JK is not bringing up players from the goodness of his heart.  I am not a fan of his tactical game (and he is a little crazy) but he can coach and he knows what he is doing with his team and players.  I wouldn't be surprised to see those players also brought up for the DTS game and agains for the elite game during league play.  Everyone else I think they can physically overwhelm.

The specific players in this game and any other were/are immanent. Go99 is half right as usual. Different players likely wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome of the game. The reality is that the same girls that played vs Elite in PLD were playing Friday night.  The score is basically indicative of the game itself which is not always the case. However, the goal scored was a questionable, but called a goal nonetheless so it all worked out. As far as tactical game goes, I didn't see our forwards line up like race horses and take off running as our back line just booted over everyone's heads. I don't see how anyone can condone one and condemn the other. As far as I'm concerned it was a fairly even game.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 26/01/15, 11:34 pm

adufresne wrote:
go99 wrote:they would not have done better without the players from white it would have been worse.  The players from white are good players but more importantly they raise the overall level of atheticism on the black team.  JK is not bringing up players from the goodness of his heart.  I am not a fan of his tactical game (and he is a little crazy) but he can coach and he knows what he is doing with his team and players.  I wouldn't be surprised to see those players also brought up for the DTS game and agains for the elite game during league play.  Everyone else I think they can physically overwhelm.

The specific players in this game and any other were/are immanent. Go99 is half right as usual. Different players likely wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome of the game. The reality is that the same girls that played vs Elite in PLD were playing Friday night.  The score is basically indicative of the game itself which is not always the case. However, the goal scored was a questionable, but called a goal nonetheless so it all worked out. As far as tactical game goes, I didn't see our forwards line up like race horses and take off running as our back line just booted over everyone's heads. I don't see how anyone can condone one and condemn the other. As far as I'm concerned it was a fairly even game.

I wonder what's your take on D'Feeters 1-0 win over FCD Premier? I'll like to hear that.  Everyone knows DFeeters play LP Elite much different than they do any other team. If you have to bring additional players to compete, there must be some form of concern about playing Elite with "Your original Black team roster". Just my point of view.

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 27/01/15, 07:16 am

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
adufresne wrote:

I wonder what's your take on D'Feeters 1-0 win over FCD Premier? I'll like to hear that.  Everyone knows DFeeters play LP Elite much different than they do any other team. If you have to bring additional players to compete, there must be some form of concern about playing Elite with "Your original Black team roster". Just my point of view.

Unfortunately, I only saw about 10 minutes of that game so I don't have a lot to comment on. I know the same girls played basically the same roles as they did in the Elite game. Based on feedback that I got from our sideline I would have to say that my take is that the girls didn't show up to play and it showed, but I don't want to take anything away from FCD in saying that. Here's a news flash for everyone in soccernet land: we have 30 04 girls in our "camp" and any one of them could play on either team in any game. Our coach doesn't discuss when or why this happens or his gameplan for any specific game. Michael Brown was a showcase tournament. I thought it was a warmup/knock the rust off type approach for us. Elite is a really good team with some excellent individual players. In my opinion, for what it's worth, if we played Elite with "our original Black team roster", we would have similar results to the last 2 games. i really don't think we need players from the White team to "compete." Although I am happy to have them anytime.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next