North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! Empty DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by PickAwinner 08/02/15, 08:47 pm

I have struggled with posting this all weekend but after what I saw today from the parents after today's game between DTS and LP Elite I felt inclined to post.

First, we as parents all spend a tremendous amount of time and energy to raise positive DD that can use their experiences from competitive soccer to hopefully be successful young and future adults. I personally will use this opportunity as a learning experience to share with my DD what not to do when representing a team and club and how the actions of a few can lead to a representation of a group of larger individuals - "You are who you hang with."

What I witnessed both Friday and today from the DTS parents was absolutely ridiculous and has no place in youth-soccer and society.

Friday night, I saw first hand a DTS sideline that was aggressive, belligerent, and just plain rude. Any parent that feels inclined to berate, cuss, and intimidate the other team, children, and refs should be ashamed of themselves. Everyone of the DTS parents know exactly who the individual was stirring the pot and should call the parent / supporter out and challenge them to be a better person and role-model.

After todays game between DTS and Elite I once again got to see the reckless nature of DTS parents. This time it was the mother / supporter of one of the DTS DD who felt the need to call out parents of Elite. The DTS parents crossed the field to seek out Elite parents and challenge them. It was a bad scene after the game and if not for the refs and coach in the proceeding game (kudos to the Velocity coach for taking control) stepping in as it could have gotten ugly.

I know several people have video of the incident and it would be great if they could post for all to witness.

I am sure there are decent families and parents on the DTS team. In fact, I have previously had a chance to chat with some of them on the sidelines during games. However, there are a few that need to take a long look in the mirror and decide on the values they want to pass to their children.

Lastly, congrats to RASE on a nice tournament win and the 05 Solar team for showing that they are a talented team that surprised many on their play. Unfortunately, it was a great weekend of soccer ruined by a few!

Sorry for the long post.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by Guest 08/02/15, 09:07 pm

Here we go with one of these...

Carry on, carry on.....

I'll just check back after about a week or so.

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by PickAwinner 08/02/15, 09:15 pm

Kix. Videos do not lie. I hope someone will post. Ashamed and accountable is what you should be!

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lostntexas 08/02/15, 09:17 pm

I did hear both Lp coach and Dts coach/parent argue with each other during the game...I do have video of a Dts mom / supporter cussing at a Lp parent and she and several others wasn't happy with me while I was filming and wanted to fight me!!! Really? I said 'relax it's just youth soccer'. He replied'is about D1 scholarships??? Really ?? Lol I believe both Lp and Dts was out of control. . Just my 2 cents..
lostntexas
lostntexas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/02/15, 09:31 pm

I was a little surprised at the post game antics. The sideline really didn't seem all that bad. It was a nice, hard fought game and all of the girls worked really hard. Saw the dust up on the sideline I heard was caused by a mom but who knows. It all seemed out of place for a good game. Oh and the two coaches didn't argue anymore than coaches usually do on the sideline. And I think it was the DTS coach who did much of the work to keep things from getting out of control
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccapeeps 08/02/15, 09:51 pm

lostntexas wrote:I did hear both Lp coach and Dts coach/parent argue with each other  during the game...I do have video of a Dts mom / supporter cussing at a Lp parent and she and several others wasn't happy with me while I was filming and wanted to fight me!!! Really? I said 'relax it's just youth soccer'. He replied'is about D1 scholarships??? Really ?? Lol  I believe both Lp and Dts was out of control. . Just my 2 cents..

DTS mom cussing....how classy. That may be the mom of the girl that F-bomb my daughter before.

I guess that's keeping it real?

Soccapeeps
Soccapeeps
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRogers 08/02/15, 10:17 pm

If you are honest you would admit a tiny few parents on both sides stirred the pot. Any video edited or not would miss the original sparks. If you have a problem with team or parents call the DOC.

Venting on a public board with your version of the events is quite juvenile.... Also never ends well for either side because it takes two to tango and the other version eventually makes your side look bad as well.

Oh and my dds have plenty of stories involving other girls cussing... Unfortunately I have heard it on nearly every team.

Last edited by MrRogers on 08/02/15, 10:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

MrRogers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 08/02/15, 10:22 pm

Why are you talking trash about LP girls Mr Rogers? This had nothing to do with the kids.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRogers 08/02/15, 10:28 pm

PurplePonyPower wrote:Why are you talking trash about LP girls Mr Rogers?  This had nothing to do with the kids.

What are you talking about? You misread post...  Was making the point that girls cuss on most teams likely from fact that some parents on most teams do it.

Sad that top teams can't just have a game without the drama. That's all I'm going to say on this thread.

Last edited by MrRogers on 08/02/15, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

MrRogers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 08/02/15, 10:29 pm

Why even mention the girls? Classy.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 08/02/15, 10:33 pm

MrRogers wrote:If you are honest you would admit a tiny few parents on both sides stirred the pot. Any video edited or not would miss the original sparks. If you have a problem with team or parents call the DOC.

Venting on a public board with your version of the events is quite juvenile.... Also never ends well for either side because it takes two to tango and the other version eventually makes your side look bad as well.

Oh and my dds have plenty of stories involving other girls cussing... Unfortunately I have heard it on nearly every team.

Quote on Quote before you made corrections:

"Oh and my dds have plenty of stories involving LP girls cussing... I know must be hard for you to believe"  

Sound like you was making accusation to me..
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 08/02/15, 10:38 pm

Sounds like a deflection to me. In any case, what you are told is just hearsay. What the NTX soccer community hears is not.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRogers 08/02/15, 10:41 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
MrRogers wrote:If you are honest you would admit a tiny few parents on both sides stirred the pot. Any video edited or not would miss the original sparks. If you have a problem with team or parents call the DOC.

Quote on Quote before you made corrections:

"Oh and my dds have plenty of stories involving LP girls cussing... I know must be hard for you to believe"  

Sound like you was making accusation to me..

Believe that started with soccapeeps. And yes kids AND parents of DTS And Lp girls have cussed before with both teams... Good now? Probably due to the overbearing pressure from their parents to be #1. This thread is an example of the insanity.

Goodnight

MrRogers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 08/02/15, 10:51 pm

I'll be the first to disagree with LP girls cussing. I think I can speak for other LP parents and say that is "BS". After the game, my daughter came up to me and said one of DTS girls dropped the F'bomb.. Now why would another parent from another team accuse of hearing the same thing. Coincident Right?
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRogers 08/02/15, 10:57 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:I'll be the first to disagree with LP girls cussing. I think I can speak for other LP parents and say that is "BS". After the game, my daughter came up to me and said one of DTS girls dropped the F'bomb.. Now why would another parent from another team accuse of hearing the same thing. Coincident Right?

Right your kids dont cuss and your parents sit silent on the sidelines. You guys are better people and parents than us.... We can't help it, we live south of I-30.

Till next game...

MrRogers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/02/15, 11:08 pm

MrRogers...take it from a forum vet.
Let this run its cycle.
Basically I apply a few sayings when this occurs...
1.When u throw crap over the fence the dog it hits will bark. 
2. When u point the finger there are 3 pointing back at you.
Learning experience indeed...if ya lose, Getcha kid and get tha heck out of dodge.
If the winning parent decides to say something out of line and the losing parent fires back...guess what, you're the sore loser. We've experienced both sides.
Why hang around? DD was ready to GEAUX!!

Back to top Go down

Post by PickAwinner 08/02/15, 11:37 pm

Used2bKix wrote:MrRogers...take it from a forum vet.
Let this run its cycle.
Basically I apply a few sayings when this occurs...
1.When u throw crap over the fence the dog it hits will bark. 
2. When u point the finger there are 3 pointing back at you.
Learning experience indeed...if ya lose, Getcha kid and get tha heck out of dodge.
If the winning parent decides to say something out of line and the losing parent fires back...guess what, you're the sore loser. We've experienced both sides.
Why hang around? DD was ready to GEAUX!!

Kix, were you at the game on Friday night and can you defend the behavior of said individual? Please explain and defend their action.  Perhaps too many pops?  This has nothing to do with where you live (South or North of any given highway or road) and what social economical situation you derive from.  This is about respect for the game and the DD's we are raising.  Don't deflect!

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/02/15, 12:11 am

I will let this thread run its course after this post....
Neither you or I can justify or always explain inappropriate behavior from adults. Right?
You know what happened and do you want me to make an excuse for it?

Hope I haven't indicated any kind of stance I took on the incident. I'm just familiar with where the thread will head. No productive outcome or corrective action or remorse or admittance of guilt...just oodles and oodles of OMG what savages, I remember when this other team did this...etc etc...

And what does it accomplish? Nothing. Because give it a few weeks or maybe even another tourney or big game and there will another of this same complexion...same subject, different date and title.
That's why I said carry on... It's a cycle.

What happened today...I didn't get the details and sorry for not caring. I was proud of my daughter shouldering a loss and showing hunger for a competitive rematch. Our convo after the game was based off of ideas and actions to get better, all in which she initiated. We used on field chatter as comic relief and mistakes as fuel to grow. 
I can't speak for all but after a true loss and conditions aren't to blame... that frustration, anger, or hurt should be channelled towards training and DD declared that. 

So continue to search for the answers to your questions but you are grown and have experienced life...you can put 2 and 2 together. right is right and wrong is wrong just know that if u can identify the said culprit then you should be able to distinguish the innocent. So in a nutshell....it wasn't the whole DTS dammit lol!!

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 09/02/15, 08:19 am

Used2bKix wrote:I will let this thread run its course after this post....
Neither you or I can justify or always explain inappropriate behavior from adults. Right?
You know what happened and do you want me to make an excuse for it?

Hope I haven't indicated any kind of stance I took on the incident. I'm just familiar with where the thread will head. No productive outcome or corrective action or remorse or admittance of guilt...just oodles and oodles of OMG what savages, I remember when this other team did this...etc etc...

And what does it accomplish? Nothing. Because give it a few weeks or maybe even another tourney or big game and there will another of this same complexion...same subject, different date and title.
That's why I said carry on... It's a cycle.

What happened today...I didn't get the details and sorry for not caring. I was proud of my daughter shouldering a loss and showing hunger for a competitive rematch. Our convo after the game was based off of ideas and actions to get better, all in which she initiated. We used on field chatter as comic relief and mistakes as fuel to grow. 
I can't speak for all but after a true loss and conditions aren't to blame... that frustration, anger, or hurt should be channelled towards training and DD declared that. 

So continue to search for the answers to your questions but you are grown and have experienced life...you can put 2 and 2 together. right is right and wrong is wrong just know that if u can identify the said culprit then you should be able to distinguish the innocent. So in a nutshell....it wasn't the whole DTS dammit lol!!
That sir, was well said...  and it's not just the top teams that experience the "crazed" parents and it's not every parent on every team.  It's a select few peppered throughout the league - from conversations with parents of "older" players, the most ignorant and vocal are the one's whose DDs usually find a different sport once the "rebellion" kicks in...

Also, some forum hijinxery just happened, when I posted it posted my response under another name, not my own and then after a refresh was corrected - strange goings on here...  Suspect
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 09/02/15, 08:22 am

well said Kix. It wasn't the whole DTS team. Wasn't even a significant portion of the team. It seemed to be down to 1 person. My DD didn't report any cursing but that may be because she doesn't care as long as she wins. She was more concerned about how she did and the few things could do better. So who did what and cursed who? don't really care. DD enjoyed the fight of the game (that DTS team fights hard and she loved it) but she wasn't really that happy with the 2-1 win. So she will be pumped for some more.

DTS is a good team and I thought the sideline was okay (especially for a hard fought game with a bad ref). Post game antics were silly and credit should be given to the DTS coach. He really seemed to step in and get the situation under control by moving the parents and kids
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 09/02/15, 09:00 am

The behavior of one or a few should not be downplayed, excused or defended.  That only encourages them to continue to act that way.  It is obviously not the whole sideline  but it shouldn't be tolerated by the coach, the refs, the parents of the opposing team, or the parents of the offender's team.  There are articles and Youtube videos all over the internet of these people and they give youth sports a terrible image.  NTX soccer should not have to stoop to those levels.

Here's to hoping that DD gets sick of her parent's actions that way and finds a new sport to play.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 09/02/15, 09:04 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:The behavior of one or a few should not be downplayed, excused or defended.  That only encourages them to continue to act that way.  It is obviously not the whole sideline  but it shouldn't be tolerated by the coach, the refs, the parents of the opposing team, or the parents of the offender's team.  There are articles and Youtube videos all over the internet of these people and they give youth sports a terrible image.  NTX soccer should not have to stoop to those levels.

Here's to hoping that DD gets sick of her parent's actions that way and finds a new sport to play.
cheers cheers cheers
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 09/02/15, 09:19 am

NTX doesn't have to stoop it has been at those levels. Out of all of the horrible things in youth sports this would be at the very bottom of things to "FIX" or "not tolerate". It's being made a bigger thing than it should be and honestly if the LP parents had just turned their backs on her and just ignored her she would have just been a crazy person yelling to herself. So you guys can try all you want but it doesn't color the DTS team and it doesn't color that game. It was a small incident blown out of proportion. Now can't speak to the Friday game because I wasn't there.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 09/02/15, 09:26 am

Friday game between whom?
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 09/02/15, 09:27 am

no idea the poster mentioned friday also
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next