North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by go99 09/02/15, 09:27 am

no idea the poster mentioned friday also

go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by SickofStupidity 09/02/15, 09:27 am

Clearly not a single incident with this mom.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TxKpr 09/02/15, 09:48 am

But wheres the video? lol
TxKpr
TxKpr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccapeeps 09/02/15, 10:24 am

go99 wrote:NTX doesn't have to stoop it has been at those levels.  Out of all of the horrible things in youth sports this would be at the very bottom of things to "FIX" or "not tolerate".  It's being made a bigger thing than it should be and honestly if the LP parents had just turned their backs on her and just ignored her she would have just been a crazy person yelling to herself.  So you guys can try all you want but it doesn't color the DTS team and it doesn't color that game.  It was a small incident blown out of proportion. Now can't speak to the Friday game because I wasn't there.

In the grand scheme of things, this was not a big deal; however, opponents of DTS should not have to "turn their backs" and ignore classless behavior either. There is nothing wrong with shining a light on unacceptable behavior by parents. I'm just surprised that this episode didn't lead a DTS dad to challenge someone to a fight in front of 11 year old girls.
Soccapeeps
Soccapeeps
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 09/02/15, 10:27 am

ummm Shocked Rolling Eyes lol
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/02/15, 10:30 am

Not trying to downplay it...really I am since its been almost 24hrs since the incident but...

Look it up on YouTube "parents argue after kids soccer game" I'm sure it's at about 2million views by now. I even saw a special on 60 minutes about it.

Or better yet, does it change your opinion about our group? Let me answer that for you...Nope. You felt that way about us before the "argument" that's why you had your cameras ready. 

Me honestly, I think domestic arguments are more critical to your child's psyche than a public verbal dispute. You can put your kids earmuffs on an walk them away...at home they are in their rooms wondering are their parents gonna split up.

But I come from a different place in the world where I don't condone the behavior but there sure are much bigger issues in our lives I'd rather shine the spotlight on. This is small talk for beauty salons and practice.

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 09/02/15, 10:34 am

Just for everyone's info, the OP is not an LP parent.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 09/02/15, 10:34 am

on point again kix
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 09/02/15, 10:36 am

Damn, we should have more dust ups like this, I mean tournaments.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/02/15, 10:38 am

The title of this thread should have been broader...

"What is a field Marshall?"

Like forreal...aren't there preventative measures for incidents like this? Queue the sarcastic, facetious answers...but seriously. Outside of the obvious, meaning maturity and restraint...what are the preventative measures for safety and order?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccapeeps 09/02/15, 10:41 am

Used2bKix wrote:Not trying to downplay it...really I am since its been almost 24hrs since the incident but...

Look it up on YouTube "parents argue after kids soccer game" I'm sure it's at about 2million views by now. I even saw a special on 60 minutes about it.

Or better yet, does it change your opinion about our group? Let me answer that for you...Nope. You felt that way about us before the "argument" that's why you had your cameras ready. 

Me honestly, I think domestic arguments are more critical to your child's psyche than a public verbal dispute. You can put your kids earmuffs on an walk them away...at home they are in their rooms wondering are their parents gonna split up.

But I come from a different place in the world where I don't condone the behavior but there sure are much bigger issues in our lives I'd rather shine the spotlight on. This is small talk for beauty salons and practice.

Kix...You just don't get it.

Would a domestic agrument be more harmful to your kid, I don't know, but I do know that a mom cussing/yelling and apparently a dad challenging another parent to fight does NOT help your child's psyche. Why do any of it?

Soccapeeps
Soccapeeps
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/02/15, 10:47 am

go99 wrote:on point again kix

But Go, remember that when you call foul on a parent acting like an a$$ on the sideline, you aren't AGAINST that parent, you are actually FOR that parent so that he/she can learn...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/02/15, 10:54 am

Soccapeeps wrote:
Used2bKix wrote:Not trying to downplay it...really I am since its been almost 24hrs since the incident but...

Kix...You just don't get it.

Would a domestic agrument be more harmful to your kid, I don't know, but I do know that a mom cussing/yelling and apparently a dad challenging another parent to fight does NOT help your child's psyche. Why do any of it?

Oh but I very much do get it.
I'm just posting....

Back to top Go down

Post by purplefrog 09/02/15, 11:18 am

lostntexas wrote:He replied'is about D1 scholarships??? Really ?? Lol  

Hahaha...yeah, I always see those D1 College Scouts trying to find the best 5th grader for their D1 Soccer program at the tournaments on the weekends. I'm sure winning or losing the U11 Spring Kickoff Tournament is going to affect their scholarship chances.

What an idiot
purplefrog
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 09/02/15, 11:27 am

purplefrog wrote:

Hahaha...yeah, I always see those D1 College Scouts trying to find the best 5th grader for their D1 Soccer program at the tournaments on the weekends.  I'm sure winning or losing the U11 Spring Kickoff Tournament is going to affect their scholarship chances.

What an idiot

That's a good way to put even more pressure on your little 5th grader.  Not only does she get to hear you on the sideline all game and probably on the ride home, but now she has to worry about how she won't get into college because she had a bad game.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/02/15, 01:03 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
purplefrog wrote:

Hahaha...yeah, I always see those D1 College Scouts trying to find the best 5th grader for their D1 Soccer program at the tournaments on the weekends.  I'm sure winning or losing the U11 Spring Kickoff Tournament is going to affect their scholarship chances.

What an idiot

That's a good way to put even more pressure on your little 5th grader.  Not only does she get to hear you on the sideline all game and probably on the ride home, but now she has to worry about how she won't get into college because she had a bad game.
Ohhhhh...so you're saying there should NOT be alot of yelling in the car after the game...Oh Snap!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/02/15, 01:39 pm

I've heard how Sheets addresses his daughter and son...that's why I don't see what all the fuss is about in regards to the post game incident...?

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 09/02/15, 01:45 pm

DTS has been in and around this age group with many of the same players for years. I can't see why this is a big deal to some of you.

You act as if this is the first time you have witnessed a DTS parent scream, cuss, jump up and down, whine and cuss at the officials, speak to opposition players and challenge others to a fight.

I am with Kix 100% on this - there really isn't anything to see here - at least anything we haven't seen already. This is pretty much the rule with this group in any game against top competition, not the exception.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by progressiveparent 09/02/15, 01:51 pm

That ^^^^

progressiveparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad 09/02/15, 01:59 pm

yellowcard5 wrote:DTS has been in and around this age group with many of the same players for years.  I can't see why this is a big deal to some of you.

You act as if this is the first time you have witnessed a DTS parent scream, cuss, jump up and down, whine and cuss at the officials, speak to opposition players and challenge others to a fight.

I am with Kix 100% on this - there really isn't anything to see here - at least anything we haven't seen already.  This is pretty much the rule with this group in any game against top competition, not the exception.

Edmund Burke once said "All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." While I don't intend to incite religion or morals into the conversation, I do think there should be an acceptable standard of behavior (regardless of moral or values) that is maintained by all parents at all matches. I can't imagine how a parent or adult could feel that swearing in anger or threatening to fight adds any value to their DDs development or the overall experience of these 11 year olds. More than likely, it is reflective of the lack of discipline and self control by these parents and the values/morals they maintain.

I do have a problem with the way the DTS parents acted on Friday (and Sun as well, from what has been shared). While I can voice my concern and use it (as I have) to teach my DD about the behaviors that lead to success (and those that don't) in life, I will always voice my concerns when adults start acting like children in front of children. No value ever comes from this...ever...for anyone. I would hope that those parents on DTS who do not act this way would help this parent / these parents understand that this behavior is not appropriate ever.
Peak_Performance_Dad
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 09/02/15, 02:06 pm

Peak_Performance_Dad wrote:

Edmund Burke once said "All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."  While I don't intend to incite religion or morals into the conversation, I do think there should be an acceptable standard of behavior (regardless of moral or values) that is maintained by all parents at all matches.  I can't imagine how a parent or adult could feel that swearing in anger or threatening to fight adds any value to their DDs development or the overall experience of these 11 year olds.  More than likely, it is reflective of the lack of discipline and self control by these parents and the values/morals they maintain.

I do have a problem with the way the DTS parents acted on Friday (and Sun as well, from what has been shared).  While I can voice my concern and use it (as I have) to teach my DD about the behaviors that lead to success (and those that don't) in life, I will always voice my concerns when adults start acting like children in front of children.  No value ever comes from this...ever...for anyone.  I would hope that those parents on DTS who do not act this way would help this parent / these parents understand that this behavior is not appropriate ever.

+1
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 09/02/15, 02:15 pm

Ron White once said "you can't fix stupid."

There absolutely is an acceptable standard of behavior on the sidelines but just like laws that are set in our society, there will always be those that just don't think they apply to them.

You are free to use any incident you wish to teach your children valuable life lessons...and I agree that this was probably a good teaching moment.

In the end, it isn't our job to try and manage other teams parents behavior. The only way their behavior is going to change is when someone within their own group has the balls to stand up and tell them it is unacceptable.  In most situations I would think this would be the coach, but obviously he doesn't take much issue with it since its been going on for years now.  It is a black eye for their team and in the end all these parents do is take the shine away from their own girls that are a pretty good team.

There are always going to be people like this and contrary to popular belief not everyone can be fixed, nor do many of them want to be.  Your approach is the correct one in using it to teach your own kids and that is the value that comes out of it.  Our kids are going to have to face people like this throughout their entire lives and the sooner they can learn to ignore them the better off they will be in the end.

Last edited by yellowcard5 on 09/02/15, 03:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/02/15, 02:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifqhzc93U0w

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 09/02/15, 02:24 pm

boilerjoe_96 wrote:
Peak_Performance_Dad wrote:

Edmund Burke once said "All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."  While I don't intend to incite religion or morals into the conversation, I do think there should be an acceptable standard of behavior (regardless of moral or values) that is maintained by all parents at all matches.  I can't imagine how a parent or adult could feel that swearing in anger or threatening to fight adds any value to their DDs development or the overall experience of these 11 year olds.  More than likely, it is reflective of the lack of discipline and self control by these parents and the values/morals they maintain.

I do have a problem with the way the DTS parents acted on Friday (and Sun as well, from what has been shared).  While I can voice my concern and use it (as I have) to teach my DD about the behaviors that lead to success (and those that don't) in life, I will always voice my concerns when adults start acting like children in front of children.  No value ever comes from this...ever...for anyone.  I would hope that those parents on DTS who do not act this way would help this parent / these parents understand that this behavior is not appropriate ever.

+1

You should voice your concerns. My point is that voicing them on a soccer forum is not going to yield the results that can make a difference. Take the appropriate action and call NTX Soccer, Dallas Texans, Tournament Director, etc and let them know what happened. These organizations do not take kindly to this type of behavior because it hurts their brand. You have to go through the process, but in the end if one moron can be removed from the sidelines we are all better off.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad 09/02/15, 03:03 pm

yellowcard5 wrote:Ron White once said "you can't fix stupid."

There absolutely is an acceptable standard of behavior on the sidelines but just like laws that are set in our society, there will always be those that just don't think they apply to them.

You are free to use any incident you wish to teach your children valuable life lessons...and I agree that this was probably a good teaching moment.

In the end, it isn't our job to try and manage other teams parents behavior. The only way their behavior is going to change is when someone within their own group has the balls to stand up and tell them it is unacceptable.  In most situations I would think this would be the coach, but obviously he doesn't take much issue to it since its been going on for years now.  It is a black eye for their team and in the end all these parents do is take the shine away from their own girls that are a pretty good team.

There are always going to be people like this and contrary to popular belief not everyone can be fixed, nor do many of them want to be.  Your approach is the correct one in using it to teach your own kids and that is the value that comes out of it.  Our kids are going to have to face people like this throughout their entire lives and the sooner they can learn to ignore them the better off they will be in the end.

Amen!!
Peak_Performance_Dad
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianWilliams 09/02/15, 03:20 pm

That woman yelled at me. Then she busted a bottle and came after me. Shots were fired in the parking lot.
BrianWilliams
BrianWilliams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next