North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
ECNL Super CupYesterday at 08:06 pmSoccerupnorth
TOURNAMENT: U90C UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - Dec. 4-6Yesterday at 03:46 pmExitmiester
09G Keeper in need of new teamYesterday at 01:17 pmBodhiDalton
TOURNAMENT: U90C HILL COUNTRY CLASSIC - AUSTIN - Jan. 24-26Yesterday at 09:43 amU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C SPRING KICKOFF - Feb 4-7, 2021Yesterday at 09:43 amU90C
Renegades Soccer Club 2013G’s Opportunity’s Yesterday at 09:40 amRenegades Soccer Club
Renegades 2011G team forming 2020/2021Yesterday at 09:35 amRenegades Soccer Club
Congratulations: Cristiano Ronaldo Win The 18th Golden Foot Yesterday at 01:15 amALEXXXXXXX
Sting 08B - Flower Mound/Highland Village01/12/20, 10:40 pmTitans Bailey
Sting 12b - flower mound/highland village01/12/20, 10:34 pmTitans Bailey
Sting Royal01/12/20, 10:07 pmLongBall
GAMBIT TOURNAMENT: Gambit Winter Cup Dec 11-1301/12/20, 04:48 pmPITSoccer
RPL SPRING 2021 (ACADEMY + 2009 11v11 Divisions) Reg. OPEN01/12/20, 03:01 pmU90C
Renegades 12G North - Blanton 01/12/20, 11:07 amtareyncarol
Renegades 11G North - Blanton01/12/20, 10:57 amtareyncarol
Edinson Cavani Will Be Suspend Three Games For His Improper 01/12/20, 12:58 amALEXXXXXXX
08G Keeper needing new team 30/11/20, 09:48 pmSoccerway
Top ‘07 NTX Boys Teams30/11/20, 12:22 pmCtrl Alt de Ligt
ECNL-ECRL 0830/11/20, 10:46 amsmugrr
Club America 2011B palomeque OPEN Tryouts30/11/20, 09:27 amnirav_p_assar
TOURNAMENT: U90C ROUND ROCK OPEN - AUSTIN - Dec. 11-1329/11/20, 10:41 amU90C
DKSC 06G Aranha (Plano, TX 75074)28/11/20, 11:09 amDKSCJA
Tournament Guest Play: Nov & Dec26/11/20, 07:35 pmWhoopsie
High School Soccer Girls 2020-2126/11/20, 05:19 pmanothercrazysoccerdad
ECNL 04 Girls - Phoenix Fall Showcase24/11/20, 10:54 pmCheckpoint Charlie
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14544 registered users
The newest registered user is jpbiv4

Our users have posted a total of 200607 messages in 29529 subjects

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by go99 on 09/02/15, 09:27 am

no idea the poster mentioned friday also

go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Join date : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by SickofStupidity on 09/02/15, 09:27 am

Clearly not a single incident with this mom.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 934
Points : 3341
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by TxKpr on 09/02/15, 09:48 am

But wheres the video? lol
TxKpr
TxKpr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 95
Points : 2458
Join date : 2014-06-15

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by Soccapeeps on 09/02/15, 10:24 am

go99 wrote:NTX doesn't have to stoop it has been at those levels.  Out of all of the horrible things in youth sports this would be at the very bottom of things to "FIX" or "not tolerate".  It's being made a bigger thing than it should be and honestly if the LP parents had just turned their backs on her and just ignored her she would have just been a crazy person yelling to herself.  So you guys can try all you want but it doesn't color the DTS team and it doesn't color that game.  It was a small incident blown out of proportion. Now can't speak to the Friday game because I wasn't there.

In the grand scheme of things, this was not a big deal; however, opponents of DTS should not have to "turn their backs" and ignore classless behavior either. There is nothing wrong with shining a light on unacceptable behavior by parents. I'm just surprised that this episode didn't lead a DTS dad to challenge someone to a fight in front of 11 year old girls.
Soccapeeps
Soccapeeps
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 97
Points : 3144
Join date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by go99 on 09/02/15, 10:27 am

ummm Shocked Rolling Eyes lol
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 6833
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by Guest on 09/02/15, 10:30 am

Not trying to downplay it...really I am since its been almost 24hrs since the incident but...

Look it up on YouTube "parents argue after kids soccer game" I'm sure it's at about 2million views by now. I even saw a special on 60 minutes about it.

Or better yet, does it change your opinion about our group? Let me answer that for you...Nope. You felt that way about us before the "argument" that's why you had your cameras ready. 

Me honestly, I think domestic arguments are more critical to your child's psyche than a public verbal dispute. You can put your kids earmuffs on an walk them away...at home they are in their rooms wondering are their parents gonna split up.

But I come from a different place in the world where I don't condone the behavior but there sure are much bigger issues in our lives I'd rather shine the spotlight on. This is small talk for beauty salons and practice.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by PurplePonyPower on 09/02/15, 10:34 am

Just for everyone's info, the OP is not an LP parent.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 196
Points : 2577
Join date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by go99 on 09/02/15, 10:34 am

on point again kix
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 6833
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by Zizou on 09/02/15, 10:36 am

Damn, we should have more dust ups like this, I mean tournaments.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5122
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by Guest on 09/02/15, 10:38 am

The title of this thread should have been broader...

"What is a field Marshall?"

Like forreal...aren't there preventative measures for incidents like this? Queue the sarcastic, facetious answers...but seriously. Outside of the obvious, meaning maturity and restraint...what are the preventative measures for safety and order?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by Soccapeeps on 09/02/15, 10:41 am

Used2bKix wrote:Not trying to downplay it...really I am since its been almost 24hrs since the incident but...

Look it up on YouTube "parents argue after kids soccer game" I'm sure it's at about 2million views by now. I even saw a special on 60 minutes about it.

Or better yet, does it change your opinion about our group? Let me answer that for you...Nope. You felt that way about us before the "argument" that's why you had your cameras ready. 

Me honestly, I think domestic arguments are more critical to your child's psyche than a public verbal dispute. You can put your kids earmuffs on an walk them away...at home they are in their rooms wondering are their parents gonna split up.

But I come from a different place in the world where I don't condone the behavior but there sure are much bigger issues in our lives I'd rather shine the spotlight on. This is small talk for beauty salons and practice.

Kix...You just don't get it.

Would a domestic agrument be more harmful to your kid, I don't know, but I do know that a mom cussing/yelling and apparently a dad challenging another parent to fight does NOT help your child's psyche. Why do any of it?

Soccapeeps
Soccapeeps
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 97
Points : 3144
Join date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by Guest on 09/02/15, 10:47 am

go99 wrote:on point again kix

But Go, remember that when you call foul on a parent acting like an a$$ on the sideline, you aren't AGAINST that parent, you are actually FOR that parent so that he/she can learn...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by Guest on 09/02/15, 10:54 am

Soccapeeps wrote:
Used2bKix wrote:Not trying to downplay it...really I am since its been almost 24hrs since the incident but...

Look it up on YouTube "parents argue after kids soccer game" I'm sure it's at about 2million views by now. I even saw a special on 60 minutes about it.

Or better yet, does it change your opinion about our group? Let me answer that for you...Nope. You felt that way about us before the "argument" that's why you had your cameras ready. 

Me honestly, I think domestic arguments are more critical to your child's psyche than a public verbal dispute. You can put your kids earmuffs on an walk them away...at home they are in their rooms wondering are their parents gonna split up.

But I come from a different place in the world where I don't condone the behavior but there sure are much bigger issues in our lives I'd rather shine the spotlight on. This is small talk for beauty salons and practice.

Kix...You just don't get it.

Would a domestic agrument be more harmful to your kid, I don't know, but I do know that a mom cussing/yelling and apparently a dad challenging another parent to fight does NOT help your child's psyche. Why do any of it?

Oh but I very much do get it.
I'm just posting....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by purplefrog on 09/02/15, 11:18 am

lostntexas wrote:He replied'is about D1 scholarships??? Really ?? Lol  

Hahaha...yeah, I always see those D1 College Scouts trying to find the best 5th grader for their D1 Soccer program at the tournaments on the weekends. I'm sure winning or losing the U11 Spring Kickoff Tournament is going to affect their scholarship chances.

What an idiot
purplefrog
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 144
Points : 2405
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by TatonkaBurger on 09/02/15, 11:27 am

purplefrog wrote:
lostntexas wrote:He replied'is about D1 scholarships??? Really ?? Lol  

Hahaha...yeah, I always see those D1 College Scouts trying to find the best 5th grader for their D1 Soccer program at the tournaments on the weekends.  I'm sure winning or losing the U11 Spring Kickoff Tournament is going to affect their scholarship chances.

What an idiot

That's a good way to put even more pressure on your little 5th grader.  Not only does she get to hear you on the sideline all game and probably on the ride home, but now she has to worry about how she won't get into college because she had a bad game.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1176
Points : 4119
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by Guest on 09/02/15, 01:03 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
purplefrog wrote:
lostntexas wrote:He replied'is about D1 scholarships??? Really ?? Lol  

Hahaha...yeah, I always see those D1 College Scouts trying to find the best 5th grader for their D1 Soccer program at the tournaments on the weekends.  I'm sure winning or losing the U11 Spring Kickoff Tournament is going to affect their scholarship chances.

What an idiot

That's a good way to put even more pressure on your little 5th grader.  Not only does she get to hear you on the sideline all game and probably on the ride home, but now she has to worry about how she won't get into college because she had a bad game.
Ohhhhh...so you're saying there should NOT be alot of yelling in the car after the game...Oh Snap!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by Guest on 09/02/15, 01:39 pm

I've heard how Sheets addresses his daughter and son...that's why I don't see what all the fuss is about in regards to the post game incident...?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by yellowcard5 on 09/02/15, 01:45 pm

DTS has been in and around this age group with many of the same players for years. I can't see why this is a big deal to some of you.

You act as if this is the first time you have witnessed a DTS parent scream, cuss, jump up and down, whine and cuss at the officials, speak to opposition players and challenge others to a fight.

I am with Kix 100% on this - there really isn't anything to see here - at least anything we haven't seen already. This is pretty much the rule with this group in any game against top competition, not the exception.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 110
Points : 3689
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by progressiveparent on 09/02/15, 01:51 pm

That ^^^^

progressiveparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 20
Points : 2236
Join date : 2014-11-11

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad on 09/02/15, 01:59 pm

yellowcard5 wrote:DTS has been in and around this age group with many of the same players for years.  I can't see why this is a big deal to some of you.

You act as if this is the first time you have witnessed a DTS parent scream, cuss, jump up and down, whine and cuss at the officials, speak to opposition players and challenge others to a fight.

I am with Kix 100% on this - there really isn't anything to see here - at least anything we haven't seen already.  This is pretty much the rule with this group in any game against top competition, not the exception.

Edmund Burke once said "All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." While I don't intend to incite religion or morals into the conversation, I do think there should be an acceptable standard of behavior (regardless of moral or values) that is maintained by all parents at all matches. I can't imagine how a parent or adult could feel that swearing in anger or threatening to fight adds any value to their DDs development or the overall experience of these 11 year olds. More than likely, it is reflective of the lack of discipline and self control by these parents and the values/morals they maintain.

I do have a problem with the way the DTS parents acted on Friday (and Sun as well, from what has been shared). While I can voice my concern and use it (as I have) to teach my DD about the behaviors that lead to success (and those that don't) in life, I will always voice my concerns when adults start acting like children in front of children. No value ever comes from this...ever...for anyone. I would hope that those parents on DTS who do not act this way would help this parent / these parents understand that this behavior is not appropriate ever.
Peak_Performance_Dad
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 3076
Join date : 2012-11-20

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by boilerjoe_96 on 09/02/15, 02:06 pm

Peak_Performance_Dad wrote:

Edmund Burke once said "All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."  While I don't intend to incite religion or morals into the conversation, I do think there should be an acceptable standard of behavior (regardless of moral or values) that is maintained by all parents at all matches.  I can't imagine how a parent or adult could feel that swearing in anger or threatening to fight adds any value to their DDs development or the overall experience of these 11 year olds.  More than likely, it is reflective of the lack of discipline and self control by these parents and the values/morals they maintain.

I do have a problem with the way the DTS parents acted on Friday (and Sun as well, from what has been shared).  While I can voice my concern and use it (as I have) to teach my DD about the behaviors that lead to success (and those that don't) in life, I will always voice my concerns when adults start acting like children in front of children.  No value ever comes from this...ever...for anyone.  I would hope that those parents on DTS who do not act this way would help this parent / these parents understand that this behavior is not appropriate ever.

+1
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 646
Points : 3881
Join date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by yellowcard5 on 09/02/15, 02:15 pm

Ron White once said "you can't fix stupid."

There absolutely is an acceptable standard of behavior on the sidelines but just like laws that are set in our society, there will always be those that just don't think they apply to them.

You are free to use any incident you wish to teach your children valuable life lessons...and I agree that this was probably a good teaching moment.

In the end, it isn't our job to try and manage other teams parents behavior. The only way their behavior is going to change is when someone within their own group has the balls to stand up and tell them it is unacceptable.  In most situations I would think this would be the coach, but obviously he doesn't take much issue with it since its been going on for years now.  It is a black eye for their team and in the end all these parents do is take the shine away from their own girls that are a pretty good team.

There are always going to be people like this and contrary to popular belief not everyone can be fixed, nor do many of them want to be.  Your approach is the correct one in using it to teach your own kids and that is the value that comes out of it.  Our kids are going to have to face people like this throughout their entire lives and the sooner they can learn to ignore them the better off they will be in the end.


Last edited by yellowcard5 on 09/02/15, 03:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 110
Points : 3689
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by Guest on 09/02/15, 02:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifqhzc93U0w

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by yellowcard5 on 09/02/15, 02:24 pm

boilerjoe_96 wrote:
Peak_Performance_Dad wrote:

Edmund Burke once said "All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."  While I don't intend to incite religion or morals into the conversation, I do think there should be an acceptable standard of behavior (regardless of moral or values) that is maintained by all parents at all matches.  I can't imagine how a parent or adult could feel that swearing in anger or threatening to fight adds any value to their DDs development or the overall experience of these 11 year olds.  More than likely, it is reflective of the lack of discipline and self control by these parents and the values/morals they maintain.

I do have a problem with the way the DTS parents acted on Friday (and Sun as well, from what has been shared).  While I can voice my concern and use it (as I have) to teach my DD about the behaviors that lead to success (and those that don't) in life, I will always voice my concerns when adults start acting like children in front of children.  No value ever comes from this...ever...for anyone.  I would hope that those parents on DTS who do not act this way would help this parent / these parents understand that this behavior is not appropriate ever.

+1

You should voice your concerns. My point is that voicing them on a soccer forum is not going to yield the results that can make a difference. Take the appropriate action and call NTX Soccer, Dallas Texans, Tournament Director, etc and let them know what happened. These organizations do not take kindly to this type of behavior because it hurts their brand. You have to go through the process, but in the end if one moron can be removed from the sidelines we are all better off.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 110
Points : 3689
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad on 09/02/15, 03:03 pm

yellowcard5 wrote:Ron White once said "you can't fix stupid."

There absolutely is an acceptable standard of behavior on the sidelines but just like laws that are set in our society, there will always be those that just don't think they apply to them.

You are free to use any incident you wish to teach your children valuable life lessons...and I agree that this was probably a good teaching moment.

In the end, it isn't our job to try and manage other teams parents behavior. The only way their behavior is going to change is when someone within their own group has the balls to stand up and tell them it is unacceptable.  In most situations I would think this would be the coach, but obviously he doesn't take much issue to it since its been going on for years now.  It is a black eye for their team and in the end all these parents do is take the shine away from their own girls that are a pretty good team.

There are always going to be people like this and contrary to popular belief not everyone can be fixed, nor do many of them want to be.  Your approach is the correct one in using it to teach your own kids and that is the value that comes out of it.  Our kids are going to have to face people like this throughout their entire lives and the sooner they can learn to ignore them the better off they will be in the end.

Amen!!
Peak_Performance_Dad
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 3076
Join date : 2012-11-20

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by BrianWilliams on 09/02/15, 03:20 pm

That woman yelled at me. Then she busted a bottle and came after me. Shots were fired in the parking lot.
BrianWilliams
BrianWilliams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 142
Points : 2631
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity! - Page 2 Empty Re: DTS (04) - Thanks for the teaching opportunity!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum